Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-10-2008, 11:07 PM

38. Abandoned

"Why did you bring me with you?" Balkar asked, the edge to his voice making Shonasha wince, "I've obviously caused you a good deal of trouble and you knew I would, so why are you risking your lives to take me with you?"

Balkar watched the other man fiddle with a long strand of white hair as his amethyst eyes looked to the closed door where the other of their company, Heso, lay in sickness. "I suppose..." he said as he turned back, his eyes still searching as if trying to avoid Balkar, "I would have had to tell you eventually. We are returning you to your mother."

Balkar felt the hair on the back of his neck bristle. "My mother is dead, and my father too if you are going to mention him next." He said defensively.

"Now don't tell me, that you actually believed that couple that took care of you, that they were your real parents."

"Who do you think you are?" Balkar shouted, unintentionally rising to his feet, "You think just because you helped me in that dead place, because you managed to get me out of there, that you can say such awful things about my parents?"

"Your mother is Cato Hesoma, and was once the crown princess of all of Lupnia, I imagine she is queen now." Shonasha said softly, knowing that Balkar would quiet himself to listen.

"Liar! I am a peddler's son and nothing more!" He shouted, his hands balling into fists.

"You were an illegitimate child, and your father was Astinvere, ruler of all the wolflan clans. When you were born..."

"I'll not hear it!" Balkar spat at the other man.

"Listen to me!" Shonasha shouted back as he also stood to his feet, "You wanted to know and I'm telling you now listen" He said as he grasped the young man's shoulders, insuring he would listen, "When you were born your mother had you given to that kind couple so that you would live a happy life and that her father would not have you killed. She mourned you greatly, you here me?" Shonasha asked as Balkar looked away, "And when Lupnia was fell under siege by the Jagerians she was forced to leave and I promised her that I would bring you to her so that she would go and live. Do you understand?"

"She abandoned me"

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-10-2008, 11:31 PM

9. Cut

Shonasha shuffled through the ranks of dying men. He kept his pace slow and checked as if he were really answering the call that tug deep at his soul. Ignoring it left a muted pain in him, coursing across the etched blood lines that he could see on his forearms. But at the same time he was listening, and that lessened the pain in him. He was listening to that call, and going to his former master on the battle field.

It was surprisingly easy to navigate the field as he was. Much like how fleeing beasts can avoid the stationary trees and rocks in a stampede, the warriors fought around him. Lupnia's soldiers were ignorant of him while under onslaught, and the enchanted demons ignored him because of his marks that matched their own.

Finally he reached him. The demon stood proudly, decorated in no armor but his blazing insignia on a shield. And what would he need any other weighted protection for? Things were going far to well for him. His massive army had already been huge, but he had even turned the demon portion of the Lupnian army against themselves. Not to mention he had a goddess wrecking havoc on the field for him. Shonasha wondered if he could really turn the tables this way. Even if he could not, he would still get his revenge.

Totsu's face brightened as he noticed Shonasha coming across the hill. Shonasha gave himself up to the enchantment and his body went, unwilled, to the demon king. Totsu drew his sword, placing it an inch from Shonasha's exposed neck, "I wonder how you must feel now. Everything had gone against you favor now. Soon your god will be dead, and there will be nothing you can do." A smirk crossed his face.

Shonasha willed himself to bat the sword away from him. Even though eash step hurt, he stepped into Totsu's guard, willed his hands to grab the man's shirt and bury his face there. He felt Totsu lean back in surprise, his grip on his sword loosen.

"This is for everything," Before Totsu could have fathomed it, Shonasha's blade was plunged into his chest. He breathed out shallow breath that tasted of blood. Shonasha seemed incredibly far away now.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-11-2008, 02:41 AM

11. Memory

The oldest memories I have revolve around my mom, which have to be right before she died. I don't remember much of Alec when he was younger, I can only remember him as he is now, an adult and taking care of me. But those oldest memories are of my mom and even though their not the most vibrant ones of the whole bunch, their definitely the best.

She carried me everywhere, that's probably half the reason I'm as spoiled as I am today. Even though I can't describe it, I remember the smell of her. It came back every now and then, in my old house with Alec. I hardly ever get a whiff of it here with my dad. Every once in a while, it will come off him, when he remembers her too.

There's no face in my memories, I forgot what it looked like a long time ago. But every time she's there I know it, I can identify her. There's this air about her that stands out more than anything. Though I don't remember it for sure, I can tell that she was kind and compassionate. She wanted the best for my brother and I. And even though I hate the thought of it, she did love my father, there was no way she couldn't have, it was just the person that she was.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-11-2008, 03:16 AM

88. Pain

There had been a hardy celebration that night. It had been the two year anniversary of the Princess Cato and her foreign husband. The countries had made it two years bonded by that marriage, and by the enthusiasm of the banquet, it seemed that would not be ending soon.

Nimbus' head pounded from the after affects of too much drink and too much noise, enhanced by the brightness of the fire in his room being stocked. A hushed and delicate voice replied a "Thank You" before there were a few soft steps and the sound of a door closing.

The owner of the voice walked over towards him and by the grace of it, it could not be any soul but Shonasha, or his dead Elren wife back in the shape of one of his many dreams. But as the figure neared him and moved out of the shadow of the fire he saw that it was in fact the half-breed Shonasha and not his long gone wife.

