Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I e...

Old 12-20-2015, 08:13 PM

"That is an attitude that will not help. I've been thinking about this for awhile, and the best way for our troops to get trained? Hand's on experience. "Arventino said, motioning her over to a table. IT held a map of the pre-war US. "Nearby is a ruined city, called New Lenox. It's infested with Raider scumbags. Good number of them, but they are not as organized as they are in the east: Just a group of drugged-up idiots. "Arventino said. He then started drawing markers on the map near the town. "I was thinking this: We launch a Pincer attack, using the Heavy-Armored Vehicles, our dregs, to ferry our men and woman directly into the city. We have enough choppers that they can provide air-support, and we can use our tanks to clear out their forts and generally cleanse the area. With a 3 pronged attack, we could hunt the raider scum down, and annihilate them. "Arventino said.

"Think about it? 'The New Lenox Liberation'. People will finally start taking us seriously. Plus, think of the Salvage that is in that city? We could Fortify our position as an Independent group, and start rebuilding. Trouble is: We're not going to be able to do this without the Ark Survivors Support. We simply won't have the numbers otherwise. "Arventino said, looking up towards her. "If we are to be prepared for a Prolonged conflict with the Slavers, we need to resources and support. You have the Ark survivors at your back, it will make things a hell of a load easier. "Arventino said, circling New Lenox.

Joseph held her close, as if he was going to fall otherwise. " You remind me I am still Human Hikari.....if I didn't have you, I don't know what I'd do with myself.....You're the one good thing this life has given me. "He said, kissing her.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-21-2015, 06:47 AM

Rosemary took several moments to seriously think this over. "...Very well, I see the wisdom in this. But how do you propose we keep the Ark survivor's support? Didn't you say they're ready to walk out?" She asked. "How do we change their minds?"

Hikari kissed him back passionately. She didn't have the right words to tell him how she felt, so she did her best to convey those feelings through her kiss.

Andraus

Old 12-21-2015, 03:02 PM

"We will need the one person I know you hate more than anything: Ahzidal. If there is one thing our politicians are good at, it's riling the people up. Plus, Ark Survivors and your people know him. He's a good spokesmen. "He said. "You'll need to convince him to speak for you. He's not gonna talk willingly. What the hell happened between you two to cause this?"he asked.

Joseph, after a few moments, pulled away from Hikari. "If we keep this up, I am not gonna keep you pure for your wedding....Goddamn woman, you are irresistible. "He said, with a grin. He then picked her up, bridel style. "So how about this: I cook you a nice meal tonight?"he asked her.

(For Ahzidal, you can make up whatever. He is a Pre-war politician, it could come down to him trying to run things his way)

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-22-2015, 07:12 AM

Rosemary groaned. True, she despised the man, but she would do what needed to be done for her people. "He came to our village some time ago and posed as a butcher. He kept that guise for years, until you all showed up. During his time there, he tried to undermine my authority more times than I can count. Once he even went so far as to make contact with hired assassins to guard our village, directly against my orders." She said coldly.

Hikari's eyes widened. "You're going to cook? An actual meal?" She asked, as if the very idea was foreign to her. And it was, really, since the biggest meal she ever had was the festival in Springvale, where there wasn't much food to go around. She'd never had an actual, fully cooked meal before. "Won't you need a large fire pit for that?"

Andraus

Old 12-22-2015, 06:21 PM

"Nah. Thanks to the fact that Alessia finished the Reactor in the center of town, we have enough power that I can use a stove with little trouble. Just know, the last time I cooked was over 400 years ago, so bear with me, my skills may be a little rusty. "Joseph said, with a grin on his face. He knew how to cook perfectly well, but he joked about the fact he was frozen for that long.

"I hate to play Devil's advocate, but he seemed like he did what he thought was necessary. You guys lived not too far from a city, with experienced raider gangs. Anyone who was afraid would do whatever it took to survive. "Arventino said, but shook his head. "Anyway, you'd need to talk to him personally. He's over in the Ration distribution building, making sure our people have their needed necessities." He finished.

