RinLin
*^_^*

Old 06-18-2016, 11:53 PM

Since I didn't find any topic about this awesome series. :3

I started with playing the second game, and was blown away by how well written it was. My character was a female Hawke rogue that used bows, and I romanced Fenris.

When I played the first game, I noticed how much had developed - one of my biggest peeves is that your character NEVER talks in DA:O. Romanced Alistair on a female, elven mage. Yup, I had all three things against me, haha. xD
I killed Zhevran. D:

Second playthrough of the second game, I was a male warrior, tank spec, I LOVE tanking, omg. Romances Anders, who is such a sweetie! <3

I am currently playing Inquisition; Female elven rouge with bow, romancing Blackwall. Got Skyhold a while back. I love this game because there is so many options to what you can do! :D

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 06-21-2016, 11:56 AM

I've only finished inquisition, but I've played all the games. inquisition so much. My female double daggers rogue dwarf Jett Cadash romanced The Iron Bull (don't think about the logistics of that, just do not).

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 06-25-2016, 04:04 AM

I am obsessed with this series! Fortunately there's someone that I work with who is familiar with the games so we're always talking about it. She just started playing Inquisition (which I've played an almost embarrassing amount of times. Same could be said for all of them, really) so every time we see each other we'll go on and on about the plot and characters while everyone around us just goes ????

She'll occasionally text me at all hours of the night asking for help and one time she told me that her husband told her to stop bothering me and just use a wiki but she said, "Why use that when I've got Tam!"

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 06-28-2016, 12:27 PM

Haven't finished Inquisition (haven't played the others) but I'm loving it. Level 21 so far. Soon to be 22. I've slain at least... 5 dragons. No, 6? I'm romancing Cullen. Human rogue who uses dem mighty arrows. My squad is always Cassandra (my best gal), Dorian (who doesn't love his witty charm), and Solas (he smart, yo). I don't think I'm anywhere near done and I'm already 70 hours in. XD

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 07-01-2016, 01:09 AM

You can get to over 200 hours without winning Xav

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 07-02-2016, 12:00 AM

I'm in the middle of the first game and I love it, Alistair is bae and I wanna be with him at the end, but since im a mage and not royal i haveta follow a certain path in order to do so, so ive been using the wiki for all my convos with him. The game is great, but I haven't played it in a while because I got stuck at the part where your character is in the dream world (the fade) (going to battle sloth) and there is this one room in the burning mages part where there are four mages that you haveta fight with high attack but low defense and I just cant get past them no matter what I try (and my magic doesn't help me much because I don;t have that much ice related magic. So it really sucks, I wanna finish the game, but I haveta get past that room first.

RinLin
*^_^*

Old 07-05-2016, 09:39 PM

Bearzy: Omg, that sounds like a very interesting thing to do, hahaha. xD I am going to romance him as well at some point. :)

Apicula: I visited my sister and her roomie this weekend, and we talked a lot about DAI. Sis just sighed, haha, but she did approve of Dorian's fabulous mustache. xD I also got a new friend who I can talk to DA about. :D

Xavirne: I have Skyhold, and I am lvl 16 now. :) My party is Blackwall (cus I need my bae with me), Dorian (he's awesome and just witty as heck) and Cole (I like him, and would like to get to know more about this lost soul).

MercyGrim96: Hmm, it has been a while since I played DAO, and I was a firemage. Can't you load a previous save, level up a bit, and try again? :)

fishyfey
*^_^*

Old 10-25-2016, 04:33 AM

Omg, when I played Origins I dated Alistair but I was a dwarf and when I made him king HE DUMPED ME! I was so upset about being dumped cus I was a dwarf that I could never finish the game. I was completely heartbroken.

I did date Cullen in DAI and that kind of made up for my previous heartbreak tho...

reddeath26
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to reddeath26

Old 01-14-2017, 08:06 AM

I quite enjoy the Dragon Age series. I haven't played them as much as some people here, although I have played through each major entry once. Still need to work on finishing the DLC for Inquisition. I am currently in the second one. I must admit the difficulty spike did catch me off guard. To date it is the only one I have bothered with DLC. This is mostly because I got a PS3 fairly late in the console lifespan and didn't really get into DLC till I got my PS4. In terms of storyline I enjoyed DA:O the most. I was quite happy with my idealistic, naive and self-sacrificing main character. Her character development and conclusion put the story at a level that wasn't able to be matched by the following titles. In saying that, I did still enjoy them.

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 01-20-2017, 06:19 AM

I actually picked up a couple of the books when I last visited the bookstore. I started reading the one about the War of the Lions (the Orlesian Civil war that we get to hear all about in Inquisition) and it's fairly well written. But if I'm being honest I'm mainly here for that sweet, sweet World Building. I also got Asunder, which judging from the summary on the back, it'll contain more info about Cole which I am So Here For. If I remember correctly there are two other books which I'll have to see if I can get my hands on them. I love expanded universe stuff.

RinLin: It's always great when you can find someone to nerd out with.

Setsunaela
Glitter Fae

Old 02-12-2017, 09:25 AM

I finished Origin a while ago and started on 2, but then my friend bought me Inquisition so I've been playing that instead. I really like them all, but I think Inquisition is my favorite..
I pretty much always end up playing female, elven, dual-wield rogues. It's just my favorite thing. I do it in Dragon Age, Skyrim, D&D.. It might be a problem >.>

Crimson Fang
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Fang Send a message via MSN to Crimson Fang

Old 02-14-2017, 07:28 PM

Origin was possibly the first, and only, game I played through as a dual-wield character. Not sure why, but I just really wanted to when I created my first character. Really enjoyed it too.

Kystral

Old 02-18-2017, 12:35 AM

AHhh, I have found my place.

*settles in with a blankie*

I love Dragon age. I live and breathe the stuff. I have played all three, but devoted the most time to Inquisition. I want to say I have about 1k hours logged right now, but I can't remember exactly.
I follow too many fanart and fanfic tumblrs, and am completely incapable of extricating myself from Solavellan hell.
These games have created people, places, and events that pull me in and keep me wanting them around forever and evers..

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 02-18-2017, 09:57 PM

Wow! How many playthroughs is that, Krystal?

Kystral

Old 02-19-2017, 10:48 PM

Uhm.... too many? Lol. Let me think. Two full playthroughs, including finishing trespasser, for my human mage and my elf rogue. One nearly finished playthrough on a human warrior. One half playthrough on a dwarf rogue. One newish game with a qunari mage, and I think I have another human rogue tossed in my play files, but I could be mistaken.

hehe.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 02-20-2017, 07:52 AM

Niiiice. I've done one full dwarven rogue playthrough and one mostly finished human warrior playthrough.