M i r o
Comatose

Old 11-07-2009, 02:44 AM

Are you going for Nursing as a career? o:

For me, I heard it a long time ago, not in class, but on the radio. I thought it was pretty creepy and so devastating that, that disease exists.

Miss Mad Hatter
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 11-07-2009, 02:48 AM

Miro; I sure am. ^^ I'm going to be an nurse.
I took anatomy in high school though. Lol

sweetly25
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 11-07-2009, 02:53 AM

-pokes in again-

forgot to check back this thread XO

M i r o
Comatose

Old 11-07-2009, 02:55 AM

@ Miss Hatter; Woo, I guessed right! xD I shee, there wasn't any Anatomy class in my schools. Just Health class, science class and Biology (disecting).

There's too many people going for a nursing career. I know thats where basically you can earn a lot of gross income but Hospitals are short on hands for a reason. Most Hospitals want to keep low staff and pay low wages. And the more people go for the nursing career, I think the wages are going to decrease or the career at least. @.@;

But I know we need more forensics and chiropractor's. Theres a lot less of those. Probably because people have weak stomachs to handle dead bodies and corpses to inspect how and why they died. That or breaking someones bones even though you're trying to fix them into place again and get sued. LOL XDD

@ Sweet; Lol Its always here. 8D Welcome back!

sweetly25
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 11-07-2009, 02:56 AM

Thanks.. wee -runs around-

Miss Mad Hatter
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 11-07-2009, 03:10 AM

Miro; yeah probably. But i'm not going for the money. lol
I was going to go into forensics [took the class in highschool] but that's too many yrs of MATH. Dx I love science but absolutely despise math.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 11-07-2009, 03:16 AM

Okay. Most people I know need the money, so they are learning that career to make it in life. But they'll find out that it'll be tough getting a permanent spot on a hospital without high creditionals. xD

Haha, yeah you have to know your math to the tinest specific measurement. You also can't really hurt your fingers either for that kind of work. Its a really tough job, especially since its not just Adult bodies that you have to work on.

My mom became friends with this guy Frankie, and he's both a chiropractor and a forensics. And owns his own businesses for them. He's going after further into his career with the top degree or diploma for those two (whatever its called) in England. He makes roughly 200,000$ a year or more. He said he'll do everything except working on babies because that's going too far for him, as he says. Which I'd be that way too, I wouldn't want to work on babies corpses.

Miss Mad Hatter
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 11-07-2009, 03:29 AM

Nothing is about the money for me. After I go into nursing, I'm going to go into Psychology. <3
Even though I still wanna be a baby doctor. :] Either pediactric doctor or one that helps deliver. :3

I couldn't work on baby corpses Dx

Anoni
is a cool kid.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:32 AM

Miss Mad Hatter, if you become an obstetrician/midwife, there's still a large chance that you'll have to deal to deal with baby corpses. (Still births, deformities, etc)

:(

Miss Mad Hatter
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 11-07-2009, 03:48 AM

Yeah...true. But I think I could deal with that maybe, considering in this day & age it doesn't happen often. :yes:

M i r o
Comatose

Old 11-07-2009, 03:58 AM

@ Miss Hatter; Those are good too. xD My so-so friend Megan has her license to be a pediatric, she got it during our Senior year in high school. Ha...I hate my baby doctor--or the one I had. >___>; My brother and I had the same baby doctor for all our shots and vacanations up to age 14? 16? And she's about 80-90 yrs old now? XDD We finally switched over to a doctor here where we live, though. (:

@ Anoni; True but she won't have to cut them up and see their insides.

@ Miss Hatter 2; Well I think if you're exposed to it enough, you'll get used to that sort of thing. Frankie did. :P

Miss Mad Hatter
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 11-07-2009, 04:04 AM

Miro; >.> My name is Megan. LMAO That's great.
I didn't know what I wanted to be/do my senior yr. I just figured that out recently.
THAT'S insane! I had some crazy woman but she was super sweet. I was mainly always at the dentist though.

I'll be back. I'm gonna go take a shower.

I still don't wanna be exposed to dead babies. DDx

M i r o
Comatose

Old 11-07-2009, 04:55 AM

lmfao XDD Well at least you found your career. :3
Yeah, that place was getting too small for us growing up and she was too old--so, we had to switch.

Okie dokie. <3

Ha ~ I don't think anyone does.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 11-07-2009, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_paper_crane View Post
I rushed home from class to get some lunch; I ended up having a corned-beef sandwich with mustard and horseradish, spoonful of ice cream, two bites of potato salad, and an apple. What a lunch, huh? hahaha

And, thank you, Lizabeth. That's very sweet of you.
Gaaaah
This just makes me want corned beef and cabbage :drool:

Miss Mad Hatter
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 11-07-2009, 07:50 AM

Yay I'm all clean.
Fell asleep too. =/ Sorry about that.
I'm about to head back to bed though.
G'night!

jupiter
inactive account

Old 11-07-2009, 08:51 AM

All hospitals need nurses, and a lot of them.
Nursing is a high-paying career for the amount of school that you need for a degree. Comparatively speaking.

Miss Mad Hatter
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 11-07-2009, 08:54 AM

True. I'm not doing it for the money though. XD That's just a bonus.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 11-07-2009, 09:20 AM

I'd be driven by money.
What I want to do isn't degree-formed. Which is unfortunate.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 11-07-2009, 10:00 AM

It could be if you really went for it. And you can own your own business by the art that you create and make. Kinda like manga creators or graphics ads. There's always something out there about what you do or what your talent sticks to, you just have to morph it into your own career and make your own business out of it.

And yes, Hospitals want nurses. But not all of them want a huge staff or permanent positions. Because the Hospital doesn't want to suffer financially by having too many nurses on the staff. At least thats the situation around in Indiana. They don't want to hire so many people if its not really necessary.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 11-07-2009, 10:14 AM

A lot of it has to do with the shareholders and contracts of the companies that own the hospitals; they have a legally binding obligation to make more money than the previous year, and if that means cutting jobs for more profit, then so be it. Corporations are most commonly known for abiding by this rule.

I want to do everything and anything. Improve designs, run meetings, organize things. I can go to a restaurant and see ways they could improve, and it'd be great to have a job in improving things. In the mix and contracting they use for laying pavement and asphalt, road design, city design, all of it.

iZennon
Apollo Injustice

Old 11-07-2009, 02:46 PM

Just stopping by to say hi (yay for rhyming). I can't stay on though Dx Blame my mother Dx

Condemned Citrus
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-07-2009, 02:54 PM

Event has a bit of a strange set-up...
but I can deal.
Favorite food: Pork dumplings!!!

Tier Omartiglio
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2009, 02:56 PM

Any job that requires degrees are going to be needed from doctors to nurses, pharmacists and anything else in between.

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 11-07-2009, 04:02 PM

-wiggles in and looks around-
Hello~

M i r o
Comatose

Old 11-07-2009, 04:36 PM

@ Crane; That and it has to do with the new reform that is going to be happening within 3 years. No health and hospitals alike, like the idea at all. And you should pursue that if you aren't already, it'd be a great industry if you did. ^^

@ Citrus; Ooo, I never tasted pork dumplings before. xDD

@ Mei Mei; haaaaiiii ~ :drool:

@ Tier; That's the basic standard, I was just talking about higher degrees rather than the normal requirements of becoming a Doctor or nurse. There are higher diplomas out there now. And a lot more new classes that have been added. D=