Algas Soleado
Defender of Green Things

Old 04-06-2012, 02:06 PM

Share your Easter stories here! Even if you don't celebrate it (or celebrate it a week later)!

So when I was maybe five or six, my family was gathered around our little baskets. We had the big hollow chocolate bunny with the magical wishing jelly bean egg. We had Reese's eggs and just loads of awesomeness. I was also fat. I think that's irrelevant.

My sister is a year older than me and has always been the type-A authority pleasing type. It's just how she works. So she gets up to hug my mom and says, "Thank you, Mommy. I know you put a lot of work into this." There might have been a "pretending to be the Easter bunny" in there, but I don't remember. And I start crying because I like that magic kind of stuff and if the Easter bunny wasn't real (I had my suspicions, but my sister confirmed them by being a suck up) then the magic egg wasn't real and wouldn't work and that made me so sad my chest hurt... Which is really dumb because my first heart break was over the Easter bunny.

Now I try to only eat fair trade chocolate and I actually care about what I look like so I try not to eat much of that anyway. lol

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-06-2012, 03:20 PM

I figured it out because when I was young...my mom forgot to get my tooth as "the tooth fairy" one night. I woke up really sad and disappointed when my mother (who never came to wake me up in the morning) came walking in all happy and smiling and saying good morning, etc. She left and my tooth was gone so I followed her and she ended up accidently dropping it and I went, "AH-AH!!!"

Well...I figured out about the tooth fairy, the easter bunny, and santa that day. My mother cried her eyes out she was so upset lol

Algas Soleado
Defender of Green Things

Old 04-06-2012, 03:35 PM

Yeah, for some reason Santa was never a big deal for me. I knew my parents did it, I just kind of figured it was the spirit of Santa that moved parents to do things because he couldn't go to all of the houses in one night. Haha... I was weird.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-06-2012, 03:36 PM

Even after I figured it out and my brothers eventually did, we still got gifts from the easter bunny and santa just because my mom wanted it to be special and keep the spirit of things going. it was really sweet of her :D

Algas Soleado
Defender of Green Things

Old 04-06-2012, 03:41 PM

My family's like that too. We all have santa stockings filled with chocolate and books and awesomeness. :)

lifelesspondering
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-06-2012, 03:44 PM

I think most of my memories of these fun events ended when i was like 10 because my brothers were older and nobody seemed to care about it that much, even though I wish we could still do that type of stuff

Heck nobody in my family even bothers to wrap christmas presents anymore and just gives the items to the people in big garbage bags.

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 04-06-2012, 03:54 PM

I don't have a cool easter bunny story, but I have a funny santa story!
When I was...maybe 7 or 8(?), I asked my grandma if Santa was real. I had my suspicions that he wasn't, but I wanted to find out. She asked me if I really wanted to know and if I believed in him, and I said yes. She told me he wasn't.
That doesn't sound funny, but I'd always do an impression of her telling me that Santa wasn't real.
I'd cross my legs and then pretend I was smoking a cigarette. I'd blow out some imaginary smoke and say "Audrey, Santa isn't real." in a serious tone. :lol:

My mom found it hysterical, but my Aunt had a little fit about it. xD She didn't like that my grandma told me he wasn't real.
My family (especially my aunt) really enjoyed Easter and Christmas. We used to have an easter egg hunt and eat lots of sweets.
I think I always sorta knew that the easter bunny wasn't real.
I make fun of it now since the idea of a giant magical bunny breaking into your house and leaving little eggs full of treats kinda creepy. Me and my mom like to make fun of the whole santa thing, too. xD

Algas Soleado
Defender of Green Things

Old 04-06-2012, 04:00 PM

My family always has amazingly wrapped presents. Like seriously, it's a family of people who arrange flowers and decorations on the side. I learned how to tie a bow correctly in like 6th grade. And not like shoes, like those big fluffy ones.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 04-06-2012, 10:26 PM

When I was younger, my parents would lay out a trail for me to follow on Easter and leave a basket by my door. I'd go all over the house following the trail, usually made of Hershey Kisses, picking up candies and little (and not-so-little) gifties they bought for me. Once, I woke up early and saw the basket and trail outside my door, and just kind of took off following it, not bothering to get my parents up. They were kind of sad that I didn't get them up so they could see me track down the trail, but I think I might've been around age six and still deeply believed in the Easter Bunny, so I just didn't know. XD I look back on it and think it was funny. They put so much work into that...

I don't really know when I learned that the Easter Bunny wasn't real. I just kind of... did one day. :P I don't know how that really worked.

Yaunie13
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-07-2012, 01:44 AM

There was some sort of event going on at my school (perhaps only in my class) in the third grade. For some reason, I won an Easter basket. You know, one of those woven baskets wrapped up in plastic with tons of toys and candies and artificial grass. Back then, I went to my grandmother's house before my mother picked me up to go home. As soon as I put that Easter basket down for ONE SECOND, my cousin ripped it open and ate practically all of the candy that was in there. I couldn't beat him up so the only thing I could think of was to steal most of his Halloween candy for the next 2 years after that. He never took my stuff after that.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-07-2012, 01:46 AM

One time I wanted to grow an Easter egg tree and planted a chocolate egg in my garden. I waited and waited and waited for months before my mom told me nothing would come of it. It made me very sad and I didn't try growing anything after that. :cry:

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 04-07-2012, 02:06 AM

Guys, guys! What if some of our users were still in the dark? Well, you brought this on yourself, you're going to have to be the one to comfort them :?

Algas Soleado
Defender of Green Things

Old 04-07-2012, 10:26 PM

I really doubt there are users who don't know. haha I'm pretty sure if someone that young is on the internet, the Easter bunny not being real is the last of their worries.