*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-21-2011, 03:24 AM

So I've been searching around but can never really find anything I'm looking for. I tried PWI, WOW, EVEonline, and a few others but most of them aren't exactly what I'm looking for so I was wondering if anyone here, who plays MMORPGs would be able to help me find what I'm looking for.

* Social Chatting minus bots/spammers
* Good graphics and char. customization
* Laptop downloadable [meaning it doesnt take up 56 gigs]
* Good storyline.
* NOT space-based

I know that it's kinda hard to find games like this but even so It's nice to get at least the social aspect from a game.

Evicted Element
Regardless

Old 07-21-2011, 04:50 AM

Sounds like we're looking for a game with the same criteria. I'd suggest Forsaken World by Perfect World, but unless you're okay for major grinding around level 30, I dunno...then again if you've played Shaiya it'll probably not be so bad. Also, thanks again for the post in the MMO thread I started. ^^

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-21-2011, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evicted Element View Post
Sounds like we're looking for a game with the same criteria. I'd suggest Forsaken World by Perfect World, but unless you're okay for major grinding around level 30, I dunno...then again if you've played Shaiya it'll probably not be so bad. Also, thanks again for the post in the MMO thread I started. ^^
I'll check it out soon. I'm looking into a game that takes some effort and a friend recommended Vindictus. I'm going to try that first but I'll eventually try forsaken world. ^w^

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-21-2011, 07:48 AM

"Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Online" has a pretty good storyline (if you dont skip it), spammers are somewhat rare...

Char customizations would take a while to afford the AP to do that... but they're buyable with ingame money :D

Based in Japan...

It's DLable on a laptop... and the graphics are decent.

Best of all... :D free

Evicted Element
Regardless

Old 07-21-2011, 04:24 PM

Yeah, but the slow movement is a bit of a piss off, the backtracking does not help. Dungeons are fun. You're liable to get someone who's already done the dungeon before and is far above your level, so powerlevel-yay is probably on your horizon if you try it. X3

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-21-2011, 05:19 PM

Yeah... vIndictis didn;t work on my laptop so... Yeah...

Elluh
(╯°□°)╯...

Old 07-21-2011, 10:50 PM

Hmm, maybe you should try Aion? It's pretty awesome.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-22-2011, 12:51 AM

Eh... I'm not a real big fan of Forsaken World.

The dailies are murder. Every day, you're spending two hours doing the same quests and instances over and over again. And that's pretty much the only way to level

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 07-22-2011, 03:03 PM

Well, I'm extremly picky with MMO's and so far the only one I've played that I've really enjoyed is Vindictus ^.^

Evicted Element
Regardless

Old 07-23-2011, 06:02 AM

I'm going back and giving MegaTen another try. Even if normal walking is slow, the gameplay is smooth and rarely lags on my computer. Funny though, a game of this quality would normally crash this trash heap I call my computer. Even games of a lower quality than that one lag pretty bad at some points. But I'm just fine on this game, and I think that says something good about it. ^^

Projectwolfie
Dr. Livingstone, I presume?

Old 07-25-2011, 03:46 AM

PlaneShift - A 3D Fantasy MMORPG There you go everyone. Also I found Spiral Knights on steam not bad.

Ellancher
Pure Randomness... now in an ext...

Old 07-29-2011, 04:02 PM

I'd suggest Eden Eternal by Aeria Games who made Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Online, which I've played and really liked. Though Im not really a sci-fi fan so I don't play it anymore.

Eden Eternal is one of my favorite games ever. The Class system... is amazing, all classes are interchangable so you arn't stuck being a mage or a fighter or any other class. I linked in the Eden Eternal homepage up the first time I mentioned it.

Ridrith

Old 07-30-2011, 01:23 AM

To be honest, I don't think there's an MMO on the market right now that isn't terribad. Most of them follow the exact same path, same questing, same combat, same everything almost. However I might just be cynical because I'm entirely burnt out on the genre right now. Playing WoW for six years will do that to you, not to mention EQ2 for two years, and at least trying/buying most, if not every single major MMO release since that point...

However, a game you should look into: GUILD WARS 2. Looks amazing, not to mention they're trying to shake up the standard MMO bog that everybody seems to be in. Don't expect a release this year but it never hurts to get the hype train rolling.

Angel Naomi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-01-2011, 05:18 PM

I go for the free MMORPGs. Right now I play Nexon games (I'm active on Dungeon Fighter and inactive on MapleStory) and they have a lot more games with different art and genres to choose from.

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-01-2011, 07:21 PM

@Anfel Naomi; I've actually tried Nexon games and they majorly f*cked up my computer to the point that the thing barely wants to work with how slow it is. >.<

Bargrim

Old 08-01-2011, 10:19 PM

Honestly, I lose interest in most MMO's because of the constant grinding you have to do, when it seems like every quest is "Go out and kill 50 of these monsters then come back!"
LOTRO was okay, though if you don't like LOTR, I wouldn't suggest it, since that's half the fun, though I'm not sure if it's laptop DL-able or not.
Laptops honestly aren't usually for gaming.

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-02-2011, 12:42 AM

I actually found an interesting game with a good storyline. It's not really all that social but it's fun and I go up ten levels daily, mainly because it's all I do from sun up to sun down so... i think I'm good for a while. But if you guys wanna keep giving me some awesome reviews [that are helping me choose what to try next ='D ] than feel free to do so. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Wynna
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-10-2011, 06:18 PM

I love City of Heroes/Villians. It's not really like the other MMORPGs that I have played before, considering it's set in modern times and stuff. There's tons of customization and it is really easy to catch on. I love it so far.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-12-2011, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
Eh... I'm not a real big fan of Forsaken World.

The dailies are murder. Every day, you're spending two hours doing the same quests and instances over and over again. And that's pretty much the only way to level
I have a level 24 Mage on Forsaken land and a level 13 Bard, I don't like how they restrict certain classes to certain races such as bards to elves. It takes forever to level up for sure..

I prefer Maple Story personally.