Naruto forever
I lied. I'm like 200% gay

Old 01-02-2014, 09:59 PM

((Xavirne:I suck at names, so if you have one, please do say!))

Amir Korf stared up at the hot burning sun, his dark eyes sparkling slightly despite there being no hope or happiness in them, and his dark hair tucked underneath a light cap. He could hear some of the others working hard, but he himself found himself simply standing there. After being in the camp for about two years--maybe more maybe less, Amir was only guessing the amount of time--Amir figured out that it was possible to take small breaks if he timed it right. As long as none of the Nazis were looking, he wouldn't get in trouble for it.

After a few minutes, he brought his head back down, blinking a few times to get rid of the haziness that came from staring at the sun. He clutched the shovel a bit as he began to dig once more. He really didn't want to know why he was digging a hole with a few others. In all honesty, he would rather it be just because the Nazis wanted to make them work hard, but Amir knew better.

He let his eyes wander around a bit, watching as people as young as five did work, and as old at eighty did work. He still couldn't grasp why his people were being treated like criminals. As far as Amir was concerned, they did nothing to deserve being sent away to do hard labour. Well, that's if they were strong enough to work. Even though the Nazis tried to keep it hushed at the beginning, Amir knew that if a person was too old, young or weak to work, they would be killed. At first he had been grateful that he was strong enough to work, but after a while he stopped being sure. Surely being dead would be better?

He wasn't even sure if his family was alive any more. He could only hope, but he had none of that left. It had been taken a long time ago, only a little while after he first entered the camp. He only thought logically; if he was still alive, then so was his brother and his father. His mother, maybe, but probably not. He knew how weak she was.

Shaking his head, Amir forced himself to concentrate on digging. It was too troublesome to think of such things.

((hope it's ok))

Last edited by Naruto forever; 01-15-2014 at 10:38 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-06-2014, 01:59 PM

He was an experienced soldier, one no longer required to do menial duties. And yet, there he was, leaning up against a fence at this concentration camp. Gefr. (Gefreiter) Hans Jaeger was his name. He was only a few years shy of turning thirty and he, like many of the others stationed at this camp, found the job less exciting than his previous combative position. Still, it was nice to be away from the rain of bullets and the bloody battlefield. Although, as his blue eyes scanned the camp, he could still feel the battle wage on even here. Everywhere he went, death and destruction followed. But that was war. War destroyed with the hopes of bringing peace. It was a twisted thing, but it seemed to work. The Americans did it years ago when they fought for their independence. It was now Germany's time to shine and show all just who deserved to live. These people, the ones slaving away before him in the bright light and parching sun, those people deserved to be slaves to the superior white race of the Germans. Those beautiful fair-skinned, blond haired, blue eyed humans that were stern with perfection.

His hand moved across his brow to remove the loose beads of sweat that clung to his skin. His thick blond lashes cut through the air as he tipped his head back to quench his thirst with his canteen. The cool water splashed against his tongue and he indulged in the clear liquid. Oh how sweet it was to enjoy such a treat. Trying not to waste a spot of it, he lapped up the small stream that trailed down from the corner of his lips. It felt great to run his previously sandpaper tongue over his chapped lips.

Retreating the canteen, he resumed his position at the fence. Pulling off his hat, he brushed back his greasy blond hair that hadn't been washed in probably three days. He was due for a shower, a real shower. Slipping his hat back on, his face showed a smile as another soldier approached. "Alric," he nodded before being joined by the taller male.

"How are you today, Hans?" There were no formalities around these two. They had served together for the past year or so. They were practically brothers. Their only difference was one letter, an "e." Hans Jaeger and Alric Jager happened to cross paths on the battlefield. Alric Jager was a wounded soldier that Hans carried back to the German med camp. He stayed by the guy's side until he was roaring and ready to enter the war again. The two reenlisted in the same group and they spent many nights watching one another's back. Their bond was unbreakable.

"I'm ready for a shower." A chuckle followed before he received a light elbow tap from Alric. "The water kind of shower, dummy." With that final comment, the blonds erupted into a fit of laughter, but that was soon suppressed when their officer poked his head outside to see what the commotion was. Zipping up their lips, the two stood at attention until the coast was clear. Loosing up their demeanor, the nearly thirty-year-old males went back to keeping a wary eye on their prisoners.

