ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 06-14-2010, 12:54 PM

Rikter took a few steps and grabbed Daniel's arm, turning him to look at the angel. He didn't trust this guy or his lacky that was for sure and from the looks of it Daniel didn't either, or at least he didn't really seem to want to do this but he didn't know for sure. "Is this what you really want to do?" He asked in a hushed tone to keep the others from listening at that distance. Rikter couldn't understand why he would willing go talk with this guy about whatever so willingly even though he looked so miserable doing it. Was he even aware as to the fact that he had a choice in the matter?

Louis duLac
Purveyor of Yaoi

Old 06-14-2010, 07:58 PM

Daniel stared up at Rikter wide eyed for a moment, then gave a weak smile. "I can handle this, really. I'm just going to tell him that I'm not going back. I promise," he replied. It would be hard, extremely hard, to tell that to Nick. But being able to stay with Rikter would be worth it. He just had to keep reminding himself of that.

He pulled away from Rikter's grip and continued over to stand next to the picnic table, deciding it was better to remain standing. It made him feel a bit better to be the one looking down at Nick. He folded his arms and took a deep breath, then said, "I know why you're here, and I'm not going back."

Nick stared at Daniel blankly, and Georgie set down his cigar. "Not coming back? Kid, you were the best! What we gonna do without you...?" Georgie started, but Nick silenced him with a hard look. Then he turned back to Daniel again. "Is that what you really want, Daniel?" he asked simply. Daniel crossed his arms tight over his chest, trying to keep his emotions together.

"Yes. That is what I want," Daniel finally answered softly, staring intently at Nick.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 06-15-2010, 12:16 AM

Rikter moved up a few steps; not enough to actually be in the way but more to be there in case he was needed. He crossed his arms, his muscles tensing causing the jacket to tighten uncomfortably, almost like it was about to tear. He could feel the strain on his wings though he ignored it. His face was void of emotion for a change. If he was needed to step in he would in a heartbeat though at that moment he just wanted to take the jacket off.

Louis duLac
Purveyor of Yaoi

Old 06-15-2010, 06:18 PM

Nick nodded with a small smile, then peered around Daniel to Rikter. "Come on over Rikter," he said, beckoning. Georgie looked over Nick's shoulder at Rikter with a grin, and Daniel glanced back. "What does he have to do with this?" Daniel asked Nick suspiciously. "I simply want to say a few words, thats all," Nick assured him.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 06-18-2010, 02:16 PM

Rikter eyed each man for a moment before walking up to the table. "Yes?" He asked bluntly as he kept his arms secured across his chest. He wasn't in the least bit worried about these guys, they seemed more like people that spent too much time getting what they wanted than working for it. His eyes were a dark brown, almost black though they had brighter highlights going through them that the light would cast off as red. Even if he didn't completely look it, he was on high alert.

Louis duLac
Purveyor of Yaoi

Old 06-18-2010, 11:17 PM

"Don't be so tense," Nick replied with a smile. He glanced back at Daniel and gestured for him to leave. Daniel frowned, struggling with the habit of having to obey Nick. He gave in though eventually at the hard look from Nick, turning to walk off just out of earshot.

Nick then turned his attention back to Rikter and leaned forward. "You do know the level of emotional care that boy needs, correct? He may not live in my house anymore, but that does not mean I have no concern for him."

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 06-19-2010, 03:39 PM

"I do believe he made it clear that he did not want you in his life anymore," Rikter retorted bitterly. He seemingly relaxed a bit as his arms dropped to his sides, though nothing more happened with that. "I am pretty sure that I have led and taken care of more people than you have in your day. Emotional is something that I am used to so I don't think it will be a problem." After years of Arrow, the angel was finally able to stand up to someone without the fear of being wrong about it. He wasn't afraid of Nick knocking him down like Arrow would.

Louis duLac
Purveyor of Yaoi

Old 06-20-2010, 03:24 AM

"I hope your right," Nick answered simply. He then got to his feet, motioning for Georgie to follow. The other man hopped up eagerly, and the two turned to head off. As Nick passed Daniel, he patted the young man's shoulder once in goodbye. Daniel watched warily until the two men had dissappeared around the playground fence, then let out a huge sigh and finally relaxed.

Daniel turned toward Rikter with a small smile. He walked over to the other, arms still hugging his sides tight. "Thank you," he said softly.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 06-20-2010, 03:32 AM

Rikter watched in confusion as the men left. Once Daniel had walked back over and thanked him he just shook his head. "No need to thank me, I have much more to thank you for," he told him as he looked at the male for a moment. He then turned to look back to where they had disappeared to. "You know, I thought he would have put up more of a fight or something." He then shook his head slightly as he shrugged in confusion.

Louis duLac
Purveyor of Yaoi

Old 06-21-2010, 09:27 PM

Daniel shook his head, not wanting to glance back at where Nick had dissappeared. "He won't get into a confrontation unless its neccessary," he replied. "He has a twisted mind, but he's not stupid. But, I wanted to thank for giving me a little more confidence," he added, glancing at the ground for a moment. "I can't stand up to him on my own. He's the only thing that really frightens me anymore."

