Nephilem

Old 06-26-2016, 12:43 AM

Hello everyone! I wanted to bring this topic to light for my own benefit so I can maybe find some people out there whom enjoy this genre as much as I do. I've read so many series of the supernatural romance genre that some think it strange. lol anyway, what are some of the series you've read in this genre and whom might some of your favorite authors be?

My very favorite currently is the Imdalind Series by Rebecca Ethington. She's a very creative writer whom has given me tons of inspiration for writing my own stories.

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 07-26-2016, 11:09 PM

I enjoy most books, and I've read a few supernatural romance novels, like Twilight and whatnot. I've found a few kindle books that are kind of out there that are also good. Then there's a book called Bloodsucking Fiends that's a decent read.

CookieMonstahh
Ohai~ o3o

Old 10-09-2016, 11:57 AM

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion is absolutely my favorite book.

It's more philosophical than it is romantic, to be honest. It basically uses the romance as a metaphor for social commentary on modern life. The movie itself was pretty good but only shows the surface-level story, whereas the book goes into a lot of deep philosophy about modern society and what it really means to be alive.

It's... so good... T^T I love it.

Dakota
sassy and crafty

Old 09-01-2017, 05:55 PM

I too enjoy this genre, Lyndsay Sands is also a great author in this Genre

Eldweena
Gaming FFXIII-2

Old 09-30-2017, 11:07 PM

This year I read and loved "Beauty and the Clockwork Beast." It's marketed as a "steampunk romance," so it's set in Victorian times. The Beast, of course, is a werewolf, and he has a clockwork heart. Beauty is a botanist who is out to put an end to a special formula vampires are using to help them eat human food and to stay out in the sun. (To be honest, though, it seems like that is the next-best thing to a cure for vampirism and she should actually be *helping* them, not *preventing* them from using it...but the author treats vampires like the ultimate evil so I guess that's not conducive to her plot.)

The romance was a bit too risque for the times so it doesn't really sell itself as a Victorian romance to me, but I thought it was a fun, fast-paced, and unique book. I would recommend it.