Xandra_Eiryklav
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-28-2007, 12:12 AM

Allure
by Xandra Eiryklav

Soft paws padding down the sidewalk of the bustling city. Her ears flopped up and down as she walked, her cute azure bows bouncing lightly back and forth as she trotted alongside him. Allure the all brindle English bulldog loved living in the city. She lived in a high rise apartment with her owners. They worked late nights but she never cared, she liked sprawling out on the couch alone. But the day her owner Andre walked her past the new Techno club her life changed forever.

It seemed like an ordinary night before the walk. Andre and Linda came home exhausted from another day’s work. Linda went to take a shower to clean up and get ready for bed.

“Take Allure out before you go to bed.” Linda yelled to Andre as she grabbed a towel from the linen closet in the hallway.

“Come on girl.” Andre said patting Allure on her side.

Allure jolted awake from the touch. She looked at him wide eyed not understanding most of what he said.

“Ready to go on a walk Allure?” Andre said as he walked a few feet over to the door and grabbed a leash from a hat hook.

Allure heard the word walk and immediately dove off of the couch, rolling end over end from dramatic drop for a dog with such stubby legs. She got to her feet without even a hint of being discouraged and pranced over to Andre excitedly.

“Heh, so that’s the magic word to get you to do something other than nap?” Andre laughed as he hooked the leash onto her collar.

Andre opened the door and Allure eager to go on the walk bolted out the door dragging him behind her. He managed to hold his ground briefly to lock and close the door behind them. Then they were off on what Allure saw as a daily adventure.

Everyday she would meet someone new. Strangely enough that night there were not that many people on the streets. Andre seemed bored with the routine circle around the complex and decided to take Allure on a longer walk. He knew that there was a new night club about a block away so he decided he had the time to at least walk by and see how popular it was. There was no line outside the club but the techno music poured out from the doors and into the street as

Allure and Andre walked past. Allure shook her head, the sounds made her feel weird. It was a weird tingly feeling all over her body. When she stopped shaking her head as she realized it wasn’t making the feeling go away she went to walk a little faster and as she lifted her paw she saw something was wrong with it. It looked like Linda’s hand. However, Linda wasn’t here.

Startled by this and thinking something was attacking her from below she backed up a bit and backed right into Andre. He was distracted by the music and as she backed into him he continued to walk and tumbled to the ground. Her owner stared right at her as he sat up from the fall.

He was holding a leash connected to a naked woman, not a bulldog at all. Long black hair fell over her shoulders covering her chest as she backed herself up against a wall. He dropped the leash in shock and stared at her.

Xandra_Eiryklav
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-28-2007, 12:14 AM

Her eyes looked so innocent, and when she looked at him it was like they pierced into his heart and saw every sin he ever committed. He felt his pants get a little tight but ignored it. How could he even care that there was this gorgeous woman sitting on the ground without a piece of clothing in sight at his feet. For one he was married and secondly he was worried he had lost Linda’s most prized possession.

“Who the heck are you?” He asked angrily as he got to his feet.

Allure had never heard Andre angry before. She became more and more frightened. She cowered in front of him. Soft whines coming from her vinaceous lips. Andre looked at the strangely beautiful girl hanging her head in front of him like a dog.

“Lady tell me who you are.” Andre yelled again, “And more importantly where is my dog?”

“She is your dog.” A tall man with long white hair said behind him.

“What?” Andre said, “Are you crazy? That is a woman. That is not a dog.”

“No she is a werewolf.” The man said rolling his eyes, “I swear the people these days just don’t believe in anything anymore.”

“Werewolves are huge monsters. That is a woman. Whatever I need to go find Allure.” Andre said angrily as he stormed off.

Allure went to walk after him, but it felt funny and strangely it hurt, the ground scraped her legs. She stopped moving and stared at Andre confused why he was leaving her behind. The man who was talking to Andre before he left bolted after Andre and talked to him for a moment. Andre looked more and more upset the more that the guy talked to him.

“You are not understanding.” The man said, “Werewolves can go from canine to werewolf to human.”

“You are crazy get away from me.” Andre said.

“Want proof.” The man said as he pulled a silver chain from his pocket.

This strange man came back to Allure and put the chain around her neck and she turned back into a bulldog.

“If you want to deny what she is keep this on her at all times. But eventually you won’t be able to hide the truth forever.” The man said.

