salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 06-04-2016, 03:34 PM

I haven't posted in here in a long while. So I guess there hasn't been any really significant update in the cleaning and decluttering. I mean, obviously the usual dishes have been washed, floors have been swept, and whatnot. In addition, I am working on laundry for all the things that need to be handwashed. I have dresses, for example, that I am okay with washing by hand instead of throwing them into the washing machine just in case they get damaged or something.

---------- Post added 06-04-2016 at 01:28 PM ----------

There is a book drive next week, so I might get rid of some of my old books by donating them. It will be nice to clear out some space while also allowing other children to be able to have access to this wonderful books. They are not taking any textbooks, but I do have several shelves of children's books, both non-fiction and fiction, which I can donate to their book drive. The book drive is quite far away so there will be a limit to how many I can actually carry over there, so I will have to pick and choose which ones I want to get rid of from my house first.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 06-05-2016, 05:15 PM

I have so far decided on one book to donate...it's a book about one of the former presidents. I honestly don't know why I have it, but I think it was that the school library was throwing out books so I wanted to save that one because it seemed like a good idea at the time. But I never actually read it, so I will give this to the book drive and maybe a child who is interested in politics or social studies or U.S. history will pick it up and be able to enjoy it in my stead.

I am currently doing my second load of laundry for the day. The first one was a couple of white shrugs that I had worn with dresses, which I decided to wash together with some bleach to make them a pretty white again. But unfortunately, there were some stains on one of them that are not coming out. Fortunately, they are not that noticeable. This second one, which actually just finished so I have to go hang it all up now, was jeans and dark or blue shirts, pants, and undergarments.

---------- Post added 06-05-2016 at 01:58 PM ----------

Okay I have hung those up to dry on the clotheslines now.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 06-06-2016, 08:34 PM

open to posting. so might I post in here to with things like. my room is a flipping disaster and I need to make a to do list or I'm never going to get anything done cause i'm feeling overwhelmed?

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 06-08-2016, 07:28 PM

Shadami: feel free if you'd like <3

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-08-2016, 11:36 PM

I think I shall try to make little to do lists for myself than in a silly way in here. maybe it will help me get my butt back in gear and stop being mopey about how much work needs to be done..
yes...

for some reason seeing it written down and being able to cross things off makes me happier than just trying to do it.

Like the exercise pings worked for me for awhile! :D

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 06-09-2016, 07:28 PM

yes I find that it helps haha. As you can see, I've been documenting all my cleaning adventures.

I'm a little sad to say that I threw out a few books, maybe about eight of them. They were really old, mostly children book's, not in the best condition. It felt pretty good to be able to get rid of some of the clutter, but I always seem to hesitate when throwing out books because I love books! I grew up with books! I think books are great! But they needed to go. I have the rest of the books I don't want anymore stashed inside a suitcase right now. I am going to try to donate some of them to a book drive I know is happening next week, but because it's at a faraway location, I won't be able to carry most of them. But I will hopefully try to remember to take photos so I can post photos of the books I end up donating! :)

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-11-2016, 12:35 AM

I've got some books sitting in front of me right now. Someone offered me 1.50 for them. But I would have had to pay for shipping and I would have lost money on them to send them to a complete stranger. and they told me "I know its low" (no crap these each are 2$ if sold alone) and their reason was "they look really worn"

... so because the covers show that the books have been read at least once you want to jip me? Dude. these would sell for at least 50 cents if a bookstore was selling them. and that's without the additional sales tax price. but they're in great condition the covers are just a bit beat up. They're not even bad enough that I would just throw them out. the binding is still great and everything. I may have to just donate them somewhere cause I HAVE to downsize things right now :/ its so painful. i can't just send more things to a landfill where it destroys more mother nature >.<

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 06-11-2016, 03:47 PM

Did you ask the buyer if they would be willing to pay for the shipping costs as well? $1.50 already sounds like a good deal, although I don't know how many books you are selling.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-12-2016, 06:54 PM

6 books. for 1.50 -.-

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 06-13-2016, 10:29 PM

wow, 6 books for $1.50 is a really good deal for them. If they don't take them and you decide to donate, then at least someone else who might not have access to them would be able to enjoy them and love them <3

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-14-2016, 08:08 PM

June 14, 2016

I just lotioned up my hands after washing dishes, cooking the rice, cooking water, ripping the addresses off random mail I received today to recycle them...amazing how much you can get done in just a little bit of time.

---------- Post added 06-14-2016 at 08:10 PM ----------

The book drive is on Thursday, so I still have to figure out which of my books to carry all the way there to donate.

Last edited by Symphony of the Night; 07-16-2016 at 06:08 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-14-2016, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
wow, 6 books for $1.50 is a really good deal for them. If they don't take them and you decide to donate, then at least someone else who might not have access to them would be able to enjoy them and love them <3
I told them no. I'm not going to go in the red on the sale. Shipping them will cost me way more than they were willing to pay. I'll donate them somewhere and stay neutral instead.

