ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:13 AM

How come you didn't choose a richer brown, then?

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 04-07-2012, 07:18 AM

because poop brown is my natural color and I don't want to have roots, my family may be a little fussy considering its not the to-headed blond they are used to but they need to realize that hair does naturally get darker as you age

ElysiumFate

Old 04-07-2012, 07:25 AM

Awh. It sounds a bit like your family doesn't like change or different too much. I don't see anything wrong with dying your hair a color that better matches your skin tone, or even doing the crazy colors you do (albeit that'd be weird if you were 40, even then, more power to you for being yourself).

Bound Birdie

Old 04-07-2012, 07:33 AM

lol Well my hair is probably going to go RIGHT back to something purple I'm thinking an ombre dark violet down to a lavender type color with the rich jewel tone and really bright pop purples in between. I just love bright hair, always have and yeah probably will until a really career that's going to pay me a lest 3,000 saliery makes me stop. But I'll do it for as long as I can XD

but no my family doesn't like anything really XD they always say "If god wanted it that way he would have made it that way" well maybe god made purple hair dye to XP

ElysiumFate

Old 04-07-2012, 07:56 AM

You won't see me complaining. I think you look really pretty with the purple hair, and trust me, I don't say that often. :lol: Usually I see purple hair or pink hair and I want to slap the person with it because it looks horrid, but you work it!

Oh, jeeze. I'm a pretty religious/spiritual person myself, and I just can't bring myself to be like that. Just let people be who they are so long as they aren't hurting anyone else.

Bound Birdie

Old 04-07-2012, 08:16 AM

It's because it works with everything else in my wardrobe... home ... surrounds as much as I can effect XD and it does look terrible all faded, it takes a lot of effort to have bright pretty hair and most people aren't willing to deal with it.

That is the Christian thing to do is it not? I must say living around that kind of killed me on strict religions, I don't hate them or anything I just can't imagine the big guy in the sky with a white beard who has nothing better to do all day then to watch and judge you. They just seem to take all the crazy stuff literally and then they try to re-interpret all the simple stuff. O.o Just be nice to each other, is that so hard? Do you really need all these sets of laws and rules written down to tell you how to be a good person?

ElysiumFate

Old 04-07-2012, 08:30 AM

The one that gets me is hot pink hair. It's hideous. Pretty much always is. I had an acquaintance that I knew from another friend who ended up sitting next to me for an entire semester last year. Anyway, she had hot pink hair, and she dyed it at the beginning of the semester. Well, she never dyed it again, so I saw the whole terrible process of it growing out, not to mention it didn't accent her facial redness and acne well, either.

I'm a Christian, but I guess I'm my own kind of Christian. I do believe in a Christian God, and a savior and such that took away all of our sins. I'm conflicted on whether or not the Christian God is actually a man/person up on a cloud or if he's just an all-encompassing loving being so to say. I like to think of it as a combo of both, but in either case he's not judgmental. I believe in no Hell. Not only because I believe in a savior, but because I believe that we suffer through enough hell on earth and it's enough recompense already for our sins, that and we're already saved so we just have to believe and spend our lives learning. That's just me, though, and there's a lot more to my belief system than that, but I won't bore you. :lol:

I think we need those laws, but that they're mostly just common sense reminders. And the Bible bugs me because, well, shall we bring up Leviticus? Shall we bring up the ridiculous story of Adam and Eve and how it vilified all women, yet men are the eviller of the two sexes in real life? It doesn't make sense, yo.

Bound Birdie

Old 04-07-2012, 08:53 AM

Yeah I had a friend who rocked some bubble gum pink dreads that went with her green eyes REALLY well, and yeah we re dyed each others hair FREQUENTLY, but other then Tia (who had a similar style to mine just pink) I haven't seen one other person to pull it off like she did

I can't say I've totally decided on a faith in any way, just because I know I don't KNOW if that makes sense. I think if you have ever seen Patton Oswald's "Sky cake" bit is kind of a reflection of my opinion on religions. I don't HATE them, I just can't take the bible literally. That book is a collection of stories that have been through the "telephone game" and about a million imaginations. There's lots of actually evidence to prove that Jesus existed outside the bible and spoke about being careing to all man kind, that's all I really believe. Actually there's a lot of stand up that embodies how I feel XD Like Bill Burr has a bit about priests being a "special guy" XD there's no way he knows more about where I go when I die then any other alive person you know?

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 04-07-2012, 08:54 AM

Hi, I would join you but I don't really want to talk about/read religious things

Bound Birdie

Old 04-07-2012, 09:01 AM

That's complementary fine!
What would you like to talk about?

ElysiumFate

Old 04-07-2012, 09:02 AM

Lol, sorry dessert. Um, well, we were also talking about hair. :lol:

@Birdie: Huh. Natural dreads that were pink? I've seen pink dreads before, but they were the fake clip on ones. Didn't mind those.

I think, when it comes down to it, my faith is "the search for truth." This feels almost downright blasphemous to say, but I don't put much faith in the Bible either. By that I mean that I agree with you, it's a big game of telephone. We have SO much proof of that. The Adam and Eve thing I can just imagine this asshole of a ratty little misogynist man sitting in his corner putting his loathing for women into words.

Overall I know that I believe in souls, that there is good and evil in this world, and that we are here to be learning something. I have a hard time imagining eternal life, but if there were a world that I didn't have to get sick, or feel heartbreak, or pain, that would be nice.

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 04-07-2012, 09:04 AM

I dunno, I just can't do religion thing since it causes me to have panic attacks -shudders-

Is it bad that i actually kind of like it when the person's hair color fads a bit

ElysiumFate

Old 04-07-2012, 09:08 AM

I used to be the same way, don't worry about it. :)

Fading bugs me less than roots. There used to be this ass emo jerk in my high school who would dye his hair black. Well, his natural color was blonde, so when his hair grew out he looked like a balding monk.

Bound Birdie

Old 04-07-2012, 09:08 AM

depends on what it fades to, some of the nice lighter shades look okay on some people, but I just can't stand (on myself) the grown out roots, but that's because I hate my natural hair color.

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 04-07-2012, 10:39 AM

Ah, that's your real problem, ROOTs....

I honestly have never died my hair so I don't know about all the issues that come along with dying your hair.

ElysiumFate

Old 04-07-2012, 06:48 PM

I've had some highlights/streaks done before, and that's not too bad for roots, but the thing that I think is worst about dying your hair is that it tends to fry your hair over time, and fried hair is so unattractive.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer
Send a message via AIM to serena yuy Send a message via MSN to serena yuy

Old 04-07-2012, 10:41 PM

I'm beat, and drained physically, mentally, and emotionally.
I'm tired from work. Drained from work and my brain is fried also. And I'm upset a little because I wish I wasn't home alone tonight. I wish I was able to spend the night with Mike and get into a festive Easter mood with him. :/

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...
Send a message via MSN to Rusalka

Old 04-08-2012, 12:28 AM

Hey, how is everyone's weekend going?

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 04-08-2012, 01:07 AM

My weekend is great, My boyfriend just came to visit me for two weeks <3

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...