blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 02-24-2014, 06:58 AM

Finding the garden was a surprise for the woman. For as long as she had been in this prison she had never known a place like there existed. Normally she preferred the darkness and solitude of her dimly lit cell, but the warm sun was so inviting. The pair had found a true treasure.

The two woman spent the whole day together enjoying their new paradise, well what paradise was to be had in this place. Vex felt herself somewhat pulled towards Shadow. It was rare for her to find another who she wanted to get close to. They bonded and shared things about themselves and their pasts. Shadow questioned her about the reaction she had had to some of the introductions. Vex revealed to the woman some of what had happened to her. Telling her how she had been bullied and beaten by the four boys she killed. Vex couldn’t bring herself to talk about all that happened. She was sure the other could probably guess what took place. The woman smiled a little when Shadow offered to listen is she ever wanted to talk about it.

It felt good to be able to talk another woman like this. Especially since Vex was finding herself feeling confused and conflicted. Shadow's expression when she called Sycom a devil made her laugh. She couldn’t help it. The two woman had grown close in their time together. They knew they now had someone they could talk to and someone that would listen. They both seemed more relaxed than they had before, like some of the stress they had melted away from just being able to spend time together and chat. After it grew dark the pair went their separate ways to get some much needed rest. Once back in her room she took a warm bath before crawling into bed to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------

Early the next morning Vex woke up before most would be stirring. Lying on her bed she stared at the ceiling thinking about what she had told Shadow and the advice the woman had given her. The other woman had encouraged her to at least talk to Sycom and see if he felt the same. Before now the silver haired woman would have just pushed the strange feelings she had to the side. Dismissing them as foolishness and nothing more, but after the close call that her dear friend had she just couldn’t do it. This was something she needed to figure out and quickly so things could go back to normal.

On her way back to her room from the garden the night before she heard the Sycom was resting in his room due to fainting. The woman let her mind wander for a bit before getting out of bed. She tossed on an orchid colored long sleeved shirt, black bra, a black skirt similar the what she normally wore, and black stockings and black lace up boots. Without much thought she grabbed some of her throwing knives before leaving her room.

Like she figured no one else seemed to be awake as she walked through the hall. She smiled a bit to herself as she made her way to Sycom’s room. She could just imagine what the man’s friends in the tech department are going to think and tease the man about when the see that he’s getting another night visit from one of the female criminals. Once again outside his door she hesitated like she had the night before. This time she didn’t knock, she just entered the room. The room was dimly lit by a lamp near the bed. It was hard to see, but she could make out Sycom’s figure sleeping soundly on the bed. From the looks of it he had barely touched the food or drink that had been left. This made her frown slightly. “This is their fault. They shouldn’t have pushed you so hard after the battle.” Vex said in a quiet, but angry tone.

The woman moved a chair to beside the bed. The man seemed to still be fighting a fever when she took a closer look at him. She moved about quietly getting a wash cloth and dampening it with cool water which she placed on his forehead. There really wasn’t anything else she could do for him so she sat in the chair, watching him. While sitting there she wondered what she was doing. This wasn’t like her at least not like who she thought she was. She thought she had gotten rid of her soft and caring side long ago. A soft chuckle came from her as she looked down at Sycom, “you really are a devil,” she whispered. She continued to watch over him. After a while she herself dozed off in the chair.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 02-24-2014, 11:00 PM

Hime's chat with Agent Sai had been relatively pleasant, though it has done little to calm the woman's mind after all that had been happening recently. She had turned into her room for a bit, reading over files, though her brain didn't try to comprehend any of it. After a few hours of failing at that, the blonde decided she would try to pay Reino another visit, though they had increased the guard at his doors since the woman had last tried to come see him and they quickly told the woman to leave or face punishment of suspension. Sucking in a breath of air, she returned to her quarters, ignoring the teams that seemed to be milling around, and went back to her files. She wasn't sure when it happened, but at some point she must have fallen asleep as she was awoken some time later by the smell of someone cooking breakfast food.

Sitting up, the woman had to pull pages from her face and palms that had somehow stuck to her. She made her way to a mirror in the corner of her room only to straighten her typical uniform, her hand and wipe off the words that had transferred themselves from the paper to her face, or at least as many as she cared to wipe off. It only took a matter of moments for Hime to seemingly appear as 'on duty' as she would if they were heading out into the field, or off for training for the day, which she may have wanted to push them through.

Tugging once again at the hem of her jacket, she made her way out into the main commons area for Division 1 where she was greeted by the faces of a few from both teams already, including the cat-earred male she met yesterday as well as Reino, back on his feet, if one could say that. Hime could feel her temperature drop a few degrees at seeing him back already; the relief was a welcome feeling, though should anyone in that room have noticed the stress that seemed to leave her eyes and rigid body, she would have been surprised.

Before making her way towards the food, the woman approached Reino, her heels clicking together in a very military-like fashion as she stopped before him. "It's good to see you on your feet," she said in a very professional manner; it was like the woman just didn't 'shut off' from her job, though the increased guards and her banning from his recovery room were good examples of lapses in such professionalism. Hime pulled her eyes from the bandaged male to take note that Shadow was sitting far from the man which seemed unusual compared to their normal behavior. Looking back to the dark haired male, her eyes soften slightly, and though she did not smile she offered the male a nod as she said, "I owe you my life for that. I'm glad you survived to give me the opportunity."

It was unheard of for an agent to say such a thing to a criminal; to protect and agent was their job, but Hime would not just accept that as he nearly died. With another soft nod towards Reino, the blonde made her way towards the table, grabbing a plate, putting very little on it. After putting an egg and a few potatoes her eyes caught a glimpse of the man that had been working on everything. The cat-eared male was taller than her, though that wasn't saying much because he was shorter than the others that were in the room. That wasn't what caught her eye, it was what he was wearing. She stopped and stared at him, rather blatantly, before saying, "I truly hope that you're wearing that because you lost some kind of bet."

Out of everything that was this man, the thing that had stood out to Hime was the fact he was wearing an apron. Now, normally such a thing could be overlooked, but this one was not only white, but it was trimmed with a frilly lace, something that couples would use more for those intimate meetings rather than seriously cooking.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 02-28-2014, 02:12 PM

When Shadow avoided him, Reino could only wonder just what was going on. Was she playing hard to get? Was she going back on everything she confessed last night? Or was she mad at him for not giving her some sort of sign last night? Sure, he would admit that it was awfully cold of him to ignore her like that, but Reino was still "butt hurt" about his dad stealing his thunder. Ideally, he wanted to confess to Shadow that she was all he could think about while he was under the knife. Naturally, that dream of his involved kitties and, admittedly, nudity. But who could blame the guy? In the back of his mind, he figured he wouldn't make it. As a dying man, he wanted to go out with one last vision of the woman he never got to love. Not to mention, his head turned away to avoid the thought of the raven. No. Perhaps she knew more than she lead on. Maybe she read the files. Did the files even list such gruesome details? Perhaps it was best that they part. The love he had could easily be suppressed. Not to mention, they were at war with beings from another planet. His life (and hers) were constantly on the line. Love would only interfere. Reino could only imagine what would have happened had Hime, Sycom, and Shadow been in danger. Would he abandon his leaders for the woman he loves? Or would he let the woman that got away die, thus destroying any hopes of being with her.

Regaining his resolution, Reino decided it might be best just to take an indifferent approach to this whole scenario. If she wanted him, she would come to him. There would be no pursuit on his end, mainly to prevent a broken heart.

The change of pace from Hime was refreshing. "That's the thing about pests. No matter how hard you try to squish them, they always come back." Looking up at Hime, he offered her a half-smile. One could tell that he was still fatigued and in no condition to fight, but at least he was alive and seemingly well. "But you owe me nothing. If anything, I should be thanking you for allowing my insubordination to run a muck. Sometimes it is hard to remember that I'm not longer an agent and therefore not calling the shots. I apologize for causing harm to the team and," he sighed while wincing, "sustaining injuries that will remove me from play for a bit." Glancing over at 009, he frowned again. "Sadly, you've no Identifier and I've already been told that I will be forced on the field for I have the best detection. Afraid I'll be nothing but a liability, should duty call sooner rather than later."

