Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-03-2011, 05:15 AM

No one even really knows about April Fool's here, so it would have taken some explaining if I tried to pull a prank. XD

I was taken a bit by surprise the first time I encountered a website pulling an April Fool's prank since by that time it was already April 2nd for me. :lol:

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 04-03-2011, 07:05 AM

I told everyone there was going to be a drug test XD it was funny how nervous a particular a normally VERY laid back employee was :mrgreen:

*wonders where Ferra is from*

Last edited by Bound Birdie; 04-03-2011 at 07:07 AM..

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-03-2011, 07:46 AM

Well I'm from the US, but I'm currently in Japan. I don't think April Fool's is a concept a lot of people know about. I get enough surprised looks when I explain that people don't usually eat fried chicken for Christmas. XD

Bound Birdie

Old 04-03-2011, 07:50 AM

your in japan! Oh no! I'm glad your okay, with everything that's happening. I live in Oregon and they say were like 70 years over due for an earthquake/tsunami just like that I packed an evacuation kit just in case, but my finance just says I'm paranoid. I say you can't be to safe.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-03-2011, 07:54 AM

Well there's an aftershock as I type this very moment. =/ We've had quite a few today. I don't think it's wrong to prepare just in case. I made myself a crude emergency kit backpack when I came home after the quake (spent the first night at my school) and carried it with me everywhere for the next few days. I never saw the tsunami though, and that's what did the most damage. If you're away from the coast, you probably don't have too much to worry about. :)

But that's kind of off topic from April Fools. XD Didn't mean to make things so serious, lol.

Corlatta DeNaught
Bound Birdie's Mule

Old 04-03-2011, 08:31 AM

(Birdies mule)
eeeh I kinda am ish in the mountains though so I am on high ground. I'm amazed there are still after shocks this long afterwards... that's scary. It's true it's a bit off topic I hope Lise doesn't treat me like her stuffed animals for it :eep!: but still it's shocking stuff, got to look out for fellow menewshans >.<

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-03-2011, 08:49 AM

I'm no expert, but I think you should be okay if you're on high ground. :) One thing I must say is that Japanese buildings are really built to withstand these sorts of things (schools especially). My apartment shakes a lot when there's an earthquake, but nothing really falls and there was no significant damage.

Back on the subject of pranks, I think the worst I managed to pull was when we sent some of my friends on a "Snipe Hunt". I wasn't the instigator, but since I knew the whole thing was BS and people looked to me as the voice of reason, I convinced everyone that Snipes were real. XD

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 04-04-2011, 02:30 AM

I personally love the classics. Salt in the sugar dish (great with coffee) and taping the water hose thing on the sink so that when water is turned on it sprays the person. All great and tested by many.

Anaxilea
Slacker Queen
Send a message via AIM to Anaxilea Send a message via MSN to Anaxilea Send a message via Yahoo to Anaxilea

Old 04-04-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momochan View Post
I wanted to do a prank, but I didn't have the stuff I needed for it. xD I wanted to do the coke bomb trick on my mom. All you have to do is drop a mento into the soda and I think it sort of explodes or fizzes up really bad. xD My mom would have killed me though. She loves her coke.
momochan: Just wanted to point out that this only works with diet coke, not normal. So your adventures in pranking wouldn't have been ruined by a dud. ^^ Also, in a pinch, sugar can serve as a substitute for mentos, though the explosion won't be nearly as good. My friends and I used to drop konpaito (colored Japanese rock candies) into our teacher's, lol.

crunky
Ping me Baby!

Old 04-04-2011, 12:53 PM

I convinced the other ladies in my office to play a scheduling prank on the unknowing work men. xD We made a big red note detailing a job they would have to go out on all day Friday. We made sure to pick the customer that they dislike the most. =P They actually totally fell for it hook, line and sinker as they say! Of course, this ended up causing a retaliation from the work men... They decided to put transparent tape on the bottoms of all the office ladies computer mouses so they wouldn't work. =P It was a good time had by all for April Fools! *nods* ^-^

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 04-04-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariaMorgendorfer View Post
A few years ago I posted on my blog that I was engaged. Man was that a shock to my boyfriend. My friends all congratulated me...OF course, April Fools.

Last year one of those friends got me back by doing the same thing on Facebook. DOH!
How great would it actually be to get engaged ON April 1st? You'd post, and only a few people would believe you. Or get married for that matter. Man, so many things I should have thought up before... *sigh*

Anglie
Courage is the Magic that turns ...

