Emperial
Unknown Empress

Old 02-16-2008, 07:28 AM

You are such an inspiration! I should finish my list so I can steal yours! <3 <3

Suika
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-17-2008, 03:33 AM

(Is this allowed? >.> I'll delete it if you don't like this here.)

Would you mind terribly if I used your list of fantastic themes? : D The phrases are so inspirational~ I have odd rules for myself... I just use random things from random places for a drabble a day. Would you mind if I borrowed the phrases? (I caaaan credit~ ;3)

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Disraeli Send a message via MSN to Disraeli

Old 02-17-2008, 03:46 AM

Thanks, Em. <3 You'll never know how much it means to me that you think that, even about a little thing like a drabble thread.

Phrase: Don't sit on the radiator
Character: Jezebel

Wisdom came with age, but she was not wise. If she had been, she wouldn’t be trapped here… where ever here was. It looked like floating rock. It felt like air.

Jezebel received flashes of input from her real body (she was gone, but not so gone that she didn’t know that she was mad, sickeningly and utterly mad). Soft hands touching her face, an ache that she couldn’t rid herself of, cool liquid splashing on her skin. Little, tiny moments of clarity. But all she could see was this deep black sky.

She heard a gentle male voice. “Don’t sit on the radiator, Tae-yul,” and then there was nothing but an ache for the world stolen from her.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-17-2008, 03:46 AM

Of course I don't mind. And don't worry about the credit, my lit teacher helped me come up with these. I wouldn't feel right getting all the credit or telling you his name.

Suika
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-17-2008, 04:01 AM

Oooooh. Gotcha. :3 Well thank you! You are ever too gracious.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-17-2008, 05:17 AM

No problem. <3

Phrase: 002. Something fell from the sky
Character: Lamia and Jezebel

The colors swirled wildly and Lamia fell free of her bonds. She bared her pointed teeth and looked upwards at a young woman with white hair and a screen across her eyes. “What do you want with me,” the demoness hissed. She rose to her full height, snake half rippling below her.

Only then did she realize this wasn’t the human world. “What have you done,” Lamia screeched. The woman stood there, shin-deep in the rock, staring slack-jawed at nothing. “What have you done.” It wasn’t a question anymore.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-17-2008, 05:53 AM

Phrase: 003. Whistling down the street
Character: Aurelius

A small stone went whistling down the street, thrown by a child’s hand. It almost hit her in the face. It would’ve, except on contact it dissolved into its component atoms and splashed harmlessly into the air. Aure only coughed into her hand and glared at the child who had thrown it as she walked sedately by. If only she weren’t jockeying for position at Venport Industries. If only she could get away without the child’s parent recognizing her. She had to settle for a scathing glare and vicious imaginings of the fate the child would have suffered if he had been an orphan.

She began to whistle a soft tune.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-17-2008, 06:08 AM

Prompt: 004. The patient lay quietly
Character: Carlisle, Jezebel
Ship: Carlisle/Jezebel

He frowned. What kind of state was the world in if such a lovely woman were insane? Carlisle pressed a hand to the glass and looked at her red eyes, searching for some kind of awareness in the flat glass. What he needed in this situation was telepathy. To be able to know what that woman was thinking, sitting there and watching the sunset. He had heard that she had been brought here by the police after she was found in a strange shop near the cathedral in Durem…

A nurse tapped on his shoulder. He sighed and turned away.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-17-2008, 06:24 AM

Phrase: 005. The cat rubbed against the fence
Character: Andrew

And he shot it. Sadly, he missed, and the damn fool cat lived another day. But perhaps it would stay away this time. He shoved the shotgun back into the closet (but didn’t put the safety on, he never knew when he’d need it) sat back in his armchair with a mug of Coors, and turned the game back on. It was hard, being a bastard like him. But he managed to scare off every son of a bitch who approached him and maybe even some who did through a calculated screen of anger and bitterness. It worked.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-18-2008, 08:13 AM

Phrase: 006. It was the best and worst day of my life
Character: you tell me
Ship: another one of those secrets

