angelyuy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-24-2007, 04:44 AM

Well, I've decided to try this out using a bunch of different lists. I'll probably write a mix of fiction and fanfiction for these using all sorts of lists. The lists will be posted before I start writing/posting the drabbles.

I've been told that my writing style is very anime-influenced, but I also like to write in a thought-stream style like I'm inside a character's head rather than narrating. I don't think I'm very good, but shorter is better and practice helps right?

Feedback is welcome, but flames will be used to toast marshmellows covered in chocolate and coconut. *grins*

While my writing may be based on real people, names are changed, and generally the influences are VERY loose, with only a small thing like long hair or a fondness for a certain TV show.

Ratings are somewhere between G and PG-13, mostly for themes instead of content.

Last edited by angelyuy; 09-05-2010 at 02:44 PM..

angelyuy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-24-2007, 04:46 AM

For my first list I have choosen to work off of this one from the lj group to_be_inspired.

The theme seems to be emerging as daily pieces of the life of an oringal character of mine, Lain, who I actually have a whole novel idea slowly brewing in my brain about. So this is practice as well as hammering out her history and personality.

1. Bite
2. Green Pen
3. First Flower
4. A Beautiful Day
5. Water
6. Jars
7. Buttons
8. Silence
9. Trash
10. Chain
11. Rain of blossoms
12. Chapstick/lip balm
13. Cards
14. Quiz
15. Fans
16. Fish
17. Smile
18. Chocolate
19. Scissors
20. Pillows
21. Jacket/Blanket
22. Glare
23. Jealousy
24. Misunderstood
25. Holiday
26. Bell
27. Dog
28. Bridge
29. Minute
30. Flying
31. Bird
32. Cloud
33. Umbrella
34. Snow
35. Singing
36. Square
37. Curtain
38. Popular
39. Rubbish
40. Jellyfish
41. Circle
42. Matches
43. Deception
44. Paper
45. Heart
46. Color
47. Moonlight
48. Death
49. Candle
50. 50%
51. Obsessive Compulsive
52. Technology Challenged
53. Lurk
54. Stalk
55. Doom
56. Butterfly
57. Check
58. Make up
59. I feel pretty
60. Clock
61. Midnight
62. Cocoa
63. Tinsel
64. Spiffy
65. Spilled Ink
66. Paw prints
67. Cute
68. Mess
69. I'm coming
70. Late
71. Missed
72. Spellcheck
73. Mail
74. Tied up
75. Nails
76. Small terror
77. Spider
78. Wine/champagne
79. Cross-dressing
80. Instruction Manual
81. Confetti
82. Glitter
83. Shiny objects
84. Rebirth
85. Marbles
86. Lamp post
87. Charcoal
88. Markers
89. Scribbling
90. Board games
91. Love
92. Sibling
93. Coffee
94. Sticky
95. Sweet
96. Sour
97. Hyper
98. Apathy & Empathy
99. Lost cell phone
100. Happily Ever After

Last edited by angelyuy; 01-12-2011 at 05:29 AM..

angelyuy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-24-2007, 06:03 AM

11. Rain of Blossoms

The wind blew hard across the grove, creating small whirlwinds of lightly pink petals between each tree. Lain laughed as she twirled in circles, enjoying the freedom and beauty of it all.

“What are you doing, Lain?” Heather asked, catching up.

“I've never seen sakura trees before! They're so pretty...” Lain smiled and leaned down to gather sakura petals between her hands.

“Never seen?... Sheltered, sheltered child.” Heather shook her head unbelievingly, right before being pelted with a blur of fluttering petals.

Lain started laughing harder. “They don't make good balls, but that looks hilarious!” she said before taking off running.

“LAIN!” Heather shrieked before scooping up a handful of her own and taking after the laughing girl, two could play that game.

Last edited by angelyuy; 01-12-2011 at 05:20 AM..

angelyuy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-24-2007, 10:20 AM

52. Technology Challenged

Lain picked up the phone without really looking at the number. “Hello?” She asked sleepily.