"Why do they stare at the sun like that," Alric asked as he pointed out across the sea of captives to one who was staring up at the sun.

Shrugging, Hans could only guess at his actions. "It is warm. Perhaps it gives him hope?" Hans was a bit of a romantic. Prior to enlisting, he was engaged to a very lovely lady. Of course, her unexpected death was the turning point for him and the reason he enlisted. Still, back during those lighter days, Hans was an author. He wrote, a lot. He worked for the local paper, but he did more than just journalism. No, he wrote novels and poems and songs. He even wrote plays. He enjoyed dabbling in the finer things of life, like the fine arts.

"There's no hope for him. For any of them," Alric pulled Hans back from his dream world. "When the time comes, they'll all be walked to the showers."

The happiness that was once on their faces vanished. Death, even if it was the death of weaklings or monsters, was still not something to laugh and celebrate over. Taking up a solemn expression, the two blonds didn't utter a word for the next several hours. What was there to talk about? Their future? That was too uncertain to discuss. Their families? Neither had one anymore. Their meal that evening? It was the same as always -- meat and potatoes. Exhaling at the same time, the brothers by choice watched the labor camp inmates with hawk-like eyes, watching and waiting for one to trip up.

Naruto forever

Old 01-08-2014, 09:58 PM

Amir continued digging for what seemed like endless hours, though he knew that it had been a few mere minutes. That was the thing he hated most about the endless labour; time seemed to go by so slowly. His eyes drifted towards the two soldiers standing, watching as everyone worked. He wondered what made them hate Jews so much. Of course, Amir knew that Jews were never the most liked people in the world, but this was a new level. Though, not everyone in the camp was Jewish; the Germans simply threw anyone in that they deemed weak or unworthy, or something like that. He bit his lip, still feeling anger towards them. When he had first been brought here, Amir had been defiant, angry, and sometimes vicious. That was taken away quickly of course--within the first week--but Amir could still remember everything he had felt. What had they done? Wasn't it the rest of the world who was being cruel, and unfair. They were being punished for nothing. Being pulled from their home, told to pack up everything they needed, being forced onto a train, and then being told that they wouldn't need any of their possessions. Then being forced to work, doing things for no reason other than the Germans wanting them to do so. Barely given enough food and water, living in bad conditions. They were being treated as nothing more than slaves, worse even.

He shook his head, gripping his shovel slightly tighter as he dug. He felt like laughing at his own thoughts. What was the point of thinking such things anymore? He was here, and there was no changing that. Soon enough he'd either catch some sort of disease and die, or the soldiers would kill him themselves. As much as he'd like to get away, and go back to his home, he knew that wouldn't be possible. Walking through the quiet streets, into his cozy home with everyone in his family, Amir knew that wouldn't be possible to do again. He wasn't even sure if his home was still there. He glanced around again, watching some of the other prisoners work for a moment. There were still a few people left who had hope, who had the courage to keep going, who thought that there was no way that they wouldn't go home. Amir always felt bad for those ones. When he had first arrived, after he had gotten over his defiant stage, he had ended up befriending a person or two. They always were full of hope, and filling others with hope. They didn't last long though, within a month, they simply disappeared. That was probably when Amir had figured out that not even the most hopeful, strongest people could survive.

"It's weird," he muttered so low only he could hear himself, "It seems that everyone is broken, myself included."

He had been such a happy person before, and now he was nothing. That was the main reason he still felt such hatred towards every soldier who was helping; they broke people.

Before Amir was able think anything more, his attention was caught by a someone crying out, and a thump. He brought his eyes towards the person standing beside him. The boy--someone who could be no older than fourteen, maybe even fifteen--had fallen over, seeming as though he tripped over a chunk of the dirt. He looked up at the soldiers quickly, wondering if they were the type that would get angry over something like this. There were some that didn't care, and some that would take any opportunity to get angry at the prisoners. Amir was never sure how a soldier was going to react. Nonetheless, he dropped his shovel, and grabbed the boy by the wrist, pulling him up.

"Gotta be careful kid, you know," he spoke with a stern voice, one that he used to use on his own younger brother, "You never know if they'll get angry at you for stuff like that. If it hurts, just ignore it for now, and continue on."