“I will return for you young one.” He said in a strange way that Allure actually understood.

“Get away from my dog.” Andre said as he walked back over to grab the leash.

He hurriedly walked home dragging poor Allure behind him. The chain the strange man put around her neck made her groggy. As soon as she got far enough into the apartment she let her legs fall out from under her and lay there panting. Bulldogs were never made to move that fast in the first place and with how the chain made her feel she wished that Andre would have carried her.

Linda walked out of the bedroom rubbing her eyes sleepily.

“What is going on Andre?” she said before a soft yawn passed her lips.

Xandra_Eiryklav
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-28-2007, 12:16 AM

“I will tell you what is going on. Our beloved dog is a monster…” Andre said angrily.

“Did she bite you? Let me see?” Linda said concerned.

“No look.. Watch this.” He said as he grabbed Allure by the collar and drug her to him. He took off the silver chain as if expecting something to happen.

“She was..” Andre said confused, “She was a woman. And this man put a collar on her and she turned back.”

“Andre I already know she is a werewolf.” Linda said, “Quit whining and go to bed.”

“And you never told me?” Andre said angrily.

“Of course not. With breasts like hers she would put me out of the job.” Linda said before walking back into their room.

“No one could replace you baby.” Andre said before going back into his room.

Allure ignored everything they said as she was just overjoyed that the chain was off and she felt normal again.

The next morning Allure woke up to a knock at the door. Linda walked to the door in her bathrobe and opened the door. It was the man from the night before. His heavy boots scuffed the floor as Linda let him come in. He wore a long leather trenchcoat that swept over Allure as he walked past.

“Wapiti I am glad you came. I need you to teach her. I gotta get to work soon and I would rather someone who knows more about what its like to help her understand.” Linda said.

Wapiti picked up Allure. She was a bit heavy for a dog but considering she was more than just that Wapiti said nothing. Allure was sprawled out across his lap when he sat down on the couch. He scratched her behind the ear and then said to Linda, “I will teach her what I know. I am surprised you chose me to teach her considering.”

“No one will accept her either. It’s why I contacted you. When I found her at the pet store I knew there was no way she was just a dog. I bought her knowing what I was getting into.” Linda explained, “My mother was a werewolf as you know. Strangely enough I am not. A blessing I guess but even if I were, you know as well as I do that domestic dogs are not accepted into the werewolf society. At least I would have a chance.”

“She will take a lot of ridicule yes but I think this little one will be great one day.” Wapiti laughed as Allure fell off of his lap after leaning into the ear scratching. The dog rolled around on the floor a bit before getting up. Her stubby legs had a hard time getting enough traction to stand.

Wapiti sat with Allure a bit and said nothing as Andre was still home. Andre was also new to this concept, he did not want a conflict to arise over seeing Wapiti talking in wolf-speak to Allure. Andre came out of the bedroom and saw Wapiti.

His eyes widened and he yelled, “Who let that jerk in here?”

Xandra_Eiryklav
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-28-2007, 12:17 AM

“I did honey.” Linda said, “He is here to teach Allure.”

Allure jumped back onto the couch and laid down by Wapiti. The loving bulldog rested her head on his lap.

Andre ignored the werewolves in his living room for the rest of the morning. Linda and Andre left them to Allure’s studies when they went to work. Wapiti spoke once more so Allure could understand.
“You are a werewolf in the case no one has told you yet.”
Wapiti said as he looked into the curious eyes of the cuddly bulldog.

“A what?” Allure barked hoping he would understand her like she understood him.

“A huge puppy person who defends the good in the world.” Wapiti said to simplify it.

The curious bulldog almost seemed to look happy.

“It’s hard being a werewolf.” Wapiti said, “Especially for you.”
Allure tilted her head to the side confused.

“But we will worry about that later ok?” Wapiti continued not expecting an answer.

Allure tried to not be confused but she could not help herself. She thought to herself, “If I am a wereboolf thingy… Does that mean I am not a bulldog? And does that mean I will be attacked by weird thingys like last night?”

The strange man patted the top of her head to get her attention again, “Allure would you concentrate on being a bigger dog for me?”

She thought about it but considering she was a bulldog her attention was easily taken away by noticing a morsel of food on the floor left from breakfast. The little bulldog’s legs could not carry Allure fast enough.

