Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 03-05-2015, 08:51 PM

Although I have found myself away from Mene as of the last 6 months or so, I think I will try to be back in the groove of becoming a casual poster again. Perhaps I will even find myself wondering around some of the future events. For now though, I am comitting to a new memory jar, and one that will hopefully keep me coming back for occasional posts about work or my daily life.

Last edited by Libra; 03-05-2015 at 09:00 PM..

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 03-05-2015, 09:00 PM

[.:Table of Contents:. ]

March
Fifth

April
Fourteenth

May
Twenty-sixth

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

Last edited by Libra; 05-27-2015 at 01:40 AM..

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 03-05-2015, 09:15 PM

[.:March 5, 2015:. ]

So my family finally got to celebrate my brother Victor's birthday today! We left before the snow starting coming down too hard, it was basically sleeting outside when we left. While we were sitting in Outback Steakhouse, we didn't think there would be enough snow to really make it a problem to get home. We had some delicious food (I had steak tacos) and we were on our way.

If you couldn't tell from my the picture (not mine of course), someone rear-ended me while I was sitting at a traffic light. Thankfully for me, I actually had minor damage to my car: only some indents where the other driver's license plate screws pushed into my back bumper. Her car on the other hand was not so lucky. Still minor damage, but her entire license plate holder was crunched into her front bumper. She merely didn't give herself enough stopping distance for the situation, and slammed into my car. Thankfully she was fine, and so was everyone in my car.

The one down side? We were on our way back to the house to have my brother cut open and take home his birthday ice-cream cake. We had to call my brother and tell him we probably weren't gonna get there very quickly, and to just head on to work.

This storm is calling for 4-8 inches. I hope the roads are good enough for me to drive on tomorrow! If not, then I'll just stay in. I don't have work again until Saturday thankfully.

Current Avatar:

Last edited by Libra; 03-05-2015 at 09:28 PM..

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 04-14-2015, 03:02 PM

[.:April 14, 2015:. ]

Since I joined the gym last September, I have lost 30 lbs! I am also eating healthier, smaller portions through out the day. Every week I buy a week's worth of groceries (plus a little more) and I plan out my meals for the week. I also aim to go to the gym 4x a week, but recently have been averaging 2. Hopefully when I work back into going 4x a week, I'll be able to lose more weight.

I'm debating if I should plan out my meals for the week and post them in this thread... Maybe this next week I will do that.

I found out last week I will be getting some new hours at work! Right now my shift is currently 5 days a week, Sat-Wed. My new hours will be 3 days a week, Sat-Mon. I'm super excited about the whole thing, although I am not excited for how long I will have to wait to start my new shift. Since there are a bunch of shifts open right now, I might have to wait for someone new to be hired and trained before I'll start my new hours. Either way, it shouldn't take longer than a month though.

Current Avatar:

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 05-27-2015, 01:38 AM

[.:May 26, 2015:. ]

I have been incredibly bad lately. Not only have I increased my uptake of sweets, but I have also been particularly interested in chocolate

So! In order to break my habit, and to go back to eating a healthier diet, starting June 1, I will do multiple things:
1) Keep a food journal.
2) Eat no sweets or desserts for 10 days (to prove I can). Afterwards include a small dessert with each meal.
3) Eat no fast food.
4) Eat only lean protein (eggs, ground sirloin, fish, chicken tenderloins, & sliced chicken or turkey)
5) Increase simple snacks (fruits and veggies)

I haven't gained any weight, but I know I won't lose any more until I vamp up my healthy eating again. Ok... Time to go make some more brownies while I still can >_>

Current Avatar: