Audley
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-25-2007, 03:56 AM

I don't mind Firefox, but I wouldn't say it was my first choice browser, based mainly on the speed of it (that can be rectified somewhat, but it still isn't as fast as other browsers). I use it to travel about Menewsha because it doesn't have issues with the site (unlike Opera or the IE-based browser I use), but in general I use it less than any other browser.

momus
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via Yahoo to momus

Old 03-25-2007, 08:04 PM

I just got the most recent addition, and its giving me really bad problems. Every time I try to use an apostrophe or a backslash, it opens the FIND IN PAGE toolbar, and I cant use those two characters AT ALL. Its driving me crazy. Does anyone know whats wrong?

EDIT: I managed to fix it somehow. I guess my computer works better when I kick it.

Seika Arai
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-25-2007, 08:12 PM

You can turn that off...

The only problem it gives me is when the scrolly thing starts to mess with font size and not move the page. And when it highlights things.

Aloro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-25-2007, 10:06 PM

Heh, I rarely notice is because I use Microsoft Office so much. I also have a habit of checking my spelling anyway, just in case. Makes it easier.

FinalBlackMage
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-28-2007, 07:43 PM

I've never liked Firefox. It always seems like kids say it's so cool, but it just gets annoying for me. This is the first site I've ever been on that Firefox is the better one to use, but most other sites have to do twice the work just to be Firefox compatible, and for what? Meh.

bliss
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-30-2007, 11:58 PM

I just got Firefox for use on this site because IE apparently doesn't work well with it at all. I don't mind the spell checker, because it's nice to know when I'm spelling something wrong, but I've run into a few words so far that I KNOW are spelled right and it won't accept them. But it's really not so bad, it doesn't bother me yet. ^^;;

Then again, I JUST got it and so far I've ONLY used it for Menewsha, so... ;3

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Kasumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kasumi

Old 03-31-2007, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss
I just got Firefox for use on this site because IE apparently doesn't work well with it at all. I don't mind the spell checker, because it's nice to know when I'm spelling something wrong, but I've run into a few words so far that I KNOW are spelled right and it won't accept them. But it's really not so bad, it doesn't bother me yet. ^^;;

Mostly it's people's names on mine.

bliss
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-31-2007, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi
Quote:

Well yeah, that's to be expected. Of course it wouldn't know how to spell certain names, especially if it's like from a video game or something. ^^;; It's like that with Microsoft Word and other spell checkers as well.

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-31-2007, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi
Quote:

Well yeah, that's to be expected. Of course it wouldn't know how to spell certain names, especially if it's like from a video game or something. ^^;; It's like that with Microsoft Word and other spell checkers as well.
Okay.

Riddle
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2007, 10:36 AM

the spellcheck helps when I'm typing in college, and don't feel like opening a crappy word program :P

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-02-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle
the spellcheck helps when I'm typing in college, and don't feel like opening a crappy word program :P
That's true.

Folken
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-02-2007, 06:45 PM

I think that it is very handy to have, especially when you're trying to make an intellectual post and not have spelling mistakes. :3

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-03-2007, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folken
I think that it is very handy to have, especially when you're trying to make an intellectual post and not have spelling mistakes. :3
True but there are certain words that sound alike but are spelled different and that is where Firefox seems to stumble.

Smith
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-03-2007, 05:43 AM

To tell the truth I didn't saw it until a few days ago >< I'm a very distracted person... and it dosen't bother me at all, mostly cuz I seem to just don't look at it o.o... it dosen't exist to me ^^; but I guess it's good for me, when I want to check my spelling I don't get to practice my english a lot now.

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-03-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith
To tell the truth I didn't saw it until a few days ago >< I'm a very distracted person... and it dosen't bother me at all, mostly cuz I seem to just don't look at it o.o... it dosen't exist to me ^^; but I guess it's good for me, when I want to check my spelling I don't get to practice my english a lot now.
Okay.

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 04-03-2007, 08:22 PM

I'm actually enjoying the build in spell check, simply because I'm soo bad at spelling, that it really just does not bug me.

jazzkitteh
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-03-2007, 09:38 PM

Oh I LOVE the spell check. I'm a horrible speller. I also forget my apostrophes allot so it helps me loads. You get used to it telling you that you misspelled something that you know if correct like an odd name or foreign word.

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-05-2007, 01:08 PM

I doubt I will get used to it.

Sedge
*^_^*
Send a message via Yahoo to Sedge

Old 04-05-2007, 01:22 PM

• I love the spell check, because I type so sloppily.

The suggestions are pretty weird, though. Like, it didn't recognize "okay" and suggested "Tokay" instead.

If it tells me I'm spelling a word incorrectly, when I know I'm not, I just right-click and select "Add to dictionary". Yus.

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-05-2007, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedge
  • I love the spell check, because I type so sloppily.

The suggestions are pretty weird, though. Like, it didn't recognize "okay" and suggested "Tokay" instead.

If it tells me I'm spelling a word incorrectly, when I know I'm not, I just right-click and select "Add to dictionary". Yus.
I tried that.

DragonsRage24
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-06-2007, 04:00 PM

Firefox is annoying at times, but teh spellcheck helps but its not so fun when you are rping and you have character names that it doesn't recognize, then there's just red everywhere. Its also been slow for me lately, and won't load a lot of the pages on this site which annoys me as well. Hopefully it'll be fine soon, I don't want to deal with pages that don't laod fully. ><

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 04-07-2007, 09:50 AM

• Firefox is my favorite browser. <3 It's faster than Explorer and not as confusing as Navigator.

I usually catch my spelling or grammatical errors on my own...unless I'm REALLY tired like right now. So the spell check doesn't help me that much.

pod79
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-07-2007, 11:26 PM

I think that firefox is a good option of browser, specially for Menewsha.

Aeva
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-08-2007, 02:08 AM

I downloaded Firefox... yesterday, I believe... and I kind of like the spell check. I don't really need it -- I generally catch my own spelling mistakes -- but it's not such a bad thing to have.

The extra underline thing in Google searches kinda bothers me, but it's nothing major as I don't plan on using Firefox all the time.

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-09-2007, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeva
I downloaded Firefox... yesterday, I believe... and I kind of like the spell check. I don't really need it -- I generally catch my own spelling mistakes -- but it's not such a bad thing to have.

The extra underline thing in Google searches kinda bothers me, but it's nothing major as I don't plan on using Firefox all the time.
I've ran into that problem before.