He held my hands and the world was ending. But I smiled at him anyway (pretended it didn't hurt to see them walk away) and kissed his cheek as if nothing had changed. The ring on my finger meant nothing; it was just a tool to free myself from that which plagued me. His breath smelled like sweet mallow and tickled at the soft tendrils of hair at my ears. "Darling," he sighed. It was the best and worst day of my life. My shoes pinched, and I winced. But the man who had married me didn't notice. I didn't think he ever would.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-19-2008, 02:28 PM

Phrase: 007. She sits upon the shore
Character: Jezebel and Lamia

She can see the shore from where she sits, leaning against the brick wall. Her hair- white, cropped short now, a diagonal from the nape of her neck that falls to her collarbone around her face- drifts into her eyes every so often and she pushes it aside, out of her eyes (which are a tranquil blue). Lamia writhes, agonizes over Jezebel’s sudden bout of quietude. She is in an asylum now, feels much safer, so she does not scream or whimper as before. Even though Belial is lost to her, she has power- still more than her body can hold, but not enough to make her violent anymore. As the waves roll in (high tide is coming) she raises her hands and places them against the wall. She chants to herself, the same word, over and over.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-19-2008, 10:25 PM

Phrase: 008. The tide washed over his feet
Character:

"It's better for both of us if I stay here without you... Mama, I don't need your air to breathe anymore. I'm sorry." The tide washed over his feet, he scrunched his toes in the sand. "I'm not your little boy anymore. People need me. Anyone with sense would wonder, but I can't find it in me to ask why they need me. I need to be needed, Mama. I'm sorry." He looked over his shoulder when he heard someone clap slowly. Then he sighed, waved to the white-haired girl who sat on the tail of a very large snake woman.

"Are you rehearsing," she asked, all innocence.

"No, not really." He tilted his head towards the ocean.

"You're going to need that speech," she said. "Am I supposed to bleed?"

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-19-2008, 10:51 PM

Phrase: 009. Let's make ginger bread!
Character: Aurelius, Gin

Chaos made her angry, disconcerted and distracted her. Her own home was controlled perfectly, even the child she had accidentally- if such a thing could be said!- adopted. She looked at Gin out of one corner of her eye, scorn in every line of her body. With a look of studied disinterest, she filed her nails.

"Mommy," Gin said, pawing at her leg. Like she were some kind of scratching post! She scowled at the child and shook him off. "Ginger bread!" His silver hair flopped into one eye and Aurelius roughly pulled it back behind one ear.

"We'll make it later," she snapped.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-20-2008, 01:02 AM

Phrase: 010. I don't quite understand
Character: James

My name is James Holland and I'm an alcoholic. No, really- I do think I am. It's almost tradition for the patriarch of my family to imbibe more alcohol than his body can stand at least three of five nights a working week. At least I am in the company of good, respected men, men who were pillars of the community in their day. Of course, I skipped the pillar stage and simply decided to go to the inevitable conclusion of my performance on the mundane, earthly stage. That might be why I am where I am, in some godforsaken hole of a city waiting for my liver (or perhaps my heart) to go out. I don't quite understand why this seems so desirable to me. But I don't have the energy or the motivation to question it...

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-20-2008, 01:50 AM

Phrase: 011. Speak more slowly
Character: Lixxie, Carlisle, Peter

Lixxie's grip was slipping. She found herself babbling at people she didn't even know, in places she didn't remember walking to. And what seemed worse, she was aging so quickly- where, a mere three months ago, she had looked nineteen, she was now 27. And her son, still a baby. It wasn't a problem now but if this kept up, it would be. She had to give him a fighting chance against her father (who was, truly, very manipulative). And she could only do that if her child didn't get into his hands until he was old enough to think for herself. Even though the messages on her voicemail got progressively angrier and more threatening and violent, she held on, working her secretarial job at night and finishing her degree during the day. She could do this. She could give Carlisle the best chance, like he deserved...

If all else failed, there was that Bella woman... "Speak more slowly," she whispered into the phone, glancing at her son. "What's wrong, Peter?"

