`Kitty's Mule
Mule

Old 06-06-2014, 05:04 AM

I really don't like subs, but if I have no choice.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-06-2014, 06:47 AM

Howdy like subs.

Kitty Paine
Gamer Kitty

Old 06-06-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onsenmark View Post
My friends are all aflutter on facebook. I don't know if the art style is going to be as nice as the image, but it'll be good to see a version of Sailor Moon without all the filler(i.e. the Doom Tree arc, etc.)...
I liked the filler...

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 06-06-2014, 03:28 PM

Cody loves Subs... GOD I CAN'T WAIT!!! I WANNA WATCH NEW MOON!!!!! *pouts*

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 06-06-2014, 03:29 PM

Has anyone been watching Sailor Moon on Hulu? They're slowly releasing it subbed on Hulu. ((Sailor Moon not Crystal :p))

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 06-06-2014, 03:41 PM

Actually does anyone know where I can watch good-quality Sailor Moon Stars subbed online... preferably free... I think I've only watched that season once..

Kitty Paine
Gamer Kitty

Old 06-06-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codette View Post
Actually does anyone know where I can watch good-quality Sailor Moon Stars subbed online... preferably free... I think I've only watched that season once..
Please, I haven't seen it myself. It's hard to find. I watched what few episodes of the fan dub I could find but then it was deleted from youtube.

Butt

Old 06-23-2014, 08:57 PM

I cannot wait for Sailor Moon: Crystal to come out.
The only information I know is, they've been selling some sort of new Sailor Moon merchandises related to the original Sailor Moon in Hot Topic.
Ever since Sailor Moon: Crystal is coming out, new merchandises are coming out related to the new version. There's even cosmetics being released of Sailor Moon. I think by Miracle Romance?
And I heard it'll start airing July 5th, I'm not sure where or on what exactly. :I

ButterflyofGrey
Living in Ratio/Birthday Heaven

Old 06-28-2014, 11:30 PM

I am pretty excited about Sailor Moon Crystal.
Mostly because it will be nice to see all the characters again and enough somewhat reliving things in my childhood.
Though, I was not a Sailor Moon fan as long as most people I know, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I don't mind the animation style, that I know most people keep getting upset about, I find it rather interesting and the colors are really pretty.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-29-2014, 06:16 AM

Oh my god is this what's on hulu right now!?

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 06-30-2014, 07:52 PM

Check out the opening/part of episode someone filmed at a convention. <3333

Last edited by GinKadia; 06-30-2014 at 07:55 PM..

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-04-2014, 09:49 PM

Twelve more hours to the premier. If you're in the US, you can watch it on Crunchyroll or Hulu. ;D

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-05-2014, 10:40 AM

Anyone else stay up and watch the first episode?

Started to watch it on Crunchyroll, but it wasn't subtitled. Switched over to Hulu and it was fine. Have to deal with the commercials though.

My expectations were neither high nor low, I was simply curious to see how it would turn out... and it turned out pretty good, I thought. The art direction and character design may take a little getting used to, but it's not a problem at all.

It was nice to see, or rather hear, that after twenty years, Kotono Mitsuishi can still do Usagi's voice pretty perfectly.

edit: Okay, I coulda swore Tohru Furuya reprised his role as Mamoru, cause it seemed to really sound like him to me. But apparently it's a different actor. Confusing. :B

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 07-05-2014 at 10:47 AM..

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 07-05-2014, 02:55 PM

It's subtitled on Crunchyroll now. :3 SOoooooo pretty. And so many characters from the Manga <333

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 07-05-2014, 09:12 PM

I can't even remember the last time I saw Sailor Moon This looks pretty interesting, though.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-08-2014, 08:36 PM

I just watched the first episode on CrunchyRoll. I'm really liking it so far. :D

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 07-09-2014, 12:18 AM

I watched the first episode! It's a really good reboot! I expected some new story, but it seems to be exactly the same as the original series. Oh well! I really liked the new transformation sequence, though a lot of people seem to not like it because of their nostalgia glasses.