"You're not really one to hold your drink are you?" Shonasha asked, softly but with an air of amusement as he placed a cool rag upon Nimbus' forehead and slipped a smile.

"It's very funny, but I try to avoid harsh drinking whenever I can," Nimbus said with a wince as he shifted in his chair and moved to adjust the rag. Finding Shonasha's hand still there he quickly returned his to his lap.

Shonasha did not seem to notice, "No, I imagine you wouldn't. Far to easy to lose control of yourself."

It seemed like a simple comment, but there was an air about it that Nimbus found unnerving. "Yes," he said in reply, "Yes it is."

"Nimbus I know what's wrong with you," Shonasha said suddenly, his eyes looking at Nimbus almost accusingly, "I did not make that offer during our joust because I thought you were merely interested in me. The fact is you cannot control your desires can you, you've some sort of incubus curse about you."

Nimbus' breath came out in a forced huff and he quickly turned away and got to his feet, shuffling away from the demon where he made his way to a tray of light drinks.

"You do not trust demons Nimbus, I assume that's because you've had a run in with one and things did not turn out to your advantage." The melodic voice had an air of mocking that played harshly in Nimbus' droning ears.

"Why are you doing this?" was his pained reply through a shot of the soothing liquid.

"You said there was no way you could ever trust a demon. Well I myself have suffered as well Nimbus. I've been tortured by my own incubus who calls himself the king of demons. The man I came here to escape. Knowing that, how is it possible for me to trust you? Angered and drunk as you are, and seeing your dead wife in me. How is it that I can trust you when you cannot even trust me?"

Nimbus threw his glass to the floor and was at Shonasha's neck before it crashed to the floor, "You can't"

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-12-2008, 10:03 PM

10. Breathe (continuation of Pain and Sport)

Shonasha let out a slow breath. He felt his throat constrict under the forceful hand as he swallowed, his mouth suddenly dry, "Calm down, your drunk."

Nimbus let out a frustrated laugh, the smell of bad wine wafted into Shonasha's face. "I believe you are the one that tempted me demon."

"You made a vow you are not keeping, what was I supposed to do? But by the looks of you, like this, that that vow is not the only you've broken." Shonasha peered into the young prince's crisp blue eyes, "What about your dead wive Nimbus?" It came out to accusingly. He knew that as soon as the bright eyes clashed and the grip on his neck tightened, squeezing out what air they still held.

"Don't you dare talk like you know anything demon. I've kept my vow to my wife. I will never love another woman as I love her."

"But of course that leaves every brothel boy open across the land huh?" Shonasha asked through a choke, "How convenient?" As the flash came back into Nimbus' eyes he quickly added, "But who can blame you, with a curse like yours?"

Nimbus loosened his grip on the demon's throat. Immediately he heard the air rushing into his gaping mouth. Lazily he lifted the other man's chin exposing the veins that ran through his neck, and beneath his fingertips felt the arteries quick-paced pump of blood. With his wide eyes, Shonasha seemed to much like some helpless animal, a rabbit who's weak neck could wring with an easy snap and be rid of him once and for all. "You offered youself to me in that bet, what's different now?"

Shonasha gave a breathless laugh, "I knew I was going to win."

Nimbus let go of the demon and stepped away, walking towards the fireplace, "You want trust but you're the least trustworthy person I've ever met."

"I thought offering my assistance in your little problem was a good idea." The demon said as he stood up, rubbing absently at his neck.

"I don't trust my lovers either,"

"Neither would I."

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-13-2008, 09:08 PM

11. Memory (continuation of Sport, Pain, and Breathe)

Nimbus rolled over as he tried to get more comfortable.

Shonasha eyed the prince's bare back and the array of pale scars that lines it. He traced one that ran up his shoulder and across his arm, "So how did you get all of these pretty scars?" Shonasha asked as he rested his head on the man's arm, trying to look at his face to gauge his mood. It was distant, and his eyes peered around the darkening room, searching for something Shonasha knew was not really there.

"You know," He said quietly with a peer out the corner of his eye at the demon, "You told me yourself what you thought happened."

"The incubus then," Shonasha said. "But how did that happen, how does the prince of the Lupnian continent get nabbed off of his own soil and stolen away to be affected like that?"

"I ran away." Nimbus said as he sat up so he could look at Shonasha, "My father made me angry so I ran away and hoped I would never see him again. He wouldn't have cared anyway, not if I'd never been seen again. What's an heir who can't...?" he stopped as Shonasha placed a finger against his lips.

The demon looked at seriously and asked with patience, "What happened to you?"

Nimbus placed a hand around the demon's hand and squeezed in tightly, enough to make the knuckles crack together, "Why are you so intent on digging up my painful memories. I'm done living as that young prince."

Shonasha tried to keep his face reserved, tried to keep it a mask. "It could answer some important questions. I don't think my people would have done it Nimbus." Hearing his name from the demon's lips made his grip loosen, he dropped Shonasha's hand and truly looked at his in questioning, "If I'm right, it could mean that the Lupnian's have an enemy other than Totsu."

Nimbus slid an arm around the demon's shoulder, wrapping his finger's in lengths of his white hair. He pulled Shonasha close to him and whispered with a dry laugh, "You came to my bed for this?"

A slim smile crossed Shonasha's perfect face, "I care"

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-13-2008, 11:30 PM

92. Rape (continuation of Sport, Pain, Breathe and Memory)

"I don't know who it was who took me." Nimbus said with a heavy sigh as he glanced at Shonasha out of the corner of his eye, "I was careless when I ran away, didn't know the things I know now. I built a fire in the woods and let it burn there while I slept. I walk up in the middle of the night and the fire had been stocked and there was a slew of people there. I was already bound and they knocked me out shortly after." Shonasha's lips moved to speak, "I already know what you're going to ask," He uninterrupted, "I didn't see a thing of my captors, they had my face shoved in the dirt and I never came to until I was on the ship."

Nimbus watched the thoughts running behind the demon's eyes, "A ship." he saw the words formed in his mouth, silently, "Then it couldn't have been the Elreen," Shonasha said.

Nimbus snorted, "I never thought it would be,"

Shonasha looked at the man through his eyelashes, "We have to examine every possibility. Do you know what kind of ship."

"I never saw the ship." Nimbus said flatly, I woke up in the hull. I knew it was a ship because of the movement of it, and I could hear the waves. But that's all I knew, I spent the whole time down there. And I couldn't see anything of it because they locked us in what seemed like a storage area. The whole thing was walled off and there were no windows."

"Us?" Shonasha asked timidly.

"Me and the succubus and incubus they locked me up with," Nimbus said, once again flat, as if the words were falling from his mouth like stones.

"Two?" Shonasha asked. He didn't look at Nimbus, just the number of stray clear lines that ran along his skin. He blinked back tears that clung to his lashes like glass beads.

But Nimbus was to caught in his own lack of emotion to notice. It was a stone in his heart and he was not going to let emotion flow back in there to soften the painful memories, "I was trapped with that pair for at least two weeks. They did what they were willed to do and I bore it for that long. I got food and water once a day that they usually spoiled. When we finally arrived in the Elreen country I was completely infected by their curse."

He let his words sink into the demon. From what Nimbus had heard, Shonasha had been through his own trials in his long life, but never something to this extent. When he grew tired of watching the firelight dance in Shonasha's eyes he spoke again.

"They tied a bag around my head and left me on the beach. I was so exhausted I passed out right there. The Elreen who found me said I slept for two days and he didn't even know how long I'd been there. Not a soul saw the ship that left me there."

He let himself trail off for a minute before turning back to the demon, "I don't know if I fell in love with my wife because of who she was or because of my curse, but she knew what I was and she loved me anyway. I think that's enough of the truth."

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-30-2008, 12:21 AM

28. Sorrow

Putnar slowly opened the door to his room, letting the light from the hallway filter in, casting his shadow on the floor. His eyes cast across the room where an envelope was laying on the side-table at the foot of his bed. He blinked slowly, not really taking in the sight, his mind still on what had happened that day.

Anthony.

Why did he have to resurface already. Putnar had had the whole summer to forget what had happened between them, and on the first day back to school he had returned to haunt him. And why of all people did Taylor have to be the one who brought it back up. She didn't know anything about it, she was isn't, he couldn't blame her; lash out.

As the thoughts ran through his head he closed the door behind him and walked over to his bed at the other side of the room. His book bag slipped from his shoulder and he walked out of his shoes before he reached the bed and flopped down on it.

Why Anthony?

Why had things have to go so bad between them?

He closed his eyes, remembering.

Anthony the sports star. Strong. Handsome. Kind. His smile. The way his blond hair glistened in the afternoon sun. Their secret meetings under the school bleachers. His strong embrace. The way he laughed. The feel of his lips.

Putnar's eyes snapped open. I can't be thinking about this. He told himself as he sat up with a jerk and threw open his desk drawer. There was a clatter and he dug through it's contents before pulling out a polished razor blade. I have to remember the bad.

With the edge of the blade held against his thumb he remembered what had happened at the end of the last school year, the day Anthony didn't show up when he said he would. On that day, with the setting sun's light filtering through the bleachers, Anthony's team of sport's stars and muscle heads had come out. "This was the one he was talking about, that fag that was following Anthony around?" The words rung like new in his ears.

That was before he had learned how to fight, before he needed to know how to fight. There had been raging voices, all shouting the lowest insults they could muster. It was a scuffle of spit, at some point dirt had been shoved in his mouth, and what ever had been living in it. Rotting trash from month old football games was there too with a stench that made him vomit. There had been pain to. Arms grasped at him, holding him back from the onslaught of punches and kicks in every place that it hurt. Knives grazed his skin and cut his clothes. But what had hurt the most was what the first of them had said, "This was the one he had been talking about, that fag that was following Anthony around." Anthony had betrayed him.

Putnar blinked back the tears that were burning down his cheeks. Somewhere in there he had dropped the razor, dripping with blood. He looked at his thumb, the ragged red mess that it was. No, he wouldn't remember the good from before, he would take that pain and would use it to make himself stronger. He would have his revenge.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-30-2008, 01:35 AM

74. Confrontation

She listened to the ringing on the other end of the line, almost hoping to herself that it wouldn't pick up.

