Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 05-19-2012, 11:16 PM

BOOKS. ALWAYS BOOKS.
I have some summer reading you can do.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-19-2012, 11:22 PM

I might be doing some summer reading. I saw a couple books I wanted. I love to read. ^^

keres corvax
Dirt Girl Dita
Penpal
Send a message via ICQ to keres corvax Send a message via AIM to keres corvax Send a message via MSN to keres corvax Send a message via Yahoo to keres corvax

Old 05-19-2012, 11:41 PM

I have books, I just have been neglecting at sitting down to read them.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-20-2012, 05:18 PM

Recently I redeveloped an obsession with books.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 05-20-2012, 07:01 PM

School is almost out for me. Just a few more weeks, a test, and I'll be free for the summer~ As for books, however, I'm not going to be avoiding those, considering I'm going to be writing one. XD I undertook a crazy writing challenge to write a novel in a month (which I have done before, just not in the summer)(It's actually being run twice this summer, in June and in August)(So I'm going to try for both)(Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm insane XD).

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-20-2012, 07:12 PM

LOL, I love how you have four sets of parentheses at the end of that sentence.

I can't work by time limits. Mistakes pop up every few seconds, and I'm just slow. But the result is very good!

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 05-20-2012, 07:43 PM

I am free from college still mid August. :) I just have to register for classes in June and see if I need to straighten out my financial Aid. :-/

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 05-20-2012, 09:20 PM

@Amane - XD Yeah. I got a little parenthese-happy. Even if that isn't a word. I've never really been able to finish something unless I have a set deadline and a way to keep track of my progress. That's why I do these insane writing challenges. That and the fact that my ideas keep crowding up the think tank in my head, and I can't concentrate on anything else on occasion. XD

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-20-2012, 09:28 PM

The singular of parentheses is parenthesis. :)
Even if I know an idea is bad, it stays in my head until I write it out.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 05-20-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Biggles View Post
BOOKS. ALWAYS BOOKS.
I have some summer reading you can do.
YEs, that is true. And now I can read for fun now. Yay!

---------- Post added 05-20-2012 at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADFND View Post
School is almost out for me. Just a few more weeks, a test, and I'll be free for the summer~ As for books, however, I'm not going to be avoiding those, considering I'm going to be writing one. XD I undertook a crazy writing challenge to write a novel in a month (which I have done before, just not in the summer)(It's actually being run twice this summer, in June and in August)(So I'm going to try for both)(Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm insane XD).
You are talking about NaNoWriMo. It's perfectly possible, I've done it twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyCollinsDeArc View Post
I am free from college still mid August. :) I just have to register for classes in June and see if I need to straighten out my financial Aid. :-/
I forgot people at other schools sign up for classes months before. :XD My school you often can't know for sure until mini-classes often.

~Black Petals~
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairywaif View Post
School is out for many of us! And now I have time to come back to Mene, just in time for the event. Anyone avoding exams or free from them now?
I wouldn't say I avoided my exams, as it was inevitable to do so if I wanted to pass xD but the thought of doing so would lift a bundle of stress for the month :3
Luckily, I'm over with exams and pretty much need to occupy my summer with some recreation or work. :)

keres corvax
Dirt Girl Dita
Penpal
Send a message via ICQ to keres corvax Send a message via AIM to keres corvax Send a message via MSN to keres corvax Send a message via Yahoo to keres corvax

Old 05-21-2012, 02:34 PM

I come to give your thread some love *sweeps floors*

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-21-2012, 02:40 PM

Every time I see this thread title, I get sad because I'm a teacher and I love books. :cry:

*runs away sobbing*

Last edited by Knerd; 05-21-2012 at 02:42 PM..

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 05-21-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd View Post
Every time I see this thread title, I get sad because I'm a teacher and I love books. :cry:

*runs away sobbing*
It's ok, Knerd... we still love you. :heart: At least Bart Simpson isn't here to say things to you. ^_^; I think he said that once. :P

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-21-2012, 04:04 PM

aw, poor Knerd.
:hug:
we loves ya, teach!
*leaves a shiney apple for Knerd*

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-21-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyCollinsDeArc View Post
It's ok, Knerd... we still love you. :heart: At least Bart Simpson isn't here to say things to you. ^_^; I think he said that once. :P

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-21-2012, 04:58 PM

lol, guess we do need us some teachers.
:P

The Real Nikki
One more time to Pretend.
Send a message via MSN to The Real Nikki

Old 05-21-2012, 10:10 PM

As a teacher, I'm super excited for this year to get over too!! I know I have summer school coming up, but it's not every day and my class is a whole lot smaller. I just want to lay in the sun and forget about all those brats haha

Also, I didn't know you were a teacher, Knerd! What do you do?

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-21-2012, 10:15 PM

I'm only substituting right now, but I'm a certified 7-12 social studies teacher. Tis the season for sending out resumes, so hopefully I'll be permanently teaching somewhere by September. :yes:

What do you teach, Nikki? Are you also in high school?

The Real Nikki
One more time to Pretend.
Send a message via MSN to The Real Nikki

Old 05-21-2012, 10:23 PM

I work at a private school as an extended care teacher, basically a fancy way of saying babysit the preschoolers before and after school, and do paperwork/recess duty in the middle of the day.

I was getting my education degree, so I could be a real preschool teacher, but I've been pretty lazy about it. Plus I'm scared of losing my job if I go back to school. I'd rather be an assistant than to have real responsibility.

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-21-2012, 10:28 PM

Ah, preschool - All the more power to you. Those little buggers are too young for me. Even fifth graders are too young for me. :lol:

I don't know how it works in your state, but New York has a lot of incentives to allow TAs and assistants to get their degree while still working full time. Lots of colleges here even employ experienced workers in their campus during the day in order to off-set the cost of their credits at night school. Hopefully you'll be able to find some sort of system that works for you whenever/if you're ready to get a degree. Never know what you'll find! :yes:

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 05-21-2012, 11:23 PM

Amane: Ah, I see. :D I didn't know.

A lot of my ideas don't start out having much to them, and don't really until I've been working with them for a long time. >w> What I really love is that the ideas can grow, even if they start out being... not so good. XD

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-21-2012, 11:36 PM

@CAD: I know, right? I get a lot of great ideas at random from weird thoughts or small things I notice. When I start working with them, I see a few problems, but if I can work them out the result is really cool. My writing skill just can't do it justice yet. :lol:

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 05-22-2012, 12:06 AM

I'm done with the spring semester. My summer semester started today. I have one class which is online. He hasn't put the course up yet on blackboard though. XD If it isn't up by tomorrow night, then I will email him. XD Then I have two classes for the fall semester. I still need to fill out my FAFSA...just too lazy to do so... *sigh*

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-22-2012, 12:35 AM

Hi, Terrena! :glomp: