Loffel
AFK

Old 10-15-2007, 08:02 AM

Welcome to Silence Inn.

As you find yourself suddenly lost in the realm of dreams, you can feel your body sink away, yet you can feel yourself becoming light and airy. As you do, you close your eyes and draw a deep breath, feeling no alarm.
This is not death, you know, as if told on the whispers of a soft wind, but a visit to realms uncharted and all but unknown.
As the soft breath of a moment passes, your eyes ease open, and the wisping fog around you reveals only a simple building, somewhat wide, with two stories in height. Its reason for existing is quite clear--marked in an untrained hand in simple black ink across the door frame. "INN."

To your right you find a large parchment, framed to the side of the door.
"RULES"

Thou shalt not fight or kill.

Thou shalt not steal.

Thou shalt respect others in all cases.

Thou shalt follow the laws that apply in their own lands, as well as this land.

Thou shalt not god mode, Mary Sue, Or insult this thread with other poor methods of conduct.

Curious of the parchment you observed, you reach for the large brass handle, only to be reflected by a magic essence.

Stop. A voice within you commands. Before you in the air appears a simple parchment, on which appears a contract. You must sign this, and place what information it asks. It is an agreement for a one year visit.

Confused, you begin to read. it states the rules in the first person, agreeing that each will be obeyed, and asks for other information.

During this year, you may come and go as you please back to your own realm, when you awaken. But for exactly one year, your dreams will vanish, and you will be taken to this realm nightly.

Do you agree, Child?

Code:
Name:
Rough History:
Profession:
Birth race:
Other:

By placing an 'x' on the line below, i agree to these rules, and will follow them at all times.

Loffel
AFK

Old 10-15-2007, 08:05 AM

Curiosity ever growing, you sign the contract, and feel yourself suddenly feel much more solid, as if in your own body once again. Somehow, you realize that your form is intact, and this body is merely a gift; for solidity in this realm.

You reach for the handle, and peer at those inside.

[Two guests maximum through one user account.]
Staff
Name: Rylie
Appearance: [Ref]
Rough History: Rylie is the barmaid, who has signed a 20 year contract in exchange for the ability to bring whatever physical items she wishes with her whenever she enters the bar. She always brings her music. She is a Faun, who's love of music has spawned out from the pan flute into everything else as well. thanks to the modern era she exists in, she has access to as much as she may desire.
Profession: Barmaid
Birth race: Faun
Other: Don't piss her off. She kicks like a goat--for obvious reasons.

Name: Minute Kain
Appearance: [Ref] [Many Refs]
Rough History: [See 'many Refs'.]
Minute, tired of the fay lifestyle as always, sold her soul to the blind mystic whom her brother loves. She gave her ownership of a realm of her own in exchange, where she can live as long as she may please, unendingly.
Profession: Innkeep
Birth race: Fay/Faerie/Fairy.
Other: She designed the contract and rules as a failsafe, so she won't have to sick Rylie on folks.

Visitors

Name: Coral Belmonte
Appearance: Coral is small for her age. She was a late bloomer and not quite as developed as her classmates and gets teased for it a bit. She has a small frame and is rather petite. She’s extremely fair and has big deep blue eyes and long strawberry blonde hair. Across her nose and cheeks is a smattering of small red freckles. She has a long scar on her upper right arm from where she fell as a kid and had to have stitches to close the wound.
Rough History: Coral has had a pretty pleasant life but a rather lonely one. Both of her parents work for a large law firm and are constantly away. Through most of her childhood Coral has been taken care of by her nanny Dulcenia. Dulcie has been caring for members of Cora’s family for two generations now, originally being Coral’s mother’s nanny. Coral goes to an all girl private school and is not very popular. Though very pretty coral is rather shy and tends to keep herself locked away in her books and studies. Being so underdeveloped for her are has also caused a bit of a hardship on the young girl. She keeps herself covered due to the embarrassment of not yet quite being a woman.
Profession: Student
Birth race: Human
Other: Coral wants excitement and adventure, perhaps that’s the reason why she’d awake into the realm in the first place.

Name:Emna
Appearance: long black hair, blue eyes, fair complexion, tall and curvy.
Rough History: Emna travels the world and wherever her travels take her she has an open heart and an open mind. Nothing stops her from what she has to do or what she needs to do. Emna is strong willed, passionate and sassy.
Profession: Bar wench by day and hipnotic singer by night
Birth race:human
Other:Emna reads tarot cards and is very mystical in mind, body and spirit

Name:Irena
Appearance: Irena is a small fairy with very pale skin,blue hair and hazel eyes. She wears a navy blue suit and always carries a bag with her. Her wings are light blue with black edges.
Rough History: Irena is a messenger who has to travel from one fairy settlement to another. She comes to the inn to chill out with familiar faces when she's off duty.
Profession:Messenger
Birth race: Fairy/fae

A sign hangs on the back wall of the Inn.