Last edited by Elirona; 07-19-2014 at 12:15 AM..

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-09-2014, 11:15 PM

Agreed. The transformation scene is getting, unfairly it seems, far too much flack. I don't understand why some are so offended that it's CGed. Cause it doesn't exactly line up with rest of the animation? It's not that big of a deviation, in my opinion.

And I think going forth, the story will deviate more noticeably. The first act of the manga and the first episode of the original series are very similar.

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 07-20-2014 at 02:57 AM..

Angel-chan
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Angel-chan Send a message via MSN to Angel-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Angel-chan

Old 07-19-2014, 05:01 AM

I know I like it. Its different than the original plus my friend Rise likes it. I'm sure they do the dub version later on just watch it in Japanese.

Pearl of Night

Old 07-19-2014, 02:46 PM

I am excited for this. This was my childhood. I lived for Sailor Moon and was so sad when she just like up and vanished. Seriously.

I loved the first episode. I'm not going to lie, I admit I cried. It was just so awesome to see my favorite heroine back in action! Sure the transformation wa kind of awkward but I bet they'll clean it up. After all, it's her first appearance so they had to elongated and show off everything.

But I so wholeheartedly support it. I know where my money is going now. XD

xxblondiee

Old 07-22-2014, 09:24 AM

I haven't seen Sailor Moon in around 12 years since it was taken off British television (GMTV @ 6.30am Monday-Friday)
I remember the only reason I found it on television was because I woke up early and pt GMTV on ready for Pokemon at 7am, and Sailor Moon was on.
Watched it all the way through until it was cancelled. :(

Sad times!!

linapoo
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-27-2014, 07:13 PM

Sigh, I am disappointed by SM Crystal. 8(
The animation is lacking, and the art is feels like it was drawn by amateurs.
There is lack of character in the animation and it's just sloppy.
I guess my expectations are too high. But, I guess I should have known considering Toei was animating.

Also, for the transformation scenes...it's lazy. It's honestly about them being lazy. I don't know their budget, but CGI is relatively cheap in TV shows (considering quality and what not) but it is faster to produce. I know I'm being over critical, but ugh.

Just why
You can expect this in scenes that are far away or not focused
but a close up? Really?

Though the voice acting is good. That's great. and I love that it follows the show! But augh I can't get past the awful art.

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 08-02-2014, 02:29 AM

I have to say, I'm not a fan of the drawing style (the characters having suuuuper long limbs!), but all in all, it's still something different, and I think it is rather interesting.

I agree that there seems to be a lack of character depth. I feel like it's more of a 'hurry up and lets put together a new Sailor Moon' kind of a feel.

SPOILERX

I'm glad they didn't draw it out and have Ami come into the anime in a couple episodes, but still, it feels a little rushed

I'm still gonna keep watching it, since I love the new transformations for the characters (incorporating the planet they are associated with)

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-04-2014, 06:12 AM

I have some really mixed feelings about Crystal so far. I mean, on the one hand, Sailor Moon! On the other....well...

I really hate how Luna looks in this. It's really uncanny valley somehow. The face, the overall ridiculous slenderness of her body. I'm not digging it.

And you'd think that for a show that gets two whole weeks to work on an episode instead of just one, they'd be able to animate it smoothly. I watched Rei's episode last night and holy cow, there's one scene where she walks across the temple grounds (around 8:30) and it just looks so oddly jerky. I'm not usually one to notice those sort of animation errors, but it was literally the only thing moving in the frame and it was so awkward! Rei's eyes are pretty scary too.

I mean, I won't stop watching, maybe, probably, but I am not blown away.

As far as the Transformation sequences go, I'm not overly bothered by the CG scenes, but the transformations are something they only have to animate once and get to recycle ad nauseum, so why go the cheap way when they could have gone all out?