Reiko
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Reiko Send a message via MSN to Reiko Send a message via Yahoo to Reiko

Old 05-27-2008, 04:09 AM

Greetings! I'm Reiko, I "migrated" from Gaia Online, and I'm an art whore. At the moment, I am in search of decent, possibly uniform references of my characters; so fullbody (back and front) and a headshot of each. I'm starting with a few groups and I will add to them later. I don't know what art runs for in these parts, but I thought since I'm a tetris fiend I'll be able to afford it one way or another... One game at a time if I have to.

If you're at all interested, feel free to post. I'd like to know:

-What your rates are.
-Which character you are interested in drawing, or if you're interested in trying your hand at all of them.
-If you are willing to do color
-If you would like to do headshots, fullbody portraits, or both.
-In addition, any questions you may have for me.

And if, for some crazy reason, you just want to have a chat with me, feel free to do so. <3 Let the quest begin!

Last edited by Reiko; 05-30-2008 at 02:54 AM..

Reiko
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Reiko Send a message via MSN to Reiko Send a message via Yahoo to Reiko

Old 05-27-2008, 04:09 AM

A new site, a new avatar. For a long time, I was just represented by the characters I role played. However, on Gaia Online and now here I developed more solid avatars/representations. So where better place to start than myself? Followed up by pixel ponderings.

Name: Somer

Height: 5'7"

Race: Human (Though other species have been suggested)

Class: Oh, maybe a little

References: [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

Physical Description: Curves! Curls! And let's pretend 5'7" is tall! Strawberry blond hair, which used to fall past the butt in waves, now in ringlets to the shoulders. Pastey white and dusted in freckles. Scratch that, in some areas dipped and not dusted! Usually late at night before bed, glasses are worn; being blind is awful, but blue-green eyes with a ring of gold are worth it. Fashion can be fun; from your basic jeans to your classy suits... to those gorgeous dresses to the trashed hand-me-downs... to boyfriend's clothes and the alternative scenes' clothes I cozied up in since I was little. And you know what? I still wear all of it. Artists are welcome to run ideas by me, go by the references, or ask for something else to look at. The only things I'm viciously against are certain color combinations and cowboy boots.

Character Personality Details: What a weirdo! No joke, man. Skips down the street at random, talks to herself, sarcastic, optimistic but realistic, empathetic and annoyed about it, likes to think of herself as creative (but always denies being an artist), has off-the-wall fetishes, can be ridiculously shy at times, at others painfully honest, open, and talkative... she's a constant in friends' lives, but she feels like she's always changing, then she's told she hasn't really changed at all... she speaks Japanese! You have to be a special kind of crazy to study Japanese for six years! Seriously, the program she's in-- I'm getting off track. I guess I always was bad at talking about myself.

Other Notes: Feel free to make me kinda cool; Cool like magic! That way I'll retain my nerd points.

Name: Sol

Height: 5'5"

Race: Is irrelevant! Rights for all!

Class: Daydreamer

References: [x] [x]

Physical Description: I can't quite tell because of her layers of clothing, but I assume she's a well shaped girl. She probably just doesn't care for her figure, that's why she's layered those shirts, wearing stockings in the summer, not paying close attention to color schemes and draping herself with jewelry and scarves. I dig the boots, though, they kind of make me think that she could be a rebel... With dreamy green eyes to match that pretty pastel colored pencil sticking out of her hair. Speaking of, that colored pencil compliments those other three she has sticking out of her hair quite nicely. Her hair is a bit messy, though, held up by all those lovely pins and hairsticks... And still, she doesn't manage to keep it all out of her face. Those adorable pointed ears managed to escape the fall, though. She needs more sun; a tan might look good with hair so fair. I've never seen her without her sketchbook and pencils, and I thought about following her one day to see if she has them permanently attached to her or something. I decided I wasn't a stalker.

Character Personality Details: A quiet girl, often lost in her own world that she creates in her mind and on paper. When these fantasies are interrupted she is friendly, speaking sweetly and softly. Some people question whether her manner in public really reflects who she is and whether or not she ever comes out of her dream-like state.

Other Notes: Maybe she's a Pisces. And yes, I know this is my current avatar and she possesses a different name. I did not have this in mind when I created this account over a year ago. I had the RP character below in mind.

