Kimiku
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-22-2007, 12:42 AM

Final Fantasy VII was the first game in the series that I've played, and by far the best.

Not sure if it's because that's the game that introduced me to the series, but I love that game so much. I spent hours, days, weeks playing. Sometimes more than I should have. >.<

But all in all, that game lead the series into another generation. Best graphics of the time really. First of it's kind and whatnot.

I'm just glad to have been apart of something so epic, because it is an epic game. And it still has many fans today, including me. xD

As far as the characters go, I loved them all really. I even adored the baddies. And that's not usually what the makers intend with a series. Then again, I really don't know what their intent was, but I loved all the characters. Everyone!

Renchan
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-22-2007, 01:54 PM

I love FFX. And FFXII, because of the graphics.

kasorin
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-22-2007, 05:02 PM

I've played FFI, FFII, FFIV. All of them in their new, redone GBA versions since I'm relatively new to Final Fantasy. I want to get FFIII. Right now, I'm playing FFV, and FFVI on Gameboy. I just got FFVIII last night. I would have rather gotten FFVII, but FFVII is about $85 on Amazon, and FFIII is only $30 or maybe less.

Eventually, I hope to collect all of the Final Fantasy games, with the exception of FFX-2, since I haven't heard good reviews for it.

I've seen FFVII Advent Children three or four times, and really, really want to buy it. I love Cloud, and Squall. To bad you don't really get to play with them in Kingdom Hearts.

Yreka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-22-2007, 06:44 PM

• So far i've only played the handheld Final Fantasy games (with the exception of Crystal Chronicles for the Gamecube) and my favorite would be Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. 400 hours of addiction so far. Apparently they're coming out with a second one. Currently, i'm playing Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings for the DS. Also loving it. If nothing else, the cutscenes are amazingly beautiful for being on a DS. ~ <3 But that's discounting the gameplay and such which on its own would be awesome also.

kasorin
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-23-2007, 06:51 PM

I have a question! It's not completely FF related, but...

I started FFVIII last night, and it won't let me save. I have a PS2 and a PS2 memory card. I thinks that I need to go get a PS memory card, but I don't know.

It really sucks though! I got killed by a monster in the school's training area... And I didn't get to save or anything before hand, so I have to restart my game.

So, basically, does anyone know if I should try and find a memory card for PS, or if my game is failing on me?

Risque
bing chilling

Old 12-23-2007, 10:40 PM

You need a PS1 memory card to save PS1 games.
It's alright, I've replayed the first 8 hours of Final Fantasy IX about 20 times before I got a PS1 memory card. ^__^

And watch out for the T-Rex monsters in the training center, they're pretty much unbeatable, and they have crappy spells so it's not worth drawing either.

kasorin
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2007, 01:47 AM

yeah, a t-rex thingy killed me. I suppose I'll save obbessivly once I get a memory card so if I do get attacked by one I can just push the "reset" button

Javert
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-11-2008, 11:29 AM

I've played 7, 11(a bit), Crystal Chronicles, and 3, but I've seen my brother play Tactics, 8, and 9(most of it, anyway). Of the ones I've seen him play, and the ones I've played, my favorites are 7, 9, Tactics, 3, Crystal Chronicles, 11, then 8. I loved 7- for many years, everything I drew related to this game. I also made references to it a lot, and I always hoped to get at least one of the toys for it, and the soundtrack, being such a big fan and all. ^^;. It's also partially what made me into an even bigger anime fan than I was when I was 11.(Although I didn't play it on my own until I was 13.)
I always loved the plot, and all the subplots in between. I also loved playing the mini games at the Gold Saucer, and I loved all of the characters(Aside from a few..(Scarlet and Palmer. >>;)
As for my favorite character, I'd have to say it's Rufus Shinra. I've always liked him- I've always loved his personality, and the fact that he seemingly hates Scarlet. XD. (That's what I always believed when I played the game, anyway. Maybe I'm wrong, but he always seems to want to get rid of her. XD.)
Unfortunately, I haven't played anything past 9(and a bit of 11), so I can't judge any of the newer games. I've heard that 10 is really good, and 12 supposedly is, too.

K A D O
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-15-2008, 03:07 PM

Final Fantas is a great series. My favorite has got to be Final Fantasy x. Some people say the series went down hill after Final Fantasy VII, but I thought FFX was a very good game. I never really got into fFVII, it kinda board me, though it was funny when cloud had to dress up as a girl.
Final fantasy XI is a great game too, it's kinda hard at first but once you get the flow of the game it gets easy.

Ashe
Princess of Dalmasca

Old 01-17-2008, 02:51 PM

I've always liked Final Fantasy, even though I've only played one game out of the series (FFXII).
I really want to play the other games, no matter how crappy the graphics might be (as I have been told).
And I cant wait for FFXIII, too bad it doesnt look like I'll be getting a PS3 anytime soon. :[

I know that FFXII is really different from the others because it's set in a less-futuristic scheme. But I really love it. ^___^ Penelo was my favourite character in that game. :3

Jezriel
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 03-20-2008, 08:19 PM

I'm a fan of the series. I held out for a very long time though. Kept swearing I'd never get into it, didn't see the point.