"Stop talking like that Reino." His ears flickered. "You're no liability. As I told you this morning, you will be assigned to me. I will be joining Hime's team and you will be under my watch. After hours, I will be working with you to prepare your body for the next stage of war and power." Retiring his spatula for a moment, he took this moment to address Hime. "Months ago, Reino was tested for compatibility. With his new artificial organs, his body will no longer reject the drug. He, like me, is able to consume the god-pill, GP." His claws bent as they pressed into the hard marble finish of the counter. "The rest of your team will slowly be phased out, one by one, for body augments." It was pretty obvious that he was up there in the ranks, knowing too much to not be a member of the elite round table. "Animal or machine enhancements are an option, but I recommend everyone go in for gene modifications." Reaching up to his ears, his nostrils flailed before his voice changed to a more threatening tone. "Either route and the changes are permanent. Just remember, there is a life outside the SFA. So if you opt for what Reino and I have you'll..." He didn't need to finish. It was pretty clear what he meant. 009 was warning all of the horrors of being a freak and being ostracized by the people. Outer enhancements lead to hatred. Inner changes were safer, less risky -- and less likely to cause public alarm.

Moving from behind the stove to Hime, the man stuck out his hand to give her tiny hand a firm shake. "Allow me to properly introduce myself. I am Assistant Ashes and Lead for the S.OT.F. known as 009." He could see something pulsate in her eyes. "Arson is my crime. And sadly, my records are sealed. Not even you are high enough in the ranks to read its contents. All you need to know is that unlike these men and women, I picked the life to save the face of something much bigger than all of us. You have nothing to worry about. I have obedience training and will not harm you nor your assistants. Just think of me as your perfectly trained soldier who's capable of anything with the popping of a pill."

009, or Ashes, moved back to the stove and finished off a few more rounds of food. "Oh, and I love lace and frilly things. I think it's part of my cat gene enhancements. Can't be helped, sadly. And I apologize if you catch me purring, licking myself, or sun bathing. All habits I have recently picked up."

Last edited by Xavirne; 02-28-2014 at 02:23 PM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-28-2014, 05:35 PM

He closed his eyes, blocking out the sound of the others within the room with him. None of them seemed to be interested in him, or even notice that he was there. That was fine with him for the moment. He was more focused on the link between Berserker and him. It was beginning to stabilize more, and for that, he was thankful. The other seemed to be a bit off though, even now, he could feel the shift within him. What was going on with him? Did it have something to do with how he would not tell him the events of the fight? Relax.. The voice within his head almost made him jump. He sighed, there really was no hiding his thoughts from someone who was inside his head like this.

You are fine, as am I. Isn’t that merely enough for now? Kanra opened his eyes, raising an eyebrow. Did you really just say that? You never say things like that. Berserker laughed a bit, So what, there is a first time for everything. As it stands, nothing is happening at the moment, so you should take the time to relax before things do heat up. He folded his arms on the table, laying his head down upon them with a light frown. What is going to happen to us? He asked. If they have this thing now..that can stop our link…what happens if they decide to use it…permanently.

I will never let them Berserker said, in a slightly darker tone. To think of it really, Berserker was the main thing making him who he was at the moment. It had taken losing him for one simple night, to show Kanra that without him now after so long, he was nothing. He lifted a hand lazily, brushing a few strands of hair from his eyes. He did not know who he was to put it bluntly. He had been under his father’s command and leadership for his entire youth. When he hit teenage years, he killed that scumbag, and ended up being carted away. In prison, and within here, he was typically told what he could and could not do. What he had and did not and so on. He had never been fully in control of his own will and destiny ever within his life.

Berserker was the one person he trusted to be his rock, to push him on and lead him. Without him being there, he was left alone within the mass of this hell that sought only to consume. He failed to feel his anger rising a bit, which was beginning to lighten his eyes, and pull out a little bit of Berserker. He slipped his other hand over, without even a thought, picking up a napkin holder that sat upon the table. Without even realizing it, it was soon flying across the room, before it smashed into the wall. Napkins flew all over the floor. Kanra was standing, as soon as the holder made contact, it snapped him out of it a bit and he blinked. He turned a bit red, suddenly feeling a wave of embarrassment flow over him. “S-sorry..” he said, moving over slowly. He knelt down, to clean up the mess. Smooth…Berserker said within his head. Shut up. He sighed.

Midorikawa
Um....................... .........

Old 02-28-2014, 06:13 PM

Mozilla looked up as Hime entered. At least one of the women was prepared for any upcoming battle. He listened in on her and Reese's conversation. Judging by his tone, and how it was before the accident, the other man was definitely feeling much better. Which was good and a relief. He likewise decided to eavesdrop on her conversation with the cat man now known as 009. Something was familiar about the number thing, but he couldn't quite place it. Didn't matter. Nor did his frilly apron, actually Mozilla saw no issue with a man wearing an apron like that. Maybe that was just him though. He could oddly enough imagine Vlad in one. Maybe one that said something about mother's on it since according to Remy, Vlad was a mother.

But in the end none of that mattered. What mattered was the talk of enhancements. They were only talking about Hime's team at that moment, but then again why wouldn't it be just her? The leader of Team A was non existent with all the changes, and they had yet to meet whoever would be Sycom's replacement. And of course they wouldn't tell the criminals anything. Still the enhancements bothered him. He jumped if only slightly at Discord throwing the napkins. Okay...that was strange. He watched as he apologized and started picking them up. He thought about helping him, but had other concerns on his mind. "...What are these...enhancements you're talking about...?" he asked 009.

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 02-28-2014, 06:51 PM

Volkov nodded as Ashes brought up the animal gene modification. She and Sai were leading that research it seemed. Hearing Mozilla ask about it, she wiped her mouth and looked up. "I and Agent Sai are leading the research of the animal gene fusion. For quite some time we have known that being, only human, with minor perks has a higher chance of failor then success. The lab here was working on adding more strength to the previous human gene with more human, just making you have enhanced normal abilities. What we now realize, is that is not enough. Even with our best teams forward, we need an edge. Gene splicing and mechanizing are the two best ways, as well as gaining new weapons that are also being currently worked on." she explained and then sighed. Taking a sip of her morning caffene she looked to Reino. "I personally have made and enhanced every part that is keeping Reino alive, they are top of the line, and will give him many perks to his obvious enhancements. Mechanizing is a bit more difficult then gene splicing, though either way, the benefits out way the costs in all terms. I made sure of that last night. But that is the direction the agency is heading it. We need to win more of these battles, with less casualties, and more monsters dead." she summed up and offered a smile to Reino.

Scar purred as he looked up at the man, and then trotted over to Volkov. Petting his head lovingly, she tried to keep herself from making too much contact with Reino as of now. Later she would like to speak with him alone, to run over what happened, and that she would personally assist him in figuring out this new body. She would also make any other enhancements if he so wanted, that's just who she was. She was there to help people, though, he was different. Out of anyone there, he was much more, different. She couldn't put the word on it. But he was the only one she felt that she would easily help without a second thought. Maybe there was something more... Maybe she was developing feelings? No. How crazy. She had promised and swore to herself to forever remain professional. There wasn't time for silly infatuations.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 02-28-2014, 07:15 PM

"I'm not sure if it's really my place to talk about them but I do know a tad bit more about them than Sycom. I know Sai and Volkov checked the labs out yesterday, but having spent many years in the labs being poked and prodded, I still think I'm more adept to talking about the situation." Not everyone had gathered yet, but they would soon learn more about it with time. For now, he would address the ones before him. Only, when he went to speak, he was cut off by the new head of the SFA. Snapping to attention, he saluted the redhead as he weakly moved into the room.