Amir knew that perhaps helping others wasn't always a good thing--in fact, he had seen many get in "trouble" because of their need to help--but he couldn't stand not helping. Especially when the boy reminded him of his own brother. He eyed the boy carefully, watching as he picked up the shovel and began digging again, obviously trying to fight off pain that was shooting through his ankle. He probably twisted it, something that would wear off quickly enough. Satisfied, Amir picked up his own shovel, not bothering to look over at the two soldiers standing guard. He wasn't sure if they saw or not, but in all honesty, he hoped they didn't. He'd rather they stayed where they were, rather than coming over and deciding to get "angry" at either him or the boy.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-14-2014, 06:32 PM

Sure enough, someone did trip. A young lad at that. The second he fell, Alric made a move. For a moment, Hans stood back and watched. What as Alric to do? Rarely was Hans assigned outside so he wasn't too familiar with the protocol. By the time the soldier had made it to the boy, Amir already had him up and working again. What came next took Hans aback. He didn't waste a moment either. Springing into action, he found himself tugging at Alric's arm. If he weren't as fast as he was, the poor boy might have had his last sip of life. Thankfully, his grip was tight and tough, impossible for Alric to break. With a good squeeze on the man's wrist, Alric's hand muscles opened just enough to drop the knife. Shifting his boot to cover the weapon, Hans gave his fellow soldier a good push before bending down to seize the almost lethal knife.

"What the hell?" Alric's eyes were locked on Hans, trained to follow his every step. Eyes of disbelief widened with rage when he saw the soldier pat the kid. "The hell is wrong with you!" He was beginning to shout, which would cause trouble for the whole lot, German soldiers included.

"Silence," his orbs glared at Alric. "I don't know how this camp runs up here, but I don't think it's right to down ourselves a worker." His hand glided down the boy's cheek. "When was the last time these workers got a decent chug of water?" When the answer didn't come, Hans took a bold step toward the other, blade drawn in intimidation. "I asked you a question, Jager."

"Probably two days ago," he finally caved, probably due to Hans' slightly higher rank. Still, Alric hated being in this position. Retreating from the fields, he left Hans alone to defend himself. There was no way he wanted to be with this guy right now. He compromised him. He made him look weak. He would get vengeance for this move, or that was the thought that passed through his mind right then and there.

Alone and surrounded by the slave-like workers, Hans didn't feel threatened. Pulling out his canteen, he offered it graciously to the boy. "Drink," he instructed. There was no hesitation on the kid's behalf for he knew better than to argue. Thirstily gulping down the water, he started to cough, which caused Hans to pull the canteen away. "Slowly, slowly now. There's plenty of water. No need to be greedy," his voice was stern but had a hint of compassion to it. "Christ, I can't have you drown yourself."

Another soldier came into the area. This one appeared to be Doc, or at least the one they called Doc. "What's going on here?" He was an older fellow, probably in his late forties. Gray hair was consuming his once auburn colored locks. Deep green eyes were fading with age and wrinkles were becoming a thing of habit on his face.

"The kid collapsed." It was a lie. He saw the whole thing. The lad tripped, but collapsing due to thirst would explain the canteen in his hand. "He's young and able. I saw no point in killing him. A bit of water would do him up nicely."

"You're new here, aren't you?" Doc looked the boy over and agreed that water was the right treatment. "You're not supposed to be nice to them. They're not like us."

"You mean they're not German, like us. Other than that--" he stopped abruptly, knowing that he was speaking out of tongue. "Other than that and a dozen other things. I see your point, but I don't think killing off our workers is right." His hands moved behind his back. "I know they're in surplus, but these ones know the work. They know the job. Why kill them? They're skilled and learned. Getting new ones will only cause more trouble for us."

Doc seemed to agree with the younger soldier. "Suppose your right. Carry on. I'll put in a good word for you. I can already see our right to have you is greatly in our favor. Probably one of a few that's actually got common sense. I salute that. Carry on, soldier..." he tried to read the name woven in the fabric above his pocket.