"Gun control hot-line, how can I help you?" Replied a sudden voice from the receiver.

She swallowed hard, her mouth suddenly felt unbelievably dry. "A friend of mine is planning to kill someone today."

Putnar's footsteps were hard on the cement sidewalk. In his nearly empty book bag, he could feel the heavy revolver bouncing hard against his leg. Every time it happened he was sure someone would notice. It seemed idiotic that no one would. He almost hoped someone would notice, would stop him. But they didn't, Jeremy wasn't even there to tell him how stupid he was, bringing that thing to school, tempting himself to use it.

He was going to use it. That had been decided the weekend before when the shady man had pulled it from his coat and handed it to Putnar as he himself shoved the wad of bills into his pocket. Yes, Putnar was going to end this feud no matter what, no matter who got hurt in the process.

What he hadn't meant was for it to take so long. Every minute he spent in classes felt like hours. The looks sent his way all seemed suspicious, knowing. Every time a teacher passed him, he was sure they would notice the weight in his book bag, ask to search it. It had happened before. But in some ridicules turn of luck no one did, not the one day that it counted.

Then it was lunchtime. He was so distracted that he didn't even notice Taylor missing from their usual table. No, he walked straight passed it without seeing her empty space. He only sought out Anthony.

And he found him, in that secluded little walkway between the two buildings, two of his muscleheads standing like henchmen behind him. Putnar would remember that look on Anthony's face forever. Anthony knew as soon as he laid eyes on Putnar, saw the intention written behind that face just like he had always been able to do.

Putnar had the revolver out in one slick movement. He saw the other's faces turn white as they began to comprehend. A finger to his lips rendered them quiet, they knew he meant business.

"Do you intend to kill me Putnar. Surely you couldn't do that." Anthony said with his hint of arrogance that always meant he was bluffing.

"I'll try," Putnar said, trying to keep to his voice steady as he forced the words out, "And if I can't, then you'll have to deal with the weight of my death on your shoulders," He said as pointed the end of the gun to his head, "Surely you couldn't do that."

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-30-2008, 02:32 AM

79.Fuck

"Please you have to hurry!" She was crying into the receiver now. "I'm so sure someone is going to get hurt."

"Don't worry, I've notified the police, they're on their way."

Anthony's face changed when the barrel was pointed to Putnar's head. "What do you want Putnar? What do you want to happen now?"

"Tell them," Putnar said steadily. Relief washed over him as he realized he was in charge now. "Tell them what you did." He said, almost cocky now.

"What's he talking about Anthony?" One of the football players asked behind him.

Anthony swallowed, his face was white and he swallowed noticeably, his Adam's apple bobbing in his throat. "I don't kn.."

"Dammit Anthony don't you fuck with me!" Putnar yelled, the bullet's shifted in the barrel with an audible click. "Or maybe you want one of them to die because you left them in the dark?" He asked as he pointed the revolver towards the one who had spoken.

"Anthony!" The man shrieked, sweat glistened on his forehead as he stared back at the gun, not daring to look away.

"Putnar stop. I heard you, I understand!" Anthony said hastily, and yet still with that calm composure that Putnar hated so much at that moment. He took a step towards Putnar.

"Don't you come near me! I gave you an order!" Putnar shouted from behind the gun. His hands shook heavily. Could he do it?

"You don't need to do this Putnar. It's ok." Anthony said quietly, softly.

"Yes I do! It's not ok." Putnar said, blinking back tears that had formed when he heard those soft words. "Do you even know what you let them do to me? Do you have any idea?" His hand shook as Anthony stepped up to him, his forehead inches from the point of the gun. I can't do this.

Anthony easily batted the gun away, caught Putnar's face in his hands and kissed him. Putnar went blank, how long had it been since he'd felt that? Months? It felt like years. Somewhere there, he dropped the gun and tears welled in his eyes because he was happy that he did not have to use it after all.

Then it was over and Anthony was kicking the gun away. Somewhere there were police sirens blasting and students screaming in the courtyard. "Listen you two." Anthony said steadily he said as he stared past Putnar, his hands grasping the young man's arms tightly. "Before the police get here and all is thrown to hell I'll admit it. I was seeing Putnar secretly. Ever since that party where this all began, I was meeting with him...loving him. I don't know if I was curious, or if it was real, but when Sam saw us together that one day I couldn't think of anything else to do. Despite what had been between us, I was scared of losing the life I had, and I set him up, and told you guys to beat the shit out of him. Putnar, I'm sorry I let things get this way, but it's true that I love my way of life more than I could ever love you. I hope that you can at least forgive me for the things that I let happen to you. It'll be better if we just pretend it never happened, and you just forget me."

"How can I forget you? When it came to this?" Putnar asked.

The police stormed into the passage, their guns aimed for them all. Shouts were ordered and more men filed. They took up positions, poised for any hostile movemeny.

"When I loved you?"

On the floor of an empty classroom, a girl sat by a hanging receiver and cried.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-28-2008, 04:28 AM

77. Testament :Continuation of Foreign

As their horses clopped quietly on the beaten path, the young woman turned her sapphire eyes to the demon riding beside her. He quiskly noticed and humored her with a glance in her direction, "Yes my lady? What's bothering you. We'll make it out on time I assure you,"

Cato gave a smile and looked away, placing a hand to her lips in hesitation, "It's not that my lord," she replied out of habit, "But that woman, the Illian, why were you so cold to her?"

