Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-20-2012, 09:56 AM

I cannot get over just how expensive life is here in Europe. My first was when I changed 20 american dollars and only got back 14.30 Euro in the Canary Islands. Yea i know, I got screwed. A coke was 3 Euros! 16 ounce. I know they are touristy places, but when I finally arrived in Rome Italy, I stayed at M&J Hostel and got a room and paid 90 Euros per night! The bathroom was out of order 0_o

But since i was not prepared I had to take it. So many illegal immigrants in europe pushing things to sell you that you do not want and will not take no for an answer! the government in Italy is so messed up. Unemployement is almost as bad as it is in Spain... I really wonder how these people live!

The Euro seems to be falling due to the Greek crisis, but I am realizing really fast I be struggling here.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 05-21-2012, 01:51 AM

Sounds tough...

Algas Soleado
Defender of Green Things

Old 05-21-2012, 12:19 PM

Aren't they probably going to drop Greece from the Euro?
By the way, I'm from Texas. I think I'm lucky that Houston has one of the lowest costs of living. Like I think housing here is extremely low. But our economy doesn't suffer for it as far as I know.
I've never actually been to Europe but your experience does sound pretty bad.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 05-21-2012, 03:47 PM

I heard gas is pricey there too. :( At least I know what to expect if I ever go to a few countries in Europe. :S

I thought living in Florida was expensive. Then there's other states where the cost of living is even more expensive. :-/

Algas Soleado
Defender of Green Things

Old 05-21-2012, 08:48 PM

Gas is pricey in europe because of the taxes. America has insanely low taxes for a developed country. We have some of the lowest.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-21-2012, 08:52 PM

gas is crazy expensive.
unfortuately we are catching up with the high prices.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-22-2012, 06:52 PM

Yes, I would not dream of driving in this country where everyone drives like a maniac. Well funny little story. I went to the pizzeria across from my grandmothers to buy a burger fries which said... hamburger e patatine... 3.50 Euro which they spoke English so we confirmed that was the price then some other guy said fries were extra raising the price to 5. I was not too happy although I disguised my discontent and just told them I was confused. Well needless to say I wont be buying pizza there anymore. They have new owners there than last time when I was there. It's the principle of the matter for me not the money really although I must say holding on to it is hard when a coke is 2.5 euro awhich is like almost 3.5 US.

I met some friends from Houston on the cruize I was on, I hear a lot of good things about how Texas is fast becoming a very cultural state.