Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-12-2011, 01:43 AM

Laniey smiled as they walked it was nice to be back in her home town, she waved at the people she knew and smiled at the rest. When they got to her work she smiled then went inside saying "Alright I'll go get my boss you be ready to impress him", she smiled then headed towards the back. When she got to his office she knocked on the door and said "Hey there is a guy her looking for a job thought I should tell ou he is out front." When she heard his chair moving she smiled then headed back out the front and said "He is on his way don't worry about it" she smiled then said "I have to start working now." SHe turned and picked up and small note pad and walked over to a table to take the order.

When the boos heard that there was someone else wanting a job he stood up and walked out of his ofice and to the front to where he saw the man that didn't look like he was from around the town. He held his hand out and said "Your the one looking for the job?"

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to hillary84 Send a message via Yahoo to hillary84

Old 05-12-2011, 01:58 AM

Tavin entered Laniey's work he took note of the decor. "Quite charming. "He mused. Laniey started working and he waited for her boss. He came out of his office and asked him if he was the one looking for work." Yes I am the one . My name is Thomas Jennings . I haven't done this sort of work before but I am will in to do what ever needs to be done. I don't have references but I am a dependable worker. Anything you have available will do. " He hoped this was enough to get a job. A job was main factor in this mission. He waited for a response from her boss.

(( sorry about the short response. Headed to bed and will post after I get home tomorrow afternoon.))

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-12-2011, 02:39 AM

Lainey finished taking the order and walked into the kitchen and gave the cook the order then walked out to take another order. Even for a small town this is where most of the people went for breakfast so it was pretty full of people at the moment.

The boss looked at Thomas and listened to what he had to say then said "First jobs are always the hardest to find. But we do need more people to help out around this place and it doesn't really matter if you know what to do or not you can just follow one of the other works to learn the basics." He smiled then said "I will have a uniform for you tomorrow but if you want to stick around for awhile you can probably follow someone and learn a little today. Also you will need to come in on the morning shifts Lainey can't handle all the tables by herself even if she says she can." He turned and walked back to his office to get another uniform for Thomas.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-12-2011, 05:35 PM

Tavin watched Lainey and the other servers do their jobs. He figured he could do this. To him it was like being a new recruit in The Galactic Assembly Military Academy. He had to do errands and orders for the senior members. It was supposed to get them to be able to respond to any type of order or command that was given. So tomorrow was the day he became one with this planet.The hours since he landed had been interesting to say the least. He had to find an area to record these details. Maybe when he reached the probe. He was amazed how Lainey did her job. He wondered what she went to university for. Maybe he would ask her after her shift.

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-12-2011, 05:47 PM

As the morning rush started to come to and end Lainey cleaned up the tables and put them in the kitchen for them to be washed. She finished off her shift then walked back out to the front to where Thomas was and then said "Well I am done for today, how was your talk with the boss?" She smiled and waited for him to answer before saying "We can go to your car after I get changed at home."

{Sorry it is so short}

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-12-2011, 06:49 PM

"It went well. I will be starting tomorrow. Today I was to watch the servers and get an idea what I was supposed to do. It doesn't seem too hard to do. I think I'll be able to do this job. It will take some getting use to. Whenever you are ready to go I'll be ready." Tavin and Lainey walked back to her parents home. He hoped that the probe had set. It had sent a confirmation message , but he was worried that it hadn't set. It was an older model and could be tricky to work sometimes. Tavin didn't want to have to explain who he really was . He didn't know how she would react. He still didn't know how much she saw last night. Maybe if she brought it up he could ask some questions.
(It was good.:) )

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-12-2011, 10:51 PM

Lainey smiled then said "Thats good", she walked beside him quietly untill they got home. She unlocked the door then went inside her parents left a note saying that they were out shopping. She smiled then said "I will be down shortly", she turned and went up the stairs then got changed and then came back down the stairs a few minutes later. She smiled then said "Alright lets go, I will drive out to where I got my flat tire last night but then you need to tell me where your car is." She turned and walked out the front door then locked it again heading towards the car.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-12-2011, 11:24 PM

"It should be a few miles past where you were. I'm sure . It was very dark last night so I can't rememer where it is." Tavin hoped his ship hadn't been found. There was slim chance that it was found, but he didn't want it to fall into the wrong hands. If they did find it it would self destruct and he would be stranded here for a while. This was a remote part of the galaxy. It would take years to get a message out with the technology he had in his duffel. They entered her car and started driving towards where they met last night.