At once she knew that it was not something he wanted to answer. The demon gave an audible sigh and shook his head in frustration, "That woman," he said slowly as he pieced together his words carefully, "Her and her people hold an incredible gift to be able to see into the future." He looked at Cato, fixing her with his amythyst gaze, "But what they do is wrong. Their god-given powers are not something to peddle on the streets, or something to be told to anyone. It is the role of the Illian to observe the passing of time and the coming events and simply know it. To tell it to normal men, it is a crime worse than any."

The young princess shook her head, "I'm sorry, I just don't understand. The world can only benefit from knowing what will come to pass. If people can see the danger ahead of them than they can change it, they can improve their situation and make their lives better. How is that a problem?"

"Your highness," Shonasha said carefully, "Do you have Illian in your country?"

She thought breifly and quickly shook her head, "No, I would say not."

"There you have it then. The burden of the future is something even Luphana does not want his people to bare. If it would truly make the lives of mortals better, then I am sure he would tell you all. But he hides it because he knows the damage that it can do." Shonasha looked away for a moment, watching the trees as they passed, "To tell the future to any normal mortal is a curse on those who do it. Those wandering Illian that you saw, live under the impression that they have left behind their own homes and lived forever wandering because they chose it. That is not the reason. The reason they can never live side by side with us as we do is because they have broken the vow their spirits made at birth and now they are cursed."

"Shonasha" Cato said with a sad look, "How do you know? How can you possibly know what those who have that power don't even know?"

"Because I knew a man with that power once," He replied, his face grave as he spoke, "He withheld my fortune from me in order to protect me, but he has been cursed since he was a child for releasing his knowledge to his brother, the man who now sits on the throne of my country; our enemy."

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-28-2008, 04:53 AM

83. Heal :Continuation of Break

I write to you know with the intention of perhaps fixing somewhat of what I have broken between us. First I must admit, that I know what I did was not wrong and that, if the chance were to pass between us again, I would save you again, one hundred times over.

You want to know why I never warned you of what was to come, why I never told you that our king, the true and greatest king our nation has ever known in years had to die the night of his inauguration. It is simply this: I could not.

How unfair you might say. How could you not make an exception for the one man I had ever loved and had truly loved me back? (As I have and still do) Shonasha, I would never ask you to bare the curse of what I know, for it is a curse. There is no kindness in knowing the events that will come to pass in a person's life simply by looking at them. I knew this more than ever when I first laid my eyes on you. I learned of what we would have together, but also what you would have to suffer, and still do now. Maybe you remember those first years you came to the manor, though I would forgive you for trying your best to forget the, but I will remind you that I was always near. Maybe I could not reach out and touch as I longed to, to rip you from my brother's grasp and release you like a captured dove. I was there though, and my thoughts were always turned towards your future, watching for any event that may turn the events and alleviate your pain.

You may remember the death of Lady Crilian. Yes, there was more pain in that death to you, but it released you in the end did it not? The moment she arrived I knew, but I let Totsu kill her and frame the crime to you all because I knew in the end that it would free you. You may be disgusted with me for I truly am her murderer but I hope more than anything that you can at least live with my confession to you. Everything I have done since I first met you, has been to move you forward and let you survive so that you may one day be happy and live in peace. I am atoning for the sins of my past in the only way I know how.

I want to repent for the things that I have led my brother to do. I said this foresight was a curse and I will prove to you that it is, if only to make you believe me, even if you will hate me until the day that I die. When I was a child, when my brother and I were children we were the sons of forest demons in a simple tribe living on the mountains. Despite what my teachers warned me of my gift, I looked into my brother's future and saw my brother seated on a throne. I led him away from the village and we killed two son's of the Lord Tsinigani and took their places. Living since then we have promoted ourselves to be his favorites and to forget the past that we left behind.

I have guilt since then. Our tribe was massacred by a rouge Shieto clan and I learned of it's horrors from an only survivor. When the man recognized me I spat in his face and had him thrown out. Since then my brother has been ever moving towards that single image of himself on a thrown and he has taken advantage of my curse to get there.

So I leaved you to blame me for every wrong that has ever occurred in your life. Every one is because of my mistake in breaking that sacred law, that I am the watcher and not the teller. I simply want you to believe me when I say that I have been trying ever since then to repent for it. Maybe I did not tell you that Murasaki was to die, but I think it is evident that one can never expect what a simple action can cause to occur in the future.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-03-2008, 06:12 AM

76. Broken: Continuation of Mother.

"I've seen it happen before," Her mother's voice lilted softly by her, cutting through the tension in the room like knife, "Young bodies rejecting the babes. Her body wasn't ready for the strain of being a mother, but she'll be alright."

Cato lowered her head, looking at her pale fingers shaking in her lap. She heard Leo breath a sigh, a sad and depressed sound, before his tan fingers enveloped her own. She rested her head on his waiting shoulder and cursed herself in her mind. How could she have been so unfaithful to him? Now she was lying to him as her healthy baby son was taken away to some home where hopefully no one would see the resemblance.

