Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-09-2012, 11:38 PM

I thought it might be interesting to have a thread to post our in-game screenshots and discuss games and the like.

From Batman Arkham City:

Been enjoying sooo much.

MajorZeldaFreak
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to MajorZeldaFreak

Old 06-10-2012, 10:24 AM

How do you take screenshots of a game?

Flowery Pit
Come fall into my abyss

Old 06-10-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorZeldaFreak View Post
How do you take screenshots of a game?
You press the key PrtSc, also known as Print Screen, and than it usually saves the image into a folder on your computer (I can't recall where), or you can just open up PAINT and Ctrl V (Paste) in there for the screenie.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-11-2012, 01:50 PM

As Flowery Pit said ^^. Though PrtSc simply copies it to your clipboard, so you have to paste it into Paint, Photoshop, etc.

You can also use Fraps, MSI Afterburner, F12 if you're playing through Steam, and plenty more. There's quite a few games that have their own hotkey, saving location, etc, for taking screenshots (like Minecraft).

Flowery Pit
Come fall into my abyss

Old 06-12-2012, 06:43 AM

This was a bit ago. I thought I had some recent ones, but I think I deleted them. :(

I'm level 89 now, but this is what I got. I mostly took a picture of what the smegas were saying in the dialog box below.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 06-12-2012, 10:15 AM

:D I have a cute butt.

MajorZeldaFreak
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to MajorZeldaFreak

Old 06-14-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowery Pit View Post
You press the key PrtSc, also known as Print Screen, and than it usually saves the image into a folder on your computer (I can't recall where), or you can just open up PAINT and Ctrl V (Paste) in there for the screenie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by admonished nonsense View Post
As Flowery Pit said ^^. Though PrtSc simply copies it to your clipboard, so you have to paste it into Paint, Photoshop, etc.

You can also use Fraps, MSI Afterburner, F12 if you're playing through Steam, and plenty more. There's quite a few games that have their own hotkey, saving location, etc, for taking screenshots (like Minecraft).
Thank you Flowery Pit and admonished nonsense. :D

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-15-2012, 03:01 AM

Yay! Post more screen shots x3.

I got a 670 yesterday, I need to take more screenshots now with all my games on their highest settings.

Spec Ops: The Line

Sniper Elite V2

XunknownX
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-16-2012, 12:59 AM

Nice screenshots admonished nonsense. Guess I'll try a couple of random ones...

The last two I thought the scenery was impressive; whether I'm easily impressed or not I don't know.

Mm... I remember I tried to tell myself to get at least one screenshot of some game I'd play on here, but still ended up forgetting... most in-game prompts went stupid anyway. Oh well.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-17-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
XunknownX
What game is that? It looks pretty ^^.

Spec Ops: The Line
When I started playing Spec Ops I sort of strapped myself in for a on sale recently released mundane if not a little interesting (because of the environment, Dubai) but it's become one of my favorite single-player games. I've actually payed attention to the story, to the characters, and watched as they have developed. In short, there's actually meaning in the game and not a simple run and gun shooter.

XunknownX
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-17-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admonished nonsense View Post
What game is that? It looks pretty ^^.
The first one was from a CB of Lime Odessey. Aeria supposed to be handling it but they have 'had' it for what... 2-3 years and no release or news really comes from them much, so I wonder if they'll just drop it. I wish I got even more screenshots of it , just in case. =/

The other two are from Aion. It's one of the prettiest MMOs I have ever been able to play even though I still do have to turn some stuff down.

Your screenshots... wow, they're so... well, some of them seem so.. dramatic? I can't think of the word right now... I can kind of feel the emotion just looking at the still images..? *explanation fail again*

This one is an old one from from Grand Fantasia. Tried to take a shot of a fire AoE Spell. Not that impressive, but I got a crit in it..? ^^;

Ominous box...

And this is what it did to me, I think... erm... brains?

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-24-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XunknownX View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][size=3][COLOR="DimGray"]The first one was from a CB of Lime Odessey. Aeria supposed to be handling it but they have 'had' it for what... 2-3 years and no release or news really comes from them much, so I wonder if they'll just drop it. I wish I got even more screenshots of it , just in case. =/

The other two are from Aion. It's one of the prettiest MMOs I have ever been able to play even though I still do have to turn some stuff down.

Your screenshots... wow, they're so... well, some of them seem so.. dramatic? I can't think of the word right now... I can kind of feel the emotion just looking at the still images..? *explanation fail again*

This one is an old one from from Grand Fantasia. Tried to take a shot of a fire AoE Spell. Not that impressive, but I got a crit in it..? ^^;

Bah, it could have become another copyright in their vault. It's disappointing when good games get dropped to the wayside.

The art direction for Aion is very pleasant, reminds me of Final Fantasy Online.

If you have ever have the funds and the want is worth the money, build a desktop ^^. It's quite easy and simple, and far less expensive than buying from Dell, HP, or so on. You could play Guild Wars 2! x3

I've rather enjoyed the game, it's not a simple run of the mill shooter that's for sure.