BANNED FOREVER

The list apears to be empty.

Offences worth of banishment

Trespassing
Rulebreaking
Insulting the establishment through word or behavior.

Loffel
AFK

Old 10-15-2007, 08:08 AM

Rylie sat behind the bar, humming quietly to herself, eyes shut in the comfort of whatever music blasted into her headphones. She was smiling vaugely, but allowed herself to appear bored to anyone who may catch a glimpse. Mostly she was concerned with minute coming to check up, but it was not a large worry. There had been no contracts signed in weeks. Perhaps, she ventured to herself, I'll bring my old flute tomorrow night, and frolic in the forests to the west...

Minute, as the only member of the realm who seemed to bother doing so, lay sprawled across her bed in her usual messy clothing. She hadn't bothered wearing much of anything other than loose, comfy clothes for a long while. She was lost in a dream--the only real annoyance of her realm. She dreamed deeply, not her own, but the dreams of past contracts--every dream they had while in her care. This dream was somewhat restful, but she loathed dreams of lost lovers. She moaned vocally in her sleep.

AppleDumplinCutie
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to AppleDumplinCutie Send a message via Yahoo to AppleDumplinCutie

Old 10-16-2007, 08:10 AM

Coral wasn’t exactly sure what had just happened. She stood there in the coolness of the night shivering in her thin nightgown. “Ummm…thank you?” Coral answered the smiling woman, but no one was around to hear. Coral turned to check behind her but the mist was pretty thick and there was no one around. The young girl gave a shrug and pulled open the door in front of her.

Coral made her way into the establishment. Save the woman behind the counter there was no one else around. The room was dimly lit and the flickering light from the candle on the table next to her cast a long shadow. “This has to be a dream,” she said surveying her surrounds. What else on Earth would she be standing in the middle of a Inn, in the middle of no where wearing nothing but socks and her long pink ruffled nightgown?

”Ummm…,” Coral said as she slowly approached he bar rubbing her eyes. “Am I dreaming?” she asked softly finally making eye contact with the woman. AS the young girl opened her large blue eyes she jumped,” Oh yeah. I’m dreaming… why else would a satyr be sitting there in front of me?” She said in slight disbelief. This was one STRANGE dream.

frosth
⊙ω⊙
Banned
Send a message via AIM to frosth

Old 10-16-2007, 10:48 PM

Name: Jin
Appearance:
Rough History: not at liberty to say
Profession: not at liberty to say
Birth race: human
Other: none

Loffel
AFK

Old 10-17-2007, 06:42 AM

Rylie tipped her headphones off of her humanistic ears, blinking as she paused to adjust to the lack of sound. as she adjusted, she heard the question of the rather cute girl before her. her first reaction was a childish smile at her adorable gown, and her second was to half hide it within a smirk, and utter with a chuckle, "Quite the opposite, really." she held up a hand, one finger up as a signal to wait. she removed her headphones from her neck, and turned off her CD player while pushing it aside. she then took a small empty glass from below the counter, and grasped a bottle from behind her,memory helping her to easily find it without checking. She poured a half glass of orange juice, and pushed it towards the girl, waiting on her reaction.

"You're new here, right?"

Loffel
AFK

Old 10-18-2007, 05:35 AM

Upstairs, Minute began to stir more actively. the dream had shifted to someones childhood memory, a scraped knee after a careless tumble. she saw herself as a young girl crying, quite a cute little one she noted to herself. She saw an aging woman near the girl, and she came to her attention, the intense sobbing she had been enthralled in pausing. she sniffled for a moment, blue eyes glassy with tears, and reached for the woman who smiled warmly, and lifted her, easily lifting minute from the dreams soft embrace. her eyes glassed over as she slowly returned to the "waking" world, drawing in long and low breaths.

She spent a long moment contemplating the dream--usually the first dream of a new guest would tell her much of their life, but this was just a glance. Perhaps, she motioned, there simply was not much there. Or perhaps it was a young visitor. Either way, she sat up in bed slowly, the blood rushing to her head, and headed downstairs to undoubtedly meet the new guest--or guests.

AppleDumplinCutie
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to AppleDumplinCutie Send a message via Yahoo to AppleDumplinCutie

Old 10-18-2007, 10:20 AM

“I’m … not?” Coral said starting down at the glass of orange juice in front of her. Least she thought it was orange juice. It had the same color of orange juice and it’s nice pulpy consistency anyway. She scooted the little glass back and forth slowly as she stared at the dark grain of the counter. Coral felt her eyes wander toward the Satyr. How could she be so calm? Maybe this place was her home. Where was this place anyway?