How was he going to live? How was she going to make sure he was alright when she didn't even know where he was? How could she have been so foolish as to fall for Astinvere those many months ago when it had all began. She held back a sob and breathed, "I'm a terrible wife to you."

A strong arm wrapped around her and she felt Leo shake his head. "Don't say that Cato. It's not your fault, none of this is your fault."

She hated herself and for once, she hated Astinvere too.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-03-2008, 06:37 AM

(Language warning)
58. Kick in the Head

"Have I told you how cute I think you are?"

"Only a million times," Putnar said with a small laugh before quickly adding, "And I'm not cute."

"Well I think you are," Soda said with a smile. His hands tugged playfully at the color of Putnars shirt, "So do you...?"

A chorus of heavy metal rock tunes surged from the other room. "Oh! My phone." Putnar said with slight embarrassment. When Soda didn't move he added, "I should probably get that."

Soda let the other man go with a sigh and watched him disappear into the other room. The music ended with a click and Putnar's confused "Hello?" There was a disturbingly long pause and then Putnar choked out, "Anthony?"

If Soda had not been listening before he was then. He knew that name, the name of the prick that had hurt Putnar so much before he had finally been brought here, the very reason that Putnar was here.

"How did you..." Putnar went on softly, "Yeah, well of course but I was just wondering how you got my number. No, really I do..." He paused, "I do miss you."

At that point he couldn't stand it any longer and Soda crossed into the other room and snatched the phone from Putnar, "Sorry there you little sh*t but I'll be disconnecting you now,"

"What?" Was the reply through the receiver, "Who the hell is this."

"Let's just say I'm Putnar's new big brother and I don't much appreciate past annoyances trying to throw themselves back into his life for another go."

"Who do you think you are? You don't know anything!" Anthony yelled angrily from across the line.

"You can think that but I know everything. He told me all about what you did to him you son of a b*tch. I'll tell you now that if I ever catch you calling this phone again I'll personally hunt you down and bust your *ss! Am I clear?"

"What the...?"

"Good." Soda snapped the phone shut and through it on the couch. He looked to Putnar who was sitting on the other side of the room in a daze, "I'm buying you a new phone."

Putnar looked up, "Huh?"

"I don't want that prick calling you and messing up your life anymore."

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-10-2008, 06:20 AM

91. Drown

Prompt: Hard to Breath
Note: I haven't done much writing on this particular story. Today I decided to finally think about it, and this is what I've got. It's kinda in the middle, so it probably won't make sense.

Balkar was glad that he had woken before Shonasha and Heso and gone into the Elreen city, now housing the ruined population of Lupnia. He was glad he had seen for himself what was waiting there for him, and was able to make up his mind without the bantering of his demon companions.

He had known her as soon as she saw her. He had never seen her before, but something in him knew. Something in him told him that she was his mother. That had made it hurt all the more.

After traveling for weeks from the wreck of that abandoned city he had found her only to find that he had been replaced. He had watched her walking in the grassy fields and had seen the young boy she led by the hand. He had seen his brother, his replacement. It was in that very moment, when he felt his chest constricting from the hurt and bitter tears blinded him, that he decided what he would do. He was going to make himself worthy of her love once more. Even if he had to destroy the entire Jagerian race by himself he would make up for the illegitimacies of his birth and make her love him again.

-
Cato looked up just in time to see that black haired youth turn away. The sun beat down in a strong glare, that shone of a sword slung at his waist, a sword she recognized.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-10-2008, 06:35 AM

37. See (Continuation of Drown)

Shonasha woke to find Balkar gone. His bed roll was missing, as were his pack as horse. The trampled trail of grass that he had left behind clearly showed his route to the Elreen city where they had been heading for such a long time. The demon sighed before leaning over to his companion.

"He's ok," Heso said. He was laying on his side, facing the other way, but Shonasha knew that the man's eyes were now very far away, looking into the ever approaching future, "He'll be back soon and then we'll be on our way on another hapless adventure."

"You could have warned me that he was going to be gone. It gave me quite a shock." Shonasha said with a slight huff.

Heso sat up and gave the man a smile, his eyes now their normal crimson, "You should have told me what traveling half a continent was really like. Are you sure you did all this when you were younger?"

"As sure as you are that we're off to travel it even further." Shonasha replied raked a hand through his white hair, now dull from their long travels. "Of course he couldn't let us slip into the city for just a few hours. We could use some supplies and I'd kill for a hot bath."

"It's the way of young men to strike out on adventure. And don't fuss, you look lovely."

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-14-2008, 03:26 AM

36. Precious

"I know who you are," The wild girl said leaning across the unused table, propping herself up so he was forced to look up into her amber eyes, "You are the son of Astinvere."

Balkar stared back at her, uncomprehending.

She hefted herself off the table, kicking on of the chairs out of the way before she began stalking across the room. Her movements were unnatural to her human form as she moved close to the floor. Long legs pulled her across the room faster then he would have thought someone could get as they crawled. She slinked away to the other side of the room where she pulled open a large chest. She peered over her shoulder, "Come here."

Balkar rose cautiously from his seat and walked across the room, his hand remained on his sword, weary of anything that might happen.

From the chest she had pulled out a length of white fur that she held close to her, her own unnatural honey hair showed vibrantly next to it, "I know you're his son," she said as she took in a deep breath, "You smell the same."