Sycom had a rather stressful night. He found himself fighting many demons and constantly in a cold sweat. Thankfully, when he awoke he was no longer burning up with a 101 degree Fahrenheit fever. Still, his body ached and he could tell he was in desperate need of medical attention. He needed nutrients forced into his body. Perhaps he would do so later? Spying the beautiful Vex at his side, the redhead could only smile. At least he had one person who cared. Reaching out his hands, he cupped her porcelain face in his hands. Nose rubbing hers as he gently tried to wake her from her sleep, he cooed lightly to her. "I knew it was more than a crush." Lips tickling her forehead, he glided his hands down her face and across her shoulders. Pulling her into his personal space, those radiant shimmering eyes came into full view for her. Being the first to really see his eyes, Vex would notice that there were small flecks of black in a sea of jade and gold. If she stared into those mesmerizing eyes for more than a few seconds, she would watch them change as if by magic. The once golden-green colors soon faded to a smaller region and a dark black circle surrounded the color. Pupils growing larger with each second, his lips would move in closer to her own precious pair. Lips brushing up against one another as soft as a butterfly's touch, Sycom's head started to tilt into her. Just moments from a kiss, the sound of stirring agents and criminals forced him back. Eyes losing their darker aura, the redhead reached for his glasses and hide away those tempting eyes. Not saying a word, he left the room.

The walk to the kitchen was a tad painful, but he did it. Soon, he was catching the tail end of Ashes' comments, which were followed up by Mozilla's questions and Volkov's wise observations and statements on the animal side of the modifications. Just as Ashes went to speak, Sycom's voice came from behind the unsuspecting crew. He almost wondered if Discord's dropping of the napkins was caused by his sudden presence, but assumed that it was just coincidental.

"You all need to be tested to see if you're even compatible. Not everyone is. Reino failed the animal enhancements. To date, only Ashes has succeeded. Reino's one of four who have a machine body. Granted... he's the only one that's still alive." His voice was doing its best to be strong and firm, but his fever was coming back. Body wavering, he felt gravity beckoning him. Losing balance, his body made it's way toward the hard floor before.

Darkness surrounded him. Was he out cold again? No. He could hear people. Flitting his eyes open, he saw what looked like two large paws wrapped around him. Turning over his shoulder, he spied the cheeky Remy using his Purium to stabilize the SFA leader.

"Sy-Sy, yer too weak ta stand on yer own. You should steal Broeino's wheelie-chair." Moving closer to the redhead, Remy's arms started to shrink back to their usual length. "At least get a walker! Or a cane. I hear the ladies love da canes." Escorting Sycom to the edge of the couch, the boy vanished down the hallway, probably seeking out that cane or something.

"As I was saying. You'll each be tested for compatibility. If you don't sync, you will stay as you are. If you do, you will decide whether or not you want the mods." At this point, Sycom's face was as white as a ghost and his lips were a deep red in color, much like his cheeks. "I trust you'll all handle your own limits. Just remember, you can't undo anything. And, as promised, if you can save the world from these monsters, you will be allowed to leave here and start up a new life." Huffing and puffing now, his head slowly started to dip toward the floor. He would have toppled over had Reino not dove across the couch to latch his hand around Sycom's waist.

Gritting his teeth at the sharp pain, Reino released his grip only when Volkov was able to walk the redhead to a chair. "You look like shit, Sycom."

"At least I still have a heart."

Jaw ajar, the raven pushed himself back up on the couch and found himself at a loss for words. Had Sycom really just... said that? Even if he was sick, it didn't justify the leader of the SFA to be a dick. Eyes diverting away from everyone, he sat in silence as Ashes called in a medical squad to tend to Sycom's needs. When the redhead was finally gone, he hissed. "I should have let that bastard die."

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 03-01-2014, 01:15 AM

Volkov looked up at Sycom came into the room. She listened to his words and moved swiftly as he seemed to black out in slow motion again. Suddenly, though, the child Remy's arms grew into paws, catching the male and placing him on the couch. A bit surprised at the power from the young child, she nodded and sent him a slight smile. Though before she could speak, he was off. She figured the little one was off to find the male a cane or wheel chair. Though as she was about to speak again, the male nearly blacked out again. Moving swiftly, Reino just beat her to his side, and she looked at them both with eyes full of concern. She had the medical team called in, and then recoiled from the director when he spoke. That very heart, that he spoke of, was something she held a very sentamental vaule to. Being so cold as to speak to the criminal in such a way had her on alert. That was not normal, or even close to being characteristic for Sycom. Things were changing swiftly in agency for them, and she wasn't sure how to take all of it.

Grabbing Reino's arm she then looked him over seriously, realizing it might be embarrassing she pulled him from the room. Without a word she opened his button up shirt and lightly tapped the areas in which his flesh was connected making sure there were no tares or injuries caused by sudden action. Looking up at him as she brushed a fuzzy off of his bandages, she took a step back to give him space. "Sorry, just be careful. You are fused, but it could pull apart from itself if you move so suddenly like that." she said with concern and then brushed her hair behind her ear. "And Sycom's words are false. You have a heart. It was Scar's original heart that was inside him ever since I made him. It is actually, my heart." she breathed and a slight blush came to her features. "Originally I had to have a heart transplant when I was younger because it couldn't support me. I kept it as a suvinior and went I went to create Scar, I used it to mold the mecha heart. It's still inside the mecha one, so if the machinery ever fails, the real heart will start up and keep you alive. It has a rose engraved on it, in symbolization of my first pet, rose, my cat. She was the reason the rescuers found me, because she knew my scent. So you do have a heart. I thought I would tell you." She explained and ran a hand through her hair as she looked at him. She figured she should let it sink in before she moved on to speak more.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 03-04-2014, 01:24 AM

Hime dismissed Reino's comment, though she did partially agree that his trying to lead the group could have avoided much of the situation, it wasn't exactly a good time to bring something like that up. In her mind she figured that this would be a good way for many of her team to realize that if they follow what she said, they would come out much better and with less people having to be put under strong medications. It wasn't that her plans were fool proof, or that people never got hurt when they followed them, but the woman would not be in such a position at her age if her plans were faulty. Even now, granted, it was due to the advances of the company, Hime's record was still clean of death, though she would not be one to say such a thing because Reino had come too close to dying.

She planned on training her squad again, to really ingrain into them that she was the leader; she was going to be far more ruthless with them in upcoming practice sessions than she had been since becoming acquainted with them. Hime was partly lost in thought as Ashes began talking about joining her squad. Grabbing an empty glass, she poured herself some prune juice, a flavor she actually was partial to, before her eyes met his again. She wasn't sure how she felt about this unknown man being brought to her team and he seemed to pick up on that and quickly began speaking on the matter; it was something that not only caught the woman off guard, but she appreciated as it meant he was adept to read a situation, hopefully it transferred to the battlefield.

She took a slow drink of the juice as he went on about his records were secret. Hime was quiet as she merely looked at the narrow faced man, her brain gears turning sluggishly after the lack of sleep and the sheer amount of data she had to process. Not only was Reino alive, but him and Ashes had augmentations, which was interesting enough. On top of that, Ashes was going to be part of her team for a time being and everyone was going to be put through this process which was something that she was not sure how she felt about. For as long as she had been with SFA, teams did fine without these alterations and now they were deemed as needed. She set her glass down and looked about the room, worrying her lower lip slightly as her brow furrowed; these changes could really affect people should they ever be introduced back to the real world, which was highly unlikely.

"As long as you cooperate on the battlefield I'm sure we will get along swimmingly," Hime said with a half hearted smile before making her way towards a table. Berserker was standing near her chosen destination. Just as she set her nearly empty plate and glass down was when the pale haired male seemed to snap. The rest of the those around her, their conversations were none of her business at that point; she had worked with Kanra in the past and at this point her concern was for the younger male. "How are you doing Kanra?" She asked candidly as she knelt down and helped him pick up the remaining napkins on the floor. "Are you and Berserker doing well?"

Out of those in the room, this male held the closest tie to the short blonde woman, which was probably why she had actually decided to help him versus just sitting to eat as she probably would have done with anyone else. Perhaps it was the situation too; the recent fight leaving everyone vulnerable, she could have been reaching out to that tie to make sure that it still existed and to strengthen it some more. She was not sure, nor was she bothered by this fact as there was nothing wrong with her actions, though they were out of place for her.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 03-04-2014, 01:56 PM

Kanra was not too surprised when most in the room decided to bluntly ignore him. He was used to being in the shadows and easily over looked. It was only when Berserker was in fact in control, that most bothered to pay attention. A threat to your possible wellbeing was funny like that. He sighed lightly, though his body gave a slight tense as the female moved to help him. He did not have to look at her to know who she was. They were familiar with each other on more than one term.