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-20-2008, 02:12 AM

Phrase: 012. I heard the camera shutter go off
Ship: Carlisle Mephisto/Jezebel

I heard the camera shutter go off- or did I just think I heard it? No. I could feel his arm on my shoulder, could see his dark hair as it tickled my cheek. This was real this was here this was now... but how many times before had I thought that, and been wrong... Even the demon outside the small side room Carlisle and I stood in had once been nothing more than the hallucination of a sick mind. This could be, too.

It shattered at the edges. It was just a dream from my broken mind, after all.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-20-2008, 02:42 AM

Phrase: 013. I could hear someone moaning

Sometimes at night, this place frightens her, makes her shake under the sensible white coverlet with her hands pressed over her ears. But she's better during the day, doesn't hear such loud shrieks in her mind, is free of the fear other patients feel. So she stays, listens to the night-time moans and sees the nightmares, and watches the futures of the others. Jezebel sees their deaths but never her own, which is the only one she is curious to know. Lamia coils about the base of her bed, pushes away the men who come with glittering needles and glasses of thick liquid that fall down her throat like slime. Even though night is probably the safest time to be alive in this asylum she is still terrified, seeing burning eyes in a skeletal face and she screams out.

Then Lamia lets them come.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-20-2008, 03:05 AM

Phrase: 014. I think a spider bit me!
Character: Nemesis

She woke up to a jarring pain in her left boot, a feeling of something swelling up. Her first thought was that someone had poisoned her, but then logic told her that no one had access to poison except, maybe, herself. And she wasn't so stupid as to poison herself. So Nemesis pulled off her boot and shook it; a large brown spider fell out. She squashed it, and looked at the large, ugly purple bite marks on her ankle. God. That was disgusting! She stood up shakily. If it had swollen so much, perhaps she'd better seek help- but to admit weakness! Nemesis knew pride would be her downfall and it looked like it was coming her way.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-20-2008, 04:34 AM

Phrase: 015. The world swayed

The world swayed under her feet. She was unsteady enough without the gale winds, but there the winds were, jerking tears out of her eyes and snatching her breath away. Even her jacket flapped in the wind, the collar slapped her face and left red welts. But her face was numb, so she didn't really care. Jezebel set herself in front of the doors to the asylum; a nurse opened the door and pulled her in, even though she really wanted to stay out. No inmate was permitted to be out where they might hurt themselves. She had been outside when the wind had come, tearing at the roots of the very trees, and was actually the last to come in. As she was hustled back to her room, she thought of the creature all in black that she had seen, and tried to relate it to the nurse.

But he ignored her. Well... she wasn't responsible, then.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-20-2008, 12:57 PM

Phrase: 016. It was a long way to the ground
Character: N/A

Wound (wownd; woond) verb
(1. To be twisted or warped, as a board.) Wound, iodine-scented, antiquated floorboards moaned and splintered under her bare, milk-pale feet. Ship rolled at the whim of the ocean; she flew into base of the mizzenmast. Looked up, and saw Death. (2. To encircle or wreathe, as with something twined, wrapped, or placed about.) Precious fear wound itself loosely about the fragile neck, a string of comely pearls to accent a gown of pale pink agony. Hysteria, that feminine affliction, is wound about the faces of males, so ordinarily protective but drawn into discord by the nightmare at work. (3. To make one’s way by indirect, stealthy or devious procedure.) This dread wound itself into their hearts and they canonized it as a saint. (4. To inflict a wound.) Wounded, her dress stained a convulsing red, aphotic like dried blood, she toppled stiffly to the heaving floor, an oak tree clad in deepest carmines after the logger has wounded it mortally. (5. To haul or hoist by means of a winch, windlass or the like.) The next morning, they found the mast’s rope wound up, and she was pendulant upon the end.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-20-2008, 01:43 PM

Phrase: 017. We rolled down the hill
Character: Carlisle, Jezebel
Ship: rather one-sided Carlisle/Jezebel

She lay in the grass, hands tucked behind her head. Her nice white dress had become the green of the hill she had rolled her way down moments before, but she didn't really mind. He sat not quite and arm's length away, and since he had walked down the hill, he didn't have any grass stains on his nice clothes. "You're going to go back," he said, and it wasn’t a question. "You know you could come stay with me. You haven't been sleeping well, and I'm…" Left unspoken were the words he dearly desired to say to her.
Her eyes were closed, which she believed made it easier to vocalize her thoughts. "I see many frightening things there."

