EirianHikari
MissSweetViolet

Penpal

Old 05-20-2012, 10:13 PM

Welcome to the Starlight Tavern Spring Fling Party!

My sister GwenaHikari and I welcome you to the Tavern! Here at the Starlight Tavern, we're a casual role play thread, there is no need for a profile, just join in! Just write yourself in and out of the role play as needed! All levels of role players are welcome, although we will never fault anyone for making a mistake (we all make them), please do your best to make your grammar and punctuation as good as possible.

Rules (because you know we have to have some)

1. Follow Menewsha's rules please.
2. No God/Mary/Gary Sue characters please.
3. No killing other people's characters without their permission or controlling other people's characters.
4. Keep it PG 13 please. No cussing or inappropriate content.
5. Fighting is ok, but please keep the gore in your description to a minimum.
6. No Yaoi/Yuri please.
7. Your character can be anyway you want, but please be nice to others in your ooc (out of character) chat. If you have a problem with someone please work it out in PM.
8. Have fun!

The setting

The Spring Fling party has started at The Starlight Tavern, one of the finest taverns in Menewsha. From the outside you see rich dark wood siding, with light blue trimmed windows and door, hanging just about and to the side of the door, you see the sign. It has a 4 point star carved on it with a ST engraved in the middle. It hangs from a beautiful wrought iron bar. Everything is covered in spring colored flags and streamers, there's a lovely banner out with big pastel letters saying "Spring Fling Party" with cute little chicks, bunnies, and flowers painted on it.

You venture inside, where you see lovely light blue walls with beautiful wood accents near the ceiling. There's a bar on one wall with various wines and spirits, even fruit juices and sodas for those preferring non alcoholic beverages. Everything decked out with pastel streamers, banners, and there's flowers and potted trees all around.

Two Elven ladies stand at the bar. One has very pale blonde hair and bright green eyes, the other is pink haired with red eyes. both are very fair skinned. The tavern owners Eirian and Gwena Hikari welcome you warmly upon entering.

I'll start us off. ^^

Eirian was going about her usual cleaning, making sure all the last minute prep was done for the party. "Maybe this time the Mayor will stop in" Eirian thought quietly to herself as she put out a plate of fresh mixed berries on the rich cherry wood bar counter. "There! I think that does it." Eirian said as she moved across the room and turned the sign to open.

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 05-20-2012, 10:22 PM

Gwena sat eating cake, she didn't like the cake much it seemed kinda hard. Hard cakes were so, so. At least she had some ice cream or so she thought, Gwena looked down to see Yumeh had snuck in and ate it! Gwena chased him off and than sat back down to an empty plate & missing cake.

Last edited by GwenaHikari; 05-20-2012 at 10:29 PM..

~Black Petals~
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2012, 11:32 PM

Petals entered the tavern with a jingle of bells as the door opened. She looked around and saw a young girl eating a piece of cake and suddenly her tummy growled loudly....Well, that's embaressing.

Kin-Akari
Pheonix Lover

Old 05-20-2012, 11:41 PM

Kin strode in the door just as Yumeh made a hasty exit. Looks like he's been eating a pastry. She looked back up towards the bar on the other wall. She could see the lady at the bar staring dejectedly at an empty plate. Kin walked over to her and gave her a bright smile. "Hi! I'm Kin. What's making you blue?" she asked the lady.

EirianHikari
MissSweetViolet

Penpal

Old 05-20-2012, 11:42 PM

Eirian was checking on all the stuff she had put, when she noticed someone had stepped in. Eirian was so occupied she hadn't even heard the bells on the door. Eirian walked up to her, "Hello, and welcome! Please help yourself to what ever you would like. We have lots of fresh berries, pies, cookies, and some delicious trifle, right on the bar, as well as some yummy drinks." Eirian said happily. "I wonder if I can convince Gwena to lead us in a game or two as well." Eirian said out loud.

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 05-20-2012, 11:45 PM

Gwena looked up at Kin, "Yumeh ate my cake! Gwena replied back, making strangling motions with her hands as she thought of Yumeh.

Kin-Akari
Pheonix Lover

Old 05-21-2012, 12:13 AM

Kin nodded. "The cute little demon ran out the door with crumbs on her face." She glanced around. "Well, there's a party here, will there be cake? I see all the other delicious treats." She picked up a cookie and took a bite. Her face took on an expression of bliss. She grabbed another and held it out. "Want to try one?"

EirianHikari
MissSweetViolet

Penpal

Old 05-21-2012, 12:58 AM

Eirian couldn't help overhearing that someone had asked about cake. That got Eirian thinking. *snap* Eirian snapped her fingers suddenly. "A chocolate berry cake." Eirian went to work mixing in fresh berries in to her cake, which she finished with a think layer of rich chocolate fudge syrup. Eirian set the cake on the bar among the other treats. "Now to see if I can find Gwena." Eirian went off around the tavern in search of Gwena.

~Black Petals~
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2012, 12:58 AM

"Thanks!" Petals smiled at the kind fair-skinned elf with emerald eyes and looked around at the decor of the tavern until her eyes fell to the other elf hostess, whom she assumed was the sister of the Eirian. Gwena seemed angry -- making a strangling gesture and with an expression of contemplating revenge for a certain demon cat. Petals face lite up at the sight of plate of cookies next to Kin. She accepted the cookie with a smile and took a bite. "These are delicious!"

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 05-21-2012, 01:17 AM

Gwena ate a cookie with a smile, than she dashed off to make wanted dead or alive posters with Yumeh's face painted on them.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 05-21-2012, 02:11 AM

Fiaria's tail swayed slightly as she enter the tavern. It had been a while since she had been around other people since most feared her race. She considered pulling the hood of her purple cloak over her head to hide her ears and face, but really she didn't care if others knew what she was or not. If they didn't like her or her race then they didn't have to keep her company. Making up her mind the young Katayan warrior made her way across the room towards the bar. Her piercing icy blue eyes scanned the tavern making note of various things like the fact that there was barely anyone here. It seemed that she had lucked out for now, she wouldn't have to worry with dealing with many people.

~Black Petals~
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2012, 02:50 AM

Petals was enjoying the treats when she noticed another guest had walked into the tavern. She immediately noticed the unique features of the new-comer. Everyone seemed a bit preoccupied at the moment..."Hi there and welcome!" greeted Petals with a shy wave.

Kin-Akari
Pheonix Lover

Old 05-21-2012, 02:51 AM

Kin's eyes bugged. It was cake. Not just cake, but cake with chocolate and fruit. She sliced herself a piece, and began eating with a happy smile.

She noticed the girl with the purple cloak. The girl was looking around with a defiant look in her eye. That attitude was enough to make Kin like her. "Yo! You want to try this cake? It's awesome!"

---------- Post added 05-20-2012 at 10:52 PM ----------

She was a bit taken aback though, when she spoke at the same time as someone else. Kin looked over at the other girl with a smile. "That's open to you too! I don't mean to hog any of this! It's too delicious to not share!"

EirianHikari
MissSweetViolet

Penpal

Old 05-21-2012, 03:04 AM

Eirian walked out to the bar after having baked yet another cake, this time it was a lush cream filled white cake with a creamy chocolate icing. Eirian had no idea where Gwena had gone to, but she noticed another guest in the tavern. "Fresh cake for those who would like some!" Eirian said out loud so the guests could hear. Eirian when around to each of the guests greeting them warmly.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 05-21-2012, 04:16 AM

Fiaria was slightly taken back by the friendliness of the others in the tavern. She gave them a slight wave. “Hello. What kind of cake is it?” She inquired moving closer to the other females that were at the bar. The atmosphere was light and cheery which helped the Katayan to relax some. The cake that an elven girl with blonde hair brought out smelled delicious. If she hadn’t been mistaken she had seen chocolate icing on it. Chocolate was one of her favorites.