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-13-2011, 01:49 AM

Lainey smiled as they went down the road and thought about what had happened last night. When she thought about what she saw fly over her head she looked over at Thomas quickly then back at the road saying "Hey did you see something fly over head last night? I mean it was a few minutes before I met you but you would have been near right?" She drove past where she stopped last night and kept driving.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-13-2011, 02:44 AM

Tavin tensed when she asked . He did want to know what she saw but not this soon. "I thought I saw a shooting star last night. What do think it might be Lainey? " He hoped she didn't want to investigate what she saw. He didn't want to tell her who he really was and where he was from. He didn't want to break what trust she had in him. He didn't realize that the longer he pretended to be someone else , the more hurt she would be. They arrived at where they had met the night before. It looked pretty much the same as it was last night. He was relieved that his his ship hadn't been found. He saw the "car "on a dirt road by the building where he had hidden . The ship was close to there . As long as they didn't get too close , it should be safe.

Last edited by hillary84; 05-13-2011 at 02:47 AM..

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-13-2011, 03:04 AM

Lainey smiled then said "I don't know but it didn't looki like a shooting star it was more tear drop shaped", she looked over at him then said "I was on my way to go check it out with I ran into you." When they arrived at where she parked she saw the car then said "Alright here we are", she pulled up along side the other car then said "I will wait in the car if you don't need any help." She turned the car off and sat back in her seat looking out the window knowing that they were close to where she saw the thing from last night crash. She decided to leave it alone since she didn't want to waste to much time out here, she looked over at Thomas then back out the front window.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-13-2011, 07:16 PM

"Tear drop shaped? " He stuttered saying this . Even with all his training he was outwardly nervous " I'll follow you back into town then." He smiled and got out of the car. He approached the car and unlocked the door. He hoped he could drive it. He inserted the 'key' and started it up. He had observed Lainey drive her car hoping to pick up idea on how to do this. It didn't seen too hard and if he followed Lainey's direction he should be fine. He ran to her car and said," It seems to be fine now. It sometimes does this sort of thing. Ready to head back? I'll follow you if that's alright." He hoped he could lie his way though this mission. He had a feeling that things had gotten complicated.

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-13-2011, 07:53 PM

Lainey smiled when he came back to her car then said "Yea, sure we can go now." She had been off in her own world trying to think of what she saw last night. She started the car then said "Ready to go now", she smiled then turned around and started to drive back home. She looked in her rear view mirror to make sure that Thomas hadn't fallen behind. Pulling into her driveway she stayed to one side to let Thomas park beside her, she turned the car off then got out and stood beside her car waiting for Thomas to get out.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-13-2011, 08:29 PM

Tavin had difficulty with the car. It wasn't as easy to pilot like a ship. He did as best to go about the same speed as Lainey. He hoped she didn't notice his difficulty. He would say it was the car acting up. He forgot he programed it to have problems with it.
He pulled up opposite Lainey . He turned it off , took the key, and got out of the car.Tavin would have to go back to his ship eventually . He would do it once he had some money and somethings to report.

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-14-2011, 12:49 AM

Lainey smiled at him then said "I can talk to the local mechanic to see if he can get your car in this weekend", she turned then walked over to the door and went inside. Seeing that her parents were home now she smiled then said "Hey mom, hey dad, umm can Thomas stay with us for a few days? He was looking for a job and came here with very little money so I thought that it would be alright if he stayed with us." She smiled when they said that he could stay with them, she knew that he parents would always say yes to helping someone else but she thought it would be idea to ask. She smiled then said "Is the guest room clean?", her parents had already cleaned it seeing as they saw that someone had slept on the couch. She turned back to Thomas and said "Alright then would you like me to show you were the guest room is?"

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-14-2011, 01:03 AM

It was good that his car was going to be looked at. To a mechanic it would look like a normal car. Tavin hoped it wouldn't reset while being looked at. " I would please. I thank you and your parents for letting me stay here until I can find a place to rent."Tavin would have some privacy to do his paperwork now. He would have to be careful to not leave things out in the open. "Lainey about what you saw, what do think it was ? You have me curious since you said it wasn't a shooting star." He had to know what she thought about the ship.