I do know Grand Fantasia :D. If there's a way to get my critical chance up, I'm all for it!

xD Did we learn a lesson? Or are you still drinking mysterious liquids that turn you into a monster?

Elluh
(╯°□°)╯...

Old 07-25-2012, 02:45 AM

I was playing Minecraft on my phone earlier, this sheep creeped me out.

XunknownX
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-26-2012, 02:12 AM

@admonished nonsense: That would suck, because the game overseas wherever it originated actually got shut down soon after releasing... so the only one left was Aeria's. I don't know if it was for good or if it was to fix a game-breaking bug that was missed but... yeah. Man.Makes me wish I had something recorded too. ._. Oh well, one's better than none.

Just going through character creation gave me a very Final Fantasy-ish feel. I think I only played that specific MMO with a friend for a short amount of time though. It was super hard if I remember right. Them crow monsters... geez. Er... if this is even the right one.

Mm... at the moment I just have a laptop. And I have heard building them is usually worth it if you're careful with funding... or know how to do it, which I actually do not. ^^;
And I only get laptops because I don't have the room for a big desktop... and I kinda like the portable options, even though the most I ever do is just move it around the place if I have to.

I have been debating whether to get Guild Wars 2 anyway at some point though.

Lesson? Erm... yeees? I may have... opened up a couple more, but... that was before then? Maybe... I can't remember... though it's worse when it summons one of them instead, ahaha.

@Elluh: Holy... that's... freaky. It's like... "I'm watching yooou..." <_>
*shivers*

Ah, I found a couple more from Lime.

Whimsical Sadist
The Whimsical Sadist of Invincib...
Penpal

Old 08-03-2012, 04:17 PM

Well right now I've gotten interested in this MMORPG I found: Uncharted Waters Online (UWO).
I'm really starting to enjoy playing it, even though I'm still a noob :)

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 08-06-2012, 01:42 AM

Although I don't specifically play many 'new' games, I do get hooked on some, such as Left 4 Dead. Unfortunately a lack of friends and a bit of a lag keeps me from building the courage to get into groups out of single-player mode, I like playing to pass the time. These are somewhat old and of low quality, since I tend to play on my laptop and usually just hit Prt Scr to catch images.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-06-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elluh View Post
I was playing Minecraft on my phone earlier, this sheep creeped me out.
Oh dear. Put an end to the stalker! Before its friend's arrive.

Quote:
@admonished nonsense: That would suck, because the game overseas wherever it originated actually got shut down soon after releasing... so the only one left was Aeria's. I don't know if it was for good or if it was to fix a game-breaking bug that was missed but... yeah. Man.Makes me wish I had something recorded too. ._. Oh well, one's better than none.

Just going through character creation gave me a very Final Fantasy-ish feel. I think I only played that specific MMO with a friend for a short amount of time though. It was super hard if I remember right. Them crow monsters... geez. Er... if this is even the right one.

Mm... at the moment I just have a laptop. And I have heard building them is usually worth it if you're careful with funding... or know how to do it, which I actually do not. ^^;
And I only get laptops because I don't have the room for a big desktop... and I kinda like the portable options, even though the most I ever do is just move it around the place if I have to.

I have been debating whether to get Guild Wars 2 anyway at some point though.

Lesson? Erm... yeees? I may have... opened up a couple more, but... that was before then? Maybe... I can't remember... though it's worse when it summons one of them instead, ahaha.
It really does suck; games, sequels, and studios are merging, disappearing, and getting shut down. Too many great games that we'll probably never see. I'm still sad that Fallout Online was cancelled. D: Who knows, someone might just buy the right to the game! x3

I only played it for about six months. It was rather difficult at first and I spent hours and hours grinding until I could take on anything more powerful. I had quite a bit of fun but I just didn't really have anyone to play with.

I was really apprehensive for my first build. After overcoming that first bout of anxiety I've become a little more confident when I choose parts, which is the only time consuming part. So much information out there. If you ever have the want/room for a desktop I'll be glad to help however I can. I managed to find a community that I'm rather active on that's helped a lot.

Some desktops are huge! My main rig's a colossal giant, I bought a massive case. On the other hand I have This, my tiny little mini-ITX rig that I use for a HTPC/File Server/Backup. Everything's in that little box (it's smaller than my Xbox 360). Micro-ATX and now mini-ITX are making it really easy to have a small computer that still has plenty of power.

Having a laptop's great for dragging around! x3 Especially for Menewsha and relaxing on the bed and the like ^^. Even though it has a decent GPU I only really game on my desktop x3.

It looks awesome watching all of the weekend betas. The first one was really good.

xD Risky.

I love the maps. So many MMO's have poor maps xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Sadist View Post
Well right now I've gotten interested in this MMORPG I found: Uncharted Waters Online (UWO).
I'm really starting to enjoy playing it, even though I'm still a noob :)
That looks really cool! I love the premise of trading, conquest, ships. *Searches*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachigami View Post
Although I don't specifically play many 'new' games, I do get hooked on some, such as Left 4 Dead. Unfortunately a lack of friends and a bit of a lag keeps me from building the courage to get into groups out of single-player mode, I like playing to pass the time. These are somewhat old and of low quality, since I tend to play on my laptop and usually just hit Prt Scr to catch images.
Oh yes, Left 4 Dead's a fantastic game! If you ever play co-op it really does make the game.