Then I watched my ex play FFX with his sister for a weekend, and I didn't get to see the ending.

I HATE not knowing how things end.

So I rented the game and made my brother play with me. Then I bought it. And then since I was already on a forum full of FFIX fans, I got that too, to see what was so special. By that time I'd decided I might as well see if I could play the entire series in reverse order. I took time to beat PrincessDressMeUp - I mean, FFX-2. I missed Auron. >.>'

I didn't like 9 so much, and 8 bored me. I did, sadly, become absolutely enamored of VII. Go figure. VINCENT FTW. And Turks in general.

6 was ok, Kefka over Kuja as a baddie any day.

I HAVE some of the others, but got sidetracked when all the FFVII compilation stuff came out. Was a big member of the online community AdventChildren.net for a while. (I'm still mad that we don't get to play Before Crisis, because America's cell phone service isn't up to Japan's standards).

Anyway. I have to say Crisis Core is my favorite of ALL FF related games so far. Yeah, I played the Japanese version. I'll be getting it in English too. It's nice to have a job.

One of these days, I'll get around to playing 5-1. I got 1 for PSP so I can sneak it to work with me. Hehehe. I may have to cave and borrow my brother's DS so I can play some of the others.

Absolute favorite characters out of the series? In order of discovery - Auron, Vincent, Angeal. Not that I don't have high respect for other characters, but I'm not a 'fan'.

(my son is an absolute Kingdom Hearts fan. I refuse to play, FF related or not.)

Suzuricho
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to Suzuricho

Old 03-20-2008, 08:43 PM

I've played most every FF game out, including spinoffs and re-releases.

FFI - NES, GBA, PSX
FFII - ROM, GBA, PSX
FFIII - DS
FFIV - SNES, GBA, PSX
FFV - PSX
FFVI - SNES, PSX
FFVII
FFVIII - PSX, PC
FFIX
FFX
FFX-2 (ugh)
FFXI - server Titan, name Melodye
FFXII
FFCC - GCN
FFCC:RoF - DS
FFT - PSX, PSP
FFTA - GBA

My favorites are Ring of Fates, FFI, FFIX, and FFT. Not in that order. But I spend the time to play the games. I want to be as versed as I am in FF in "Tales of" games! xD

Favorite character in FF? FREYA CRESENT. (and Beatrix) Because Dragoons are the shiznit. (and so are Paladins)

Stealthy

Old 03-20-2008, 09:25 PM

I've only played FFVII, FFVIII and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (though I don't really count the latter as a proper FF game - it's a bit of a different style to the other FF games, no?). I haven't completed FFVII, I've only played a bit of it, and I'm left with the impression that FFVIII is better...

Lots of people say that FFVII is the best in the series, but FFVIII has much better graphics, and gripped me more; maybe it's because I played FFVIII first. In any case, I have no idea about how they compare to the newer and older games, because I haven't played them.

I probably should, as from what I've read in this thread, they sound good.

Jezriel
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 03-21-2008, 01:48 AM

The thing you have to remember, as you go backwards in time - is that the graphics for each game were awesome at the time they were made ... but are kinda cheezy now.

FFVII, for instance. I'm having a hard time convincing my brother to play because he says the characters look like leggo dudes.

But once you get used to the older style graphics, the story sets in and the adventure takes over. Each character has their own background and secrets to unravel. It's awesome. I'm going to be re-playing FFVII pretty soon, so I can remind myself of some points before updating a fanfic I started ages ago. ^_^

dark_tenshi17
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-21-2008, 01:55 AM

I like most of the games. So far FF:VII is my favourite but I liked IX a lot too. My favourite character of all time is Vincent Valentine <3

Stealthy

Old 03-21-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezriel
The thing you have to remember, as you go backwards in time - is that the graphics for each game were awesome at the time they were made ... but are kinda cheezy now.

FFVII, for instance. I'm having a hard time convincing my brother to play because he says the characters look like leggo dudes.

But once you get used to the older style graphics, the story sets in and the adventure takes over. Each character has their own background and secrets to unravel. It's awesome. I'm going to be re-playing FFVII pretty soon, so I can remind myself of some points before updating a fanfic I started ages ago. ^_^
Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't judge everything on graphics (for example, I think LoZ: Ocarina of Time and LoZ: Majora's Mask are a lot better than Twilight Princess, despite how good the TP graphics are). I just never really got into FFVII. Maybe I'll give it another go one of these days.