"Gefr. Hans Jaeger," he finished for the man. With a bow, he saw the guy off before fixing his attention on the kid who was slowly depleting his water. "You're a thirsty one, aren't you?" It was almost as if he was referring to a dog rather than a kid. "Suppose I ought to fix up some more water." As he rose, his eyes caught a glimpse of his "friend," Alric. "Back so soon. Did you miss me?" It was cocky and misplaced, but he just had to say it.

"I informed him that we were going to water the prisoners. I told him that you noticed they were dying faster than ants in the rain." Alric rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry I was out of line, Gefr. Jaeger." Alric marched away and began collecting water. Of course, he didn't go alone. He grabbed five capable workers to carry the jugs and place them in the earth.

Once the troughs were in place, the two soldiers dropped the water in the rusting thing. Even though dust coated it, it was still better than nothing. Water was water no matter how dirty and old it was. Both Nazis stepped back and watched the prisoners slowly approach the water. It was a slow process and Hans was ready to speed things up.

"Come now, drink up. The sun's high and hot, wouldn't want you to fall. Drink up now before it's gone for the day." Still moving with hesitation, the inmates started to line up and each took a turn at the trough, slurping up a fair share of water before moving to go back to work. Alric had gone back to his post, leaving Hans to stand at the front of the line. He wanted to make sure no one took more than they needed. In addition to doing that, he watched each man, child, and woman approach, taking note of each. One day, he would have them all down pat. Not today, though.

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene

Naruto forever

Old 01-31-2014, 05:37 AM

Amir's eyes widened as one of the soldiers stopped the other from killing the young boy. He felt the familiar sense of slight protectiveness come over, and he pushed the younger boy slightly behind him. The two soldiers were having quite a spat--something that rarely ever happened. He felt everyone around stop working momentarily, looking at the yelling soldier in wonder, before turning back to their jobs. Amir kept his position in front of the younger boy, just as a precaution. It wasn't until the first soldier offered the young boy water that Amir realized there was nothing to be worried over. He normally wasn't protective over anything, though it really did help that the young boy looked and acted a lot like his own brother.

He watched as the boy drank the water from the soldier hungrily, and felt himself wonder about that soldier. He was odd. Normally no one would feel sorry for the "inhuman" beings, like themselves. Or care if they died at least. Giving his head a slight shake, he gripped the shovel again, and began to dig, not bothering to keep an eye on the boy any longer. He was fine, or at least, as fine as one could be.

As he dug, Amir kept his ears open, listening into the conversation of the soldier and another soldier. He couldn't really tell if he liked the soldier or not. It seemed as though he were kind enough...but also that he was only kind because it was in favour to him. It would help him. Definitely a strategical thinker. He quickly focused back on his job, not really wanting to think of anything else. Of all things that they were forced to do at the camp, thinking was the most tiring, and dangerous. Too much thinking could make a person go insane, or make them too desperate. And if a person got too deep in thought, they could easily get side tracked from their labour. It always took so much energy too. Just thinking. Amir wasn't sure why, but it did.

At the sight of the other prisoners walking towards troughs of water, Amir dropped his shovel lightly, and lined up as well. It was a slow process; a painfully slow one. Soon enough though, he reached the water. In a rather greedy fashion, he slurped the water, loving the feeling of the coldness going down his throat. He took a few steps away from it when he had had his share, not wanting to be shoved by any of the other inmates. Before he got back to his work though, he stopped in front of the soldier who had gotten the young boy water before.

"Thank you," Amir muttered, bowing his head slightly. He himself wasn't even completely sure what he was thanking the soldier for. Though the nagging at the back of his mind told him that it was because he saved the young boy. Amir really couldn't get rid of the protectiveness that he instinctively had. After all, having a younger--rather useless--brother tended to do that to a person. Without another word, he walked back to his original spot, picking up his shovel. The young boy was beside him once more, and looked up at Amir, as if wanting to say something, but Amir beat him to it. "You remind me of someone I really care about," he sighed, ruffling the kid's hair. Nodding, the kid turned back to his work, and Amir did the same.