Wapiti became discouraged and decided if he were to teach anything to this dog at all he was going to have to have no distractions. He cleared off the counters and the table and decided he had no choice but to vacuum the floor. Here he was doing the work of the apartment leasers, but otherwise Allure was not going to pay attention at all with all of the mess her owners left behind.

He pulled the vacuum out of the closet and turned it on. The moment he did so Allure lost all control of herself, if there was anything she hated it was the vacuum. Her small bulldog form turned into a nine-foot tall monster with a huge under-bite with fangs protruding from her bottom jaw into the air.

Her cobalt bows shook as she fiercely bit into the vacuum puncturing the bag, dust shot from the holes and into the air. So in an attempt to clean Wapiti managed to make a mess but what mattered in his eyes was that Allure had gone into her werewolf form to ‘kill’ the vacuum. It was no wonder their house was a mess. Wapiti laughed as Allure tore the vacuum apart.

When she tired of chewing the vacuum into a mangled mess of metal and plastic Allure was back to being a cute and cuddly bulldog again. Her teacher now knew how to handle this most difficult student.

Xandra_Eiryklav
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-28-2007, 12:19 AM

“Allure I want you to think really hard about the vacuum.” Wapiti said again in wolf-speak.

The panting puppy looked at him and nodded. For the first time she showed she understood. In her mind she pictured the vacuum and once again she was the werewolf.

He was so happy she finally got this far that he hugged the huge and scary Allure. He didn’t care that drool fell from her jowls onto his coat. He had at least accomplished this much.

He touched her with the silver chain again to turn her back into a bulldog. What he wanted now was for her to be a human so he could teach her how to fit in.

“Last night you were a woman.” He said, “I need you to do that again. Think about being like Linda ok?”

Allure looked at him and although she tried to think hard about being Linda she failed. Wapiti had no choice but to ask what was different about last night as opposed to every other night and hoped Allure would not give him the standard dog answer about sniffing things and licking things and so forth.

“I walked somewhere else.” Allure barked back at him, “The sound of that horrible place made me cringe.”

“Think about that sound then.” Wapiti commanded.
“I don’t wanna.” Allure barked.

Someone on the other side of the wall started pounding on the wall and a voice yelled, “Put a muzzle on that dog of yours. I am trying to read.”

“Allure just do it ok?” Wapiti said, “I don’t want to get in trouble on the first day.”

The sound of that place filled her head again as she did what he said. A chill went down her spine and she closed her eyes. When she opened her eyes again Wapiti was smiling at her, “Good job.” He said.

He grabbed her by one of her wrists and her waist and helped her stand on her human legs. She wobbled horribly and fell into his arms. He took his coat off as she clung to him. Wrapping it around her body and forcing her arms into the sleeves he was able to at least cover her for a while until he could have Linda go out and buy her clothes.
After buttoning the front of the trenchcoat he helped her over to the chair and turned on the television.

He turned it to some children’s show and motioned for her to watch, “You need to learn to talk like me too.” He said in wolf-speak softly.

She looked at the television and for the first time understood that that box did something more than just get in her way when she walked into the room. Wapiti worked with her for hours with no progress on getting her to speak English. At least her got her to change into her different forms on her own.

When Linda and Andre returned from work Linda grabbed some clothing from her closet for Allure to wear temporarily until she could go out and buy stuff her size. The clothing was extremely tight around the chest but Allure didn’t care. She considered the growths to be the tumors that she heard dogs talk about at the vet and just prayed she would get them removed. They made her back hurt a lot and she wanted to learn to talk so she could have Linda take her to the vet.

Xandra_Eiryklav
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-28-2007, 12:20 AM

So Allure watched television all night while Linda and Andre slept. She even tried to talk along with them. At first it came out as weird whines, barks and growls but after a while she started to understand some of it. Even though she couldn’t speak it yet she understood it and that was at least a step in the right direction.

Wapiti came everyday for a few weeks to teach her how to walk, talk, and act like a human. The hardest things for him to teach were things he took for granted. He brought her lunch one day and wanted her to eat it like people do instead of only using her mouth. He had her hold the sandwich and she squished it in her hands. Cheese and meat oozed out the sides and fell on the table.

After days of practice she got the hang of it. He had to explain money to her over and over. The only way it got into her head was you get paper treats for doing a good job and you give the paper treat treats to get real treat treats. Although it was the most simplistic way, at least she was finally beginning to understand.

