Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-02-2015, 12:05 AM

I did my undergrad in Health Care Management and just graduated in May - then I turned around and got accepted immediately into the Nursing program at the same school lol It's only 2 years for the RN program, then an additional year for the Bachelor's degree because I have so much transfer credit - but I'm legit drained. These classes are horribly set up and they forced us to have e-books for everything, which I personally cannot stand. It's honestly a nightmare. :(

Oh wow! What made you decide to get your grad in something else?

Thank you!! You as well! :D

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 09-02-2015, 12:44 AM

that is super productive of you! and i agree with you on e-books, it makes it harder to take notes, add post its and highlight. i'm glad my current professor had real books but we use a lot of articles from psychological sources, seeing as that is my degree, it makes sense and i certainly don't expect us to get real handouts of every single article.

well my bachelors is in communications and i worked in radio and news papers sort of stuff. i applied for jobs in the field after college but got no hits and i needed a job soooo i went into residential and social work sort of stuff and that's where i have all my experience in sooooo i thought it would be smart to run with it

and thank you!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-02-2015, 12:49 AM

Fear the WARRIOR!
Username: Cora
Image of My Entry:

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-02-2015, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
that is super productive of you! and i agree with you on e-books, it makes it harder to take notes, add post its and highlight. i'm glad my current professor had real books but we use a lot of articles from psychological sources, seeing as that is my degree, it makes sense and i certainly don't expect us to get real handouts of every single article.

well my bachelors is in communications and i worked in radio and news papers sort of stuff. i applied for jobs in the field after college but got no hits and i needed a job soooo i went into residential and social work sort of stuff and that's where i have all my experience in sooooo i thought it would be smart to run with it

and thank you!
Thank you! :D

Oh that's totally understandable. But I'm sure they don't make you print them and bring them to class, right? My instructors are totally contradictory - they tell us don't waste trees and don't print things out, then every single thing in their weekly folder is "(print out and bring to class)" next to it. Like, ummmm - why did you make us have e-books and laptops that we have to bring every day, only to have us print stacks of paper out every damn week. No joke - I've gone through an entire package of paper because of this class. It's ridiculous!

I would totally be happy if I could have a physical textbook and then use articles and journals for my homework/papers etc. I had that set-up for my MGMT degree and it was perfect!

Oh wow! That's a totally different field! Though on one hand it does pair well - psychology requires you to be a great speaker and writer, so a communications background is actually really useful! Especially on the researching end.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-02-2015, 01:18 AM

Awesome warrior Cora. :D

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 09-02-2015, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
Thank you! :D

Oh that's totally understandable. But I'm sure they don't make you print them and bring them to class, right? My instructors are totally contradictory - they tell us don't waste trees and don't print things out, then every single thing in their weekly folder is "(print out and bring to class)" next to it. Like, ummmm - why did you make us have e-books and laptops that we have to bring every day, only to have us print stacks of paper out every damn week. No joke - I've gone through an entire package of paper because of this class. It's ridiculous!

I would totally be happy if I could have a physical textbook and then use articles and journals for my homework/papers etc. I had that set-up for my MGMT degree and it was perfect!

Oh wow! That's a totally different field! Though on one hand it does pair well - psychology requires you to be a great speaker and writer, so a communications background is actually really useful! Especially on the researching end.
nah it's not required we print out anything so i have saved paper which is nice. we also have a pretty good online library that i have access to so it doesn't mean going to the campus to use it. i hope your next class is better and more paper efficient! and it really is a totally different field and it really doesn't have anything to do with communications, or at least what i learned haha i suppose there may be some researching sort of aspects that carried over buuut i am totally a very bad speaker although i am much better at writing, which is what my focus was during those communication years hehe

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-02-2015, 01:49 AM

Omg - your purple demon looks amazing Neph! :D

@Linn: Hopefully! It's only week 2 so I'm hoping once we get going things will get better

Lol! I'm a horrible speaker too, so don't worry - you're not alone in that department! I'm definitely much better at writing than speaking - my brother is the total opposite though - he's a phenomenal speaker! It's ridiculous that he got those genes and I didn't when I'm the one in a personable field and he's in computers XD;

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 09-02-2015, 02:02 AM

Eish . Sorry about that, Linnea. Didn't realise it was dark green

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 09-02-2015, 02:05 AM

I've killed more men in one day than you'll ever meet in your lifetime.

Fear the WARRIOR!
Username: Dystopia
Image of My Entry:

Stand aside.

Last edited by Dystopia; 09-04-2015 at 05:03 AM..

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 09-02-2015, 02:17 AM

I am the MAGE!
Username: Velvet
Image of My Entry:

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 09-02-2015, 02:38 AM

Cora! Kent has requested you not go poaching!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 09-02-2015, 02:41 AM

And Linnea! Kent has also called for your capture for stealing!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-02-2015, 02:42 AM

Bwahaha - omg Dys - I love your Warrior and the caption - the meat just makes it perfect! XD; Also a great use of the zombie spots and tattoos!!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 09-02-2015, 02:43 AM

Thank you! Yeah, the ham really adds to the atmosphere. XD;

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-02-2015, 02:44 AM

Completely agree lol I saw you building it and wondered if it was for the Warrior entry - the ham has always been my favorite aspect xD; The caption just made it that much better though - seriously - love it!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 09-02-2015, 02:45 AM

LOL. I'm glad you like it. I was struggling so much with the background.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 09-02-2015, 02:48 AM

Fear the WARRIOR!
Username: Velvet
Image of My Entry:

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-02-2015, 02:49 AM

I bet! I like what you ended up with though - it reminds me of the Vin Diesel movies - the Riddick ones?

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 09-02-2015, 03:20 AM

idek. I'm still making last-minute changes before Maria or Linnea come and confirm my entry. LOL.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-02-2015, 03:25 AM

Lol! Good luck! :D

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 09-02-2015, 03:27 AM

Ionno. What do you think? Better or worse? Brown walls or grey?

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-02-2015, 03:32 AM

Did you have those mountains there before? Something's making the avi blend really weirdly now and I can't tell exactly what part it is!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 09-02-2015, 03:45 AM

Nope. Are the mountains funny?

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-02-2015, 03:56 AM

Okay! I'm not crazy then! I just wanted to make sure it was the mountains and not the brown stone before I said anything because I couldn't remember if they were there or not and the brown stone now made it too blendy, or if it was in fact the mountains - the post above has the Grey stone but the same mountains so that's why I was confused for a sec! I personally don't like those mountains with it - it makes the meat and face blend too much with the orange parts - to me it's just too much of that color around the avi itself! Even with the Grey stone it looks off to me - perhaps try a different color mountain maybe? I don't have the CI yet so not sure what it come with right now (on mobile) lol!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 09-02-2015, 04:00 AM

Hm. The other mountains look pretty out of place. One is a morning one and one is a night one. The morning one is super bright ,and the night one is blue. xD