Aaawhyme
The Almighty One: Pekoe!

Old 09-27-2009, 10:11 PM

... DSFKLDFGJKLDFGIJ AFDJKL EGFZHDFSLDF ZDF FHJK DFK FHL SFDL GFH!!!!!!

Need I say anymore?!

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, this explains the game quite nicely:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_of_the_Colossus
In which case, if you have not played or ever heard of Shadow Of The Colossus, I recommend you go and get it before I bite your face off :'D Its like, the cheapest and bestest game ever! BESTEST!

Shadow Of The Colossus is by far the best game I have ever played. I don't believe there is any other person out there who loves it about as much as I do.
And I'm not saying that because I'm stupid and think I'm the best. Nooo, I mean I'm obsessed with that game! ITS UNHEALTHY!

I've bought the game over ten times, for friends of course and... -cough- a few copies for myself. The strange part is... I buy the game, and then I run home and go play it like I've just bought a new game I've never played before! ITS SO WEIRD! Not only that, I've once stayed up all night playing the game from beginning to end and then I wanted to do it all over again ... :< DAMN IT, WHAT IS WRONG WITH MEH? -facepalm-

God, Shadow Of The Colossus is a beautiful game. Its graphics are stunning for 2005 and the story-line is so classic yet so unique! Even though there is barely any talking in that game the characters are so lovable!

Wander, even though he looks like a girl, he is so sweet and so heroic. He goes to so much trouble to save Mono.

Agro, GAH! I love that big lug! The horsey is just too amazing for words! Where would Wander be without his trusty steed?

Dormin... I LOVE DORMIN! He... Her?... It? Is so cool! I love the 'holy' lightshow and the big black colossus he/her/it really is! -sigh- Big lovable demon dude... ^_^

Then there's Lord Emon which even though he's an ass in my eyes, he is just doing what he thinks is right and I guess in a sense he is protecting the world or something, but still... LEAVE WANDER AND HIS DEAD GIRLFRIEND ALOOONNEEE!

:3

Anyway, enough about my obsession.
What is it that you like about the game? Why do you think that Shadow Of The Colossus never got the attention it deserved? WHYY!???
-sob-

Last edited by Aaawhyme; 09-27-2009 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: Editing a few things... I got into such an obsessive rush that I forgot about grammar and human words.

Yosuke Hanamura
The Crimson Alchemist

Old 09-27-2009, 11:33 PM

Well, from what I've heard: beating the Colossi are pretty hard (and lots of wandering around too). But other than that, I've yet to play it myself but one of my friends recently played it and couldn't stop talking about it either.

Aaawhyme
The Almighty One: Pekoe!

Old 09-28-2009, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosuke Hanamura View Post
Well, from what I've heard: beating the Colossi are pretty hard (and lots of wandering around too). But other than that, I've yet to play it myself but one of my friends recently played it and couldn't stop talking about it either.

The whole fun of the game is running around and fighting the colossi! Each colossus has its own unique way of killing it.
Shadow Of The Colossus is some what of a puzzle game. And finding the colossus can be a bit annoying sometimes, but using youtube or a walkthrough makes it ten times easier, though one of my favorite things to do in that game is explore and shoot fruits out of trees and find silver tailed lizards, which is what you find when your looking for colossus. :3
Its really, truly, unbelievably fun! I think ... I KNOW you should play it 8)

Erailea
Lost soul

Old 09-29-2009, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosuke Hanamura View Post
It is hard, but it's fun. You don't run around doing filler crap like in other games. It's all about finding your key targets and then discovering their weakness's so you can smite them. The animation, lighting and texturing are beautiful. It blew me away playing that game. And the story line is really nice too.

It's not like any game I've ever played before. I wouldn't say it's my favorite game, but I can certainly say it is a gem of the gaming world.

Rosamond
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-29-2009, 07:38 AM

I like this game. It could be that when it was released it was overshadowed by other more popular games. Okami didn't get as much attention as it deserved either and it is a great game as well.

I love the horse Agro, one of the coolest video game horses ever! I nicknamed one of my cat that, just because I like it when the main character would yell it's name. XD

Lukahz

Old 11-02-2009, 05:35 AM

I love that game, I think I've Beaten it 12 times(including hard mode) I lent it to a friend, they broke it....

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-05-2009, 05:48 PM

You know I have never played this game surprisingly and just have been preocuppied with outher gaames for that platform.

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-16-2010, 07:48 PM

Never played it, but watched a lot of clips.
I think it is rather selfish and just wrong that one guy goes around killing things just to revive some girl. Especially if she died of natural causes lol.

TalkingBackwards
Grim
Send a message via AIM to TalkingBackwards Send a message via MSN to TalkingBackwards

Old 03-17-2010, 07:47 AM

This game is so haunting. The first time I played it, I knew I was going to be fighting the big colossi, but I had no idea how amazing the journey was going to be. The whole continent in the game is so lonely and empty. My favorite colossus is number 4. The horse-ish looking one.