I love all of the wall writings. Some of them are absolutely hilarious! More screenshots x3.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:06 PM

I don't really venture out from the usual single-player mode... Rarely, then I get nervous and leave. It's a curse.

Bested by my favorite Special infected!

Advice: Don't hit a Witch on the head with a frying pan. They hate that!

Why is she always in the middle of a one-way path?

ORLY?

Today I learned you can't beat your way through an iron fence with a frying pan.

XunknownX
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-11-2012, 05:46 AM

@admonished nonsense: I think there's a (converted) f2p game that's probably close to a Fallout Online thing... maybe... but hey, here's hoping it'll get done too.

Er... *blank stupid face* I didn't even follow with the tech stuff you said. Mnumbers... and x... huh? I think if I tried it'd spontaneously combust if I didn't just sit there and stare at the stuff drooling like an idiot. >_>;

@Tachigami: Aw, it's a shame you can't find much options for co-op and stuff. What is Left 4 Dead to like, anyway? I have heard of it a lot yet I don't exactly know. Is it fighting hoards of zombies with frying pans..? XD;

An old-ish one from Trickster Online, finding a treasure box after digging on a bridge. Man.. this raccooon character... was freaking lucky. I remember this happened... at least 3 more times in the SAME night before I decided to screenshot every single one afterward, to see how many I would find. I kept a separate album for it and I think before I got bored and left it must have been at least 10 times total. It probably wasn't much but I was just... amazed.

These two are old ones from Emil Chronicle Online. It was super annoying to try and sign up for the place that had it, since even though it was in English, it was mostly Singapore or Malaysian-based or something, so the english was kinda... eh... and they ask for super weird registration questions.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:26 PM

@XunknownX: It's about a zombie outbreak, basically, stemming from something called Green Flu, which was really supposed to make you very ill. OBVIOUSLY it did a lot more!

You've got a lot of weapon options, especially with Left 4 Dead 2. New guns, my favorite being the old assault rifle. New melee weapons such as ax, frying pan, a couple bats, crowbar, golf club, and so on. In the games there are special infected that have various mutations that make them much more powerful than the commons, and we've all got out favorites.

Also, Left 4 Dead is the only game I'll even write fanfictions on, and I'm trying to find someone who'll write a Left 4 Dead RP with me!

Needless to say it's... rather fruitless.

Grumman_Goose
Dainty

Old 08-11-2012, 06:35 PM

I wanna get L4D and L4D2 and they were on sale the other week! D: oh well I'll just pay full price eventually, it took me two years to get NfS HP :/

XunknownX
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-11-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachigami View Post
@XunknownX: It's about a zombie outbreak, basically, stemming from something called Green Flu, which was really supposed to make you very ill. OBVIOUSLY it did a lot more!

You've got a lot of weapon options, especially with Left 4 Dead 2. New guns, my favorite being the old assault rifle. New melee weapons such as ax, frying pan, a couple bats, crowbar, golf club, and so on. In the games there are special infected that have various mutations that make them much more powerful than the commons, and we've all got out favorites.

Also, Left 4 Dead is the only game I'll even write fanfictions on, and I'm trying to find someone who'll write a Left 4 Dead RP with me!

Needless to say it's... rather fruitless.
Goodness, I should say so that it did more! Curse those ambitious viruses! *shakes fist*

Ooh... I may have heard more about it than I thought, since some of that is familiar. Unless there's more than one series of games about fighting zombie outbreaks with whatever weapon you can scrape up.

Aww, I'm surprised no one's been interested in a RP of it. Sounds like it could be Zombieland crazy-fun and/or funny or something. I hope you find some people. =)

@Grumman_Goose: Oh, darn. I hate when I miss a good sale. Though for me (and pretty much my whole family) we'll buy something full price, then we can go just to walk around and the VERY NEXT day or soon after the same item we just got is on sale. XD;

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Goodness, I should say so that it did more! Curse those ambitious viruses! *shakes fist*

Ooh... I may have heard more about it than I thought, since some of that is familiar. Unless there's more than one series of games about fighting zombie outbreaks with whatever weapon you can scrape up.

Aww, I'm surprised no one's been interested in a RP of it. Sounds like it could be Zombieland crazy-fun and/or funny or something. I hope you find some people. =)
Isn't that the truth? Viruses get more and more tricky every day!

There are a lot of games like that! A lot within the past five years, in fact. Although I've stuck with L4D for the most part. Other than Resident Evil 4, since I rediscovered it.

It seems so. I suppose not many people play L4D here. I thought about putting it around the special infected, which are probably very interesting if you think about it. Or at least, that's what an artist on DeviantArt makes it... Hilarious comics, those.
Thank you though! I'll not give up hope!

StrangeMwarn
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-14-2012, 02:09 PM

I just wanted to go ahead and say that this is an awesome idea for a thread.
I'll be posting pictures from games i play as soon as my computer gets reset to factory settings...it's slow right now and can't handle any games ...