She asked him as she helped pick up the spilled napkins how he was, and then how Berserker was. This caused the other to scoff slightly within his head, and for him to give a slight glare upwards, that might have seemed like he was glaring for a moment at the ceiling. He shook his head, before he continued to clean up. He chose his words carefully, no need to make a fuss about himself right? Others were hurt worse than he, even for his involvement in the fight. It was one of the plus with Berserker. Though his body was still sore and strained.

He was recovering from his own wounds, and his mental state at the moment was…less than perfect, even for him. “I…” he really did not have an honest answer, but he needed to say something. “We…are fine” he says, though this made Berserker scoff once more, clearly more aggravated today than others. He sighed, wondering if anyone knew or would care if they knew about the drug that had been used upon him. His hand paused upon the holder to the napkins, as he looked at his reflection within. Man a few short days had seemed to kick his ass so far, he would need to do some work if he was going to heal more than simply his wounds.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 03-05-2014, 06:44 AM

In her sleep she could feel a warm and familiar touch on her cheeks. Something tickling her nose caused her eye lashes to flutter before finally slowly opening her lavender eyes. The Sycom’s words were soft and at first she wondered if maybe she was still dreaming as she looked at the man before her. Vex let him pull her into his personal space. His eyes were beautiful and mesmerizing. She had never seen eyes like his. Just staring into them she almost felt like she could get lost within them. Her eyes closed as he was about to kiss her. The sounds of waking agents and criminals pulled the man away. After hearing the door close the hand she had reached out towards him fell to her lap, her head hanging. It surprised her when she could feel tears come to her eyes, yet none sled down her pale cheeks. Once more she closed her eyes, breathing a few choice names for Sycom and herself.

Vex took a few clamming breathes to help keep her threat level under control. She composed herself before exiting the room. It would probably have been better for the silver haired woman to have waited a bit longer before going to join the others for breakfast. She entered the room just in time to hear Sycom’s words to Reino. Her lavender eyes shot to Sycom, the look in them was cold. The woman couldn’t believe what he had said. Maybe she had been wrong about the redhead and her feelings misplaced.

After Sycom had been removed by the medical team she continued on her way to get food. Once in the kitchen she grabbed a plate and placed a waffle with some maple syrup, sausage and fruit on it. She also poured herself a glass of milk to drink. Spotting Shadow of in the corner she decided to join the younger woman. “Morning,” was all that she said since at this point the good part of it had been ruined. She took a seat opposite Shadow.

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 03-06-2014, 03:19 AM

Vlad, who had silently been sitting a ways from the commotion, watched Reino and Sycom with a passive expression. If one looked hard enough, they could see the satisfied glint in his teal eyes. While Vlad wasn't happy that Reino had survived, he certainly found satisfaction in the way the new leader of the SFA and Reino fought.

The male turned his attention to the food that 009 had been preparing. 009, or Ashes, had done a wonderful job ... which was mildly surprising to Vlad. He hadn't known that males cooked much. Granted, their food was usually pre-prepared for them, and served by who knows who....

Glancing up, the dark-haired male held Ashes' gaze for a moment before taking a plate of his own. He said nothing, which was customary. No "thank you," or "shove off," or anything that even required more than a mere look. Vlad took his plate of fruit and waffles toward a spot a ways down from the others, not wanting to be anywhere near Vex or Shadow. Still, his gaze darted to the time-changer unwillingly. It was difficult to ignore her, as her threat level usually rose when Vlad made his presence known. Such was the result of a terrible past meeting.

As he ate, Vlad took his time in tasting the different energies around him. The heat from the stove was slow, and ebbing. The anger and disappointment from everyone around Reino and Sycom was delicious and tantalizing. Higher threat levels and emotion drew Vlad's attention, and his Purium-glowing eyes moved from one individual to the next as though searching for the one with the highest amount of emotion. It wouldn't have been difficult if nearly everyone in the room hadn't been a criminal.

Content to finish his breakfast and continue pulling the warmth from the air about him, Vlad listened to the events around him. His hate-filled glance toward Reino was blatantly obvious, but at least he didn't full on glare.
-

Sai navigated through the halls using his sense of smell more than anything else. Funny how your other senses picked up for your supposed lack of one. Though he was blind, the agent could move as though he could see - and still had adept senses.

The blindfolded male frowned to himself as he heard a voice - Sycom's - blurting out something completely insensitive. Sai paused, waiting outside the door until he heard the medical team usher the SFA leader out into the hall. "It's harder to rebuild trust than it is to break it," Sai said just loud enough for Sycom to hear. He wasn't really sure if the redhead had heard him, but he could only hope.

Sai stood for a few moments, waiting for the kitchen to return to a nice murmur before entering. It smelled like heaven. He was starving, honestly. The silver-haired agent turned his head, listening to the voices about him. He accounted for most of the two teams, including Volkov and Hime.

Hand trailing over nearby objects out of habit, Sai moved toward the counter. "Smells good," he said to Ashes, sending a slight smile in the male's direction. As he gathered food onto the plate, Sai felt a frown tugging at his brow. "You're the one fused with animal DNA, aren't you?" He could see it. The aura of this one ... it was bright. So bright, it was like staring directly at a light whenever Sai tried to observe him.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 03-08-2014, 04:02 PM

Still silent Shadow concentrated on eating her breakfast. Her mind was still blank, not wanting to feel anything or think about anything. Every time someone walked in her eyes would raise from her plate and then lower back down. She was hoping for Vex to come soon so they could talk. Vex was the only person she could talk to.

Ears fine tuned, Shadow listened to all the talk. Information was everything around here. It was interesting to know that she as well might be getting enhancements. She was going to have to think about that long and hard. When Sycom spoke her eyes rested on him. So they really had a chance of a life out of here if they defeated the beasts. Shadow couldn't help but look to Reino, her face briefly showing longing before it was wiped away. She lowered her gaze once more and pushed her plate away. Her mind went to Reino's file she took. Last night she had been exhausted and hadn't read any of it. Today she needed to comb through it.

Two seconds later though her gaze snapped up when someone started to fall. Seeing Sycom was the one she could tell the man was sick and needed some rest. But any concern was quickly wiped away with his snide remark to Reino about his heart. Fury crept up into her eyes and she had to grip the table in order to not kill him. Her threat levels raised to a dangerous place as she looked at Reino and heard his words. He should have let the bastard die.

Taking a few deep breaths she calmed her pulse and her levels fell back down to their normal level. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Volkov pulling Reino from the room and jealously started churning through her. What happened to being numb? she thought to herself.

When Vex walked over to her table Shadow couldn't help but feel relieved. After she sat down Shadow looked to her new friend, sadness in her eyes. "Morning," she said very quietly. "I need your advice Vex," it was said just as quietly. Her soft tone was filled with emotions though only her eyes showed the emotions, not her face. "I'm scared. Scared of how I feel about Reino, scared of just being scared. He wouldn't even look at me when I came in. I don't know what to do..."

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 03-11-2014, 04:11 PM

For being an agent who claimed to hate his kind, Volkov sure seemed to step to the plate on his behalf one too many times. It was oddly refreshing though and it was actually something he was beginning to enjoy. So they didn't always see eye-to-eye, but they were close enough to understand the pain of the other. It probably helped that they shared a love of cats, too. She also had the loving, enduring side to her -- the kind that wouldn't just let someone die. She was a natural born healer and would, without a doubt, make a fantastic mother one day. Just thinking about Volkov in that light brought a sparkle to his yellow orbs. It was so nice to see someone like her, someone who could really find her heart in a place of darkness and corruption. If Reino's mother was still alive, he could easily see these two getting along. Hell, his mother would beg for him to marry her for she was a sucker for women who shared her medical profession.

As Volkov whisked him away to have a more private conversation, Reino found himself needing even more privacy. He could feel eyes on him and a cold nip at his neck. Vlad was clearly up to no good and would probably start eavesdropping, if he cared to pick up any finer details. Not wanting to give anyone that upper hand, the raven led the pale haired woman further down the hallway. Now out of sight of the others, the golden eyed murderer smiled. And then, it happened.

When he finally realized what it was, he didn't really know how to handle it all. Pulling back, a flush came to his cheeks, the first sign of color since before he went under for surgery. Lip still quivering from the contact it made with Volkov, he stared into the void behind him. The awkward silence started to cause his ears to ring.

