Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-04-2011, 08:16 PM

Ok guys -- so we have another N/S game that will take thousands of hours of your life to level up everyone to 500 or so --- lolz

The game is fun -- the main character being a demon vampire who eats sardines instead of drinking blood like his servant wants him to do -- is caught up in a struggle to help the prinnies out all because he believes in keeping promises. I'm 30 hours into the game and the story seems interesting -- The 3rd game wasn't as good as this one but the cell shaded characters look really awesomely sweet!! I'm glad I bought the game -- new things to do and all kinds of old characters that make a return--- even some from 1 and 3 Disgaea 2 is kind of ignored sadly which I really like that one. But we see Laharl, Etna, and Flonne as the Angel and Fallen Angel.

I think they could have picked a better main character but hey that's just my personal opinion-- I thought maybe they would have picked a female lead character instead ---

I will see how the game progresses -- but all in all its fun and I am enjoying myself with the endless grinding of characters and items.

Mayor Mayhem
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-05-2011, 01:13 AM

Does the main character and his servant fight a lot?

What's their relationship like?

I'm actually basing my buying the game off of this. xD

lightkanna
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-06-2011, 07:13 PM

My sister boyfriend plays it and I played it once, I'm not good at all. I suck at knowing how to fight, control and etc. ^^; Though the series look really good. ^^

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-06-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Mayhem View Post
Does the main character and his servant fight a lot?

What's their relationship like?

I'm actually basing my buying the game off of this. xD
The servant seems to be pretty loyal, but wishes his master would change and portray the stereotypical vampire rather than he preferring to eat sardines rather than drinking blood... it's rather comical -- I'm still early in the game though ---

@Lightkanna ~ This series does take a little time to explore the learning curb, I suggest doing the tutorials a couple times if need be and once you get the hang of things it's just a matter of experimenting and seeing what works best.

Mayor Mayhem
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-14-2011, 04:52 AM

Sounds right up Disgaea's alley. ;D

What about Axel? Seen him around yet?

Is he a main character, or just a side character?

Or even a bonus character? ;O

Fluffsamasprime
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2011, 04:33 AM

I have all 4 of the Disgaea games but I'm waiting until I complete the first two before I start up the 3rd and 4th.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-21-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Mayhem View Post
Sounds right up Disgaea's alley. ;D

What about Axel? Seen him around yet?

Is he a main character, or just a side character?

Or even a bonus character? ;O
So far he has just bee a character in the fray, I'm only on the second episode, I'm sure he will make another cameo appearance later in the game. I have just now scratched the surface of the game a bit more, I'm really liking it.

@Fluffsamasprime ~ I have all four too, I have beaten the first three, its taking me longer to get through the fourth because I don't really have a whole lot of time to play it. I think the game is great and you will enjoy that one and the third.

Fluffsamasprime
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-21-2011, 07:41 PM

Same here, if I had time I bet I would have beaten them by now.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-24-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffsamasprime View Post
Same here, if I had time I bet I would have beaten them by now.
Theoretically you could play for 1000+ hours leveling characters and beating all the secret bosses. The levels and dungeons seem to go on for hours and hours and hours.... hehehehehehhehe...

I'm on episode six in the game now and its gotten interesting and Axel from Disgaea Two is really making a nusciance of himself to the protagonist of the game.

overlord kurashi odjin
Dark Demi-God Overlord
Send a message via AIM to overlord kurashi odjin

Old 12-06-2011, 08:26 PM

axel always makes an annoyance of himself every chance he gets lmao but thyats part of the comical charm XD but yea i've looked into disgaea 4 and sounds like it be fun if an when i ever get a ps3 XD but atm i just have my disgaea 1 and 2 lol the anime cutscene in disgaea 2 with laharl is still funny as hell to me XD such a degrading moment for the poor lil shrimp lol

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-27-2012, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord kurashi odjin View Post
axel always makes an annoyance of himself every chance he gets lmao but thyats part of the comical charm XD but yea i've looked into disgaea 4 and sounds like it be fun if an when i ever get a ps3 XD but atm i just have my disgaea 1 and 2 lol the anime cutscene in disgaea 2 with laharl is still funny as hell to me XD such a degrading moment for the poor lil shrimp lol
Laharl will always be my favorite character out of the entire series.