Slowly she pulled herself to full height, stopping only a short moment as her knees unbent, as if it hurt. She swung the fur around his shoulders, resting an old wolven head over his own like a hood. "These skins were once as common as my race, but the Jagerian have destroyed all but a few remaining. Astinvere was always our pack leader, even when he married the human," She looked away shortly, "You are his son, it is your place to wear it."

"Thank you."

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-19-2008, 04:07 AM

65. Horrorific

Jeremy was surprised to hear his phone ring. It was still early evening, too early for anyone to be calling to go anywhere. He let the the jazzy tune play through once before finally picking it up, "Hello?"

"Jeremy?" A forced reply came from the other side, barely understandable. "I need you...to come pick me up." The voice was slow, nearly a whisper, and ended in a painful sounding wince.

"Putnar?" Jeremy near yelled, "Where are you?"

"At that place, that place I told you about." He said carefully, as if it hurt, "Could you hurry, I-I think they might come back."

"I coming Putnar" Jeremy reassured him as he ran to fetch his keys and shove himself into a jacket, "Keep talking me ok? I'll be there soon just stay with me!"

"I don't think...my head hurts...think I'll take..a nap." Putnar said weakly through long pauses.

"Wait Putnar!" The repetitive beeps of a disconnection echoed in his ear. He cursed under his breath as he got into the car, throwing his cell phone into the other seat. He knew something like this was going to happen eventually, why did he have to be right?

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-19-2008, 04:53 AM

47. Dirt (Continuation of Horrific)

Jeremy ducked as stepped underneath the school bleachers. Trash was scattered around and it smelled of old stadium food. It had served it's purpose in that way at least, no one would have thought to look down there for anyone. "And yet they did," Jeremy said to himself as he remembered Putnar's voice on the phone "I think they might come back" He quickened his search.

He found Putnar just beneath the second set of bleachers, laying face down in the grass, his phone still in his hand. He was literally a mess. Dirt covered his face and his clothes were torn and covered in grass stains. As Jeremy came to lean beside him, he realized that he smelled like worse. He instinctively covered his nose. "What did those bastards do to him?"

Beyond the bleachers he could hear the football team practicing. As he looked up he caught Anthony run by on the track, "I wonder if he even knows you're down here."

Jeremy lifted Putnar to his back and carried him to his car. For the while he was silent except for his breathing until Jeremy started the car.

Putnar touched the window he was leaning on oddly and pushed off, blinking at it in confusion.

"Don't worry Putnar I'm taking you to the hospital." Jeremy said as he reached gear shifter.

"No..no, no..you're n-," He started coughing suddenly, "You got any water?" He said throw the fit. Before he could reach to get any Putnar scrabbled to open the door and retched onto the pavement.

"Here" Jeremy said, tossing the bottle into Putnar's lap, "Now close the door. I'm taking you to the hospital now."

"No you're not" Putnar shouted back, grabbing Jeremy's hand as he went to change gears,"You take me there, they're gonna ask me questions. They'll wanna know everything! I'll have to tell 'em everything. I feel like a freak of nature enough, I don't want the rest of the school to know about it..or my brother."

Jeremy sat for a long time, trying to figure out what to do. He wanted to hit himself when he finally said, "What do you want me to do?"

Putnar was relieved, he loosened his grip enough that Jeremy could feel that his hand was actually shaking, "Call my brother and tell him we're going to a party. I call him later and tell him I got wasted and I'm staying at your place. I sound it don't I?"

Jeremy tried to force a smile but he wasn't convinced. How could Putnar be so calm about this? Wasn't he angry, scared, wasn't he hurt at all? The only other person that knew Putnar was going to be there was Anthony, because that was where they met. Didn't Putnar understand? Anthony had betrayed him.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-20-2008, 06:16 AM

80. Words

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"

Putnar stepped out into the sun shine and quickly made his way to the rail. It was three stories up, taller then his old school. It's roof however was one of the few things he liked about it.

"I see you've already figured out how to get up here, new kid."

Putnar turned around to look at the young man who had spoken. Of all the students Putnar had seen, this one seemed to belong here the least. Despite the tidiness of his uniform, his hair was fashioned into a three inch high moehawk dyed in cotton candy blue. He wore a collection of metal bracelets around his wrist and dangerous looking black boots peeked out from beneath the hem of his pants.

"Did you have a roof at your old school or are you just good at looking for trouble?"

"I was just trying to get away for a little while." Putnar said, not meeting the other man's eye.

"Man, don't tell me you're one of those kid's," He said with a huff, "You were quiet in class but I figured that was just because you were new, now you want to get away. Just do me a favor next time, if you're gonna come up here to mope about your situation then come up a different stairwell because I don't want to hear your emo crap."

"But, I didn't even say anything!" Putnar shouted.

"Nonsense kid, the truth is written all over your face. You've got that self pitying look, not to mention your hair. If your life is so bad then do something about it. If it fails, then you can come talk to me."