Why had he kissed her? It was the only question he kept asking himself. It wasn't anything long and drawn out, but it was definitely a full-on kiss. It was fast enough to avoid a slap to the face, but it was slow enough to enjoy. Was this his was of coping with Shadow? By flirting and showing interest in another woman? It didn't seem hard to believe. Volkov was equally beautiful and, unlike Shadow, this Russian woman had more involvement with him. She literally saved his life. She shared her heart with him. And Scar. Oh god! Reino's eyes dared to not look down at the robotic cat for the fear of death crossed his mind. Boy did he really blow it. He would be dead within seconds. And yet, he didn't seem to grieve over this thought. If anything, he could embrace it for what ran thought his mind was no longer "why" but "how does she feel, did she enjoy it."

As if he double-dog-dared himself to do it, he shot the woman a suggestive glance. Mouth pursed and a look of seductive charm lingering in his eyes, he playfully and bashfully found himself biting his lip before pulling his eyes off her. Ugh, it felt so good to be this bad. And he didn't really care what happened from here. Truthfully, though, he wished she would come onto him and force another kiss. As far as he was concerned, Shadow was yesterday's lust. Today was all about Volkov, the sexy, Russian cat lady.

Reino is naughty. D: And a playa.

Sycom felt such rage in his body. He didn't really know why, but he hated Reino. There was something about the man that really irked him. Perhaps it was that he had saved his life. Maybe Sycom really wanted to die a noble death and Reino prevented such a thing. Still, his entire body shook as the medical team carried him off. It didn't last long though for within no time he was drugged. Medicine was forced into his body and he would be better by the end of the day. Within the hour, he would be feeling better. For now, though, he needed to rest but his mind was going over data and facts. He had much to do and not enough time.

"Inform Division One that they need to begin use of the Training Dome. They've much to learn and not enough time. We've bought them about one day's worth of time before we'll have another breaching and need to active them to the field."

A small head nodded and the note was folded into his paws. "Whateva you say, bossman." Bouncing away, Remy soon found himself in the very hallway where Reino and Volkov exchanged a kiss. Brow cocked, the cheeky boy thought nothing of it for now as he was on a mission to deliver this note. Hime-sama needed it ASAP!

"Hime-sama, commander SySy leaves this to you and Sai. He wants chu ta mobilize da troops 'n assemble dem in da Battle Dome. I assume yer ta work on controlling dem." He offered him a smile before wandering over to Ashes. "I can has cheezeburger for noms?"

"Maybe for lunch but not for breakfast," the cat man said while patting the boy some. Turning to Sai, Ashes purred. "And yes, I'm Ashes the man fused with a cat and the only one who's been able to control the surge of the god-pill." His finger ran up to his lip and tapped it lightly. "You know, you look really familiar. I can't quite put my paws on it, but I'm sure I'll think of it. For some odd reason, a game of hide-and-go-seek comes to mind. And I remember someone yelling, "Don't you dare hide those cookies again, boys!" No idea why, but that's what I think when I see you."

"I like cookies." Remy batted his lashes before weaving his way around the room to Vex and Shadow. "They said SySy has a bacterial infection brought on by a parasite he came in contact with. They have him on drugs right now and when he's sound asleep, they're going to go in and zap the bugs so they can't grow back and get the rest of us sick. Apparently, these bugs make people hallucinate and say things they normally wouldn't. They call 'm "Changers." It was odd how his English magically got better, but it wasn't too hard to believe as the boy was repeating everything from what he heard the doctor say. "He'll be all fixded come tomorra!"

"Heh, that's odd that a "Changer" would latch onto a human. Usually they only infect animals or the beasts they ride in on. Maybe they've evolved to a human level now. If so, we'll need to wear protective gear." Ashes scratched his ears. "Full-body tight suits is the best way to keep the bugs out of our systems."

Back in the kitchen, Ashes began cleaning up his mess. "When do you want us to report to the dome, ma'am? Immediately, or would you be okay with us changing and showering?" His nose wiggled as he pretended to sniff himself. "I could really use a bath."

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene

Last edited by Xavirne; 03-11-2014 at 04:32 PM..

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 03-11-2014, 08:13 PM

Reino seemed to take everything in quite well, luckily. Volkov was grateful that he seemed to easily accept her explination, though what happened next made her own heart stop. He leaned forwards, and she thought he was going to tell her something in a hushed tone, so she too had leaned forward. Suddenly it turned into a full on kiss. Her pink lips pressed to his, her eyes full of shock. A feeling jolted through her body, making her cheeks light up with a blush. When he pulled away, she met his eyes with her own. Normally she would have questions flying through her head, and be demanding answers, but her thoughts just stopped. The only thing that lingered was the sensation of the sweet moment. Seeing such a look, surprise rang through Volkov's core. Had she been so concentrated on saving Reino that she had not realized she was coming to have affections for him? That seemed to be the case. Looking up into the face of the male again, she stepped closer reaching out hesitantly to cup his cheek. No words came to her lips, just a warm and inviting smile. Maybe it was okay to accept these affections? Leaning in she kissed him again, longer and this time she had the chance to kiss back. A warning in her head reminded her that this action was forbidden. I don't care. Her thoughts rang out louder. For once, she was doing something on an emotional impulse, and it felt so good, it couldn't be wrong, could it? Reino was brave and sweet, strong and he saw something in her that no one else seemed to see. Her emotions. He brought them out so well, she couldn't help but show them to him.

Scar watched things unfold, tilting his head in question a bit at first, but purred sensing his maker's happiness. He liked Reino. He was a good man. Strong, and he liked cats. He seemed to really care about Volkov and find interest in her. Scar was happy as long as she was happy, and having a new friend had its perks, like belly rubs. Ah, those would be awesome. Oh, and playing! The tiger really liked to play. He would be able to jump on Reino and not have to worry about his health, he was strong. He would have to try that sometime. Though he then thought to the criminal on the helicopter with them when saving Reino. Shadow? Didn't she like Reino? Calculations went off in the cat's brain, as his tail swished back and forth. Yes, he was pretty sure that Shadow had feelings for Reino, but it looked like Reino liked Volkov better. Though he foresaw problems with such a thing, he looked up and saw the happiness in his master's eyes and knew he would fight for her, like he always did. No matter what the cost.

Volkov pulled away when her lungs needed air, opening her eyes as she did. Blushing deeply as she brushed her purple hair behind her ear she met Reino's eyes. She hadn't noticed Remy had come by and passed them to talk to the others. Normally she would have, but she had been so lost in the moment, that she didn't. Not knowing what she saw she searched for words, but nothing really came to her mind. "um... wow.." she breathed, finding herself lost for words was definitely a first. Scar then brushed up against her legs, making her smile and look down at him as he purred. Patting his head she then looked up at Reino again. She wondered what was so special about herself that he was so interested in her.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 03-11-2014, 08:46 PM

In all honesty, he was expecting a Purium Blaster to the brain. His brains would be all over the walls by now had that actually happened. But Volkov pulled a 180. She did exactly what he didn't expect and she completely ignored the standing rule of no forms of romance between agents and criminals. Reino didn't know if he should be shocked or thrilled with her actions. As he searched for the right word to describe the moment, he found himself intrigued and turned on, if anything. How had he not fallen for this woman sooner? She was the prime candidate for his affection, even despite her lack of all things feline! She had this prim and proper outside, but this bad girl vibe on the inside. She was the Boston Cream of his dreams. Her chocolate frosting was sweet, loving, and enduring. Her fluffy doughnutty form was smooth and soft, leaving the body at peace and happy. Then there was the rich, creamy filling that was so seductive and mouthwatering.

Had she not kissed him, he probably would have kissed her. Thankfully, when their lips met for the second time, it wasn't fleeting. Her hand pulled his face in and his arms found their way around his womanly form. Pulling her body closer, Reino found himself lost in the kiss. He hadn't even noticed that he was now holding her up with nothing but his hips and stomach. Of course, her legs wrapped around his slender figure and one hand draped across his back and neck now. Volkov's back was against a wall now. One of the raven's hands dropped to ensure Volkov wouldn't slip, so he grabbed her thigh. The other hand was pressing against the wall, as if it was the only way he could keep himself upright.