Coral had been lost in though concentrating on the glass of juice before her when the Satyr spoke again. “ Wha-, oh yes. I mean at least I think so. I don’t recall ever coming here before,” She said raising her smooth blue eyes to meet the satyr’s. “ We haven’t met before have we? I mean I haven’t been to this place before? I can’t remember much of anything right now. I was outside in mist and a lady and I think I signed something, and then I came in here and I found you.” The young girl began to babble. Coral instinctively reached for a lock of her long strawberry blonde and began to twirl it around her finger. She’d always twirl her hair around her fingers whenever she got nervous.

“Ummm… I don’t suppose you can tell me where I am?” She asked politely. Coral picked up the glass in front of her and gave the orange liquid a sniff. She wondered if it was okay for her to even eat or drink anything here. The stuff smelled okay. Coral shrugged and took a sip. The orangey flavor hit her tongue instantly. It was freshly squeezed juice. Dulcenia would squeeze Coral’s juice for her daily. “Dulcie…” Coral said in a whisper.

woopdidoodoo
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 10-19-2007, 09:38 AM

Emna was stunned into silence which was a rare happening for her. She shook her head ruefully to herself as she tried to gain her bearings. Her black locks fell over her eyes and as she cleared her hair from her eyes she was able to see the inn properly for the first time. What is this place she wondered as she entered the building. The bartender was behind the bar and there was a girl with a drink, seemingly by herself. Taking in all of the surrounds she walked up to the bar and smiled nervously. She didn't even know why she was here but she knew she would find out all in due time.

AppleDumplinCutie
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-19-2007, 10:40 AM

There was a click of the door as it swung open. Coral watched as a woman entered the room. Apparently she was not the only visitor to this …place. Coral was still unsure of where it was she had ended up. She picked up her glass and took another swig of juice as she watched the woman. The woman was tall and long dark locks. Coral looked back down at her small frame scantily clad in her pink nightdress. She signed as she wrapped her arms around herself subconsciously. What she wouldn’t give to be a woman like the one who’d entered the bar right now.

Coral turned back to the satyr and the glass of juice that was on the counter. Least the juice was something familiar. “Is… there anyone else here?” Coral said softly to the bartending satyr. “Or are we it?”

woopdidoodoo
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 10-19-2007, 11:28 AM

Emna sat a seat apart from the girl who just spoke in her soft tones. "Where is here?" Emna asked softly, she smiled gently and looked around. She was still feeling slightly confused but for some reason she felt safe, as if someone was looking out for them. "I'm Emna" she said to the bartender and the girl, "I have a long sleeved top and a skirt that you may wear if you are feeling the cold" Emna offered kindly "they should be about your size and you'd feel much more comfortable" she nodded to the satchel she was carrying.

Loffel
AFK

Old 10-21-2007, 10:37 AM

Rylie was starting to get excited, noticing the sudden increase in patrons entering. her tail twitched behind her, and her smile spread accordingly. "Well, there are only two people who work here," she paused, clearing her throat, "Myself, and Minute-The owner of our lovely inn. Now, on the question of where and what this inn is..." She paused, glancing to the stairwell in silence, footsteps echoing through the deep wood.

"My inn, Is simply my inn." Minute commented calmly, taking slow steps down the short stairwell, and speaking little due to her slight thirst. "This place is located at the fringe of all worlds...Between everything and nothing." She paused at the bottom of the stairs to clear her throat, causing the satyr to scramble a short glass of whiskey together. She approached the counter, and drank deep for a moment, closing her eyes as she did so, and keeping them closed calmly. "It's a place for refuge--for some to escape nightmares. For some to learn who they are. For some simply to meet people from other times, plains of existence, and locations." She cleared her throat, half coughing from the strong liquid. "Long and short, you're all in a realm made by a strong fay magician in exchange for some time. It's a place for comfort..relaxation..and freedom."

The quiet inn keep slowly opened her eyes, looking over the pair of women seated at the bar, quietly observing. She drew in a long breath as she glanced over each, and then took on a quizzical look to ask, "What brings you young ladies to my inn?" Motioning to the Satyr, who moved from behind the bar to fetch Minute a stool.

Kalium
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Kalium

Old 10-21-2007, 03:05 PM

Irena was flying at top speed, not caring much about the weight of her bag. She was in a realm of mists, which many fairies knew about, but not many preferred to go, bar those who had to go there for duty or punishment. As she was flying, her antennae sensed something, something that didn't use to be there. She flew in that direction, and soon the mist thinned down to reveal an inn. This sparked her curiosity, and reminded her that she needed some rest as her back ached from that long flight. So she landed and walked in. There were four women inside, A faun, two humans, and a fairy. Surprisingly, she had never seen the fairy.But she was not the kind to disturb others she didn't know, so she sat down on a table, just to rest a bit.