Putnar's face burned with shame, but he wasn't about to take the demands of some guy he didn't know, and one who obviously didn't know anything. He walked to the opposite side of the door from the young man and sat down. He wasn't leaving just yet.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-21-2008, 01:22 AM

53. Desecrate

Every morning was signaled with a billow of smoke rising on the western horizon. Through the cracks of the broken Lupnian wall Shonasha could just see the specks of burning flame burning in the distance. It ate away hungrily at the Wolflan Forest. Each day the Jagerians burned it a little more and let the flames exhaust themselves, which sometime took late into the evening.

Every morning he watched another piece of that magnificent forest lit to flames before the Jagerians strolled into their encampment, their prison, and woke them all for the days work. Sometimes Heso was there too, watching on with his silent vigil, neither commenting or offering some words of hope. Shonasha sometimes wondered if it was because there were none and that that entire forest was doomed to burn to the ground and the once proud Lupnian race slaughtered as they scattered.

The Jagerians had ruined everything that had once been good about the city. Buildings lay crumbled and waste littered the streets. Even the once proud palace had been reduced from it's former glory. The gardens browned with neglect.

Then their were her people. Lupnians dressed in rags toiled under the sun to dismantle their once beautiful home. They slaved under the whips of the Jagerians and starved on the scraps they were fed. It was awful. They had desecrated all of it.

Shonasha remarked to Heso one morning as he watch the billowing cloud of smoke reach for the heavens, "It's different on this side. When I returned to the manor all those years ago, and saw how decayed it had become, I was so happy. But looking at it now, I was just laughing in the face of people like these wasn't I?" He asked with a gesture towards the still sleeping Lupnians.

"You have to remember," Heso said, for once speaking his thoughts, "That one place, no matter how horrible it is for one person, is another one's home."

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-21-2008, 02:07 AM

69. Annoyance (Continuation of words)

Putnar continued to go up to the roof for lunch. He didn't no why, but every day he found his feet taking him to that stairwell, to that one spot on the roof. Soda was always there. At first he was surprised to see Putnar up there, but after a while, he didn't even look anymore, just sat in his spot by the door and looking out into no where. They never talked, just sat and ate or looked out over the side of the building.

Whenever Putnar made to talk, cleared his throat or looked in Soda's direction, the other man would look away. He didn't want to talk to Putnar, he made that clear. Putnar couldn't help trying, and one day he gave up all constraint.

"You're a hypocrite you know that." Putnar snapped, breaking the silence and their daily routine.

"Excuse me?" Soda said, not really paying attention.

"You complain about me coming up here to be by myself, but you haven't had one person up here all this time. Where are all your friends?"

"They don't have lunch at the same time as me and," He said turning to face Putnar, "I like my peace and quiet,"

Putnar was quiet again, the silence fell over them like a blanket before finally added, "I think you look lonely, that's why I always come up here."

Soda didn't speak, after that he didn't speak for a long time.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-21-2008, 03:39 PM

36. Holding Hands

Putnar stopped in the street, making Soda stop and look back at him, "Um...I was wondering, if I could hold your hand." Putnar said, feeling foolish for it.

"Is that all you wanted?" Soda said with a small laugh that made Putnar blush with embarrassment, "Here" he said as he walked over and took Putnar's hand in his own, "You just do it anytime you want, you don't have to ask."

He had never noticed how much he had been missing from his relationship with Anthony. He never would have let Putnar hold his hand, especially not in public. They had always met in secret, never let anyone know what they had. Putnar leaned his head against Soda's shoulder as they walked.

"What's wrong?" Soda asked.

"Nothing. This is great, I'm so happy."

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-21-2008, 03:54 PM

92. Tree Engraving

Looking back, there I things I wish I could have changed. I wished that I would have been able to save our King, or that he could have been a different person. Being the man of power that he was, always hurt him because there was only one thing he wanted, to be with his apple maiden.

The night he died, the night he was murdered, I never got a chance to see what it did to her. I had been sent out by Heso to escape into the night and I didn't go back to that place for years. It wasn't until Totsu was dead and the war in Lupnia was long over, that I had the courage to go back to that place.

It was different. With the leader, the people had gone back to their humble living arrangements and the capital had been left to disintegrate. While the palace was nearly unrecognizable from the strains of Tostu's rule, I did find something familiar there. An apple tree grew in the courtyard, in greater a size then I had ever seen. It's branches reached in the windows of the palace and it's roots pulled up the mosaics Totsu had had placed there in his own honor. I remembered it had been a gift for the king from his common lover, a single apple seed, planted to show their engagement. I took my knife, and carved their names into the trunk, in hopes that they were together somewhere.

When I returned to Heso's side, he only smiled, silent as ever.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-22-2008, 04:48 PM

55. Love Letter

Murasaki only ate apples from one place. He didn't take them from the family kitchen, but wanted them only from a little shop at the edge of town. Not only that but he wanted them personally delivered every time from a single basket that traveled back and forth from the shop to his room in the castle.

He waited on the basket of apples from the moment I left to the second it reached his fingertips. It was all because of a single letter that graced the bottom of the basket every single time. They were love letters, passed back and forth from a basket laden with the finest apples in the shop.

It was a helpless love between a prince and a simple town girl, and yet the letters flowed back constantly, never faltering. It made me wonder how it started. Who sent the first letter, and why? What single sight prompted them to this action? I never asked, it being none of my business. When it was time to carry the letter though, I did. A whole hearts worth of love packed in the bottom of a wicker basket.