Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-30-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
idek. Doesn't it lower quality if you try to play from a HD?
If not a HDD on what is your game stored, a SSD? To answer your question, no. The storage media on which you store your games on really only affects your read/write speed which in turn will alter loading times above anything else. For example, loading a new section in Skyrim is practically instant with my SSD but on my HDD it takes a few seconds. However, it doesn't have any affect on framerate or graphics.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-30-2014, 10:42 PM

I meant an external HD.

hm. Even an MMO?

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-31-2014, 04:47 AM

Quote:
I meant an external HD.

hm. Even an MMO?
That shouldn't be a problem. Again, the only limiting factor is the read/write write of your external drive. It should work, I can't see why it wouldn't.

Another option is you could back up games you will want to play at a later date but aren't currently playing to your external hard drive.

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 07-31-2014, 04:46 PM

I played Cities in Motion 2, and tried to get into it. Its tutorial was very hard to understand and didn't help me learn to play the game at all. :c I gave it a try on my own, and I couldn't get what to do. I even looked for tutorials online, and they didn't help one bit.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-31-2014, 07:58 PM

hm. That's def an idea. I guess I'll try it when I get home.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-05-2014, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
I played Cities in Motion 2, and tried to get into it. Its tutorial was very hard to understand and didn't help me learn to play the game at all. :c I gave it a try on my own, and I couldn't get what to do. I even looked for tutorials online, and they didn't help one bit.
That stinks. Oh well, there's plenty more fish in the sea as they say.

Quote:
hm. That's def an idea. I guess I'll try it when I get home.
It should work, emphases on should.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-07-2014, 11:25 PM

.___. "should"

ugggh. I technically finished Trine, but I don't wanna uninstall it until I get all the achievements. LOL. /sob.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-11-2014, 06:36 AM

I don't like to use a definitive in relation to electronics to remove myself from potential liability, regardless of how minor that potential might be. A external hard drive is literally just another data storage device. There's nothing different about it other than the interface (USB instead of SATA.) I've run operating systems from USB disks without a problem.

I've never really cared for Steam achievements but on the Xbox I really enjoyed going after them. I guess I'm just disappointed that they aren't really utilized. There's no "score" or even a link to your achievements on your profile. They do give a lot of incentives to keep playing the game though!

I've been meaning to play Trine but I just haven't found someone to throw into lava or whatever the equivalent is in the game.