Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-09-2011, 02:56 AM

I try to use it to just chat with people but I get perverts trying to hook up or what not all of the time. It's annoying. I do like the avatars and the items though.

I agree 100% that buying the names and the subscriptions are way overpriced.

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-09-2011, 03:23 AM

Well if either of you ever wanna chat, I'm almost always online. =P

And they are... It's be a years worth of saving my allowance to buy my name. =\

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-09-2011, 03:37 AM

Oh, another problem I see on IMVU.

The guys on there only want to cyber and I have no interest what so ever in that. So it makes me anxious when I talk to someone on there.

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-09-2011, 03:51 AM

That is creepy... O_O

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-09-2011, 06:06 AM

Cat Eye: I've actually met a few really cool guys on there. Most of them do seem to just want to cyber though. It's unfortunate.

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-09-2011, 06:13 AM

Me too, I've met one that's cool. Then he quit IMVU it seems.

So, now it's only cybering guys or people who leave the chat the second they see your avatar. Those annoy me too, so I never get on anymore.

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-09-2011, 11:18 AM

Oh gosh I hate those people who leave when they see you. I mean, I guess it's their business if they don't want to talk to someone who looks like ____ but, REALLY? It's kind of just rude, I think.

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-09-2011, 03:58 PM

AGREEED! I hate that. A lot of that happens on there. I honestly think most of them do it just to irk you.

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-09-2011, 04:54 PM

Well, that just means they're douchebags.

I don't just click x when I see your avatar....now if you don't say something....I make no guarantees. I will x you if I get no replies.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 07-09-2011, 06:00 PM

I used to hang out on IMVU with friends but stopped for the fact that I did get tired of the cybering guys. Even when I tell them I'm in a happy relationship, I would get "He doesn't have to know." Sorry but I do like to tell my boyfriend about who I talk to.

But the prices and all are too high. Though the avatars are pretty. I still have screen shots of mine from when I used to go on there.

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-09-2011, 09:20 PM

It can still be kind of fun if you just tell them "no" and exit the chat. That's usually what I do and I haven't had any of them hassle me after I do so. As long as you've got a few friends to chat with on there it's not really that bad.

Darkness Within
Fallen

Old 07-14-2011, 05:01 AM

Ah yes, I wanted to give this site a try a long time ago but I refuse to pay for website memberships.

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-15-2011, 02:16 AM

Bella_Cullen: You don't really have to pay for the membership or anything. It's free to be on, only if you don't pay for anything you'll have an annoying "Guest_" tag at the front of your name. Otherwise everything is free though. ^_^ It is really fun to dress up the avatars and such, so you ought to try it out!

Darkness Within
Fallen

Old 07-16-2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottersaurus View Post
Bella_Cullen: You don't really have to pay for the membership or anything. It's free to be on, only if you don't pay for anything you'll have an annoying "Guest_" tag at the front of your name. Otherwise everything is free though. ^_^ It is really fun to dress up the avatars and such, so you ought to try it out!
But when I tried it, it let me make an avatar and then asked for my credit card information.

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-16-2011, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella_Cullen View Post
But when I tried it, it let me make an avatar and then asked for my credit card information.

Then you were prolly signing up for VIP

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-16-2011, 05:11 PM

Oh yeah, that sounds like you somehow got in to the VIP signup. When it brings up a screen telling you to join VIP, all you have to do is click somewhere that says [skip] or something like that. If you don't see that just go straight to the IMVU site. It should be fine then.

You really don't have to pay though. They just want everybody to be VIP so they bleed us dry. :XD

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-16-2011, 05:24 PM

I've downloaded IMVU a couple of times over the years, but I think it was giving me viruses and made my computer run slower, so I deleted it. I did enjoy it though, chatting and dressing up, haha basically the same reasons I'm here :]

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-16-2011, 06:46 PM

I don't think it gave you a virus. It lags your computer because it's 3d what with all the graphics and stuff so it uses you vid. card a lot as well as memory space. *shrug* Then again it really depends on if your computer likes having it on or not. XD

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-17-2011, 03:48 PM

It does generally make most computers run slower though. XD Mine is usually okay, but I definitely wouldn't recommend IMVU for an older computer that doesn't have a lot of RAM on it.

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-17-2011, 09:31 PM

Hey OS stop taling bout my computer! She feels insulted! DX lol
Yeah, my computer runs slow but I deal. It's typical lag so I'm used to it. Especially when I attempt to play PWI... GRR!

` T O K Y O
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to ` T O K Y O

Old 07-19-2011, 04:46 PM

I've actually been using IMVU for...almost 4 years. I have never spent a penny on that site and now earns real money through that website as a developer and designer. A lot of the users there don't know how to earn credits. There's the forums where you can provide art and services. People there are VERY generous if they like what you do. I know what you guys mean when you they are money hungry though. But I do believe that if you work for your credits, you will eventually get them. There are also users who gives out free credits. There's always contests and other events that users create to earn credits. I also started a blog where I give away credits a few time every month, if anyone is interested in that they can send me a message.