After about a month went by Wapiti knew he had to take her to see the elder werewolves. His hope was that she at least would somewhat fit in since she was already trained a little before he brought her. They walked down the streets of the city to a strange bar with an old shaggy dog sitting outside the door.

He opened the door for her and had her walk in first. Allure was scared; she had never been to a place like this before. There were several people there. None of them seemed to notice her which probably was a good thing. Wapiti took her to the back room where an old man sat in a chair covered in skins. There were others seated at the four tables in the room.

“This is Allure. The one I told you about.” Wapiti said bowing his head respectfully.

“Ah I see.” He said, “So little one. Change for me.”

Allure did as he asked but in doing so she tore the clothes she was wearing. The fabric tore from her huge monstrous form and floated to the floor around her feet. She turned into her true form and then back into a human. The old man did not seem nearly as impressed as Wapiti. Wapiti handed her an extra set of clothes so she could put them on as they waited for the elder werewolf to speak.

“Young one, you are indeed a werewolf. Who would have ever thought a bulldog would be among us eh my friends?” the old man said with a raspy voice.

Everyone in the room laughed.

“Why are they laughing at me?” Allure asked Wapiti.

“Don’t worry about it.” He said under his breath.

Wapiti was discouraged by the reactions of everyone. He could not understand how everyone could treat this poor girl like that. What they treated him like made sense at least.

He was born with mutations because both of his parents were werewolves. His skin was so pale and his hair so white that sunlight bothered him and he got sunburn for being outside for short periods of time and because of his parents he was shunned by everyone. What did Allure do to be treated like this just because she was a bulldog?

A woman invited Allure to sit down and although it came off as a friendly invite it was more of an insult banquet.

Xandra_Eiryklav
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-28-2007, 12:23 AM

“So do you hunt?” the woman asked.

“No I do not.” Allure answered confidently.

“Then how do you eat?” she asked.

“Well when I am not eating out of my electronic dog dish I have been using the paper treat treats to buy real treat treats.” Allure continued proudly, “I don’t even squish the sandwiches anymore.”

Everyone laughed at her but she didn’t take it to heart as she had no idea they were only talking to her to make fun of her because she was a domestic.

A man from the same table asked her, “So what do you do then?”

“Well I watch tv and learn to read. Sometimes I watch tv with my owner-man and he said I should be in a show he likes called Lebanese Videos.” And childishly she spelled out what she read on the dvd box even if she pronounced it wrong, “L-e-s-b-i-a-n Videos.”

One guy laughed so hard he spilled his drink on the floor before falling out of his chair and rolling on the floor laughing at how stupid the poor little bulldog sounded.

“He said I would be just as good as Linda and him. They do movies.” Allure continued.

Wapiti put his head in his hands knowing Allure was only making it worse. What was he thinking bringing her here?

Everyone made fun of her but she didn’t seem to get it. Wapiti got fed up with it and grabbed her arm and lifted her out of her chair, “We are leaving ok, Allure?”

Wapiti carried her toward the door and she waved goodbye to everyone. As they began to walk out a hoard of vampires spilled into the building toting guns and lighting up this place that werewolves seemed to hide out in.

Allure screamed as she saw the people she thought to be her friends getting shot. They all turned into werewolves and fought the vampires to no avail. Seemed they didn’t understand how to handle a situation like this. Wapiti told Allure to think of the vacuum. She did, and he turned into a werewolf too. Her form was so scary looking with the under-bite and huge fangs she had that the vampires were startled enough to get them off guard.

“What the hell is that thing?” one yelled shooting in her direction.

She charged the one shooting at her, her jaws open and ready to crush the unlife out of him. Her form tore through the room, overturning tables in her wake. As she ran through the chaos vampires threw themselves at her, doing everything they could to defeat her.

Her claws seared through their cold dead flesh with each slash giving the others a chance to sneak up on the vampires. She didn’t even look at them, she was just ensuring her goal to get the man shooting at her. So far he had been missing but she was not about to chance it. She lunged at him, her fangs sinking into his face. He dropped his gun and tried to pry her jaws apart but she wouldn’t let go.

She shook her head with him in her mouth as she had with her chew toys as a puppy and his flesh gave way, tearing away from his bone to be left in her mouth. She had him pinned underneath her and bit him in the chest instead this time.