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 06-21-2010, 09:43 PM

"I suppose he is your version of my Arrow," he said as he looked back at the male. Rikter then took a slow breath before adding, "Though something tells me that Arrow is a kinder man than your fear. At least at times." Shaking his head he tried to think of a way of getting them out of their little situation. "So what was it that we were going to do before all this started up?" He then asked hoping that maybe that would work.

Louis duLac
Purveyor of Yaoi

Old 06-22-2010, 06:43 AM

Daniel looked up at Rikter with a smile. "Guess I'd have to get to know him to really say for sure." He finally let go of his sides and shoved his hands deep in his pockets. He felt so much more relaxed now, and it was easier to think with only Rikter around. But, what were they doing before this little craptastic-fest...?

"Oh yeah. Frozen pizza. That is, if you want some," Daniel answered.

Last edited by Louis duLac; 06-22-2010 at 05:37 PM..

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 06-24-2010, 01:37 AM

Rikter was silent for a few moments before saying, "Now I am not stupid on this one. I know what pizza is, but frozen? That doesn't seem like a very pleasant way to eat it." Yup, there was the angel; he seemed to know what was going on but then went back on everything and still sounded as lost as ever. He didn't say anything more on Arrow though; there really wasn't much to say seeing that he was right. No one really knew Arrow so it was hard to get an actual judgement on him.

Louis duLac
Purveyor of Yaoi

Old 06-24-2010, 05:10 PM

Daniel laughed and shook his head. Leave it to Rikter to think of that. But the goofiness did cheer him up. He reached up and poked Rikter on the nose. "You cook it first. That's why its frozen; so you can cook and eat it anytime," he answered. Then he turned to head back to the car. "Come on. You really need to visit a grocery store."

----------

The local Wal-Mart was busy with shoppers today. Daniel was about to grab a cart, but after one look at the haphazard carts blocking every aisle he reached instead for a basket. He stayed close with Rikter as he headed for the frozen foods aisle. If he lost the guy, it might take an hour to find him again in this mess.

Once he had pushed his way into the frozen foods aisle, once moving a baby for an oblivious mother, he found the pizzas and took out the first one he could grab. He glanced at the box, than up at Rikter. "You like hamburger or peperoni?" he asked.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 06-24-2010, 07:25 PM

Rikter knew of grocery stores, they usually weren't very big; at least the ones he had been to weren't. That was why his eyes widened at the sight of all the cars here. He followed behind Daniel for the most part, his mouth slightly a gape. There were little metal carts everywhere, yet no one was using them. The blonde male seemed to know exactly where he was going and yet the angel seemed to fall a few steps back every few moments.

When Daniel stopped after getting around a woman and her baby, that was when Rikter became really distracted. There were clear doors with food behind them everywhere. Rather than following Daniel at this point he moved to a neighboring aisle. There were other frozen foods down here, ice cream from what he could see. There were those and fruit and ice cream on sticks. Walking down the aisle, his eyes remained glued to the glass, much like the little boy that was walking just in front of him.

Louis duLac
Purveyor of Yaoi

Old 06-25-2010, 01:46 AM

Daniel blinked at Rikter's retreating back, but then smiled and tossed the box in the basket. Wasn't really worth it to ask anyway. They all tasted the same, no matter what the brand. He grabbed one more, just in case, then closed the glass door and stepped over to tap Rikter on the shoulder. Wide eyed wonder or not, he wasn't going to stand around all day while Rikter oggled everything. Especially not in a grocery store. "Come on, I've got the pizza."

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 06-25-2010, 02:02 AM

Rather than argueing with what Daniel was saying he figured that he would just follow. He was curious as to what a frozen pizza would tast like. He also knew that if he had stayed in the store, more than likely he would have gotten lost anyway. "So what do we do from here then?" He asked as he turned around to look at the blonde haired male. He wasn't in a hurry or anything, it was like he was getting used to this whole relaxing thing.

Louis duLac
Purveyor of Yaoi

Old 06-25-2010, 09:52 PM

"I have to take these home, then we can decide what to do from there, okay?" Daniel replied. He really didn't know what to do himself. There was not much around to do that was free. Window shopping at the mall could be an option. But he wasn't sure about taking Rikter there. Just a grocery store seemed to be a wonder to the guy.

----

Daniel stepped back into his apartment and sighed, feeling a little more relaxed now. Or safer, that was a better word for it. He set the bag on the counter and put away the pizzas. And idea came to him as he did so. Would it be wise to ask? From seeing how Arrow and Rikter reacted together, maybe not. But Arrow wasn't a bad guy. A stuck up jerk maybe, but at least not a quiet snake. Like Nick. He shut the freezer door a little harder than necessary. He shook his head and turned to Rikter, giving a small smile.

"Just an idea that came to me, but it is Arrow much for casual visits?" Daniel asked as he tucked the bag away under the sink.