Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-23-2012, 03:30 AM

Hey! So I started playing Tales of the Abyss for the 3DS. I know it came out before on the PS2, but I just started, and I think the game is great! Don't spoil anything for me, but who else plays the Tales of games?

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-23-2012, 08:36 AM

I played Tales of Symphonia which is a long game. I never played the sequal on the Wii but want to. Just don't get Tales of Legendia because the battle system sucks majorly on it.

Draciolus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-24-2012, 12:07 AM

I agree about the battle system in Legendia...but I still played through the whole thing, even the after parts where you learn about all the characters backgrounds.

Vesperia is one of my favs(though Ive only really played Abyss, Legendia and Vesperia). I did find Vesperia had much better one-liner moments between the characters. And Abyss I thought had a better story than the others.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-25-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draciolus View Post
I agree about the battle system in Legendia...but I still played through the whole thing, even the after parts where you learn about all the characters backgrounds.

Vesperia is one of my favs(though Ive only really played Abyss, Legendia and Vesperia). I did find Vesperia had much better one-liner moments between the characters. And Abyss I thought had a better story than the others.
Tales of Symphonia was great, I really want to play Vespira but I have been waiting for Japan to release the version on PlayStation Three because there is more content and an extra playable character. I go for good storyline and lovely cell shaded characters. I like long games with good story content, puzzles, and even possible story alteration where you choose what line you wish to follow thus giving you opportunities to see different endings.

I will pick up a copy of Abyss when I get back to America. I have Tales of the World for the PSP and it is kind of fun, but the hero is a silent avatar you actually create.
and you can choose the class, warrior being the easiest to mage being the hardest.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-26-2012, 12:30 AM

Oh, I had no idea it was a series! D: Did I accidentally start in the middle? :gonk:

Draciolus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-26-2012, 05:17 AM

Not really, each game is an independent story. There are sometimes references to previous games, but those are few and far between(and usually dialogue involved in side-quests).

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-26-2012, 01:43 PM

The most recent one that just came out is Tales of Grace.

Draciolus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-26-2012, 05:39 PM

Yeah...unfortunately, there is no copy for the XBox. And I can't quite afford a PS3 to be able to play it. Hopefully the next one comes to the 360 as well...or I have a PS3 by then.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-27-2012, 04:43 AM

Oh boy, I can't wait to try the other games. After Tales of the Abyss, which one do you guys recommend I get?

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-28-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Yeah...unfortunately, there is no copy for the XBox. And I can't quite afford a PS3 to be able to play it. Hopefully the next one comes to the 360 as well...or I have a PS3 by then.
I don't have tales of Grace, I have way too many other games I need to play before I buy that one and I need to focus on getting another job when I get back home too...

@Aerinn ~ what systems do you own? I would suggest Tales of Vespira if you have x box 360 or tales of grace for ps3 although I haven't played either one, both look great in my opinion.

Draciolus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-28-2012, 11:10 PM

Vesperia is a very well done one. If you like the quick on liners of Abyss, you may just enjoy the ones they have in Vesperia(though there is one boss I hated...he annoyed me with his dialogue...and another reason which is a spoiler and I won't post that).

Ive only seen videos of Graces, and it looks like it would be a very good one to play. Maybe someone will do an emulator of it...eventually.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-01-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Vesperia is a very well done one. If you like the quick on liners of Abyss, you may just enjoy the ones they have in Vesperia(though there is one boss I hated...he annoyed me with his dialogue...and another reason which is a spoiler and I won't post that).

Ive only seen videos of Graces, and it looks like it would be a very good one to play. Maybe someone will do an emulator of it...eventually.
It will be quite some time before I buy another game. I just cannot afford to buy anymore for now as it does look very nice. I really hope Japan will be nice and release the Playstation three version of Tales of Vespira. I want that extra content they have.,