Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 11-06-2023, 09:43 PM

Thanks! I have a bad habit of spending way too much money on Halloween costumes. XD
But it's almost always worth it.

In other news, did some outdoor product photos! Now just have to try to get some good indoor ones and I'll be one step closer to Etsy being open.
All that will be left is checking similar listings/shops for product description inspiration/get a general idea of essential info and what shops tend to do for that...and then just wait for my paycheck so I know for sure I have the money to cover the listing fees. (I mean, the listing fees are pretty minimal, but my budget is always SUPER tight after paying my rent until the next check hits the bank.)

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-06-2023, 10:48 PM

I feel that, Rent weeks are always the toughest weeks for me too. Still though, next paycheck doesn't sound so far away ^_^

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 11-06-2023, 11:50 PM

Yeah, I get paid either tomorrow or Wednesday, I always forget which day it is. But then I can pay most of the rest of my bills, buy groceries finally, and get Etsy finished.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-07-2023, 06:33 AM

I could never forget payday, half the time it's already spend before I get there

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 11-08-2023, 01:27 AM

Deposit is pending, so should officially have it tomorrow morning.
Tonight's plan: decide location and set-up for indoor photos, Clean/tidy up area if needed and set up for morning photos, research product listings for helping decide how to do the item description and stuff.
Tomorrow I'll get the indoor shots, decide on photos to use and touch up if necessary, type out base item description (something I can sort of copy/paste and then make edits as necessary, download the completed shop banners and icons, and otherwise try to prep for shop opening.
Then Thursday or Friday, I should be able to get it all up and functional. I'd like to say Thursday for sure, but I have a later night than usual at work so idk if I'll have the energy to get it set up after.
A little excited, but also massively terrified.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 11-14-2023, 08:47 PM

Update: I, admittedly have kind of been letting myself postpone working on Etsy because tbh it terrifies me. But all I need to do right now is touch up a couple photos and a video if possible...and I'm ready to go.
Could more of the photos I have use some editing? Sure. But if I don't go for it now, I'll keep finding excuses not to.
So possibly tomorrow (or tonight if I have enough hotspot data left on my phone) I will officially have an Etsy shop!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 11-14-2023, 08:57 PM

Good luck with your shop! I hope it's successful for you. ; w; Or at least, you get some sales. XD
Opening an etsy would scare me too.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-15-2023, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Update: I, admittedly have kind of been letting myself postpone working on Etsy because tbh it terrifies me. But all I need to do right now is touch up a couple photos and a video if possible...and I'm ready to go.
Could more of the photos I have use some editing? Sure. But if I don't go for it now, I'll keep finding excuses not to.
So possibly tomorrow (or tonight if I have enough hotspot data left on my phone) I will officially have an Etsy shop!
Don't be afraid. Just take a deep breath, and tell yourself that you got this! Because you do ^-^

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 11-15-2023, 05:22 PM

Forgot about the "item info" part...am currently typing up a basic one I can use as a template.
Also debating if I want to name the plushies...it has pros and cons. Naming can make the listings more cute and unique, but could make sales slower if people don't like the names maybe? Idk.
Also coming up with names for them all could be tough in the long run, but idk.
Lol...who wants to help name plushies?! 8D

---------- Post added 11-15-2023 at 01:58 PM ----------

On the off-chance you want to help name, these are the 4 I'm still trying to come up with something for.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 11-19-2023, 01:21 AM

Etsy is officially open! Have 1 more to add tomorrow and a few tweaks and additions to make, but there's no turning back.

Derpy&Co. Etsy

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-19-2023, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Etsy is officially open! Have 1 more to add tomorrow and a few tweaks and additions to make, but there's no turning back.

Derpy&Co. Etsy
Congratulations!

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 11-19-2023, 05:43 AM

Thanks!
I feel terrified and excited and completely unprepared, but even if the shop doesn't become popular or make me that much money, it's good to be able to say "I did it. I didn't let my fears win."
...It may have taken me 5+ years from initial concept to follow-through...but I did it.
Lol.

Also, got to explain to a friend how custom orders work because he kept trying to tell me if he orders a custom, I should still list it in case someone else wants it...
What it really was is he wasn't familiar with how Etsy worked and thought it might have a sort of gallery feature so other people could still see the custom order in case they liked it and wanted to order one too.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-19-2023, 10:25 AM

I'd have to admit that I wouldn't know how it worked either

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 11-19-2023, 02:18 PM

I mean...since I work with him, custom orders would just be, he tells me what animal and colors he wants, I make it and list it on the site as a custom request, he goes and buys it right away and then I just give it to him.

For anyone else, I don't really have a custom option listed yet, but people could message me about it...and then it would be essentially the same just with me shipping it instead of delivering in person. I don't plan on really taking too many custom orders currently, but if the request is easy enough, maybe.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 11-22-2023, 02:51 AM

Thanks to a local friend trying to order, managed to troubleshoot a missed step that may have been preventing orders from going through. Yay!
And made a first sale (same friend), so that's cool. I also worked out a way to do local pick-up orders that shouldn't hinder star seller status for if my shop ever does that well.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-22-2023, 01:30 PM

Oh! So that's what it was probably, I actually figured it was something on my end

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 11-22-2023, 03:09 PM

Lol...Yeah that was me, the business professional, forgetting to hit the one button that actually lets people pay.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-22-2023, 09:50 PM

Don't be too hard on yourself, its you're very first time ^_^

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 11-22-2023, 10:54 PM

I mean, on the one hand I feel a tad foolish for missing that one step, but on the other hand I'm glad it was an easy fix and was noticed so quickly.

Heck yeah, gonna sell tons of cute buddies now!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-23-2023, 10:42 AM

Indeed! I'd have said something but I figured my paypal was just being stupid. It does that sometimes

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 11-25-2023, 07:30 PM

Another little Etsy hiccup I discovered today after printing a shipping label is that Etsy defaults the return address info to the seller's name rather than the shop name.
So uh...when you get a box from MT, it's from Derpy & Co.
Lol.
Gonna make a note to change that before the next label needs printed.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-26-2023, 01:20 AM

Well, at least that one is minor enough and doesn't interfere, but yes! Good think you can get it fixed up nice now ^_^

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 11-29-2023, 11:00 PM

Definitely 100% forgot to change my shipping label info before mailing my local friend's receipt. Made a note this time so I'll hopefully remember to update it when I add my next batch of Companions. Which will hopefully be sometime next week. Working on finishing up most of the wips that I've had going on for a while.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-01-2023, 06:43 AM

Rua made it here safely ☺️

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 12-05-2023, 02:42 AM

Yay! I hoped they would!