And then it stopped and he stepped away for a moment to calm his desires. Probably for the best as they both needed to refill their lungs with air from such a steamy kiss. From the grin on her face and that glimmer in her eyes, it looked as if Volkov was pleased with how things were panning out. Perhaps society had forced her to subdue her emotions and it was Reino who allowed them to surface. If that was the case, he looked forward to discovering what else he could drive from the woman.

Just staring at her, he didn't want to stop. The second her attention lifted from Scar to him, Reino shifted his hands below her thighs and hoisted her back in the air. Still weak from the attack, he was forced to use the wall again. Before allowing her lips to meet his, Reino found himself playfully tonguing and kissing her neck. He didn't know how Volkov would feel about him going lower so he moved up to her jaw before making contact with her precious lips again. It was a quick kiss but the smile on his face explained it all. "Why Miss Volkov, it's against the rules to fall in love with a criminal." Tongue gliding over his teeth, that wicked bad boy grin of his appeared again. "I suppose you'll have to punish me later." Nose wrinkling and eyes alive with lust, a small laugh escaped. Then the joy fled from his face and he returned the purple-haired woman to the ground. Hand trailing down her face, he let it linger just along enough to stroke her cheek before leaning into her. "Meet me on the roof at midnight?" His lips tickled her ear and he whispered softly into them.

Hand dropping, Reino felt Scar's smooth head below his hand. "You need to keep this a secret, okay?"

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 03-11-2014, 10:06 PM

What a rush. Finding herself entangled in Reino, and their shared kiss, the Russian woman had found herself wrapping her legs around his hips and pressing herself to his body. It was warm and cool all at the same time, an inviting shock of pain that turned to pleasure. It was the point that she was so slender and Reino found sudden strength that she was held up against the wall. Her hair had created a curtain around them, as they shared such firey passion. Never before had she accepted the female desires inside, and let her inner fox play. Something that had been waiting inside her for years, pounced at this chance. Emotion was thrilling, overwhelming, and something that she could really get used to if this was the outcome. When she was let down, she found a grin on her lips, which turned into a seductive smirk as she met his eyes. Her own silver blue orbs glowing with emotion intense, and only for Reino.

That's when he moved again, a rush of movement to find herself pressed against the wall again and held up by her thighs. Pink rushed to her pale cheeks again as a soft husky chuckle escaped her lips. She liked this surprise, the spontaneousness of being with this man. She never had liked not thinking things through, but Reino seemed to change things. The equation was completely changed, and all the variables meant surprising outcomes. Some of which even she could not predict, like this one. Her hand entangled in his hair, as she cradled his head to her neck. Her head leaning back as his kisses trailed down her neck. Such bliss. A sigh escaped her lips and when he pulled away from her neck, she met his lips again. Leaving a light nip on his bottom lip before he pulled away, she met his gaze with a grin and her eyes a blaze with emotion.

Seeing that bad boy grin, brought her own bad girl grin to her face. Chuckling at his words, she smirked at the second sentence as he laughed. "I may have to..." she said, a hint of seductive implications in the undertones of her words. When his hand touched her pale cheek, she found she naturally leaned into that touch, until it faded away. Her smile slowly disappeared, until the soft words were spoken again her ear, causing a soft shiver to ride down her spine. "Call it a date." she breathed, a wink from her eye as Scar brushed up against the male. Meeting his eyes, the tiger nodded and purred.

Running a hand through her hair, and straightening her jacket, Volkov moved to burry those emotions once again. No one could know about this. Especially not Shadow. The other criminal already hated her, this would surely make her want to rip her to pieces. Reaching forward, the woman stepped closer for a second and buttoned up the shirt of the male to where it was before. "Don't over do anything, you silly boy." she said, her seductiveness coming through, as she gave him a playful push on the head. Raising her head to its usual height, and straightening, she once again went into her usual mask of calculations. Scar purred and rubbed against Reino's legs before trotting to Volkov's side and licking her hand. The woman smiled slightly, and glanced back, before disappearing into the breakfast area again.

Walking over to her spot, she sat down and resumed eating as if nothing happened. Hearing Remy's explanation and Ashes's question on the matter of changing, she didn't need to. She always wore her body suit under everything, except the dress she wore to the talk Sycom gave as the new director. Scar sat next to her, and she handed him a strawberry that he happily ate. She could keep this secret, especially when she knew that it put her in danger. Though she was sure that they could keep this under wraps. No one would figure it out, she would make sure of it.

((So I found the perfect song for these two, you have to listen to it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezOZvSyBh4M ))

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 03-12-2014, 04:06 AM

"The Battle Dome," Sai muttered under his breath, nodding slowly. That was a good place to really get a grasp on the auras of the criminals and be able to tell them apart more efficiently. Besides, it would be nice to scope out their abilities without needing to have someone read files to him. It was irritating being blind.

The silver-haired male's attention was pulled away from Remy when Ashes spoke up. "Ah, the one who can survive the god pill." Sai smiled a bit, and finished filling his plate. "Quite the accomplishment. One you'll never live down." He avoided looking directly at the criminal, as his brilliant green aura was far too bright to withstand. That was new. Perhaps it was because of his recent consumption of the god pill? Sai made a mental note to ask Sycom about it later.

"Familiar?"
The agent shook his head. "I don't see how that's likely." Then Ashes brought up an experience from his past. Hardly containing the look of surprise, Sai took his plate toward the table. "What a coincidence. I recall a similar experience from when I was young."

Hide-and-go-seek. He'd only played such games with the one other boy in the building. Luke had been older than him, but Sai had enjoyed his company. That, of course, was before he'd been adopted into the SFA. Long, long before, really. He'd been such a small boy....

Sai slowly lifted a bite to his lips, listening to the bits about "Changers," but hardly hearing. Perhaps it was common for children to play such games. It was, wasn't it? Ashes was just bringing up something that looked childish about him, perhaps. Sai pulled his attention back to the present when Ashes asked Hime when they should report to the Dome. It was an excellent question....
-

From where he sat, Vlad looked mildly irritated with Remy's appearance. Apparently, he still didn't like the boy. Even now, his Purium crystal was glowing beneath the light shirt he was wearing. Irritating child.

Vlad finished his food, and took great pains in ignoring the strange bits of energy he could sense from the hall. It faded, as though its owner had moved. Reino and Volkov, he supposed.

Teal eyes slowly shifted over Shadow and Vex, and then stopped on Sai. Watching for a few moments, Vlad was tempted to push the new agent to see how he would react. But in a room full of people? Perhaps it wasn't the best idea. But in the Battle Dome.... A slight smile teased at his lips, and Vlad let his gaze return to scanning the others.

When Volkov sat at the table a few seats away from him, Vlad's glowing eyes lingered on her. The energy was different. It was ... tainted. The criminal tilted his head slightly as though to question it. He looked over Volkov slowly, unsure of what had changed her usual flow of energy. There was a moment where he found himself staring (Vlad never was one for feeling awkward when committing an act of social disgrace). Vlad blinked slowly. Something was different.

Last edited by Esmme; 03-12-2014 at 04:09 AM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 03-13-2014, 01:42 PM

Happy smiling as Volkov left, Reino found himself glowing with delight. She had accepted his invitation. A sigh of relief slipped from his mouth, which caused him not to notice someone approaching from behind. When a finger tapped his shoulder, he nearly jumped from his skin. Whirling around, gold orbs fell on a petite nurse who was pushing a...

A WHEELCHAIR?!

Why the hell was there a wheelchair. Blinking from nurse to chair, he stepped back with a cocked brow. "Ummm, you looking for Sycom?" There was no logical explanation as to why she was here. But she looked new. Maybe she got lost?

"You're Reino, right?"

"Depends."

"Well this chair is for you. We wouldn't want you to get hurt or anything."

Panged, Reino lost his feet and fell to his rear. Wincing at the pain, he let his gaze fall back on this woman. Was she serious? No, she had to be joking.

"Oh my, good thing I came. You're weaker than you look. Clearly crippled and in need of help!"

Something snapped inside him for the next thing he knew, he was enraged. If he could spew fire like Ashes, he would have burned the whole building down with the anger he was feeling. A large ruckus came from the hall. Seconds later, a wheelchair flew into the living room. Soon after that, a body did too. Controlled footsteps approached and soon Reino was standing in the doorway. Hovering over the cowering nurse, the raven growled. "I dare you to call me crippled one more time." Brows shaping his expression, the enraged man stormed over the woman. Stopping just on the other side of her, he flicked his head back to snort. Seizing the chance to flee, the nurse scurried off down the hallway. "Tch, that's what I thought."

