*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-06-2011, 03:03 AM

I like Imvu. The avis and stuff are cool on it... But does anyone on there esides me realize that they're uber money hungry. People on there who don't pay for membership or buy their name can't design stuff or get free credits. And most of the ways to earn credits are for adults. [insurance and credit card debt stuff] so it's hard for people to get credits for their avatars.

Any thoughts/comments on this?
Also, if you want to chat on there I'm on there as long as I'm on menewsha. [which is practically since sunrise to sundown]

Flink
FRINKZIRRA
Send a message via AIM to Flink Send a message via MSN to Flink Send a message via Yahoo to Flink

Old 07-06-2011, 03:06 AM

That's because the site is aimed at adults now. It's no longer aimed at children since they figured out that people without credit cards, cars, and all of that aren't those who generate money for their site.

Sure you can get a few bucks from mommy and daddy now and then, but really... How often can most children get money for something like that?

voenne
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-06-2011, 04:32 AM

Is buying with a credit/debit card the only way to earn credits there? That sounds not too fun. I've never tried IMVU, but I know about it and see the ads everywhere.

Last edited by voenne; 07-06-2011 at 04:32 AM.. Reason: grammar

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-06-2011, 05:01 AM

Flink: So I've noticed. I really kinda like the old imvu better. I like the fact that you have to buy your name and stuff but even now some adults don't really have all that much money to pay for stuff like that. [we're stone broke atm.] =\

Voenne: No. But you earn credits by getting insurance quote for "ree" and a free trial of netflix. I know I tried installing a toolbar for so many credits than joining my year book but the credits never came into my account. >=(

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-06-2011, 08:28 PM

=/ I really like to get on there and dress up my avatar and stuff, but... They are REALLY money hungry. It's really kind of pathetic. I hate seeing sites go bad like that. There are a few ways to earn credits on the site without buying them, but it's kind of not worth it. Most of the "best" stuff is more expensive than it should be.

Something that always irked me about it, is that as far as I can tell there's no way to sell back anything you buy. Like even if it would just remove the "item" from your account for half of what you paid for it or something... I understand that since the items are bought from other users/devs it kind of makes it difficult to ask them to provide sell backs, but it always seemed silly to me that they couldn't work something out.

I don't really like the new client, either. I originally joined back in 06 or something silly like that and I liked that set up a lot better. it had some flaws, but it didn't seem like the whole site was trying to fit in to a mini-browser on your desktop. I don't like at all that they're moving away from the actual website.

I also noticed that a bunch more of the emotes/moods are locked to people who don't pay for them? What's up with that? It's kind of a cheap move...

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-06-2011, 08:44 PM

Exactly. Most of them used to be pen except a few were VIP. Now you can't really do much on there. ANd I liked the old one better as well. The new one freezes my computer and doesn't want to work as well as the old one does. I understand they need money but they should allow guests members a little of the VIP but limit what you can do.

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-06-2011, 09:11 PM

=/ Yeah. I don't really see that they DESERVE too much money being that they aren't paying artists to design items. The users who pay to be there design the items, and if anything, I'd rather my real life money go to them for their amazing work. I've kind of gotten to the point were I view IMVU as a host for amazing 3D artists to sell their designs. It brings a uniqueness to the whole site/client that no other place can match, but at the same time, I just can't get myself to feel like the actual IMVU company deserves the ridiculous amounts of money they want us to pay to enjoy most of the features of the site. If the IMVU team actually designed all the items, actually listened to their users, etc. I might be able to feel more inclined to support them with cash.

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-06-2011, 10:07 PM

No offense to them but I don't feel like supporting them at all. =\ The artists, i would support them. ut the whole idea of the site was to have a good 3D avatar community. It just isn't much of a community anymore.

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-06-2011, 10:21 PM

Not really. =/ Most of the people you can random chat with are either pre-teen girls who don't belong on the site or they're just mean. For about every 5 people I chat with I find maybe 1-2 nice people? I don't really go on the forums much, so I can't speak for them...

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-06-2011, 10:33 PM

Eh. Maybe it's just me but no one really ever talks to me. It's usually a hey, what' up, and than occaisionally someone randomly asks me out on there.
>=\

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-06-2011, 10:36 PM

Oh. Yeah I get that some times too. I think it depends on the time of day/who you're looking to chat with. I don't like all the relationship crap on there though. It's kind of gotten to the point where people just want to use the system for cyber sex and random hook-ups instead of the friendly chat/whatever it's supposed to be.

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-06-2011, 10:45 PM

True. I never realized what people meant by cybering until a year or so ago. >.< ruined the word and Imvu for me. And I honestly wantto use it to make friends and stuff. Most of the people who randomly add me and never talk are from the same state. And when they do talk they're hella perverted. DX
I just wish some people on there were less weird. lol

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-06-2011, 11:09 PM

XD Yeah. I guess you kind of have to take IMVU for what it is and not what you want it to be. That could be said for a lot of things though.

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-06-2011, 11:15 PM

Yup... I'm still going to whine about not being able to design stuff though. I love designing things so it's just so totally not fair Dx<

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-06-2011, 11:17 PM

:c Yeah. I always thought I'd have a lot of fun with it, but since you have to pay them to do it, it's kind of... I dunno. I guess if the let free users design things and sell them they wouldn't get as much money as they do because successful designers wouldn't need to buy credits really.

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-07-2011, 12:01 AM

So... Buying VIP could be like, access to premium shop items or something?

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-07-2011, 12:08 AM

I dunno... They need to work something out though. Most people have better things they could be spending money on/supporting.

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-07-2011, 12:26 AM

Agreed. One o the most important things for us is rent+food which is practically all we can spend on. =\

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-07-2011, 12:42 AM

=/ Yeah. Bills and living expenses have to come first. I don't see a lot of people actually spending their money on IMVU though. Mostly they complain about how hard it is to get credits.

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-07-2011, 12:57 AM

Yeah. I don't think imvu will open their eyes to that until AFTER they're close or even getting close to losing a lot of their members

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-07-2011, 01:08 AM

The reality of that is that it just won't happen. More users who are willing to pay will join up. It's good business for them, so I guess that was smart on their part...

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-07-2011, 01:21 AM

You never know. New 3D avatar programs are made every year/every few years. It's only a matter of time before they have more competition.

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-07-2011, 01:36 AM

I guess so. I haven't found anything that really rivals them yet though. Like I said, allowing the users to design items is a HUGE thing for them to market.

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-07-2011, 02:08 AM

Menewsha does. >8D
Juust kidding. Hrm... second life is pretty cool... i like it.

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-07-2011, 02:14 AM

Don't you have to subscribe to use it though? Hah, I think we may be getting a little off topic.