Ahzidal was in the building, authorizing Ration distribution. He picked up a notice for increased rations for the new-coming group of settlers. Ahzidal was about to cross this out, when he saw the group included 8 children, and 3 pregnant mothers. Sighing, Ahzidal approved the list, and added it to the pile. "You owe me big time......"He said to no-one in particular.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-23-2015, 04:21 AM

Rosemary glared. "I had taken care of my people perfectly fine before he showed up, and his meddling only put strain on the village. I understand that trust is difficult, but if I wanted his help I would have asked for it. He had absolutely no place going over my head that way." She said, her tone like acid. "The worst part was that he never bothered to even run things by me, he simply did what he wanted regardless of our laws. Honestly, many of his ideas were intriguing and may have been accepted if he had simply talked to me."

Hikari tilted her head slightly. "What's a stove? She asked curiously. "Does it cook food like a fire?"

Andraus

Old 12-23-2015, 04:58 AM

Arventino looked over there, and gave her a hard look. "Hey, Woman, remember this: I am entitled to my own opinion. That being said, from the way things were when we first came into the village, everyone was hostile towards ANY sort of change, which was understandable, but it was still a pain in the ass to go through. Ahzidal knew this, and the people knew him. If he had wanted to cause harm, he would've done so a long time ago. Also, Rosemary, I'll be blunt with you: You are too damn proud to accept help, even when it's needed. The only way you would've even considered help from him is if the village was in immediate danger. "Arventino said.

"He did what he thought was right, and he took the time to actually get to know the village, so they could trust him. That's a lot more than I can say for politicians in my day. So give him credit: He tried to do what he thought was best, and he wanted nothing more than to see the village survive. Sure, he could've gone through you about things, but from what I saw, that went out the window right quick. "Arventino said. "Now, would you please stop giving me a hard time? I am not the bad guy here, I am just stating what I think, is that so fucking bad?!" Arventino nearly yelled. He then pinched the bridge of his nose, biting back his aggression. ".....~sigh~ sorry, that was beneath me. This whole situation has just gotten me at my wits end."

"Yes, and it does more. I am thinking of making you stir-fried chicken, along with some pasta. But one thing, Hikari: You'll need to eat vegetables. I am not going to see you eat only meat. It is not healthy. "Joseph said, in a stern voice.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-24-2015, 03:30 AM

Rosemary stopped and rounded on him. "You have no idea what you're talking about. You and your friends walked into my village and started judging us right away, without knowing anything about us, and that's exactly what he did. None of us have ever been averse to change- we have had to change to survive many times in this world, and we were all used to it. Or did you not notice how quickly every villager agreed to leave their home when it became obvious that they couldn't safely live there anymore? And as far as my own pride, I never let it get in the way of my decisions. That was the first thing I learned from my father, not that you bothered to ask. He never bothered to ask, either. He simply assumed he knew what was right. Your group did exactly the same thing when you showed up, you started taking over and doing things without being asked and without asking if we wanted you to. It was the same thing all over again. And he never bothered to try and get the village to trust him. He lived there for years as a recluse! Children were afraid of him! That man never bothered to see what would happen if he ran a suggestion by me or anyone else for that matter. Our village and its people were in immediate danger hundreds of times. There were so many times I would have kissed anyone who could offer some help to protect them. I never got help from him, only opposition. So don't go defending him when you don't know the situation." She sighed, the anger going out of her. She almost seemed to get smaller. "And you...I thought you understood me. I thought, finally, that someone knew the real me. But this...clearly you don't know me at all." She shook her head and started walking away. "You know what? You talk to him. I'm sure you two will be able to reach an agreement much easier without me."

Hikari blinked. "I didn't understand half of what you just said." She told him bluntly. "But I did understand about the vegetables, and you should know you sound like my parents." She teased him.