He leant forward, bracing himself by his elbows. "So come stay with me. I have the room." As if in deep water, she reached up to the deep black sky as if she could grip the brilliant stars above her head. As if she thought she could touch the moon. And maybe she did think she could, he didn’t know. It wasn't his business, even though he dearly wished it were.

"Even though so many things I see are frightening, I see many beautiful things too… You know this, I've said this before." It occurred to him that she might be talking to something else. She saw things he didn’t, all the time. He worried, but since she wasn’t crying, he didn’t tell her so. "I can stop any time I want, so I keep going. Does that make sense?"

"Sounds like an addiction," he said.

She shrugged, said: "Maybe it is." As she got up and brushed at the grass stains (he could have told her they wouldn’t come off), he opened his mouth to speak, but by the time he'd coordinated what he wanted to say in his head, she was gone, bare feet turning greener as she tripped up the hill.

Even knowing she wouldn't, couldn't hear it, he said it anyway.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-21-2008, 01:56 PM

Phrase: 018. I think I'm going to be ill
Character: N/A

Shame, shame, shame. They heaped it on her, poked at her and laughed at the results of their cruelty. "Don't poke," she screamed at them. "Don't prod!" They had once courted her, calling her queen and honored one and giving her sweet things, colorful beads, soft dresses. But now they scorned her and pinched at her sides. She didn't know what she had done to deserve this. So she cringed away and covered her ears- hear no evil- and cried out her apologies for the unknown sin, every time one of them was close enough to hear her. When they weren't, she cried until she threw up what food they gave her, bits of rotten fish and black bread. She didn't need much food to survive but to feel full she needed much more than she got.

They called her a monster. But really it was they who were most monstrous.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-23-2008, 02:55 AM

Phrase: 019. We dare not waste a single drop
Character: Aurelius

What would it be today? Suffocation, a pillow over the respiratory orifices until her victim found the strain too much? Strangulation, the foot on just one side of their throat, cut off breath and blood. Perhaps just a simple slashing of the throat. And who would it be? So many of her enemies were gone already, and she was so proud. She killed them for the sake of the white world and when the authorities asked- for inevitably they did ask- she cried for the dead. And her tears were real tears, because these sacrifices to the purity of life were a true tragedy. Let no one say she was like the Achilles of that popular book series. Her motives may be similar, to right the wrongs of the world. But she was not; she knew what she did was wrong and inexcusable. But she excused it.

She just wasn't so stupid as he. Because she made sure to play against fools, she would win where he had lost.

Today, she thought, she wanted some blood.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2008, 05:32 AM

Phrase: 020. I thought he was going to shoot me
Character:

Her hand never wavered. Nor did her gaze, so steady over the barrel of the gun. "Don't do it," she said, hiding behind her hand as if it could protect her. "God, don't do it. Please. Don't." This was all wrong. She wasn't supposed to beg. But her tone was steady. Her hand didn't shake. The gun went off and she fell into his arms. And as he died, he yelled incoherently.

"I thought he was going to shoot me," she sobbed. He gently patted her back, and held her while she cried.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2008, 05:47 AM

Phrase: 021. She kicked the soccer ball
Character Valentine

Someone kicked the ball her way, and she stared at it for a moment. Then she kicked the soccer ball back and sat down on the bleachers, hiked up her legs to the edge of the seat. With her cheek to her knees, Valentine watched the other children shriek and pouted. Olly wasn't here today, so she was all alone while waiting for The Moon to come pick her up. She liked Olly, he was nice to her. Her ears flattened against her head and she half-heartedly snarled at a child who came too close and who had been cruel one too many times. There was no energy to it.

She just wanted Olly to come back to school.