Lindsay_chan
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Lindsay_chan

Old 12-27-2007, 05:16 AM

the only american comic I've read, though maybe its from england but its not from japan so..
yeah, the movie didn't do it credit. I saw the movie first and I loved it so much that I had to get the graphic novel but now I see that the graphic novel was so much better than the movie. the movie was still awesome but the book had so much more meaning.

anyway, V for Vendetta is a fantastic graphic novel. it really makes you think and want to make decisions for yourself and not just let the government do it for you like V says...

^.^
I really love V.. he's a little bit gay though.
I was surprised that in the graphic novel, the Dr. reveals that he showed many symptoms of schizophrenia.. I thought he was just cool, and cultured but he apparently he was mentally ill too....

poor V. poor, lovely V.

has anyone else read the graphic novel?
seen the movie and loved it?
even heard of it?

Susheh
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Susheh Send a message via Yahoo to Susheh

Old 12-27-2007, 06:22 AM

The movie was Fantastic I watched it with my parents x3
I have to check out the graphic novel <3

Amiiu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-27-2007, 10:54 PM

There's a graphic novel :shock:
I MUST find it later when I have the time then.
I loved the movie >w<

Garnet Phoenix
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-13-2008, 10:53 PM

I've only seen the movie... Sadly I didn't even know that there was a graphic novel... xD

FrostsHellion
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to FrostsHellion

Old 02-16-2008, 03:03 PM

V for vendetta was an awesome book and an awesome movie. you have to give it up for a franchise so good you'd never know it was a comic book first :wink: . theres alot of those kind of movies. Along the same lines keep an eye out for the watchmen movie.

Last edited by fiarra; 08-06-2008 at 03:43 AM..

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-16-2008, 07:23 PM

I have to admit although I was aware there was a graphic novel I haven't made an effort to read it. If there's a copy in my library I might give it a go because I did enjoy the film.

Alan Moore is English by the way, he's the author of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen as well if you want to check out more of his work.

Chib
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-06-2008, 03:21 AM

Honestly, one of the best graphic novels I've ever read.
I didn't enjoy the movie as much, but still.
The whole thing is great.

Tamerthanthou
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Tamerthanthou

Old 08-08-2008, 07:17 PM

I saw the movie and then I read the book and even though they were different I enjoyed it immensely!

lightsgurl4life
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to lightsgurl4life Send a message via Yahoo to lightsgurl4life

Old 08-25-2008, 05:04 PM

I think the graphic novel was way better than the movie.

Brutal-Beauty
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-15-2008, 07:38 PM

I JUST finished reading it, maybe 2 days ago. I really like it. But I haven't seen the movie. I was thinking if I read it, I might want to see the movie. Now I'm kind of afraid with what everyone says about it. I like the way Alan Moore writes and I think I might pick up the Watchmen by him.

Junizul
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-30-2009, 06:05 PM

I liked the movie and the graphic novel for different reasons. I loved the love story. It wasn't there in the graphic novel... actually reading the comic made the love story kinda creepy... I have to try to not focus on that when I watch it hehe.

I did a paper on it, and its really interesting to think about Evey's journey. The story really is about her, and how she grows. I think she mimics the whole nation in her very innocent way. : )

Rabid Rainbow
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-21-2009, 03:25 PM

I saw the movie first and then when I discovered Alan Moore had written it I went to go buy it from Borders. I'd already read Watchmen so I was a fan.

The book and the novel are extremely different, like the difference between Wicked the book and Wicked the musical.

However, I like both the novel and the movie, but in different ways.

Thulhu
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-08-2009, 09:14 AM

I really liked the movie a lot and was given the graphic novel, twice actually but still havn't had the chance to read it. If it's as much better as you guys say I'll have to get right on it! :D

Squeegepooge
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-20-2009, 06:50 PM

The graphic novel is so amazing. The story is much more in depth and the characters much more believable.

I also like the movie, but after I read the book, it just doesn't compare.

xXPyroxWrath-chanXx

Old 08-01-2009, 11:31 PM

I saw the movie nd loved it!

Fixed With Duct Tape
Anime Addict
Send a message via AIM to Fixed With Duct Tape

Old 08-03-2009, 12:35 AM

Huh.. So I'm not the only was that didn't know there was a comic book. Whew..

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 08-14-2009, 06:56 PM

I love the movie, and only today bought the graphic novel, and haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Dainty Cut Throat
Slitting necks and staying cute
Send a message via AIM to Dainty Cut Throat Send a message via MSN to Dainty Cut Throat Send a message via Yahoo to Dainty Cut Throat

Old 08-22-2009, 05:14 AM

I'm actually reading the graphic novel right now. I haven't gotten very far, but I'm getting there.

So far, I'm not very thrilled with Eevee. She's more... dense in the novel. At least in the beginning. I'm hoping she lives up to the strong character she was in the movie.

Edit: Lulz, is it really surprising that there is a graphic novel of it?
Almost every movie is based off a book, comic, etc. ;D

glass doll alice
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-20-2009, 07:25 PM

is it like the moive?

Lady Luck Infinity
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-20-2009, 08:57 PM

I've seen the movie and read the novel and I like both. Its been awhile so I'm going to have to refresh myself on the subject. Either was I absolutely love the magnificent darkness and hope shining through that darkness in that series.

JediGal
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-01-2009, 09:08 PM

Love that comic.
Actually I saw the movie first and then found the big book at a bookstore. I read the entire thing that day. To me, comic is way better than movie. But movie is still good though. ^^

The Real Nikki
One more time to Pretend.
Send a message via MSN to The Real Nikki

Old 03-03-2010, 07:49 PM

My dad makes rules that I have to read a book before I go see the movie.
I'm so happy he made me read this comic, it made me understand and get more into the story better.

Demoncat
Unknown species
Send a message via MSN to Demoncat

Old 03-03-2010, 09:32 PM

I saw the movie first and then read the graphic novel, personally I really like both, but I feel that the movie was more... exciting, the book was nice but it was just too political based, i'm fine with that but I get easily bored with that sort of stuff, but it still was interesting. :)

TalkingBackwards
Grim
Send a message via AIM to TalkingBackwards Send a message via MSN to TalkingBackwards

Old 03-12-2010, 04:49 PM

Alan Moore is a genius, so obviously the graphic novel is fantastic. But I must say that I actually enjoyed the film more than the book. The book is better, but I just happen to like the movie a bit more. The two best parts in the graphic novel were left out of the movie, though; the monologue V has toward Lady Justice before demolishing her is incredible, and This Vicious Cabaret is a disturbing but poignant poem (song?) that spans an entire chapter, every page. I've read that poem over and over again so many times...

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 07-01-2010, 09:47 PM

I just finished it, and I really enjoyed the book. Although I think the movie was good too, just a different take on the events, as it were. Really it's a different story, because Evee is so much older, and is a love interest instead of a protege.