Penpal

Old 04-04-2011, 03:10 PM

Our whole ap calculus class pulled a trick on our teacher. We all went to another room for class. We talked to a few others teachers about being in on the joke so one student went by after morning announcements, flu a paper airplane with a clue as to where we were into our calc room. Then it was a scavenger hunt, each clue led to another teachers room and finally to the one we were in, it was great

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 04-04-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaxilea View Post
momochan: Just wanted to point out that this only works with diet coke, not normal. So your adventures in pranking wouldn't have been ruined by a dud. ^^ Also, in a pinch, sugar can serve as a substitute for mentos, though the explosion won't be nearly as good. My friends and I used to drop konpaito (colored Japanese rock candies) into our teacher's, lol.
:lol: thanks. My mom was drinking diet coke that day, so if I would have known I could use sugar I would have used it.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 04-04-2011, 05:58 PM

This wasn't one of mine, but it happened to me. :cry:
Someone once thought it would be funny to put a bucket of red koolade above a door so that it would spill out when they walked through it.
Got all over everything. :gonk:

Also, omg, Howdy you sicko. xDD

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 04-04-2011, 06:55 PM

Afraid I'm not involved in these stories as I think the only pranks I've been involved in have been online. Any excuse to Rickroll or send Rebecca Black links to people instead of what they wanted...

My dad is a teacher in a special school and one of the kids came up to him and said "Sir, there's a ghost behind you." It's sweet that they were trying even if they haven't quite got the hang of it. On the other hand my dad and the other staff told the children that their Easter holidays would be a week shorter and they'd get a letter to take home about it that evening. The letter said "April Fools". :lol:

Bound Birdie

Old 04-04-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
I'm no expert, but I think you should be okay if you're on high ground. :) One thing I must say is that Japanese buildings are really built to withstand these sorts of things (schools especially). My apartment shakes a lot when there's an earthquake, but nothing really falls and there was no significant damage.

Back on the subject of pranks, I think the worst I managed to pull was when we sent some of my friends on a "Snipe Hunt". I wasn't the instigator, but since I knew the whole thing was BS and people looked to me as the voice of reason, I convinced everyone that Snipes were real. XD
Oh you know what would be a great prank to take my oh so silly evac kit and run in the the living room all "WE GOTTA GO RIGHT NOW GET THE ANIMALS INTO THE CAR, DIDN'T YOU HEAR THE EMERGENCY BROADCAST LETS'S GO!!!" Have him drive me up to a hiking trail or something XD

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 04-04-2011, 09:56 PM

Birdie- :rofl: That would be awesome!

Yumeh
(≚ᄌ≚)
NPC

Old 04-05-2011, 04:32 AM

*Looks at Lise with mischievous look in his eyes*

*Wanders out of thread before she realizes exactly WHO left that dead mouse in her underwear drawer*

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 04-05-2011, 04:49 AM

Oh Yumeh, you're so silly. Lise will know it was you. Who else would leave a mouse? Unless someone was framing you... that would be cool, prank two people at once xD

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-05-2011, 10:20 AM

@Birdie: Oh wow. XD That would be a good prank. But I would be terrified if I really believed a big tsunami was on the way and I was in danger since you have just a matter of minutes to get away.

On a vaguely related note, when my supervisor brought in her bag to demonstrate what to pack for our earthquake safety lesson, she happened to have canned cake in her emergency rations. Everyone had a little bite of it. Despite being several years old, it honestly wasn't bad.

hiriyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-05-2011, 02:45 PM

Unfortunatly no pranks here, no one was in a april fools mood, htough best was us sharing internet april fools of the websites.

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 04-05-2011, 03:00 PM

In Poland, the April 1st custom is to soak people with water unexpectedly, rather than pull pranks. ;3

I didn't do it this year (because I'm assuming people would just get outraged), but when I was still with my family, I would do horrible things like stick an ice cube in my sister's t-shirt to wake her up and pretend to spill 'hot boiling' water over people (it wasn't actually hot!).

Bound Birdie

Old 04-05-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Xyelle View Post
Birdie- :rofl: That would be awesome!
indeed, teach him a lesson and I'd get to go hiking! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumeh View Post
*Looks at Lise with mischievous look in his eyes*

*Wanders out of thread before she realizes exactly WHO left that dead mouse in her underwear drawer*
soooo cute but sooo evil, I'm glad my kitties never do anything like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
@Birdie: Oh wow. XD That would be a good prank. But I would be terrified if I really believed a big tsunami was on the way and I was in danger since you have just a matter of minutes to get away.

On a vaguely related note, when my supervisor brought in her bag to demonstrate what to pack for our earthquake safety lesson, she happened to have canned cake in her emergency rations. Everyone had a little bite of it. Despite being several years old, it honestly wasn't bad.
well I'm on the non coastal side of the range so I'd probably have far more warning then most, when you guys got hit they told everyone to evacuate our beaches and we had a few hours to prepare. By the time the wave got here it was only three feet though so nothing bad really happened.
Hmmm canned cake huh? that might be something I try to find XD I have a few good things for camping that are good for an evac kit. dehydrated & canned food plus a water bottle with a filter right in it so it cleans the water before you drink it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siri View Post
In Poland, the April 1st custom is to soak people with water unexpectedly, rather than pull pranks. ;3

I didn't do it this year (because I'm assuming people would just get outraged), but when I was still with my family, I would do horrible things like stick an ice cube in my sister's t-shirt to wake her up and pretend to spill 'hot boiling' water over people (it wasn't actually hot!).
well that just sounds like a very specific prank. Though sounds like it would be more appreciated in hot summer months