Last edited by Reiko; 05-30-2008 at 02:52 AM..

Reiko
*^_^*

Old 05-27-2008, 04:10 AM

Characters I used fairly often in RPs on forums, chats, and in communities. I'll add to this section gradually, because there were quite a few... and still more that I abandoned over time.

Name: Reiko

Height: 5'18"

Race: Unknown

Class: Martial Artist/Magic User

References: [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

Physical Description: Silky blue hair falls to her mid-back with messy bangs that usually get in the way of her bright blue eyes. She is slim, not so gifted in the bust area, pale, and has long, rather sharp nails. She ought to drink less and eat more, but it wouldn't make any difference. Her most distinguishing features would be her black cat ears and tail. She does not have human ears, but has far better hearing with her cat ears, anyway (and don't comment on her lack of human features unless you want to lose some of your own). She usually wears black knee-high, lace-up boots, and all sorts of black, form-fitting clothing. She always wears a silver pentacle on a dainty silver chain and at times wears a spiked collar. A second spiked collar often found on her tail (quite an amusing weapon). On occasion she can be caught wearing a kimono, but not too often (despite all the grace she displays while fighting she simply can't walk and wear a kimono).

Character Personality Details: Were it not for the frequent loss of family and friends, she would be a much more cheerful person. A lost kitten, who wanders aimlessly like the gypsies that adopted her, she has no purpose in life and pursues nothing. Unless she consumes large amounts of alcohol (which she enjoys all too much) she appears to others as being calm, graceful, and controlled, just very quiet. When she is slobbering drunk, she's very friendly, affectionate, and has this odd tendency to purr.

Other Notes: This character is a bit of a joke; Once a month she turns into a cat, cold water changes her feline features into fox-like features, and having her lack of human features (*cough* Ears) pointed out is about the only things that infuriates her. Furthermore, I used her for a long period of time as a model for gothic-lolita outfits and crazy, plotless RPs. A vibrant, out of character, alternate outfit can be found h e r e if you're interested.

Last edited by Reiko; 05-30-2008 at 01:14 AM..

Reiko
*^_^*

Old 05-27-2008, 04:11 AM

These lovely characters were pre-existing, then made into sprites/characters on Ragnarok Online, and then further developed in my mind and online. The characters retain strong similarities in clothing and class to the RO sprites, but it would be fun to work with an artist (or two) and make them more visually unique. I've experimented with this on a couple of characters. And now to the introductions:

Name: Elwen

Height: 5'10"

Race: Half-Elf

Class: Archer > Hunter > Sniper (Focus on Taming Animals)

References: [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

Physical Description: Platinum blond hair, skin with a healthy glow from her travels, one green eye... one blue. Spending most of her time in warmer climates, and being ridiculous like most fantasy females, she is scantily clad. Sandy browns and deep earth tones supposedly help her blend into her surroundings... say that to the guy at the bar she was last at. Belts help keep what little clothing she has in place, and endearing little patches have been sewn here and there. For a hunter, she tends to overaccessorize. Goggles, cat bands, bows, and hairpins aren't necessary, but so entertaining! More ridiculous are the bells she attaches to her hood, she enjoys the challenge they present while trying to sneak up on her prey.

Character Personality Details: Friendly, bright, helpful, and only slightly perverted. She lives to socialize and meet new and interesting people. She wanders around, trying to find people to help, collecting unique valuables along the way.

Other Notes: Her name means "star maiden." The kanji on her right thigh means "star daughter" and the tattoo on her shoulder is vaguely referring to cycles in life and the symbol for yin and yang. Specific colors for clothing is negotiable.

Name: Raumo

Height: 3'6" to his shoulder

Species: Shapeshifter (Preferred form is that of a wolf)

Class: Companion

References: [x] [x]

Character Personality Details: Always seems aloof, nonchalant, and cocky. Similar to Hwesta, he is sarcastic, intelligent, and not at all tolerant of foolishness.

Other Notes: Name refers to the sound that thunder/storms make. He is one of Elwen's shapeshifter companions that she bonded to more recently. Therefore, he isn't as eager to lay down his life to help Elwen, but friendly enough.

Name: Hwesta

Wingspan: 3"

Species: Shapeshifter (Preferred form is that of a falcon)

Class: Companion

References: [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

Character Personality Details: Sharp, harsh, and very protective of Elwen. Comments made to the falcon are usually met with sarcasm and pessimism unless he finds you to be worthy and extremely intelligent.