“Sis!! Sississis!” The overly excited voice of Lain's youngest sister Jessica burst out of the small handset, nearly shattering Lain's eardrums in the process.

“Ow... Quiet down. What do you want at...” Looking at the clock, Lain gave a small groan, she only managed to sleep for two hours before being rudely awoken, so much for beauty sleep. “Three in the morning?”

“I got the Ipod I wanted for Christmas. ButIhaveaproblem.” Jessica had quieted her tone but spoke the last part really quickly.

Lain sighed and asked, “Which is?”

“How does it turn on?” The sheepish reply was the quietest yet.

“You have GOT to be kidding me. Plug it in and call at a more REASONABLE time next time, like AFTER noon.” Lain snapped her phone shut, effectively hanging up on her apologizing sister, before rolling back over to cuddle with her amazingly still asleep cat.

Last edited by angelyuy; 01-12-2011 at 05:21 AM..

angelyuy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-26-2007, 02:39 AM

29. Minute

She walked out onto the roof, looking for a dark shape through the rainy night. Finally finding him at the far corner, she walked over to him and spoke without touching.

“Sir, you should come in so you don't get sick. Miss Sue has made your favorite for dinner.” Being new to the household her voice trembled with nervousness as she was afraid of being slapped for her rudeness. The blow never came.

“I'll be in in a minute Lain. Have my meal brought to the study.” His voice was gravelly from disuse as he dismissed her.

“Yes, sir.” Lain replied with a Japanese-style deep bow. She turned to leave the roof.

“Bring an extra cup for yourself. You will be attending me.” The master added as he stood and stretched.

These words made Lain shiver inwardly, she was too well trained to show her fright on the outside, as she left the roof.

Last edited by angelyuy; 01-12-2011 at 05:22 AM..

angelyuy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-26-2007, 08:54 AM

34. Snow

A snowcat because of the NPCs from the event of course. Although it's just the type of thing Lain would have tried at age seven.

Lain pouted as she stared at her snowcat, well, it was supposed to be a snowcat. She had gotten the body to turn out all right, if a little round in the middle by piling two snowballs on top of each other and sculpting away the right parts for a cat, but the head was all wrong. The top snowball that formed the face was more square than triangular and the places where the ears were supposed to go were only short bumps of snow because her snow ears kept falling off.

“Daddy! My snowkitty looks all funny!” Lain cried to her father building a traditional snowman nearby. He looked up at her cry and gave the snow cat a considering gaze.

“Well, what to do?” He asked as he came over and picked Lain up from her perch on a small step ladder. He brought out a headband with two small cat ears near the top and placed them on the snowcat and started carving into the square face.

“Did you know there's a breed of cat in the far east that has a squished in face just like that mean little dog Miss Randle has. So if we just make a few features...” He finished off the work on his imaginary cat and gave his daughter a twirl. “There! Christmas magic.”

“Oh daddy! You're the best!” Lain cried right in his ear as she was giving him a huge bear hug around his neck. If she looked closely, she saw the small black dot she had drawn on a pair of her costume cat ears earlier. It was strange to her and now she had proven that her father seemed to be able to read her mind, as he always guessed the right animal every year.

“How about we go in for some hot chocolate and then read stories in front of the fire?” Her father asked, he had noticed the slight shivering that was moving through her body and making sure she took care of herself. Without him around Lain would have stayed outside until turning blue because of her love of the snow

“With a candy cane?” Lain replied, batting her eyelashes for the rare treat.

“Just this once, because it's a special day. The birth of the snowkitty.” He smiled and carried her into the cabin he was borrowing from a friend for the winter.

Last edited by angelyuy; 01-12-2011 at 05:23 AM..

angelyuy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-16-2008, 09:24 AM

1. Bite

Lain ran through the alleyway, never looking back once to see the shadowy figures that were quietly following her trail without being seen. As she turned a corner she ran right into the chest of a bodyguard or security type person but managed to get away from the grasping hands just in time by jumping for the emergency stair above them and climbing up a level like a squirrel.