Regaining his composure, he exhaled before dipping his eyes up to meet Shadow's gaze. For a moment, there was an awkward stare between them. No expression crossed his face and his cheeks didn't flush as they usually would. One would equate this to being previously roused by the nurse who dared to offer him a wheelchair. Seconds later, Reino was offering Shadow a smile and sheepishly laughing to himself. "I think I pulled something," he said to no one in particular. Hobbling over to the open spot beside Shadow, he poked the tattooed beauty. "I'm not as limber as I used to be. Mind teaching me yoga?" Face flushing red, he immediately stammered out, "But I refuse to wear those tight-ass pants! I prefer to not sound like a prepubescent boy."

While waiting for Shadow's answer, Reino's head scoped out the faces in the room. Landing on Volkov's, he shot her a quick wink that looked almost like a blink. A smile tugged at his lip, but he had to pretend it belonged to Shadow. As far as he was concerned, everyone thought he and Shadow were a thing. By day, they would have to be. But as soon as darkness feel, he would leave the shadows and find his Russian beauty.

Head falling into the back of the couch, his eyes caught a glimpse of Hime. "What's on the agenda today?" He was far cheekier than usual. Maybe it was a sign of him getting better? Truthfully, it was all Volkov's doing. Thankfully, only Remy and she really know that.

"Your agenda is rest. We cannot have you on the field just yet. Your body still needs to heal. You can stay here and relax. The rest of us will be going to the Battle Dome. Of course, we should probably leave a guard behind. Maybe Volkov and Artemis can take shifts?" A devilish look came into the cat-man's eyes. "We could keep Vlad here, too. I'm sure he wouldn't let you leave."

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 03-14-2014, 12:27 AM

Though Hime's face remained placid, she nodded at the male, his odd reaction nothing new to her. "Fare well," she told him as she took a seat to begin eating her measly breakfast. "We may need Berserker again soon enough." The woman mentally sighed as she knew they would probably be pulled back out into the field sooner than she would want, but that was the life of being apart of SFA; someone had to keep the general public safe after all.

It seemed just as she started eating, a young boy came bounding into the room. She was no stranger to this boy, though she was pretty sure it was the first time she actually interacted with him face to face. Her eyes looked dully at her partial eaten breakfast as she dropped the fork onto her plate. She could eat later, right now her team needed to be whipped into shape and to truly understand what it meant to operate as one unit.

Pushing herself away from the table, Hime could feel the eyes of both teams on her. Agent Sai may have been the leader of one Team A, but she there was a pulling feeling in her brain that told her both teams were going to listen down to the smallest command. It could have been the lack of sleep talking at that point, or the thought of not wanting to go through the most recent turn of events again.

The woman had enough time to turn around to face the group and snap her heels together when a wheelchair came flying into the room, followed by a nurse. Shortly after, the man responsible came in as well and Hime's eyes narrowed dangerously, her hand was already on her blaster but she had no room to fire should Reino make a move that would cause the blast to miss its target. Once the nurse had scattered about and Reino took a seat, his mood completely different than it had been, the woman just grew more irritated and mentally tired.

"No,"
she told Ashes in regards to Volkov or Artemis taking turns to watch the wounded man. "All critical members of Division 1 are to report to the Battle Dome immediately. Do not bother cleaning up before hand because you're going to sweat so much to prove such a thing pointless." Her eyes scanned over the group, hands folded in a very military-like fashion behind her back.

Without moving her head, Hime's eyes locked onto Remy. "Remmington," she said to him, having taken a partial to that version of the name for some reason, her voice holding no room for humor or games. "I want you to find Robert and tell him that we have a patient that requires strict supervision." Her gaze then returned to the rest of the group. Robert, though not a fully well known individual had caught the woman's attention for his strict attention to rules and detail; he did not care for the criminals but took his job as a nurse seriously. If there was anyone that would give Reino a run for his money it would be him.

Brows furrowing, Hime took a deep breath before saying, "You heard me everyone, move out. Make your way to the Battle Dome, on the double!" As the group started leaving, the blonde made her way over to Reino, her hand still on her blaster. Standing before him, she said, "You may have saved my life, but that does not pardon you from punishment for threatening those of SFA or the public. Should it reach my ears that you harm anyone else you will have to deal with me, am I clear?"

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 03-14-2014, 04:10 AM

Vex was feeling somewhat relieved being near Shadow, but that relief was short lived. Her threat level started to raise some due to Vlad’s presence. Why that man had been chosen to be part of Division One she would never understand. Focusing on her new friend sitting in front of her she ignored the male she detested. “And here I was going to be asking for yours,” she chuckled slightly. She listened to Shadow thoughtfully. Really she had little experience in relationships that weren’t just a game. She had never really been one to believe much in that there was a possibility of love in a place like this, but maybe her thinking would change with the help of the woman who sat before her and a few of the others.

“It’s understandable that you would be scared. We all have our insecurities even if we don’t openly show them.” Vex paused as she glanced over at Reino and Volkov, her eyes staying on the man momentarily. “He’s been through a lot. Maybe he has his doubts as well considering the situation we all just came out of.” A soft sigh came from her as she turned her attention back to Shadow. “I’m probably not the best person to be getting this kind of advice from since I don’t have much experience with relationships. Especially ones that last and aren’t just some type of game. Even so, I think the best way to deal with this is directly. If you really have feelings for him and want to explore those feelings let yourself be honest with him. Show him that you meant what you’ve already said to him.” Her gaze lowered, her left hand which rested on her leg clenching slightly. She was still somewhat upset about what happened earlier. “Even if he doesn’t accept your feelings at least you won’t have any regrets right?” It was a little unclear if she was asking the question to Shadow or herself as she spoke. Vex smiled slightly looking once more at her new friend. “You don’t have to take my advice unless you want to.”

Still deep in thought of the conversation she was having with Shadow and trying to make sense of what happened earlier the silver haired woman barely noticed the boy who weaved his way over to the table. When the boy spoke her lavender eyes met with the cheeky lad. Some of what he was saying echoed in her mind. Hallucinate, say things, normally wouldn’t, Changers. The more she heard and the words echoed in her mind the more her threat level started to rise. The raise was gradual, but to those who were attuned to noticing the changes in others threat levels they would notice the change. Her hand resting on her leg was clutched into a fist by the time she managed to control her threat level. You’re a fool Vex. Sycom could never see you as a desirable woman. After all you’re not Daliah. You’re nothing, but a criminal, a killer. Push those silly feelings you had away. You don’t need them, you’ve survived this long without something so far out of reach. You’ll continue to survive just like before. Taking a breath she calmed herself. “That’s good to hear. Thank you for the information,” she gave the Remy a half forced smile. “Also who might you be? I don’t remember seeing you around here before.”

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 03-14-2014, 06:33 PM

So Vex needed her advice also? Something must of happened between her and Sycom. She was going to make sure she found out what and help her friend. Shadow listened intently as Vex spoke. What her friend was saying made sense, a lot of sense.

Shadow could tell that something was wrong with Vex. The two of them were so emotionally messed up, no wonder they were becoming great friends. Vex was right though, she needed to be direct and talk to Reino, tell him exactly how she felt. Opening her mouth to speak, she paused when a boy came up to their table.

Her heart clenched in sadness as she studied him. She and her husband had been talking about finally creating a family together just before he died. Shadow listened to him speak with a small smile on her face. He was absolutely adorable.

Then came a crash.

Head snapping up at the noise and hand shifting to the handle of her sword, Shadow watched a body fly through the air. Two seconds later Reino stalked in. Frowning she let go of her sword and watched the angry man before her. Then he looked up and caught her gaze. There was no emotion on his face and she was still frowning slightly. The stare was..awkward to say the least.

And then he smiled at her. Even then her slight frown wouldn't go away as she watched him walk over to her. She had no clue what was going on today. As he sat down and poked her, her mind was whirling away a thousand miles a minute.