((I feel like this post is really bad, and like I should read it over, but I'm gonna be lazy right now. >.>; Anyways, sorry for the long wait and the bad post ^^; ))

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-31-2014, 02:58 PM

Hans raised a brow when one of the inmates not only approached him but thanked him too. Was it that out of the norm to step in and save life? The kid was just a kid. Why punish someone so young. He had room to grow and for all Hans knew, he could have become a real help. Dismissing the man, Hans wandered back to his post. It was beginning to dawn on him that maybe he needed to keep his distance from this people. Who was to say they wouldn't betray him and take him down where he stood. He showed a sign of weakness, a sign of compassion. Frowning, Hans just couldn't shake the feeling that perhaps what he did was wrong. But, morally speaking, it felt right.

"I'm conflicted," he confessed to his friend. "I see that I was out of line but it just felt wrong."

A hand came to his back and gave him a good pat. "You're just too kind, that's all. But we all know that the kind get abused. So just watch your back out there. We can't trust these criminals. Who knows when they could turn on us and revolt."

"I suppose you're right. But still...." he looked across the way at Amir and the boy, "It feels wrong to beat, starve, and kill them. They would be far more effective if we kept them well groomed, full, and watered. They're like horses. If you abuse them, they can only do so much. Probably 50-percent of the work. If you give them the essentials and treat them with respect, you get 80-percent of the work from them. If you shower them with praise, love, and gifts, then you'll get 100-percent from them." He snickered. "Not that I'm saying criminals deserve praise. I just think we could all lighten up some and be less strict. Their work ethic might change and things might be less hard for all of us."

"Sometimes you talk too much," Alric murmured. "But you've always been wise. Perhaps you're right. Maybe things do need to change to yield higher quality results."

'tis fine. Even my post was lackluster. Not sure if you want to timeskip or what, but feel free to do what you gotta do :)

Naruto forever

Old 02-24-2014, 09:55 PM

((Sorry I've been having a bit of writer's block. Plus a bit of busyness with a new semester in school and all. ^^; And I think I will do a tiny time skip~ Just a day or two. ))

Amir sat at one of the broken down wooden tables, looking at the plate of...of whatever it was he was served to eat. Ever since the soldier's little "outbreak" with how the workers should be treated a bit better, the camp had been feeding all of the prisoners a bit more often. Or at least, it seemed that way. After all it had only been two days, and they got one or two small meals a day. It wasn't much, mainly just mouldy bread or something of the likes, but it was better than nothing. Across from him sat the boy who had tripped the other day. Apparently he had taken a liking to Amir, and in just the two days Amir felt as though the boy had told him his life story. His name was Henry--Amir couldn't be bothered to remember the last name that he had said--and he was from Poland. He had lost his parents during the confusion of being rounded up, mainly because he had run away. He was sixteen, and had an older sister who was, apparently, around Amir's age. His father had owned a small diner, which has since been destroyed. All useless information like that.

It wasn't that Amir didn't like the boy; in fact, given different situations, he'd probably enjoy the boy's company. But with their situation as it was, Amir simply didn't want to get close to anyone. All he wanted to do was survive until the soldiers released him. Wether that meant not getting in their way, or simply staying healthy, Amir didn't care. He didn't really have use to get close to anyone anyways. Wouldn't they all be split up in the end one way or another? He took a few more nibbled of the bread that had been given before stuffing it in his pocket for later. Who knew when they would get fed again. As if on cue, one of the soldier came around, shouting at all of the men to get a move on and start working again. With a sigh, Amir stood up, noting that Henry quickly came back to his side.

"Hey," Henry whispered quietly, "Did you hear about the rumours goin' round lately?" Amir shook his head. He tried to think of a way to tell Henry that he really didn't care, but before he could, the boy continued. "Apparently, at least people been saying this, there's other camps where you don't even work. They just kill ya'!" Amir looked over at the boy curiously. Was this a surprise to him? Though it hadn't been said officially, it wasn't hard to find out that the soldiers didn't care wether or not they lived. In fact, it seemed like the soldiers more or less wanted them dead. Though an entire camp just to kill...that was a bit out there. Plus, there were a couple of soldiers who seemed to value them as actual workers. "Just a rumour," Amir brushed it off, "You can't really trust anything anyone says here. You should know that by now, kid." He heard the boy scoff something, adding on a "call me Henry", but Amir ignored him. They were supposed to be getting a new set of jobs today--at least his group was--seeing as they had finished digging the holes. Amir still didn't want to think about what the holes were being used for. Hopefully they were just meant as work for them. The group of them, maybe about somewhere between thirty and forty, walked in a long line, one that was formed almost perfectly. Being at the back, Amir couldn't exactly see, but he assumed they were following one of the soldiers to their new "work area", per usual. With another tired sigh, he kept his eyes on the ground, pretending to listen to the younger boy chattering along beside him.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 03-11-2014, 06:03 PM

((Oh that's fine! I totally know the feeling. And being busy never helps. I have no issues with out story progressing slowly. It actually gives me a chance to catch up on my other stories and some time to think about how I want Hans to react. :) I really like this story! I've never done something like this before and it's quite fun to play out!))

He should have been used to the firm beds that itched. Sure, they were better than nothing, but sometimes nothing seemed better than something. Being new, Hans wasn't fortunate enough to get one of the "nicer" beds. He would soon earn that rank as he had been addressed by a few of the more senior men about a potential promotion. Not being too hasty, the blond would only nod and state lines he believed they would like to hear. From the sounds and feel of it all, it had worked. Perhaps he would earn a higher ranking within this camp. But what would that really do for him? Allow him to determine who lives and who dies? Being a pawn sounded nicer. There would be less blood on his hands, or so he figured.

Assigned to a horde of men (about forty in size of which Amir and Henry were a part of), he tagged along with the other soldiers who were also paired with this group. With the holes done, it was time to move onto the next stage. From the look of things, it appeared that these men would either be sewing large bags or building a wall. Since shackles and chains weren't in his sights, Hans decided that this 'lucky' crew would be tasked with the sack making. It might come as a relief to this sun-worn men, as this job took place inside. Each man would be given a dull needle as well as a ceaseless stack of cloth that they would need to sew together. The two large pieces would be hemmed on all sides, but the front, which served as the opening. The sacks varied in size -- some large and some small.

Holes. Sacks. What's next, coffins? No, that's what the sacks were. They were the body bags. Each worker in this room was crafting their own body bags -- and then some. There was no point in having everyone make one bag, which is why the camp was split into groups. These forty would now make well over a thousand bags. These bags would then be shipped to some nearby camps that were already preparing for the final stages of killing. Not to mention, some of these bags were needed to the lines. German soldiers weren't gods, so even they fell in the heat of the battle.

Marching down a clearly made pathway, Hans let his hawk-like eyes wander over the faces of the inmates that were here. With the use of needles, Hans also noted that there were more soldiers in this wing, too. It was odd to think that there would be more Germans. Hans figured that, if someone was dumb enough to come at them with a blunt needle, he would just pull out his gun and drop one dead. Pin verse gun. It was a no brainer which would win.

A blur came from another aisle. Eyes watching from the corner, he saw one man lunge at a German. Within seconds of raising from his spot, his body was back down and bleeding onto the floor. Those near the corpse didn't flinch for they knew any sudden movements would bring about their death. It was then when Hans realized just who was sitting in a pool of blood. It's the man from a few days ago. Heh, seems as if luck is not on his side.

Upon hearing the cocking of a gun, Hans raised his hand to his mouth and gave his throat a good clear. "Why lay waste to a capable worker? To prevent the spread of disease, allow him to change." Stepping over the row of workers, he now stood with his heels just centimeters from the seeping pool of blood. "Have that one clean it up." Pivoting on his heels, Hans now towered over Amir. "You," his voice was firm with an flair of arrogance, "come with me." Not wasting a second, Hans started to march down the aisle toward the exit. If he looked back and didn't see Amir following, he would have no choice but to kill the guy. Disobedience wasn't allowed, and the slave should know that.

Pushing open the door, the room flooded with a bright light. Shoving Amir out, Hans now had one hand firmyl clenching the guy's back while the other shielded his eyes from the sun. "Direct me to your chambers."

Naruto forever

Old 04-18-2014, 06:06 PM

They were walking into the damp building, and Amir could hear nearly silent sighs of relief from some of the men. At least they were inside; it was so much better than spending hours of hard labor in the sun. Although, as Amir looked around and spotted some others making sacks, he felt his stomach turn. Every job they were given seemed to be some sort of new way to store bodies and whatnot. The soldiers couldn't even hide that fact anymore. At first when the people were first brought to the camp, they all thought it would be ok. A bit of work, a bed, some food; the German's just wanted to keep them "separate" or something. But it only took a few months for people to start realizing that this place was nothing of what they had been told, and when people started "disappearing", it finally clicked. There were still some who believed they would get out, but Amir refused to let himself be so naive like that.