Andraus

Old 12-24-2015, 04:10 AM

"Are you really serious....? I told you that it is simply what I thought, and this is what I get from stating what I think?.....You know what? Fuck it. I am done. "Arventino said, picking up his gear, and storming out. Arventino then knocked on the door to Joseph's home. If Rosemary couldn't respect that Arventino had his own opinion, then there was no reason for him to stay.

Joseph just laughed at this, before hearing the knocking. Standing up, Joseph walked over to the door, and saw Arventino. "Arven, what's wrong?"

"Hey. Joe, listen, I gotta talk to you. "He said. He then looked behind him, towards Hikari. "I am going to borrow your man for a minute, okay?"

Joseph looked confused, but walked outside with him, closing the door behind him. Sitting at the best of the hill where Joseph's house was, Arventino and Joseph looked to be having a serious conversation about something. Joseph seemed to be trying to calm Arventino down, though obviously Arventino was visibly upset. After awhile, Joseph patted the man on the back, and they walked back into the house. Arventino went upstairs, to a different room. Joseph then walked over to Hikari. "Hey hon, I hope you don't mind, but Arven is gonig to be staying here for a few days. "Joseph said, obviously apologetic. He then sat down at the table, and rubbed his temples. "Of all times, a fight between those two happen now........both of them are idiots, in my honest opinion. "he said.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-25-2015, 04:46 AM

Rosemary was so busy trying not to cry that she didn't hear anything besides his angry tone. Once she was sure no one was watching, she ran for the outer wall. Once outside, she sat down and let herself cry.

Hikari waited, confused, until Joseph came back. "I don't mind, but...what happened?" She asked, a little concerned.

Andraus

Old 12-25-2015, 04:57 AM

"Long story short, Arventino said something he shouldn't have, and Rosemary claimed that he didn't know her at all ."Joseph said, pouring himself some water. "Arventino has always been blunt in his speaking, so half of the fault is his. If I understand the situation right, which I probably don't since I heard only half the story, It's my thought that Rosemary hit a nerve when it's not the best time too....."Joseph said, before handing Hikari something that came out of their oven: a glazed Donut. "Try this......"He said, sitting down, and rubbing his head. "Jeez......Arventino has always been a brick when it comes to emotion, but did Rosemary have to fight with him just as we loose someone close to us?......God, why do people like my brother and that woman have to be stupid?....."Joseph said. Obviously, he wasn't taking sides in this, thinking both were being idiots.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-25-2015, 07:31 AM

Hikari frowned, trying to work things out. "So...he said something insensitive without realizing it, and she overreacted?" She asked, trying to confirm if she had gotten it right. While she waited, she sniffed the strange food item he had given her. It smelled sweet, and it was sticky and ring shaped. She'd never seen anything like it.

Andraus

Old 12-25-2015, 05:43 PM

"That's my guess about it. I am not sure though. "He said to her. He then checked the date, and his eyes widen. "Oh shit......It's December 21st...."Joseph said, rubbing his head. " I got only 4 days to get you something go-.......wait, Hikari. Quick question, if you'll indulge me. "He said, before looking towards her. "Do you know what christmas is?......also, eat the Donut before it get's hard. "He said, pointing towards it. "It's best warm."

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-27-2015, 03:13 AM

Hikari shrugged and took a bite of the circular thing. It tasted just as sweet at it smelled, and she ended up eating the rest quickly. "That was good. Did you have these a lot before the Rain?" She asked, wiping her fingers on her pants. "Hm? Kriss-muss? Isn't that an old holiday? I don't know much about it, but I'm sure my parents mentioned it a few times in their research."

Andraus

Old 12-29-2015, 06:40 AM

"Yeah, it's an old Holiday. I'll spare you the history, but It's basically where we give gifts to those we care for. "Joseph said, before tapping his fingers. "Yeah, I grew up being able to cook decent meals, but when you're away from home with military provisions, you had to learn to improvise. Guess that works out for me, huh beautiful?" he asked, smiling.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-30-2015, 02:03 AM

Hikari smiled at him. "This holiday, when is it?" She asked curiously.