Suzuricho
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to Suzuricho

Old 03-21-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezriel

Ah, but people complained that the gameplay looked like lego guys back when it first came out! It was the FMV - the Full Motion Video - which sold the idea of the graphics being more than what they were, and that idea stood out for all the rest of the FF games on the PSX, save tactics - the FMV was so infrequent there that it didn't matter, and the battle guys look the same as your story telling guys. You have to get over that fact to appriciate the feeling FFVII gives you. There are fanwanks all over the net that adore... perhaps even embellish this game as one of the greatest RPGs of all time. (though I really don't love it that much!)

I enjoyed FFVII each of the 10 times I've played through it. It's fun game, honestly, and that's what really matters. That it's fun. The first few times I cried over Aeris, and I missed her the rest of the game...

but y'know...

Things happen.

Jezriel
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 03-23-2008, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_tenshi17
I like most of the games. So far FF:VII is my favourite but I liked IX a lot too. My favourite character of all time is Vincent Valentine <3
I love his few lines in the game. "It's not so much what you're doing, as how you are doing it that I dislike."

XD

And yeah, the FMV's were the main selling point. But I think I'da liked it even without them.

*restarted Crisis Core tonight while at work, all this FF talk got me itching*

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-29-2008, 04:35 AM

I have played 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2 and 12... I guess my favourite would have to be a toss up between 8 and 12, though my favourite characters from them are Vincent Valentine (7), Balthier (12), Rinoa (8) and Paine (X2).

Din
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-29-2008, 05:25 PM

I've only played the installments of twelve.

People talk down on it compared to the others. Bu tI thought it was really good.
Despite lack of character development anyway.

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-30-2008, 12:56 AM

I think the thing that I enjoy most about 12 is that you can pick your battles. Sometimes you just want to get to a shop so you can stock up on potions or whatever, and don't want to risk a battle with a stronger monster. (Random T Rex, anyone?) To me it kind of added a touch of realism - well, as real as a fantasy game can be - no clever fighter wants to fight everything they come across!

Jezriel
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 03-30-2008, 04:25 AM

I absolutely CAN'T WAIT for FF13 to finish coming out! I'd love it if they'd give us a few more preview bits.

(impatiently waits for next Friday, when the paycheck gets deposited, and US version of Crisis Core can be purchased)

Dayla
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-30-2008, 05:56 AM

I hated FFVII. I've only been able to finish it once. It just... bores me to tears. I've tried and I've tried and I just can't. The characters are boring, I didn't care about any of them. The translation was, um, less than stellar. And I thought the graphics were horrible. I played it when it first came out, and I thought they looked bad even then. The backgrounds and the fmvs were nice, but everything else? I remember seeing preview shots before the game came out and thinking "Why didn't they use the cute sprites?" XD I love the Turks, the final boss music, and the chocobo raising, but that's about it, and I don't get why people love this game so much.

I've played just about all of them, but my favorites are 4, 6, 8, and probably 10. I could play those over and over again. I really like the characters in FFXII, especially Basch and Ashe, but the storyline is too thin for me to call it a favorite. Once you get rid of the battling, there's not much left.

Micki Chiba
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Micki Chiba Send a message via MSN to Micki Chiba Send a message via Yahoo to Micki Chiba

Old 04-01-2008, 04:09 AM

My favorite Final Fantasy Games are Final Fantasy VI,VII,IX,X,V.

What got me hooked is Final Fantasy VI and my favorite charater is King Edgar of Figaro.

Nixieâ„¢
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-01-2008, 01:02 PM

Okay so finally ive found an FF topic x3.

Okay so my favourite games on FF are FF8,9,X,X-2,12

Ive completed all of these ones except no*12
I have favourite characters in all. And favourite GFS, Aeons etc.

My favourite character in FF8, is Selphie, because shes sweet, innocent and sometimes underestimated with her power and skills.
Personally when you train her up completely and properly and get 1000% compatability with all GF's on her shes awesome. Plus her special overdrive thingie is awesome.

My favourite GF for FF8 is Carbuncle because he is so cute.

My fave character for FF9 is Vivi because yet again his power is underestimated and hes just awesome especially when he learns all his powers and his HP goes up.
My favourite GF here is Alexander, because of his pretty wings.

My favourite character in X is Rikku because shes awesome shes also underestimated, but her steal, and Black magic is awesome. She really has alot of power when you use the sphere grid to make her powerful.
My favourite GF here is Bahamut, because hes awesome and has huge HP damage to other opponents.

My favourite character in X-2 is again Rikku, i like her this time round because she has an awesome personality and shes really funny. Also my favourite Dress sphere is that of Rikkus Machina Maw.
This when all abilities are learnt does some serious damage.

My favourite character in 12 is Penelo, i dont really have a reason but i like her boots XD.
And my favourite Esper in this is Adramalech o.O i have no reason either for me liking this Esper.

Basically im a huge FF fan and ive basically got every skill and all characters and GF's lvled to the max. Except from 12.

The only thing i dont like about 12 is the battle system. id prefer it if it was turn based again with a similar structure to that of FF8