Xandra_Eiryklav
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-28-2007, 12:24 AM

Again she shook him furiously, banging his head against the wall repeatedly until it was launched from his shoulders and onto the floor causing his body to promptly turn to dust. She changed back into her human form and turned around to tell Wapiti the good news about how she had beaten the bad guy and saved the day when she saw a man pointing a gun at her.

As he fired the gun Wapiti jumped in between, this being the first time Allure had seen him like this. His fur was stark white and his eyes were red. The bullet pierced his shoulder and didn’t come out the other side. Wapiti jumped over the tables and onto the vampire who shot him. The two crashed through the window and into an alley.

The battle wasn’t long because a moment later Wapiti came back in with dust all over his fur. He turned back into his human form and threw on his trenchcoat before walking over to Allure.

“You ok?” He asked.

“Yes I am ok Wapiti. But you are not.” She said putting her hand on his wound.

He inhaled sharply because of the pain. He coughed right after because of all of the dust in the air.

Allure then grabbed the back of his neck and stood on her toes and kissed Wapiti. The wounded Wapiti threw Allure to the floor and stormed across the room and back out the window. Allure tried to follow him however he was already gone. Allure managed to salvage some clothing so she could go home. She left without another word to any of the other werewolves. She walked home wondering why Wapiti was so mad at her.

“Was I a bad fighter?” she said to herself, “I did the best I could. I did what he told me.”

She wandered the streets until she recognized her home. She knocked on the door of the apartment and Linda let her in. She sat on the couch with tears welled up in her eyes.

“What’s wrong?” Linda asked.

“Wapiti hates me.” Allure said as tears began to stream down her cheeks, “I am not good enough for anybody. Linda please put me to sleep. I don’t want to live anymore. I hate being a bulldog. No one wants to be my friend for real. They think I don’t understand but I do.”

“Wapiti is a lot like you.” Linda said sitting beside her, “Werewolves are not supposed to have babies together. The pure blood like that does stuff to them that hurts them and because of that everyone treats them poorly. You should not have kissed him. It worried him that you didn’t understand it was wrong.”

“But when someone gets hurt for saving someone on tv they kiss them and everything is happy. I didn’t know. And because I thought it would make things happy, he hates me.”

“I do not hate you.” Wapiti’s voice rang out from the apartment balcony.

Allure didn’t even notice he was there or even the fact the door to the balcony was open when she came in. He had heard everything.

“I am sorry.” Allure said, “I just thought...”

Xandra_Eiryklav
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-28-2007, 12:24 AM

“Its ok. Just promise me you won’t do it again?” Wapiti said, “I don’t want you being treated badly.”

“Why?” Allure asked.

“Because you are my only true friend.” Wapiti said with a faint smile.

“And you are mine.” Allure said with a smile.

The End

sychobunny
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-29-2007, 08:41 PM

Allure
high-rise
her vivacious lips

Quote:
“Of course not. With breasts like hers she would put me out of the job.” Linda said before walking back into their room.

“No one could replace you baby.” Andre said before going back into his room.
They both walk back to their room, not his room, their room. make this more unified.
everything they said, as she was
long leather trench coat that

Quote:
“No one will accept her either. It’s why I contacted you. When I found her at the pet store I knew there was no way she was just a dog. I bought her knowing what I was getting into.” Linda explained, “My mother was a werewolf as you know. Strangely enough I am not. A blessing I guess but even if I were, you know as well as I do that domestic dogs are not accepted into the werewolf society. At least I would have a chance.”
He already knows why. It is a convient place to put this explanation, but not exceptional characters to be having this conversation.
Quote:
Andre ignored the werewolves in his living room for the rest of the morning. Linda and Andre left them to Allure’s studies when they went to work.
This just sounds repetative, even though it really isn't. Try rewording it so it doesnt sound like you're saying the same thing twice.
Her cobalt brows shook
least cover her until he could have Linda go out and buy her clothes.
At least he got her to change
None of them seemed to notice her; which probably was a good thing.

So he is shunned for being a full werewolf, and Linda is shunned for being a half werewolf. You need to figure out what this society values.
I feel so bad for Allure at the table
Explain the fight scene more thoroughly. You seem to have a preferance for action based stories, but you don’t spend much time on them. You got more into it as you went on, but in the beginning, the scene is static.
The bullet pierced his shoulder but didn’t come out the other side.
That is one cheesy ending. Cute, but cheesy.