“Hmm... They sent out three big boys to deal with little old me? I think they're scared. Want to come up here and get me? I don't bite... hard.” With a grin showing off her teeth and a laugh meant to send excited shivers down the spine of anyone that heard it, Lain climbed up the rest of the four story fire escape to the roof and disappeared out of sight. The bodyguards from below cursed when the followers from before tried to follow in Lain's footsteps and failed.

Last edited by angelyuy; 01-12-2011 at 05:23 AM..

angelyuy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-16-2008, 09:38 AM

20. Pillows

Lain loved pillows. Fluffy ones. Fuzzy ones. Big ones. Small ones. Pillows in weird shapes. She even loved the pillows one gets when traveling on an airplane. So it came as no surprise to anyone when she was allowed to decorate her small room in the GrauHaus that she asked for a large bed and lots of pillows. She ended up getting a queen-sized bed that barely fit in the room with her one dresser and a small stuffed arm chair and literally covered with it all kinds of pillows. The armchair and dresser suffered a similar fate in that they were covered with more pillows. When someone came looking for Lain in her room, they always made sure to move a couple pillows to make sure she wasn't asleep in her self-made nest. The Master made a habit of bringing Lain a pillow from his frequent travels as a sign she was his favored slave, a practice Lain was overjoyed about until one day she looked around her room and wondered: Where will my next pillow go?

Last edited by angelyuy; 01-12-2011 at 05:14 AM..

angelyuy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-16-2008, 09:53 AM

45. Heart

It was Valentine's Day, the day of lovers, matters of the heart, and happiness, but Lain was depressed. She was in solitary, serving time for lashing out at one of her teachers even though it was an accident. She was unable to remember much from before coming to this school, but they told her she was twenty, so she supposed that at one time she was in love with someone. Then again, maybe not, she found out real quick that she doesn't like to be with other people unless she has to.

Lain rolled over on the threadbare blanket that was all she had for a sleeping space or cover in this dim place. The only light was trickling down from a small grate high over her head in the stone wall, as the solitary cells were lined with large cinder-blocks and mostly underground. The place stunk of mold and old blood, as many students were 'taught a lesson' before being thrown in here. Lain's lesson was a slap on her face and being stripped in front of the entire school before being thrown in here. Damn she hated this place, the jail, the school, everything.

I wonder if it was a girl or boy? Lain thought as her mind returned to the subject she had been thinking about before. Her heart seemed to skip a beat at the thought of it being a girl, so forbidden, yet she yearned for a female lover all the same. I wonder if I had been accepted the way I am where I was before. She started to cry, and eventually fell asleep from exhaustion.

Last edited by angelyuy; 01-12-2011 at 05:24 AM..

angelyuy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-16-2008, 10:03 AM

83. Shiny Objects

If one asked what Lain's favorite color was she would have first replied with 'Shiny!' and when pressed to choose a real color 'black' while still arguing that shiny was a color. Because of this, the walls of Lain's room, where it would be impractical or impossible to hang pillows there were what looked like hundreds of different mirrors or other silver decorations. Even her windows were covered in curtains made of a special kind of cloth that was made of thousands of tiny pieces of silver metal that both looked and felt like liquid when slid over skin. The presents Lain received from guests she serviced were typically shiny objects she could add to her collection on the walls, but those curtains were a gift from the rest of the Master's harem to celebrate her first pregnancy and successful live birth of a legitimate heir.

Last edited by angelyuy; 01-12-2011 at 05:25 AM..

angelyuy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-05-2010, 02:45 PM

2. Green Pen

Lain looked down at the pen she was given to write in her journal with. Green was an interesting color. It could stand for jealousy, which was not tolerated in the house, or nature and peace, which was. Lain always thought of a friend she had back in college when she thought of the color green.

They met in a linguistics class and passed notes to each other by simply writing on a piece of paper between them since Lain is right handed and Heather is left handed. They both loved Japan, and sometimes Lain wonders where Heather ended up as they had both made noises about moving there.

Heather loved green, with no exception. If it was green she wore it, bought it, wrote with it, loved it. It was very easy to spot her in a crowd because of her all green outfits and long hair. Her hair was the one thing she didn’t try and change by dying it green, but left it the same natural light brown that suited most of the green clothing she tended to wear.