The next thing to happen seemed to pass by so quickly, almost too quickly for Amir to process. One of the men in the lines went forward and attacked a German in a frenzy, then without any hesitation, a gun was brought up and the man was shot down. The blood seemed to go everywhere. Amir was stuck standing in a pool of that blood, looking down at the dead man. That was, surprisingly, only the second time he'd seen someone be killed. He usually chose to look away, but there were times where that was impossible; like this one.

He was frozen, just at the sight of the dead man. Or was it the blood? He really wasn't sure. Maybe it was even the fact that he heard a gun load right beside him. Had he flinched maybe? Or was it simply because he was covered in blood? Or maybe they could sense the fear of seeing the dead body? Either way, Amir didn't move. He stood still, and waited.

Oddly enough, the shot never came. Instead there was a familiar voice that spoke, demanding that "a capable worker shouldn't be killed". Amir looked up said voice loomed in front of him. He didn't nod or show any sign that he was listening, but when the soldier started walking, Amir followed behind silently and obediently.

After all, if he didn't, he'd be shot; and then what the man had said would have been put to waste.

Amir felt a twinge of irritation as he was pushed out of the door, and almost wanted to shake the soldier off of his back. Of course, he didn't, but there was no one keeping him from thinking about it. Despite the fact that Amir was a rather obedient "slave" nowadays, his personality remained roughly the same on the inside; he still hated being pushed and ordered around.

"It's over here," he muttered, turning a corner and leading the man to his "room". If you could call it that.

He felt his eyes go up towards the blazing sun once more. Despite the fact that he hated working in it, it was calming in a way. He supposed that was why he always seemed to be so attracted to it. It didn't exactly give him hope, or making him happy or anything, it just reminded Amir that there was a world outside of here. It was easy to forget that once in a while after being stuck in the "camp" for such a long time.

As they arrived at the wooden room, Amir bit his lip to let out a sigh, before stopping in his tracks. He hadn't been told to go in, or anything really, so he didn't want to risk it. The thoughts of the soldiers were always so complex, and Amir always tried to never do anything wrong. Sometimes that meant simply waiting to be ordered around, despite his dislike for it.

"It's here," he looked up at the soldier.

((Done. I'm trying to stop making people wait for such a long time. sorry. -.-''))

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 04-30-2014, 02:35 PM

It's no problem. I totally understand your situation. I've been telling people now it can take about 2-weeks before they get a post from me because I've been so busy. Life happens, what can you do about?

Silence surrounded Hans as he escorted the slave back to his quarters. If all went well, then Hans might think twice about hating these workers. Most tried to pull the wool over their eyes, so the soldiers were always on the alert for such acts of treachery. This one, Amir, seemed different though. He seemed to embrace his faith and didn't protest. Why, he even waited to enter his room. It was a wise move, for there was no reason Hans wouldn't have blown a hole in his back for entering a room he hadn't cleared.

Brushing past the slave, Hans poked his gun into the room. With no one else in sight, he curled his fingers toward himself. It was a gesture that Amir could enter.

It was a tad awkward for Hans to do what followed next so he plopped down on a nearby bed. His peripherals were trained on Amir's movements, but he wasn't full-on staring at the guy as he was going to change. A faint blush crossed his cheeks when he caught his eyes drifting over the Amir's body. Cussing inwardly, he forced his blue orbs on the wall before him. Surely, there had to be a better way. Sitting in the silence while another man stripped down was too nerve-wracking. But what could he do that wouldn't compromise his mission?

"So how long have you been here?" It stumbled off his tongue, but Hans rolled with it. He then laughed, which was odd. "Don't suppose you have any secrets on how to stop the burn. I'm not used to standing in the sun for so long." He looked over at Amir just once to make sure the guy was still there. He was, and Hans offered him a smile. "Funny how it's the complete opposite now. My skin will lose its tan and I'll go back to being bright white again just before we're moved back into the sun. The never-ending cycle of burning is not something I look forward to."