Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-26-2011, 05:14 AM

Anyone out there that has or still does play either or both of these? I haven't played in a while but it was really fun for a while... :sweat:

What difficulty levels did you play? I was between standard and heavy (red and green difficulties; I know sometimes they change up the names of the difficulties). :angel:

Vickicat
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Vickicat Send a message via MSN to Vickicat Send a message via Yahoo to Vickicat

Old 08-11-2011, 02:43 AM

I just recently started playing Stepmania. I bought a couple of dance pads on Amazon about a month ago. I had such a hard time finding one that had a USB plug in, so I was really happy when I finally found some that I could use with the computer and were a decent price. I remember when DDR was really popular quite a few years ago but for whatever reason I didn't really look into getting any of the games. I think it had to do with the fact that I didn't think they made it for the game consuls I had. Anyway, I'm completely obsessed with Stepmania now. I've been playing it nearly everyday, and I think my boyfriend is a little annoyed because we play it on his computer, and at first he was playing it a lot too, but now it's mostly me playing it and keeping him from using his computer. XD I really can only do light modes right now, I'm hoping I will get better and eventually be able to play on standard. My boyfriend can do heavy and it annoys me because everything always comes so easy for him.

Veiss Wynd
Character Modeler

Old 08-12-2011, 03:09 AM

I used to play a long time ago too =)
If I had the time, I would go back to them. I used to play strictly heavy mode back in the day. Now days whenever I jump on for fun, I can only endure standard and a few heavy mode songs. The steps are still there memorized in my muscles, but my muscles can't keep up anymore. I've become jelly due to college o<o

I also used to play Stepmania. Some songs are really well made. I just don't like the songs with steps that require you to have both your legs and both your hands touching the pad.
@Vickicat: I bought my dance pad off of red octane years ago. This one in fact: link
It came with an Xbox, PS2 and USB adapter. It really shouldn't have been hard to find a pad with a USB end, but glad you found one. Maybe it's hard to find now days. I tried checking Red Octane's site, but it says they're under maintenance. I hope that's just temporary. I bought the pad straight off from their site.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-17-2011, 03:46 PM

@Vicki: Oh, I thought of getting Stepmania pads, but I don't have much space in my computer room. :cry: I use the keyboard instead, but I can't do those crazy 4-arrows-at-the-same-time keyboard songs. D:

@Veiss: I totally can relate to you. I started playing Stepmania in middle school. Years of inactivity made my hands unable to finish songs I used to love. But my fingers still move with a mind of their own. :sweat:

Elluh
(╯°□°)╯...

Old 08-17-2011, 11:19 PM

I still play DDR, even though
they removed it from the mall for
another one..I think it's called Jump it..
or something.

I always fail, but it's so much fun. xD
And I scored a deal for two mats
and the game for my xbox at gamestop.
: D
I always play difficult or guru.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-18-2011, 03:19 AM

Ah, well I got a mat per DDR game I've bought, and I have two games (Extreme 2 and Supernova).

It IS fun! But my friends get discouraged because I play on higher levels than them. :cry:

demona jay
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to demona jay

Old 08-20-2011, 04:12 AM

I played DDR and love to play with the dance mats but sadly I had surgery on my legs a couple years back and haven't found a mat that takes enough of the shock from the jumps away to let me play. ( my house has a basement so if I don't have a good mat that can take the power of my jumps without shooting it back into my legs with the shaking of the house I can't play) but I do play stepmania with the arrow keys and standard is about where I play with the songs that have alot of tricky steps.

Heartful_Song
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-20-2011, 07:59 AM

I love DDR!
It's really fun and it's almost a fun way to workout

Lindseta
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-20-2011, 05:57 PM

I play DDR all the time c: But it always depends on the difficulty..... of the difficulties? On certain ones I can only do Light (the second one) But others, I can do Challegning (or the 3rd one) c: I'm sad both of my Playstation 2 mats broke T_T Those games are the better ones compared to the Wii one.

Vickicat
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Vickicat Send a message via MSN to Vickicat Send a message via Yahoo to Vickicat

Old 08-22-2011, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiss Wynd View Post
I used to play a long time ago too =)
If I had the time, I would go back to them. I used to play strictly heavy mode back in the day. Now days whenever I jump on for fun, I can only endure standard and a few heavy mode songs. The steps are still there memorized in my muscles, but my muscles can't keep up anymore. I've become jelly due to college o<o

I also used to play Stepmania. Some songs are really well made. I just don't like the songs with steps that require you to have both your legs and both your hands touching the pad.
@Vickicat: I bought my dance pad off of red octane years ago. This one in fact: link
It came with an Xbox, PS2 and USB adapter. It really shouldn't have been hard to find a pad with a USB end, but glad you found one. Maybe it's hard to find now days. I tried checking Red Octane's site, but it says they're under maintenance. I hope that's just temporary. I bought the pad straight off from their site.
My boyfriend bought a dance pad from Red Octane years ago and said it was a really great pad and it worked really well, but sadly his dad somehow folded it the wrong way and broke it. He said that Red Octane went out of business and that's why the site is down. x_x I think they've been out of business for a while. That's where we would have bought the pads if they were still around. So that's why we had to search around for a pad with a USB. We tried buying one at Gamestop but when we got home and took it out of the box it only had adapters for consoles so we took it back. But we found dance pads on Amazon that had USB adapters at least.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-26-2011, 03:23 PM

Aw man, going out of business must suck. :c

I just got the pads that came with the game. Not the best, but adequate for a casual player like myself.