AppleDumplinCutie
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-22-2007, 09:53 AM

“Oh,” Coral said uncrossing her arms. “NO I’m not cold… I’m fine.” She said smoothing out the pink nightdress. She was far too shy to take clothes from a stranger, but if she was to be here awhile she would need something else to wear. She didn’t want to have everyone see her in her nightgown.

The Satyr began to explain where they were when she had come down. Somehow that being before her looked familiar. Maybe she didn’t; Coral wasn’t sure of much right now. The woman spoke to Coral kindly and finally asked why she’d come. “ I… I’m not sure. I was sleeping and then I was in the fog and I signed something and then I came in here. How long have I been here? Is there time anymore?” Coral said slightly confused as to what was going on around her. Had she been kidnapped? Could she leave if she wanted to? Did she really want to leave?

Loffel
AFK

Old 10-22-2007, 10:44 AM

Rylie let out a chuckle, speaking before minute could. "Well, to put it simply, when you're sleeping in real life, you'll come here instead of dreaming, for the next year...and when you wake up each day for that year, you'll be home. We're like a... well, a dreaming hotel." her tail twitched hard, and she smiled to the fay who entered, sensing her magics. "Does that make sense?"

AppleDumplinCutie
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-22-2007, 11:59 AM

“I think I understand,” Coral said with a smile. She was in a world of dreams. Some place she didn’t have to be tied down to what everyone else wanted of her or told her to do. She could do, as she liked here. “Is there more to the inn? Can I see it?” She asked eagerly. Coral leaned into the Fae standing before her, “ Umm… where can I find a change of clothes around here… or am I supposed to remember to bring my own?” She asked quietly. Coral had no idea how all this was supposed to work or how she’d get the clothes here to begin with.

woopdidoodoo
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 10-22-2007, 01:57 PM

Emna sighed tiredly to herself and was wondering why she had even bothered entering. This place was no different to any other. She couldn't understand how she got here but she shrugged that thought off. This was an escape of some sort so she was told. She looked around her and was still silenced by her thoughts. "May I have a glass of whiskey please?" she asked almost in a whisper, a glass of whiskey would surely help settle her nerves.

((Sorries if I am breaking up the tempo of the roleplay here, I have trouble with reading some of the smaller text and text styles))

Kalium
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Kalium

Old 10-22-2007, 03:51 PM

The inn looked like a more exciting place as more people came in. She thought she'd need a drink, but not because she was thirsty, but because she wanted to socialise. So she went over to the bar and approached the faun that was tending it.

"Hello there. May I have a glass of beer, please?"

woopdidoodoo
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 10-23-2007, 03:33 PM

Emna smiles at the young woman who had just entered the Inn. She was glad that the place was filling up, it changed the atmosphere to how an Inn should be feeling. The place needed entertainment and as she was a singer, she had a plan to spice things up a bit.

Loffel
AFK

Old 10-24-2007, 11:41 AM

Even as the thought came to the singers head, a mystic lute in the far corner beside the modest fireplace lifted, and began to play a fetching melody.

Rylie was immediately becoming overjoyed, running about to fetch the simple drinks. Quickly she had a glass of Ten high Whiskey in one hand, sliding it across to Emna. "Be careful with that powerful junk!" she called, her back to her and her tail wagging merrily as she poured a beer from the tap.

As Rylie had quickly become so busy, Minute smiled, and looked to the youngest child. "Bring whatever you want to wear tomorrow night, and i'll hold it in this realm for you. you'll automatically wear it as you arrive each night. Fair?" she asked, trying her best to be helpful.

AppleDumplinCutie
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-26-2007, 11:47 AM

Coral nodded. She didn’t quite understand but she’d have to remember to tuck the clothes under her pillow when she fell a sleep tomorrow night when she came back again. Would she come back? Surely she’d have to she signed something at the door. Coral felt a little silly; she never asked what it was she was signing or how long the terms were, too late now.

Music began to merrily play in the background and Cora smiled happily. “So pretty,” she said softly. The melody was lively and yet soothing. The young girl tapped her barefoot against the wooden surface of the floor. And soon she began to sway along in time. She looked back to Emna who was now with whiskey in hand. “So have you been here before?” she asked curiously. Maybe she was the only new person in here so far, Coral had no idea.

woopdidoodoo
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 10-27-2007, 12:31 PM

Emna was surprised that this was a realm of sorts that she could visit at any time. Looking about her she realized that she felt comfortable and knew that she didn't want to leave, she didn't have any reason to leave this place as such. She sipped at her drink quietly and let her thoughts wonder.