1.50 is what they offered for the books i had listed for 3.50 -.-
a couple of them are rarer to find books based on ebay searches.

on a cleaning note. I packed up a couple more boxes, and got the hallway almost decluttered.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-15-2016, 04:01 AM

Sounds good about the books, Shadami. Good job with the progress on packing and decluttering the hallway! :)

I haven't picked what books I will be donating to the book drive yet. I will do that tomorrow night. I already took all of the books I want to part with off my bookshelf and am storing them in a suitcase. So I will just have to go through whatever's in the suitcase and figure out which ones I want to part with first and how many I will actually be able to carry.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-15-2016, 10:31 AM

you could just carry the suitcase?

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-15-2016, 04:41 PM

June 15, 2016

The suitcase is extremely heavy with all the books inside so I did consider that, but I concluded that it's not worth the physical effort and potential for hurting myself because I'll have to carry it up and down stairs, not just wheel it around. The book drive is pretty far away too. I also need to be somewhere else that day where having a suitcase would be extremely inconvenient, so I will just fit whatever I can carry without hurting myself in my backpack *nods* and save the rest for a future book drive <3

UPDATE: Okay I ended up donating these old books of mine. They are: I heard the owl call my name by Margaret Craven, The Night Daddy by Maria Gripe, The Delaware Colony by Dennis Brindell Fradin, and CLOZE-POWER! which was an unused activity book.

SPOILERX

Last edited by Symphony of the Night; 07-16-2016 at 06:07 PM..

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-14-2016, 05:55 PM

July 14, 2016

I was happy to complete more decluttering this morning. I had I think six or seven books from middle school that I had been trying to sell. Middle school, can you believe it :D lol well anyway, they were not selling so I decided to recycle them today. On top of that, I also recycled a pile of loose papers about a foot high. They were random papers I was keeping for scrap paper purposes or things I kept for documentation before but are no longer relevant or important. Hooray for more space in the house, albeit just a tiny bit more!

---------- Post added 07-14-2016 at 05:56 PM ----------

Oh and I had a ton of scrap paper under my desk that I organized into one neat little pile.

---------- Post added 07-14-2016 at 10:28 PM ----------

Okay, so I just dusted much of the floor in the dining room, threw out some more loose papers that were lying around, and also put two small textbooks from college in the recycling place. Those two textbooks were just student essays so I definitely can't sell them or anything.

Last edited by Symphony of the Night; 07-16-2016 at 06:07 PM..

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-16-2016, 06:04 PM

July 16, 2016

After coming home late last night, I put away all my things as soon as possible to reduce the amount of extra mess from all the stuff I brought home from the trip. I put my brother's clothing and his textbook all in one pile for him to organize, I put all of the food onto the dining room table or into the fridge as necessary, I brought my clothes up into my room and put them into the drawers if they will still clean or into the clothes pile if they were worn already, and right now I am organizing the photographs we took so that they are all in one storage device as opposed to scattered across many.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-23-2016, 08:12 PM

I managed to move boxes out of the office on to a storage shelf in the living room today so that hopefull we can purchase this 200ish dollar desk. maybe (haven't decided which desk yet) for hubby that has a built in bookshelf so we could store art supplies and cards and such on it as well. cause space conserving is a thing we need to do. xD

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-25-2016, 02:34 AM

Oohh that's awesome Shadami! I love the sound of that built in bookshelf. I really like having shelves to store things, haha.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-28-2016, 03:46 AM

I threw out eight magazines today. I had been saving them to read later, but it is just too much. They have been in that pile for months now. So I finally threw them out. Well, I recycled them, to be more accurate. I also found out about this company called Gazelle that buys certain new and old electronics. And I had this old liquid-damaged macbook that had just been collecting dust so I shipped it off to them. Hooray for getting rid of another thing from the house :D and they are supposed to give me $52.50 in amazon giftcards for it. I love getting rid of things and getting paid for it. I might also sell my bicycle. I don't know yet though because I have not ridden it for a long time. I don't know if the bike still works well and is sell-able. I was also going to sell my old boombox but I can't find the charging cable for it to test whether or not it works.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 08-04-2016, 09:30 PM

I sold a bicycle today, whoop whoop :D hooray for fewer things taking up space in our basement, plus having some extra money on hand. Fifty dollars, to be exact, haha not a lot but it is still something

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-05-2016, 01:34 AM

50 is alot to me. xD

so super big congratulations. I went through some magazines that have been cluttering up space and ripped only the pictures I cared about out. Cuase i've been hoping to turn them into a collage and than frame it and hang or sell it. But I can't decide on what quote I want to put with it. Something inspirational...

Or sweet?

you know. something that pulls it all together to make it actually interesting.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-06-2016, 11:16 PM

thank you very much shadami!

there is another bicycle I am thinking of selling so I will let you know how that goes

that is a cool idea, making a collage! and even cooler if you are able to sell it!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-08-2016, 02:45 PM

I would love to be able to make some money at anything. Let Princess make a collage with me. figure I'll give it to mum for her birthday or Christmas. as a present from Princess. Mum is the one who showed me collages in the first place. i think she'd love it.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-11-2016, 09:10 PM

Aww that is so sweet Shadami that you would give it to her <3

I have not sold the second bike yet...maybe next week.