Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-08-2014, 11:19 PM

`
Introduction

So, a unavoidable consequence of purchasing Humble Bundles (and other game bundles) is that you'll eventually find yourself with a ton of duplicate games or other games that aren't my style. I thought it would be a shame if all of those unused game keys went to waste and were lost to some dark recess of some storage center. Maybe someone out there would enjoy playing a title I already have and played or titles that I may not have enjoyed but others would. They're not all AAA titles and some of them may end up being mediocre. Still, they're free and there's a chance that someone would enjoy them. That chance is a lot higher than the guarantee that I'll never touch them.

Also, you are welcome to talk about games and whatever else game related in this thread!

Stuff

I really don't want to put up a bunch of rules so I'm going to call them pointers, eh? I don't want this to be some formal mess. I want simplicity!

As stated these are Steam keys so you'll have to have a Steam account to redeem them. I'll email everyone either the key or the gift link for Humble Bundle keys. I will list who has gotten what in the thread.

• Have 50 or more posts or be semi-active
• First come first serve
• I know it is self-explanatory but please only ask for games that you will play. I mean, you don't have to enjoy them (because them are them are probably meh) but just just be interested enough to give them a shot.
• Please make sure the games your asking for will run well enough on your machine to enjoy the experience. It's no fun playing a game with choppy frames.
• If you have any questions, just ask!

In return I only ask that you try to do three things. Don't worry, there's no harsh obligation. I don't need you to write over your soul or anything.

1: Look up and watch videos of the game you're interest in before asking. Plus you can ask about them in this thread as well.

2: Recommend a game that you've played before with a few reasons why or a short synopsis of the game when you ask for a game. We like finding new games!

3: Post a screenshot of you playing the game once you've had a chance to get into it and tell everyone what you thought of it!

Games:

I've decided to organize games into two categories called category one and category two. For now I'm limiting it to one category one game and a category two game or two category two games. There's a caveat though, only one game at a time. Please play the first title you get before asking for a second. This may change at some time. I'm going to try to put shorter or less robust titles in category two and large games in category one. If you think a game should be in a different category let me know. I'm not really that great at this.

Note: Linked videos may contain language/violence/or other graphic material. I haven't added videos for all of the games. So many videos.

Category One

Sanctum: Collection
Video

Hitman: Codename 47

Deus Ex: Invisible War

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut

Legends of Persia

Category Two

Galcon Legends
Video

iBomber Attack
Video

Muffin Knight

I Am Vegend – Zombiegeddon

Rush For Glory

Steel & Steam: Episode 1

Ethan: Meteor Hunter

Jack Lumber

Akane the Kunoichi

Oozi Earth Adventures

Plain Sight

inMomentum

Gone:
Quote:
Category One:
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - Radil
Video
Spec Ops: The Line - Iroase Delschatten
Video
Orcs Must Die - Dystopia
Video
Bioshock - onsenmark
Video
Cities in Motion 2 - Elirona
Video

Category Two:

Last edited by Admonish Misconstruction; 08-16-2014 at 05:05 AM..

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 07-08-2014, 11:33 PM

This is mighty generous of you! If it's okay, may I have the Spec Ops game, please? I've played some on my friend's Xbox and liked it (not to say that I'm good at it), and it will be great to be able to play it on my pc without needing to bother her too much.

As for games I've played, a friend actually bought Stanley Parable for me, insisting that I just had to play it.
If you've not heard of it, it's a kind of point-and-click interactive game. The narrator narrates and reacts to your actions in-game, sometimes with pretty interesting consequences. Saying much more may spoil the game, so I'll leave it at that. I personally enjoyed it, especially accompanied by the narrator's insults veiled in thick sarcasm. It's not a very long game and partially linear once you've managed several routes, so it might be best to get it during a sale.

Last edited by Iro; 07-09-2014 at 12:01 AM..

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 07-08-2014, 11:54 PM

I agree with Iroase, this is incredibly generous of you! There are no games you have that I want at the moment that I can't acquire on my own in the future. I'll be sure to check back and see what new games you've got on your list.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-09-2014, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroase Delschatten View Post
This is mighty generous of you! If it's okay, may I have the Spec Ops game, please? I've played some on my friend's Xbox and liked it (not to say that I'm good at it), and it will be great to be able to play it on my pc without needing to bother her too much.

As for games I've played, a friend actually bought Stanley Parable for me, insisting that I just had to play it.
If you've not heard of it, it's a kind of point-and-click interactive game. The narrator narrates and reacts to your actions in-game, sometimes with pretty interesting consequences. Saying much more may spoil the game, so I'll leave it at that. I personally enjoyed it, especially accompanied by the narrator's insults veiled in thick sarcasm. It's not a very long game and partially linear once you've managed several routes, so it might be best to get it during a sale.
It's not a problem! I sent you a PM with the link. I hope you enjoy finishing it ^^. I thought it was a refreshing departure from the typical grind that shooters drag you through.