Other Notes:

Name: Ayira

Height: 5'6"

Race: Human

Class: Taekwon > Soul Linker

References: [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

Physical Description: Bright green eyes, spunky pink hair, and dark skin like her three sisters. Her clothing is light, color coordinated for some odd reason, and non-restrictive so she can do martial arts with ease. Those geta are a weird choice of shoes, but she doesn't wear them half the time. No one questions the doll and bunny ears, or the enormous bow she wears. The last guy who said anything about it was beaten and left in the woods for bears.

Character Personality Details:Usually friendly, very active both physically and socially, and but has a fairly short temper. When she chooses to believe in something it's never half-heartedly, as is common in her family. She is confident, but not overly so, having tested her limits already and only pushing them gradually.

Other Notes: Her name means "chosen one."

Name: Aboyo

Height: 5'6"

Class: Acolyte > Priestess

References: [x] [x] [x] [x]

Physical Description: Fairly conservative in her dress, considering she is a priestess. She favors older fashions, which contrasts with her rather outlandish green hair and lavender eyes. Like her sisters, she has dark skin, but as mentioned prior, has a habit of covering it up. Conservative and cute bows are favored. She claimed the wings of a dark creature and wears them proudly... odd for one holy, but maybe it deserved it.

Character Personality Details: Sweet, supportive, and mild-mannered. She knows where her faith lies, but is careful not to push or influence anyone else's opinion; remaining open to new things.

Other Notes: Her name means "to saunter." Colors and styles of clothing are negotiable.

Name: Mahealani

Height: 5'4"

Class: Merchant > Alchemist >Biochemist

References: [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

Physical Description: She doesn't have hair like the moon because she's the oldest of the sisters, or because it looks good with a tan, but I can't actually tell you why she has that white, well-kept hair. Or why every sister has differently colored, but equally absurd eyes. With Mahealani, they're electric blue. Like the oceans she works near... Which is why skirts, short jackets, and tinner materials are preferred. For her profession, she tries to look presentable by wearing a ribbon around her neck, which compliments that fancy crescent shaped hair pin in her hair... and contrasts laughably with the plain work gloves she needs to wear.

Character Personality Details: Loud, outgoing, and very clever. She's a salesman to the core, but generally doesn't need to coerce her buyers. Like Ayira, she can have a bit of a short fuse and tends to defend her beliefs violently. Being the big sister, she feels it is necessary to mother and protect her three younger siblings.

Other Notes: Her name references the moon. Clothing and colors are somewhat negotiable.

Name: Masozi

Height: 6'

Class: Swordswoman-in-training

References: [x] [x] [x] [x]

Physical Description: The tallest and the only one with naturally colored hair to match her luminous skin. She's pretty, but allows her hair to get shaggy and in her face, giving her a less polished look than her sisters. Her clothes are slightly more practical, secrete leather armor, and any accessories she has were forced on her by her older sisters. Her eyes change, shifting from light browns and oranges to gold, as if her appearance hasn't entirely settled on her.

Character Personality Details: Very much like Aboyo, but not so set in her beliefs. She seems lost and a little indecisive, assaulted by the opinions and values of other members of her family. She isn't very social, and only speaks when spoken to unless someone appears desperate enough for help. She keeps to herself, and spends long periods of time training and meditating on her path in life.

Other Notes: Her name means "tears."

Last edited by Reiko; 05-30-2008 at 02:28 AM..

Reiko
*^_^*

Old 05-27-2008, 04:12 AM

Some characters I strictly created to fill the stories constantly running through my head. They are generally greater in number and much more vague, so this section will be filled last.

Last edited by Reiko; 05-28-2008 at 01:00 AM..

Reiko
*^_^*

Old 05-27-2008, 04:25 AM

When I run out of characters, I'll want my characters drawn with friends' characters, naturally. I expect this section will be empty for some time.

Last edited by Reiko; 05-28-2008 at 12:58 AM..

Reiko
*^_^*

Old 05-27-2008, 04:29 AM

Just for my own reference, really. I like lists, they help you keep track of things when life gets crazy.

Current Commissions

Artists I am currently waiting on art from.

Commissioned Artists

Artists I have received art from.