EirianHikari
MissSweetViolet

Penpal

Old 05-21-2012, 04:28 AM

Eirian smiled at the girl and waved back, "It's white cream filled cake with chocolate icing, would you like some?." Eirian pulled some plates down from a shelf and put them on the bar. "Please help yourselves to what ever you would like. We have lots of cookies, fresh berries and other treats to pick from, plus lot of drinks. If you don't see anything you like let me know, maybe I can make it up for you." Eirian said warmly.

Kin-Akari
Pheonix Lover

Old 05-21-2012, 05:47 PM

Kin grinned. "I'll try some of that one too! Thanks so much!" She took a slice and plopped it on her plate. She looked over to the other girl who was munching on cake. "So, what's your name?"

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 05-21-2012, 06:15 PM

Fiaria smiled slightly. "Thank you." She took a plate and cut herself a slice of the cake with the chocolate icing. The cookies looked good too, but for now she would just have some cake. "You wouldn't happen to have ice cream to go with the cake would you?" Cake was always better with cake, but if they didn't have any some of the fresh fruit would have to do.

((You weren't talking to my character were you Kin?))

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 05-22-2012, 12:00 AM

Luna folded in her wings, walking into the tavern. It wasn't often that she ventured this deep out of her own territory, but she figured there wasn't any harm in this. Delicious scents filled her nose, and Luna hummed in pleasure, almost unfurling her wings to float in the air, but she forced them to stay folded. She knew that not all fae were liked. As soon as she saw other beings in the room besides humans, in fact, she only spotted one human, Luna felt more at ease, but she kept her wings folded against her shirt.

"Excuse me? Did I hear someone say something about cake?" She spoke in a soft voice.

Kin-Akari
Pheonix Lover

Old 05-22-2012, 04:03 AM

((Blueblack, yeah, that was aimed at your character. Sorry! Been awhile since I RPed.))

Kin smiled at the newcomer, motioning to the cake plate. "Come on! The lady who baked this is a genius!" She twitched her tail in pleasure. Kitsune loved being the centers of attention, even when it wasn't their party! "Well, I'm Kin! Who're all you lovely ladies? I don't think I've had the pleasure of your company."

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 05-22-2012, 04:09 AM

Luna grinned, getting a plate for herself, though she nearly dropped her plate when she heard Kin's words, blushing a bit. "I'm Luna. It's nice to meet you, Kin."

Luna took a bite of the cake, and savored the flavor on her tongue. She hummed in delight as she swallowed. "This is delicious!"

Kin-Akari
Pheonix Lover

Old 05-22-2012, 04:28 AM

Kin's ear's perked up. "I know, right?!" She chomped down on her cake, humming happily. "And it's nice to meet cha Luna!"

Kin looked around. "I wonder where our nice hostesses went to. I want to thank them for throwing this party. This is the most fun I've had in awhile."

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 05-22-2012, 04:38 AM

((It's alright, I wasn't sure since my character wasn't eating cake yet.))

"I'm Fiaria," the young Katayan said after finishing off a bit of her cake. "This cake is really good." Fiaria continued to munch on the cake happily. It had been so long since she last enjoyed a treat such as this one. She licked some icing off of her whiskers. "I wonder as well. I'd like to compliment her on the delicious cake."

Kin-Akari
Pheonix Lover

Old 05-22-2012, 04:46 AM

((Heh, my bad then. ;) ))

Kin looked around. "I think she went off after a friend . . ." The Kitsune turned her attention back to the two ladies with her. "So, Luna and Fiaria. What're you guys doing in town?"

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 05-22-2012, 10:29 PM

Luna finished off her slice of cake, still savoring the taste on her tongue. She would most certainly also give her thanks to whomever prepared the sweets. "I was just passing by." The fae said, feeling comfortable enough to let her wings perk up a bit, "This place looked nice, so I decided to take a peek inside. I'm glad I did."