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-14-2011, 02:02 AM

Lainey smiled then said "It is really no problem and follow me", she turned and headed up the stairs and to the back of the house and to the last room on the right. She opened the door then said "This will be your room while you stay I hope it is better then the couch" she smiled then walked into the room when he asked what she thought it was. She leaned against the wall then said "A ship maybe? The government awalys makes stories up about things crashing to Earth but no one everthinks different of it, but I do I like thinking that there are others out theremaybe becasue is makes me feel that we are not alone or that we never will be." She paused "Please don't think I am weird now I never tell people that."

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-14-2011, 02:14 AM

He was surprised to hear this. " I don't think you are crazy Lainey. I believe the same way. The Universe is too vast for one planet to be the source of life. Granted that life on other worlds might take a different form than here." Tavin knew this was a fact . The Olarens were beings that were plumes of gases. They weren't able to leave there world but they were intelligent none the less. "What do you think an alien might look like? It's awful government's would lie to you about there being aliens."

Last edited by hillary84; 05-14-2011 at 02:35 AM..

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-14-2011, 02:58 AM

Lainey smiled when he said that he thought the same way then looked at him when he said the government would lie to her then said "They don't just lie to me but to you and everyone here." She thought about what aliens would look like then said "I don't know I mean they could look like anything anything I've never seen one so I wouldn't be able to give and exact answer." She smiled then said "But I want too."

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-14-2011, 02:42 PM

"You do?" Tavin tensed ." She doesn't realize that she's looking at one right now. She'll be in for a shock if she finds out about me." he grinned. "Let me know when dinner is Lainey . If it's alright ,I sort of want to take a nap before then" In truth, he wanted to get a report written. It would be some time before he could get to his ship. As far as he could tell it hadn't been detected. He would know because of his Military ID would flash if it was discovered. Tavin wanted to tell Lainey who he was and why he was here.

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-14-2011, 03:46 PM

Lainey smiled then said "Yea, I do" when he asked her to call him for dinner she smiled again then said "Alright the." She turned and left the room and headed back down stairs to talk with her parents for a bit before starting dinner. After a while she started dinner, when she finished setting the table she called up the stairs to Thomas saying "Hey Thomas dinner is ready." She went back to the kitchen and bought the food out to the table placing it on the place mats, her parents were already there so she sat down to wait for Thomas.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-14-2011, 04:19 PM

Thomas took a nap. He was exhausted after day's events . He had finished a short report and sent it while he was here. He hoped the distortion device would conceal the technology energy signature. He heard Lainey call for him after an hour or so. He got up , made the bed and straightened his clothing . He went down the stairs and headed to the dining room. What ever was cooking smelled wonderful. He didn't recognize what the food was. " What is that wonderful smell? I can't wait be able to try some. I'm sorry if I took to long but I made the bed before I came down. "

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-14-2011, 05:49 PM

Lainey looked at Thomas when he walked into the room then said "It's chicken stir-fry, haven't you ever had it before I thought that everyone would have." She paused the said "Don't worry about it, come on take a seat and start eating", she smiled then picked up her fork and began to eat. Her parents started eating when Thomas walked into the room and just listened to the conversation.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-14-2011, 06:18 PM

Tavin had enjoyed h the dinner. The last 4 weeks he had eaten rations that were in his ship. Real food never had tasted better than it had then. "Thank you for dinner . I hope I can help you all once I've earned enough money to pay you rent for my time here. Is it alright if I assist you with the dishes? " He liked spending time with Lainey and her family. It reminded him of his younger years. His father had tried to make it to dinner most nights. But due to him being a highly ranked officer, it was mostly impossible.

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-15-2011, 12:18 AM

Lainey's parents had left the room when they were done eating they were going out for a while to spend some time with close family friends. Lainey stood up and gathered her plate as well as her parents and looked at Thomas when he started talking to her. She smiled and said "Don't worry about it here in this small town we help anyone who needs it" she paused "You can help if you want but your a guest you don't really have to." She turned and walked back into the kitchen with the plates and placed them on the counter beside the sink then returned to the dinning room to gather the other things off the table.