Shaking her head at the yoga comment she finally smiled, just slightly. "Yes, I can teach you yoga." It was said softly as she wasn't sure of herself at the moment. She was used to being detached from everything, use to not feeling a thing. But now her mind and body were feeling and thinking about everything and it was to confusing. Her eyes shifted over to Vex's, eyebrow slightly raised in question to her as Ashes and Hime spoke.

Shadow glanced at Hime as directions were given. She was excited to start training, it was just what she needed. Thankfully she was in her workout clothes. She stayed seated as Hime walked over to them. She could tell the woman was pissed at Reino. Shadow was actually starting to respect the leader in front of her, which didn't happen often. To be honest she was starting to respect Volkov also. How could she not after she saved Reino and did her best to patch up all of them during the fight? If Shadow ever found out that the two of them were getting together it was going to hurt her immensely.

Getting to her feet Shadow gave Hime a short bow of her head. For her people it was a bow of respect. She hadn't ever gave anyone in the SFA that bow before. Shadow wasn't sure if Hime would know what it meant but she didn't care. She waited silently for Vex and Reino to stand up, she would follow after everyone.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 03-14-2014, 07:14 PM

"Not to disobey a direct order but, don't you think it would be better if I came with you? At some point, I will be able to fight again and it might do me well to know how everyone functions and fights? If I get too tired, Robert can walk me back." In the end, it would be Hime's call what happened, but he was really hoping she would agree to this idea. After all, he was her team's Identifier. Ashes, although a replacement, couldn't spot the monsters so regardless of everyone's best wishes, Reino would have to go to the field. Unless they expected to throw another newbie into the mix. From the way the SFA was losing members, he doubted that would happen.

A light tug came to Hime's shirt a moment later. "Can I watch too, if Bro-eino goes?" Holding up a small card that was tucked neatly behind his identification tags, it explicitly stated that Remy was not to engage in battle or any sorts. In fine print below that it stated, "Unstable condition could result in loss of limbs or life." It was unclear and vague, but both Daliah and Sycom signed off on this. "I no get to fight," he pouted. "They worried that my Purium will kill me since it's pure."

Flickering ears caught every word that was mumbled from Remy's mouth. "What do you mean by pure?" It was no time to ask questions, but Ashes needed to know what this boy meant. He had heard Siri mention something about it before.

"He was one of my first cases. I was sent to the lower district of Boston to remove a threat. Rumor had it, a boy was a monster. When I found him, he was curled up on himself and crying. His arms were missing, by the way. I didn't know he was the thing I was after. But shortly after collecting him, we were attacked by a low level beast. Within seconds, this kid was foaming at the month and charging into battle. His arms just magically grew. And when he touched the monster, he didn't get hurt. Upon further inspection, we discovered that someone injured by one of these beasts can grow their own Purium. Purium is a derivative of the beast blood and soul, essentially. So when we discovered that Remy naturally grew his Purium, we worried. We have no idea how strong his is and we have no way of knowing if he'll... turn or not when it's activated." He could sense a question coming. "Since I had Purium prior to my recent attack, I will not have that issue. I will, however, state one thing we learned about Purium that day. It goes to a part of the body that's damaged. Remy's Purium became his arms. When I eventually got the Purium testing, it went to my right hand." Holding up his right hand, he showed off a deep scar. "Purium is attracted to the weakest part of the body and manifests there. Although we 'created' it, we know little to nothing about it. Not to mention, Remy's Purium isn't linked with being an Identifier, Enhancer, or Breaker. He's just pure, meaning he has all three, or so we believe."

"And how do you know all this?" Ashes wasn't pleased that a criminal was privy to such knowledge.

"Like I said, all this happened when I first joined. I was Division One years ago. I was part of the top secret team, reporting directly to my Lead Agent and Daliah." His voice was calm the entire time he spoke and there were traces of sorrow in it. "Sorry for the history lesson, but it might prove useful for you all in the Battle Dome. Think about why your Purium manifests where it does and channel those feelings. You might just find you're stronger than you thought."

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 03-16-2014, 12:56 AM

Volkov looked up as the wheelchair flew and crashed into the room, with a cowering nurse, and followed by Reino. Her lips pulled in a thin line as she watched him and then shook her head. Nothing to worry about. Hime had things under control. Though her whole comment about not over doing things seemed to have been thrown out the window with the wheel chair. Standing smoothly as Reino then moved over to Shadow and talked about yoga she dumped her trash in the can and walked over smoothly. "I said don't over do it." she said and looked into his eyes seriously. "I put those organs inside you, I can easily take them out again if you don't take care of yourself." the Russian woman threatened and offered a light smile to Shadow. "Kick his ass if he tries doing anything stupid. He is still recovering whether he likes to admit it or not." the purple haired female said lightly and shook her head. Scar followed her as she headed for the door. They would meet at the dome.

Walking with Scar at her side, she had a slight smile on her face as they headed for the dome. It had been a while since she had been in training. From the army's perspective she was more of a weapon's specialist, but like everyone she had served her time on the front lines. But because her body still was under a bit of stress this exercise could prove detrimental. Her disease could act up and make her cough up blood. That was the last thing she wanted these criminals to see her, as weak. Stepping into the woman's locker room connected to the dome, she shed her clothing to reveal her leather body suit underneath. Pulling her belt and combat boots out of Scar's insides she put those on over the skin tight suit. Pulling her hair up into a pony tail, her darker purple streaks showed through as she puled it into the band. Pulling on her leather gloves as well, she sighed and looked at herself in the mirror. Glad that the suit went along the base of her neck to hide scars on her back. Wishing she didn't have to hide her beautiful tattoo, she sighed. It was strictly business, she couldn't be so unprofessional.

Stepping into the dome she then sighed as Scar rubbed up against her, making her smile. Things would be good. She just had to go about things as normal and then at night, she would get to let her emotions show once again. It was a thrilling thought. Sighing she then began to stretch knowing that her nimble body would much more appreciate her being loose then going into things cold turkey. The last thing she needed was a pulled muscle. No one wanted to heal a healer.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 03-20-2014, 12:51 PM

Taking Volkov's lead, Ashes trotted on after her. Might as well follow one of the leaders rather than potentially deal with Reino's rebellious nature. It sounded like Hime was going to have to catch with Reino for a second. And the others seemed pretty content listening to her. Not to mention, since they didn't promptly follow Volkov, they wouldn't be able to get to the room anyway. They would be forced to wait for Hime or Artemis.

Then it hit him. Some of the division needed help getting to the dome, especially Sai! Slamming on the breaks, he took back off toward the main room. Eyes dancing from face to face, he decided that there were two who really looked like they could use a hand. Looping his arms around Cias and Sai, he happily walked with the two toward the dome. Only, he didn't make it far. He hardly made it to the hallway where Reino and Volkov previously spoke.

"Discord, care to assist? Shall we call it a... race?" Sliding Cias his way, Ashes found it much easier to just support Sai. Having to escort both would be too hard, which is why he opted for a partner. Besides, Discord looked lonely and Ashes didn't want to see him that way.

Although they weren't going to race, per se, they would at least move toward the same place. With the four of them together, Ashes figured it might be time to get to know the team. "So tell me about yourselves. I haven't spent much time reviewing files or seeing other agents and assistants. I've spent most of my time in the labs or with S.O.T.F." Ears folding into his head, a light whimper came from his throat. "Sometimes it get lonely," he offered up. "But I look forward to spending time with Division One! I hear you're all the cream of the crop! The best of the best. It's why Daliah signed the paperwork to release you all, if you succeed." A cocky grin slid onto his face. "It might have been Sycom's plan, but Daliah's the one that gave it the a-okay. And, here's the kicker, the government is backing you all. They will offer you one reward for your success. I bet Reino will ask for a detective or cop job. What would you ask for? If you could get anything you wanted, what would it be?"

Ears perking up, Ashes purred. "I would want a house full of catnip. It would be purrrrrfect~!"

Although the walk to the dome wasn't long, it was just long enough for Sai, Cias, and Discord to share some information, should they want to. Since the group arrived before the rest, Ashes figured he would include Volkov in the conversation. "Miss Volkov, we were just talking about how if we succeed, the government will offer us one reward. What kind of reward would you like? You're own research facility? A house full of catnip? A...." His face revealed a devilish smile. "A grand wedding?"