Andraus

Old 12-30-2015, 02:58 AM

Joseph looked at PDA he had. "Soon. Only a couple of days, actually. "He said, flicking the device off. Andy then walked into the kitchen, before grabbing a couple of ingredients, and he started working. Soon, the entire house was filled with the scent of meat, veggies, and fresh bread (OOC: Have you ever smelled that being made? it's amazing!).

Arventino would walk down eventually, dressed in camo pants, combat boots, and a black shirt. He had several scratches and burns on his hands, from working in the fabrication yard for the Militia. "How are you doing, Hikari?"He asked, looking at a book: Castaway from the Flying Dutchman.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-30-2015, 05:07 AM

Hikari sat quietly, thinking about the holiday Joseph talked about. She was startled out of her reverie by the sound of Arventino's voice. "Hm? Oh, hey. I'm alright...what about you?" She asked.

Andraus

Old 12-30-2015, 05:36 AM

"Yeah, just trying to keep my mind occupied.....Good thing Joseph copied so many books, and got hand-written copies: Really need t to catch up on my reading....."Arventino said, obviously trying to focus on something other than the conversation today.

Joseph would set down a plate of mostaccioli, thick steak, and corn on the cob. "I think that is everything. Enjoy the meal, okay? I need to step outside for a minute. "Joseph said, before walking out. He waited out in the sun, as if expecting someone to show up. Occasionally, he'd take from his side a hip-flask, taking a nip from it.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-31-2015, 02:54 AM

Hikari made a small noncommittal sound. "Joseph said he'd teach me how to read, back when we first met. He hasn't had much time to actually do that, but he did teach me the letters for my name." She said, trying to make conversation.

Andraus

Old 01-03-2016, 03:40 AM

"We're trying to organize schooling. Not easy when undamaged books are about as rare as uranium, but we make due. Lucked out by the fact that most tribes and groups practice via oral tradition, so they understand that listening is important, but still it's the principle of it all.....over two thousand years of accumulated knowledge, and it might be lost because of two hours. "Arventino said, which brought up something: The great war, the atomic rain, only lasted 2 hours?

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 01-04-2016, 03:25 AM

Hikari blinked, momentarily speechless. "Two...hours?" She asked finally, all other problems gone from her mind. "Are you saying that the Rain, the event that ended the world, devastated the land and caused mutations that would affect all future generations, lasted only two hours?"

Andraus

Old 01-04-2016, 03:33 AM

Arventino looked up, before closing his book. "October 23rd, 2077. Due to the intense amenity between the nations, due to 1. Lack of resources, 2. America holding the last remaining oil supplies, and 3. the war between America and China, warheads from all over struck EVERYWHERE without discrimination, and those that were fired at retaliated by launching warheads of their own. Due to alliances, they too fired, and the enemies allies fired back. "Arventino said, drawing it in the form of simple pictures of a piece of paper. "Dust from the follow up covered the sky, and the rain that followed was acid. It destroyed the local ecosystems, and killed almost 90% of all life on earth. This all happened in exactly 2 hours. "Arventino said, writing it down, and showing Hikari.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 01-04-2016, 06:39 AM

Hikari stared at the paper in disbelief, watching him map it out for her. "No one...no one ever said..." She shook her head. "I don't understand. How could the end of the world happen so quickly? And why is this not common knowledge now? Surely stories must have been passed down by the survivors..."

Andraus

Old 01-04-2016, 06:54 AM

"When the world was burning, most people didn't care about how long it took, just what it did. I know this because my Ark had records on the time afterward. We became so powerful, that we forgot how weak we are. "Arventino said to her, taking a bite of a piece of pasta. "Jeez, this is pretty good...."