Future Commissions

Artists I hope to commission or that are discussing terms with me.

Last edited by Reiko; 05-28-2008 at 12:53 AM..

Reiko
*^_^*

Old 05-27-2008, 04:30 AM

Reserved to link lovely viewers like you. If you have a link you would like me to post, request politely in this thread and I will add your link to this section. If you would like to link me, I would be most grateful, banners and codes will be provided for your use if you desire.

HTML Code:
[url="http://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96123"] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/neko_no_gekkido/fontplay1-1-1.jpg[/img]  [/url]

HTML Code:
[url="http://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96123"] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/neko_no_gekkido/fontplay1-1.jpg[/img]  [/url]

HTML Code:
[url="http://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96123"] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/neko_no_gekkido/rrbanner1.jpg[/img]  [/url]

HTML Code:
[url="http://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96123"] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/neko_no_gekkido/rrbanner2.jpg[/img]  [/url]

HTML Code:
[url="http://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96123"] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/neko_no_gekkido/rrbanner3.jpg[/img]  [/url]

Last edited by Reiko; 06-04-2008 at 01:48 PM..

Reiko
*^_^*

Old 05-27-2008, 04:37 AM

Maybe I'll pretty it tonight... or tomorrow when I should be studying for a Biology exam. <3

Though I don't have my info up, people are welcome to post here now.

Last edited by Reiko; 05-27-2008 at 08:43 AM..

Skrae
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Skrae Send a message via Yahoo to Skrae

Old 05-27-2008, 06:02 PM

YAY!
POSTING!
-fades into the woodwork to stay-
^__^
Luff you Reiko~!

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 05-27-2008, 06:05 PM

*jumps in and looks around* Very cute.

Reiko
*^_^*

Old 05-27-2008, 06:10 PM

Cute is apparently my thing... can't rid myself of it. It can be an advantage, though.

*cuddles Skrae*

Skrae
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-27-2008, 06:28 PM

There's nothing worng with cute.
And you're adorable~!
-snuggles back-

Red Calypso
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-27-2008, 06:38 PM

Hello, Reiko! Welcome to Menewsha!

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 05-27-2008, 06:40 PM

I meant the thread was cute...not you specifically Reiko. Cute isn't quite the first word that I would use to describe you. Perhaps deadly would be better.

Reiko
*^_^*

Old 05-27-2008, 06:41 PM

Oh no, I didn't think you were calling me cute. X3 Just I do cute. Especially in drawings.

Deadly, eh? Nyahahahaha...

Thank you, Calypso!

Skrae
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-27-2008, 06:46 PM

Nope, you and your drawings.
^^

Dollface~
<3
-hides from the inevitable frying pan-

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 05-27-2008, 06:55 PM

Yep, definitely deadly and perhaps a side of psychotic. But squishably loveable nonetheless.

Reiko
*^_^*

Old 05-27-2008, 07:18 PM

*chucks a shoes in Skrae's direction* ^^ *purr*

My piggy practical only took 15 minutes.. amazing! I'm done for the day.

Skrae
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-27-2008, 07:42 PM

Piggy practical?

Oh, and reiko, I miss hearing you go nuts over your art assignments.
^^;
It's stupid, but true.
And congrats on the 15 minute practical!

-ducks shoes-

Reiko
*^_^*

Old 05-27-2008, 08:03 PM

I haven't had any art assignments this term, you're not missin' anything.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 05-27-2008, 08:04 PM

Very confused about the piggy practical. WTF is that?

Could just smack the people at Taco Bell...they completely skipped my order. Ugh.

Skrae
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-27-2008, 08:06 PM

Smack them!
>:D

Reiko
*^_^*

Old 05-27-2008, 08:15 PM

The people at Taco Bell last night tried to give us like.. two or three extra tacos and charge us more... @_@ I suppose I can see how they may have confused my boyfriends order.. but still. I was bitter about there only being a drive through and having to sit out in the cold wind and eat.

It was a Biology exam, Andais. I had to identify different organs and such.

And w00t for starting to get some characters banners up in the RO section.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 05-27-2008, 08:49 PM

They just skipped my order entirely! Was not happy with them when I had to wait to go back up to the counter because they were so packed and behind in getting food out to people. Would have just gone through the drive thru, but it was crazy busy too.