Begum Sahib
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-26-2008, 06:38 AM

Hey all! I've decided to do these drabbles. 100 was to much of a daunting number for me so I decided to go with 25. Walk before you run right? So here is the list
  1. Uriah
  2. Love
  3. College
  4. Technology
  5. Dancing
  6. Vampires
  7. Phone
  8. Necklace
  9. Comb
  10. Cars
  11. Bug Beetle
  12. Bow and Arrow
  13. Grass
  14. Poi
  15. Door
  16. Perfume
  17. Money
  18. Wedding
  19. Bible
  20. Nail Polish
  21. Time
  22. Make-up
  23. Axe
  24. Farm
  25. Bakery

Last edited by Begum Sahib; 06-29-2008 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: 4 Done

Begum Sahib
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-26-2008, 10:32 AM

Uriah
She closed her eyes and braced herself.

She hated the sensation of what comes next. With a deep breath her spirit slowly flew away from her body. To her it felt like being suddenly submerged in ice cold water, her heart stopped as did her breathing. There her body sat in a seeming meditative state. The soul looked back at the body, unfeeling.

Now to find the plane.

The brain in the body concentrated harder and purple light surrounded the spirit. and it disappeared. For minutes the spirit remained invisible traveling through both space and time until on moment it stopped.

The Nothingness

The darkness swallowed everything, nothing escaped it. There was no form, there was nothing. Just a vast hollow darkness where the lost gathered. The very same lost that the soul had been sent here to retrieve. The soul sent out a beacon "where are you?"

From the depths a weak reply came back, "I'm here, I'm lost"

The soul sent another, "I've come for you, come with me." Moments of silence could be measure in heartbeats.

Then, "I'm here, I'm lost"

The soul voiced its frustration , "Come, you must come. I can bring out of this place."

Another reply from the lost this time further,"I'm here, I'm lost"

"No!" Cried the soul in anguish, "if you go further, you'll be lost in the nothingness forever! Come back!"

Still further, "I'm here, I'm lost" Then again much further, "I'm here, I'm lost"

The soul reached with an etheral arm for the lost, "please."

"I'm here, I'm lost." The reply was hardly detectable to the soul a sure sign it was on the brink of oblivion.

"Please come back," the soul tried once more.

Silence.

The soul waited, nothing.

More waiting, more nothing.

At long last the soul returned to the body and she opened her eyes. "I failed." A tear rolled down her cheek as she whispered, "Uriah."

Last edited by Begum Sahib; 06-26-2008 at 10:36 AM..

Begum Sahib
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-26-2008, 10:59 AM

Love
The princess looked out of her window with the view of the market of the town. Peasants milled about going on about their day.

Look at them peasants and every single one of them envy me. But they don't see half of what I must go through. They have so much freedom and I, I envy them for it. They can choose what to eat, what to wear or who to talk to but most of all they can choose who to love.

There was a knock on her door, "Yes?" She answered absently. "Princess Regina you are required for dinner. Your betrothed is here."

Regina sighed, "Yes of course." She turned to her window and her thoughts.

Ah yes, love. A mystery that occurs between two people. It's a pity that I will never experience that for myself. Oh sure my betrothed is a nice man and we will surely be friends but I must marry him and I do not love him. If I were to even think of loving someone else. It would be death, but these little peasants can love whoever they wish...

She abruptly stopped and for ready for dinner, later on when she was sitting next to the Prince she was to marry she looked into his eyes and thought, and how I envy them for it.

Begum Sahib
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-29-2008, 06:25 AM

College

The alarm clock went off. A tired hand reached for the alarm clock making it cease it's annoying ringing. Groggily, she lifted her head and read the clock. "Damn," she muttered, "if I were going to class today, I I'd be late." She smiled as she mad the decision not to go to class on the fly. That was truly the best thing about college.

She sighed and yawned. Then, as quickly as she woke but. The young student turned over and was fast asleep. This, is the absolute best thing about going college

Begum Sahib
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-29-2008, 11:07 AM

Technology

She stared into the screen, unblinking. The only sounds to be heard were the gentle keystrokes and mouse clicks she made occasionally. Her mission? Nothing, just surfing then suddenly there it was. Her eyes widened as she frantically clicked her mouse and typed a few words into her screen.

His profile.

Her eyes flickered back and forth reading the information he had provided, on the internet, just for her. She looked at his pictures and his favorite music, movies and interests her breath caught in her throat.

They shared the same interests.

"He's perfect," she breathed. Images of weddings and a life together flashed through her brain. A contented sigh escaped from her lips.

"All this," she thought, "and I don't even know his name."

And to think, she doesn't even know his name.