Oh no! That's a game I forgot to look for on the summer sale. It does look really enjoyable and I remember when the original Half-Life 2 mod came out. Story driven games are tons of fun and a good story can make up for a lack of length. The feeling of being responsible for your actions and their consequences is exciting. Thank you, I'll definitely have to remember to look for it on sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
I agree with Iroase, this is incredibly generous of you! There are no games you have that I want at the moment that I can't acquire on my own in the future. I'll be sure to check back and see what new games you've got on your list.
No problem. It's better for them to get played then stay in a dusty corner of the web! I should have a few more soon.

Last edited by Admonish Misconstruction; 07-09-2014 at 01:08 AM..

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-09-2014, 05:36 AM

hm. Could I try Orcs Must Die?

For my recommendation, I recommend Trine 2. Its a puzzle game. You can play alone, but I recommend you play with friends. It turns into something like a three-man Twitch Plays Pokemon. xD;;

EDIT:

Oh. And I just wanted to tell you that I probably won't be able to start a new game for a bit. I'm still finishing up a few old games, and I have Civ 5 I still need to start. xD;

Last edited by Dystopia; 07-09-2014 at 05:39 AM..

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-09-2014, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
hm. Could I try Orcs Must Die?

For my recommendation, I recommend Trine 2. Its a puzzle game. You can play alone, but I recommend you play with friends. It turns into something like a three-man Twitch Plays Pokemon. xD;;

EDIT:

Oh. And I just wanted to tell you that I probably won't be able to start a new game for a bit. I'm still finishing up a few old games, and I have Civ 5 I still need to start. xD;
Sent the link ^^.

Maybe I'll have to give it another look. I've had it buried in my library for awhile now and simply haven't gone around to it. The art style is very pretty.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-10-2014, 12:07 AM

Thanks!

Yeah. Trine 2 has beautiful art. :D

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 07-10-2014, 05:12 AM

Ooh, so tempted to ask for Bioshock...

Regardless, check out One-Way Heroics; it might look like a very simple RPG, but it has a surprising amount of depth, with multiple character classes, weapons, and skills. Plus, you're literally racing against the darkness consuming the world, in addition to the monsters and villains in front of you.

Plus, it's pretty cheap; I managed to snag it for less than a dollar during Steam's recent summer sale.

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 07-11-2014, 12:27 AM

Oooh, I see you added Cities in Motion 2! That's a game I'm definitely interested in.

A game that I've been into is Battleblock Theater. It's really fun! I've already done most of what there is to do by myself, but have recently gotten into the co-op with an internet friend. You play as a happy friend, and a boat with you and all of your friends on it crashes into an island. The island has an abandoned theater, which is ruled over by mutated? cats. The cats take your leader, Hatty Hattington, and place this weird red hat on him. The whole game is you platforming for the cats in order to get closer to Hatty to save him! :3

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-12-2014, 03:32 AM

I apologize, my schedule has been interrupting me!

Quote:
Thanks!

Yeah. Trine 2 has beautiful art. :D
Your welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onsenmark View Post
Ooh, so tempted to ask for Bioshock...

Regardless, check out One-Way Heroics; it might look like a very simple RPG, but it has a surprising amount of depth, with multiple character classes, weapons, and skills. Plus, you're literally racing against the darkness consuming the world, in addition to the monsters and villains in front of you.

Plus, it's pretty cheap; I managed to snag it for less than a dollar during Steam's recent summer sale.
Interested enough for me to send you the link? x3 I'll send it anyways!

Ooh, looks cool. I like 8/16bit artwork (my brains so tired from today that I can't remember which one it was!) The nostalgic memories of childhood...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
Oooh, I see you added Cities in Motion 2! That's a game I'm definitely interested in.

A game that I've been into is Battleblock Theater. It's really fun! I've already done most of what there is to do by myself, but have recently gotten into the co-op with an internet friend. You play as a happy friend, and a boat with you and all of your friends on it crashes into an island. The island has an abandoned theater, which is ruled over by mutated? cats. The cats take your leader, Hatty Hattington, and place this weird red hat on him. The whole game is you platforming for the cats in order to get closer to Hatty to save him! :3
I'll send you the link momentarily.

It is! I haven't played very much as I've been waiting for the chance to play it with my girlfriend. Snagged the co-op deal during the summer sale. I loved Castle Crashers and this is looking to be just as fun.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-15-2014, 09:02 AM

So I actually never finished Trine, so this thread inspired me to go back. Even solo I'm having a lot of fun, but I'm sad I lost my Trine-partner. The game was making his computer crash. ;___;

Radil

Old 07-21-2014, 11:47 AM

Could I ask for "The Bureau?" I missed it's bundle at the last minute, and a friend of mine wanted me to try it since he seemed to enjoy it.

