Allergic To Silence
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Allergic To Silence Send a message via MSN to Allergic To Silence Send a message via Yahoo to Allergic To Silence

Old 04-06-2012, 09:59 AM

what's your favorite part of easter dinner?
go ahead and name it, i wont bite!.....well, maybe into the yummy foods we all mention!

i'll start by saying i love delicious ham. :squee:

ellaangelus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-06-2012, 10:02 AM

As long as it's food on my table, i'm eating it. *thank god my mom doesn't cook weird food*
So..
Yeah.

Corlatta DeNaught
Bound Birdie's Mule

Old 04-06-2012, 10:04 AM

Egg salad sandwiches afterwards?
I wold make ham but I generally have to work

Allergic To Silence
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Allergic To Silence Send a message via MSN to Allergic To Silence Send a message via Yahoo to Allergic To Silence

Old 04-06-2012, 10:05 AM

i want to make a ham this year, but the oven in the apartment my mom and i just moved to is being a troll.
it will light for the maintenance guys, but when they arent around it's all like, "you mad, bro?"

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 04-06-2012, 10:18 AM

What would someone eat besides ham?

lamb? that would be kinda sad actually lambs are to cute

Allergic To Silence
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-06-2012, 10:22 AM

well, there's the side dishes too!
like maybe mac'n cheese, or green bean casserole......
or desserts like pecan pie!
really anything, because everyone's easter dinner is different than the person next door!

Bound Birdie

Old 04-06-2012, 10:31 AM

We always have fruit pies!
Like Banana cream, lemon mirange and Key lime mmmmhm

Usako
Moon Princess

Old 04-06-2012, 10:33 AM

Easter is just another Sunday to me so whatever the hell is offered I'll eat.

I don't remember if anything special is made, I think lamb and/or ham? Though i do like duck.

Allergic To Silence
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-06-2012, 10:34 AM

mmmmm, banana cream pie.........
(and yes, please do feel free to read that in homer simpson's voice)

Bound Birdie

Old 04-06-2012, 10:46 AM

lol I'm not religious at all so I steal from all there holidays
aside from the church thing

Allergic To Silence
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-06-2012, 10:49 AM

i'm agnostic, but leaning a bit towards wicca, so really i just celebrate the commercialized parts for holidays like easter and christmas.

Bound Birdie

Old 04-06-2012, 10:57 AM

lol kinda me to, I favor some bits of my native american kind of belief system as for respecting nature and mother earth. But as far a sentient being weeellll... lets just say I would rather something be un aware then... not care about all these problems we have. So ... yeah XD

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 04-06-2012, 11:21 AM

People have special easter dinners for easter?

Bound Birdie

Old 04-06-2012, 11:25 AM

Some people have a special dinners any time they can make up an excuse XD

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 04-06-2012, 11:26 AM

Yes, that's true. What sort of food does an Easter dinner have? I would have thought it only consisted of chocolate eggs.. mm.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 04-06-2012, 11:35 AM

We don't have a special Easter dinner because we used to have roast dinners on a Sunday anyway but I am very fond of fish and chips on Good Friday. :)

Usako
Moon Princess

Old 04-06-2012, 12:40 PM

I've never liked Easter, even when I was religious. It was the one day of the year my parents tried to drag me to church, it was boring and dull and felt hypocritical. You never both to go to church but all of a sudden it's Easter so you want to go? Meh...

Plus, I never liked the Easter candies. Icky jelly beans. lol

But yeah, I don't like to steal the holidays other religions so I ignore Easter all together.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-06-2012, 12:53 PM

My favorite part is the ham and home-made mashed potatoes!
I rarely get the real mashed potatoes (my family usually cooks the instant which I can't stand) so when I do it's like BOOYAH!!!! and I pile a huge pile on my plate XD;
And then I like the ham because I rarely get ham either (because it's like, almost $3 a lb here and there's no way I'm spending $30-40 on a freaking ham xD), so when we cook one (and shockingly around Easter they're actually reasonably priced at like $0.89 a lb) it's awesome because for some of the potatoes my Mom puts them, and carrots, right in with the ham - so they cook and get all the juicy flavors of the ham! Definitely my favorite part of the entire holiday <3

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 04-06-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
My favorite part is the ham and home-made mashed potatoes!
I rarely get the real mashed potatoes (my family usually cooks the instant which I can't stand) so when I do it's like BOOYAH!!!! and I pile a huge pile on my plate XD;
I have mashed potatoes quite a lot, I am usually in charge of the mashing :squee: Yeah the ready-packed mashed potato usually tastes really salty!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-06-2012, 03:24 PM

To be honest, we don't really cook easter dinner. We used to when I was younger...egss and ham and stuff. But none of us really liked eggs and ham and traditional easter foods. So we gave up on that after a while XD

lmaginary
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-06-2012, 03:30 PM

I didn't know that people had easter dinners until I started dating my boyfriend and got invited over for one of his families XD

But any meal that includes mashed potatoes and gravy is ok as far as I am concerned lol

I am nonreliegious, but by mom considers herself christian (the kind that only goes to church for the big holidays >.>), so I was brought up with the commercial holidays.

KidK Mirai
*^_^*

Old 04-06-2012, 03:38 PM

My mother makes turkey and such, so it's a lot like Thanksgiving dinner, but...
The best part of MY Easter dinner is the dessert afterward--a Cadbury cream egg. 8]

lifelesspondering
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-06-2012, 03:41 PM

My easter dinner will be in a cafeteria at school. No break for me and no family stuff.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-06-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunanuova View Post
I have mashed potatoes quite a lot, I am usually in charge of the mashing :squee: Yeah the ready-packed mashed potato usually tastes really salty!
I completely agree!
I loveeeee real mashed potatoes - so yummy and creamy!
I hate the instant :(
I used to like the 4-cheese instant because they were almost like real mashed potatoes, but they changed them and it got gross so I quit eating them :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaginary View Post
I didn't know that people had easter dinners until I started dating my boyfriend and got invited over for one of his families XD

But any meal that includes mashed potatoes and gravy is ok as far as I am concerned lol

I am nonreliegious, but by mom considers herself christian (the kind that only goes to church for the big holidays >.>), so I was brought up with the commercial holidays.
I'm not religious either, so I know what you mean lol
Holidays like Christmas and Easter have always been commercial for me - the only reason why we "celebrate" with a big family dinner is because it's tradition stemming down from my grandparents, who were somewhat religious (though not extreme) and who brought the tradition down from their parents :3

It's kind of funny how the two big Christian holidays have become so commercial, while a great deal of the other holidays haven't really been celebrated other than by those who celebrate it for religious purposes (like Hanukkah)!

DeLish
*^_^*

Old 04-06-2012, 05:03 PM

I don't often get to partake in an Easter dinner because I don't have time to travel down to my family to go to their church, and who hosts big Easter dinners in a college town? Well, this year, I'm assisting the stage manager for a play at my university that opens this upcoming Wednesday. We're going to have our first dress rehearsal Sunday, although the director dislikes working on Sundays, and he's decided we're going to have a potluck. :) Although I was excited in the beginning, the bickering and whining of the rest of the cast has annoyed me: they're too broke, or they don't like this and that, or they want to bring their own plate, or they want to go out to eat. Makes me want to flip a table.