Elluh
(╯°□°)╯...

Old 04-01-2011, 04:20 AM

Ahh! I'm going to pull out my hair from lack of sleep..i'm starting to get grey hairs.
I haven't slept in roughly 4 days straight..it's hard to type without making an error every few words. What's kept me from sleep? SAT prep/Freddy Kruegar movies/Ap Classes/BILLS.
I tried keeping myself up with cold water and watching netflix.
I feel like there's not enough hours in the day..or the days just seem endless sometimes.
For instance, today I was in my sculpture class priming a piece..when suddenly I thudded forward into a palate full of gesso and left over plaster.
I stayed there for a few seconds..then got up. It made me laugh at the end of the day and gave me a huge reality check. I need sleep. xD

So, I want to know what you guys do with sleep deprivation!

Have you ever stayed up for more than a week?
What keeps you up?
How do you react with it?

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 04-01-2011, 04:29 AM

I had a week in grad school where we had 6 tests in 5 days. Yeah, I think I got about 2 hours of sleep a night that week at most. I honestly don't do well without sleep. By the end, the only thing that was keeping me up was coffee and cold showers. After it was over I think I crashed for about 16 hours!

I often get insomnia, but that usually only lasts a day or two. So I can do pretty well with little sleep for a day or two, but more than 3 days and I am screwed!

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 04-01-2011, 02:39 PM

I can't sleep at night half the time so the average amount of sleep I get is two hours a night, if I even sleep. I stay up for two or three days in a row then just crash. I work a lot of weird hours and I think that's part of the reason I can't sleep. I really need to get a normal job where I can work steady hours.

I just deal with it. I watch movies to try to sleep or listen to music or sometimes I'll go for a walk for a few hours.

Aedmourne
The Dawnhammer

Old 04-02-2011, 04:18 AM

For some time now, I've struggle with insomnia aslo...I have no idea how it started really. I find it hard to get to sleep, and difficult to remain asleep...for some reason I tend to toss and turn a lot, no matter how comfortable the bed feels at first, I can never seem to get to sleep easily, nor can I seem to stay that way throughout he night...its entirely frusterating...

alexandrakitty
Queenish silliosity

Old 04-02-2011, 04:29 AM

I know that -- I get by on a couple of hours sleep when I am in the middle of writing -- but when I dream, it feels like I have been sleeping for days...

Elluh
(╯°□°)╯...

Old 04-03-2011, 04:27 PM

I think we all need a really good bed and a mute button.

My mom just woke me up with her overplaying Spanish music, that's really to much.
And her screaming.."LEVANTATE ELLAH!" >:C -cranky.-

alexandrakitty
Queenish silliosity

Old 04-03-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elluh View Post
I think we all need a really good bed and a mute button.

My mom just woke me up with her overplaying Spanish music, that's really to much.
And her screaming.."LEVANTATE ELLAH!" >:C -cranky.-
Usually it's the phone ringing or someone yelling at the cats downstairs as if that's going to get them to do anything they don't want to do...

Elluh
(╯°□°)╯...

Old 04-03-2011, 05:20 PM

Aww, I love cats! Kitties meow a lot at night..I used to have one. But i'm allergic to them. :c
I hate when my family yells at the dogs - . -; It's not like they're going to respond back..