Baja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Send a message via AIM to Baja

Old 06-24-2007, 08:21 PM

This is my first time attempting this, but after reading through various others i believe I understand it well enough to make my own now. I will be coming up with my list on my own. And for each drabble I have decided to use characters from the book I am writing.

1. Fear - Done
2. Impossible - Done
3. Death - Done
4. Different - Done
5. Alone - Done
6. Mountain - Done
7. Sky - Done
8. Wings - Done
9. Power - Done
10. Monster - Done
11. Forgiveness - Done
12. War - Done
13. Change - Done
14. Age
15. Fire
16. Water
17. Mortality
18. Human
19. Animal
20. Revenge
21. Mistakes
22. Deception
23. Friendship
24. Family
25. Honesty
26. Sorrow
27. Happiness
28. Inspiration
29. Peace
30. Faith

So no one gets confused on my characters, I'm going to add a small list of them here.

1. Mayuka - He is my main character and will be featured in either most or all of my drabbles. He is a runt of a dragon. Albino with blue eyes his kind is a rarity in my writing.

2. Kenjii- Born at the time Mayuka was, though is much larger than him. A dragon of a pinkish/turquoise color. The eyes on this dragon are each a different color. The left is yellow, while the right is orange.

3. Sukia - A slender, pink dragon. She is older then Mayuka and Kenjii. Seeing as how dragons only lay up to two eggs at a time, Sukia was born seconds after Thoth. She is the only female of the four siblings.

4. Thoth - The oldest and largest of the siblings. He is truly Dakaria's son, bearing the blue scales and violet eyes of his father. He is also the fastest flier of this dragon family, even able to out fly Dakarai.

5. Dakarai - Described best as an enormous, light blue dragon. Standing twelve feet tall, and weighing in at a staggering two thousand pounds. His wingspan reaches eight feet across, from wing tip to wing tip. One would think it would take a mountain of a dragon to stand up to this behemoth, though the tiny Mayuka makes a habit of it.

6. Shogaku - She is the mother of the four dragon siblings, and the wife of Dakarai. Though, is unfortunately the least mentioned character. This femme dragon is a mere ten feet, though with Dakarai to protect her, she really has nothing to worry about.

7. Elukie - Possibly the only human you will find allowed to ride the back of Mayuka. Let alone come within ten feet of him. The dragons have their own language in which they speak. It sounds as mere noise to most humans, though Elukie is able to understand them. People say he looks almost like he could have been related to Mayuka, with his white hair and blue eyes that favor the dragon's.

Baja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-24-2007, 08:29 PM

1. Fear -

After having found his son at the hands of poachers in the forest, Dakarai, failed to leave Mayuka's side that night. They both now had proof that the forest was no longer a safe place for a stray dragon. Even though, they had made it out alive there was evidence that others hadn't been so lucky. Dakarai found himself waking every few moments to look over his shoulder to see if his son were still there. Scared that the poachers would come for him as they slept. His eyes would sigh of relief as he would see the runty, albino dragon still at his side.

Baja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-24-2007, 08:39 PM

2. Impossible -

Standing at the edge of the mountain, Mayuka spread out his wings. He had seen his brothers and his sister do this hundreds of times. Although their wingspan dwarfed his with ease, the albino dragon still believed that he could fly. He took a few steps back, for want of a running start. Then, without a moment of thought, he ran towards the edge and jumped off. His wings flapped and ached of nothing he had felt before. Mayuka refused to believe what they had said, that he would never fly, but their words rang true as his small wings gave out under his weight.

Baja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-24-2007, 10:22 PM

3. Death -

Mayuka looked down at his sister, Sukia's lifeless body. The pink dragon had been full of life only minutes earlier. But came to her tragic demise after being shot down from the sky. She now lay lifeless in the creek, its water turning a dark pink as her blood spilled into it. He could hear footsteps coming up behind himself, though knew who it was without the need of turning around. The steps he heard, he knew could come from only one thing. An enormous, light blue dragon, named Dakarai. Mayuka looked up at his father with a curious face. Mayuka knew his sister was no longer alive, but was still too young to understand death completely.

Quaint Sheep
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Quaint Sheep

Old 06-29-2007, 05:44 PM

Excellent. I really like the style. I especially like how you sort of leave it open ended for readers to imagine what comes next. The writing form is simple, but far from too simple. I hope to see more ;D

Baja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-16-2007, 10:27 PM

Thank you. ^^ I'm going to work more on it today.

Baja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-16-2007, 10:31 PM

4. Different -

Mayuka's brothers Thoh and Kenjii and also his sister, Sukia, had reached a height of six feet by this time. Though, Mayuka, was only at four. The dragons of other tribes had referred to him as 'the runt'. And also blamed his small stature on why his wings couldn't carry him. That their small bones simply couldn't withstand the weight. He had also began to wonder why his siblings were brilliantly colored, and all he was, was alabaster.

Baja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-16-2007, 10:38 PM

5. Alone -

Mayuka and Thoth soon became separated from each other in the dense forest. Thinking his brother should stand out against the greens and browns, Thoth was soon proved wrong. The white dragon may as well have been wearing camouflage. Thoth knew this was a bad sign. Albino dragons were rare, and there were poachers everywhere. Plus Mayuka was small, he would fit into a cage without much trouble. Thoth searched frantically for his little brother, but failed to find him.

Baja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-16-2007, 10:44 PM

6. Mountain -

It had been too many years since Mayuka had been to his childhood home. He was fully grown now, though merely stood six feet tall. Short, in the sense of a dragon. He walked with Elukie riding on his back. The dragon was able to fly now, but feared that in his excitement to see Hitaro again, he might accidentally throw the human from his back. Though, when they reached the village, his heart fell. Hitaro was a dragon sanctuary, or atleast it was...
Greedy humans had taken over, and had done the unthinkable... They had removed the top of the mountain which lies in the center of the village. Making it shorter than it was meant to be.