Recognizing her thoughts as an unnecessary distraction, Lain shook herself free of her thoughts of the color and started to write about her day.

Last edited by angelyuy; 01-12-2011 at 05:25 AM..

angelyuy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-05-2010, 02:58 PM

8. Silence

Silence was the first rule she learned, both at the school and in her Master’s household. A proper slave only spoke when she was asked a direct question, and even then must respond with the utmost politeness. A mouthy slave was punished.

So over the years, Lain learned to keep her mouth shut over a whole host of circumstances, but her least favorite was that she couldn’t call out abuse from her Master’s guests. Master was nice and let his slaves tell him anything in the form of their daily journals, but the slaves still had to put up with the behavior at the time without complaint.

However, the best silence made up for the bad times. The best silence was when Master was working at his desk and ordered Lain to kneel by his side. Lain was allowed to rest her head on his leg and completely bliss out on being silent and obedient. This is where she enjoyed her subspace the best.

Last edited by angelyuy; 01-12-2011 at 05:26 AM..

angelyuy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-05-2010, 03:18 PM

12. Chapstick/lip balm

It’s waxy and sweet, simple yet elegant, just enough to empathize her lips without overpowering her natural beauty, Lain thinks as she stares at Kira’s lips. Kira is at the front of the room giving a lecture to a class of students on how to use the library properly while Lain is supposed to be watching for students who are lost. But she keeps looking back at Kira and getting lost watching her lips with just that slight glimmer and shine.

Lain thinks back to the night before when she finally got the courage up to kiss Kira for the first time. She remembers the sweet strawberry taste and the just kissed look that stayed with Kira once Lain had kissed most of her chapstick off. It is a most pleasant memory on this assignment that’s getting worse the longer she stays.

Last edited by angelyuy; 01-12-2011 at 05:27 AM..

angelyuy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-05-2010, 03:27 PM

17. Smile

People underestimate the power of a single smile. Lain knew this for a fact. One of her favorite rewards from her Master was simply a smile of happiness or contentment from him and she worked very hard for those few smiles she got. And her Master gave them out only when he deemed her worthy of them.

Smiles helped her fit in with the other slaves. As they were not allowed to talk, and barely allowed to touch, smiles were the only way they could comfort each other on a regular basis so they took advantage of it. Smiles made the days brighter even when the slave in question was in trouble with the Master.

And Kira, Kira’s smile is enough to make Lain question and search to remember a time before the slavery. Kira’s smile is going to make her betray her Master so she can be free. That is the true power of a smile.

Last edited by angelyuy; 01-12-2011 at 05:27 AM..

angelyuy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-05-2010, 04:05 PM

44. Paper

Paper was her weapon of choice. It might seem weird to other people, but to those with the power, anything can be a weapon, and Lain chose paper as it’s abundant and very versatile. She can make it sharp and slash, solid to hide behind or capture someone, even a parachute to jump off a building and land safely.

However, even with all that power at her fingertips, she’s never allowed to use it in the house. So she must take her enjoyment from writing in her journal. The smooth glide of pen over paper as words seem to magically appear is very hypnotic, but it’s no substitute for the magical power of telekinetic paper manipulation.

Last edited by angelyuy; 01-12-2011 at 05:28 AM..

angelyuy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-21-2010, 06:57 PM

91. Love

Lain wasn’t sure if she even knew what love was. Sometimes she thinks she loves her Master, but she’s not sure. Whatever she feels is more overpowering then anything she’s felt before. Her Master isn’t always nice and kind though. Sometimes he makes her do things that make her doubt her beliefs. Horrible things like murder or setting someone up for a crime they didn’t commit. These things made her wonder if even if what she feels is love, if her Master feels anything back. And if he did wouldn’t he take her feelings into account and not order these things of her? That’s the way the world is supposed to work right? Love makes you nicer right? Lain curled up further into her pillow pile and contemplated how the world works out.

Last edited by angelyuy; 01-12-2011 at 05:28 AM..