For a recommendation, I recently picked up Mount & Blade Warband. It's a combat/nation building simulator, where you recruit an army and send them out on the field against enemy armies. You can direct your troops, or just tell them to run behind you as you charge. The normal variation of the game has a distinctly Medieval setting, but I've been enraptured by the Gekokujo Mod, which completely redoes the game to that of the Warring States era of Japan. Everything has been changed, they added Teppo and tons of japanese and chinese weapons, completely redid the map and nobles and even added cities. It's really really well done, and I recommend it if you enjoy Warband and like the Warring States era, or just want something outside of the normal Warband Experience.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-23-2014, 05:26 AM

Quote:
So I actually never finished Trine, so this thread inspired me to go back. Even solo I'm having a lot of fun, but I'm sad I lost my Trine-partner. The game was making his computer crash. ;___;
Aw... it does seem like the sort of game that's better with two than one. Glad it motivated you though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radil View Post
Could I ask for "The Bureau?" I missed it's bundle at the last minute, and a friend of mine wanted me to try it since he seemed to enjoy it.

For a recommendation, I recently picked up Mount & Blade Warband. It's a combat/nation building simulator, where you recruit an army and send them out on the field against enemy armies. You can direct your troops, or just tell them to run behind you as you charge. The normal variation of the game has a distinctly Medieval setting, but I've been enraptured by the Gekokujo Mod, which completely redoes the game to that of the Warring States era of Japan. Everything has been changed, they added Teppo and tons of japanese and chinese weapons, completely redid the map and nobles and even added cities. It's really really well done, and I recommend it if you enjoy Warband and like the Warring States era, or just want something outside of the normal Warband Experience.

Sure, of course!

Mount & Blade Warband seems really cool. It reminds me of Total War in a way, but with some twists and turns to set it apart. I enjoy any game that's open to modding as it can extend the game for hours and hours more.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-23-2014, 07:36 AM

ye. Half the fun is trapping your friends in fire pipes. :I

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-23-2014, 07:58 AM

Quote:
ye. Half the fun is trapping your friends in fire pipes. :I
It's always more fun when you can badger and possibly murder your friends! That's something I've been missing more and more these days. There seems to be a lack of co-op games coming out nowadays. Not to say there aren't any, but most games seem to focus on either on single-player and/or competitive multilayer. I want more co-op games!

Fortunately there's a lot of games in Q4 2014 and 2015 that I'm really looking forward to that will numb the pain.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-23-2014, 08:01 AM

rofl. My friend used to trap me in pits and drop goblins down on my head. Or throw bee hives at me.

... My friend is a terrible friend.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-24-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
rofl. My friend used to trap me in pits and drop goblins down on my head. Or throw bee hives at me.

... My friend is a terrible friend.
No, no! That's what friends do. It is in the manual.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-24-2014, 11:24 PM

asdf. Friendship is pain. xD

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-25-2014, 10:55 PM

Life is pain, anyone who says otherwise is selling something.

I can't tell you how many times I've been left for dead or purposefully offed by my friends in games. They're almost more dangerous than the AIs or other players. Especially in Borderlands. If you're downed, your going to die. Everyone else will purposefully make sure you can't get your second wind.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-25-2014, 10:57 PM

... Friends are the most dangerous enemies in a game. XD

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-29-2014, 06:12 AM

That's more or less generally the case.

There's a lot of indie platformers floating around nowadays and their a dime a dozen. I've been playing a number of relatively good ones lately. They're so cheap!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-29-2014, 07:48 AM

idek. I guess I can't really talk. 'cause I've prolly done some terrible things to my friends, too. :I;

Haha. I don't have room on my computer anymore. I need to finish some games and uninstall them to make room for new ones.

Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 07-29-2014, 02:05 PM

Okay, this is a really great idea.
I want to do this as well, if I end up with extra games.

I'm going to watch a few video of what I think I would want and then I'll ask.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-29-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
idek. I guess I can't really talk. 'cause I've prolly done some terrible things to my friends, too. :I;

Haha. I don't have room on my computer anymore. I need to finish some games and uninstall them to make room for new ones.
Such is life. It's cathartic isn't it? If you pushed your friend off a cliff in real life into a fiery abyss you'd go to prison. Yet in a video game you can laugh and get away with it.

More hard drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio_Moustache View Post
Okay, this is a really great idea.
I want to do this as well, if I end up with extra games.

I'm going to watch a few video of what I think I would want and then I'll ask.
Thanks! If you buy enough bundles you'll have more than enough. I have solid amount of extra keys that aren't even listed. Should be enough to keep this going for a long while.

Have at it!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-30-2014, 05:20 AM

idek. Doesn't it lower quality if you try to play from a HD?