Baja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-17-2007, 12:02 AM

7. Sky -

Sukia, Thoth, and Kenjii all darted back and fourth in the light of the setting sun. Their playing was in reality practice. The siblings would one day inherit the top of Hitaro's mountain from their mother and father. Mayuka would lie on his stomach, simply watching them, and the skill they took for granted.

Baja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-17-2007, 12:29 AM

8. Wings -

The shape and length of a dragon's wings are essential in flight. They must be perfectly aerodynamic or the giant lizard will never leave the ground. In a certain, white dragon's case the bones are simply too weak and are formed crookedly. As though inside the egg, his wings almost had no room for growth. It was clear to his parents and his siblings that Mayuka would never fly. Though, it is thanks to the efforts of one human that Mayuka was finally able to leave the ground he had been imprisoned to for so very long.

Baja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-17-2007, 01:02 AM

9. Power -

Dakarai landed on the asphalt road. Mere feet from the large semi truck. The truck screeched to a halt, barely missing the dragon. The driver of the truck backed up a few feet before flooring it towards the dragon. Dakarai reared back onto his hind legs and then let himself fall forwards, his talons ripping through the front of the truck. The driver finally turned the totaled truck off. The blue dragon, allowed the human to run away as he went to retrieve Mayuka from the trailer. Dakarai leaped onto the roof of the trailer and ripped through it with his talons.

Mayuka had been chained inside, unable to even budge. Though his eyes quickly regained life once he saw Dakarai. The humans had tried their hardest to take down the blue dragon, though their best had clearly not been good enough.

Baja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-17-2007, 01:22 AM

10. Monster -

The humans had finally gotten their experimental machine ready. Now, for the guinea pig. Elukie was lead into the room, bound at the hands and feet. A human muzzle over his mouth. It took two men to drag him to the room, though he had finally made it.
"Elukie, I'm glad you could join us.." Samuel's words came out colder than ice. Elukie continued to fight the grasp of the two men, but was still unable to break it. Samuel nodded at the men, and Elukie was thrown into the machine. After pressing a few, certain buttons the machine began its job. It filled with red/pink liquid, until the boy was completely submerged. Then and bright, blue light shot through the vertical, glass tank he was in. At the shot of light, the glass tank suddenly burst. The liquid spilling out onto the floor.
Smoke momentarily filled the room. Though, when it cleared it was obvious their experiment had been an unfortunate success. What stood before them was no longer human. But dragon. Their machine had worked brilliantly, in turning mortal into mythical. Though, they could not predict what was about to happen. Elukie began to attack the humans. It was clear he had no control over the dragon form.

Baja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-17-2007, 03:59 AM

11. Forgiveness -

Elukie lay motionless on the ground. Mayuka landed beside him. He lowered his wings to the ground and walked over to the fatally injured human. Mayuka lowered his head to Elukie's face and gently nudged him with his muzzle. The human didn't budge. Mayuka felt his lungs begin to close and his heart seemingly hung in his throat. He knew an innocent person was dieing, and it was all his fault. In a blind rage Mayuka had attacked the very human that had saved his life in the past.
The dragon heard a strange yet familiar nose come from behind him. He turned around to see Samuel holding a dragon gun* merely feet away from him. Mayuka snarled at the human, and stood his ground in front of Elukie. He hoped that Samuel would decide against taking the shot, for fear of hitting Elukie, but that wasn't the case.
Samuel pulled the gun's trigger and sent a bullet straight for the dragon. Mayuka felt something tugging at him from behind, and suddenly fell down. The bullet merely grazing him. The dragon turned to see what had made him fall out of the way, and saw Elukie now in an almost sitting position. The dragon suddenly felt a rush of energy, knowing the human was still alive. With his new found strength, Mayuka jumped up and quickly charged Samuel. The man dropped his gun, and ran like the coward he truly was.
Mayuka then turned back to Elukie, and knelt down. The human slowly slid onto his back. And teh two headed off in the direction of the nearest hospital.

*Dragon Gun - A rifle like firearm used in hunting dragons.

Baja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-18-2007, 12:40 AM

12. War -

The human army knew they didn't stand a chance on the ground. Therefore, they took to the skies. A fleet of F-22 Raptors were sent in the direction of the large group of dragons. The pilots were ordered to fire at will at the dragons. The men, in their jets, took aim at the dragons, which began to fly in every direction. The pilots held their ground an waited for the perfect moment. Though, unknown to them, one pilot had other plans.
A single Raptor arose on the other side of the dragons. After various, evasive maneuvers it had made it through them unscathed. Now nose to nose with the head soldier's jet, it began to fire. Until the aircraft was shot down. The dragons stopped flying back and forth and looked on at the rogued jet as it single handedly knocked the others from the sky.
Mayuka, who had been in the jumble of dragons, flew to the cockpit. He gazed inside, and grinned, as the first thing he saw was a boy with stark white hair.

Baja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-18-2007, 02:02 AM

13. Change -

Ten years, though what felt like an eternity had passed since Mayuka had seen his family. Thoth was still energetic as ever, though Kenjii had seemed to be the calm one. The dragon who changed the most, though, was Dakarai. His bright, lavender eyes had lost their glow, and he walked with hesitant steps. The dragon looked worn and old, though he was still young in dragon years. It was almost as though something had stolen the very life from him.
Though, it would seem as though a small piece of that life returned to him. After setting sight on his once lost son, his eye began to regain their luster.