CandyOrchird
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-03-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolori View Post
Why would I laugh? It was an interesting read! I didn't know the primary colors were different in science.

Thanks for your entry!
>.< hope this is the place to do this..... i need gold badly, so here goes......

A rainbow in the sky, a simple painting to the world of the day. Blue for Sorrow, found in the world which we call Home. Red for Anger, expressed daily through lives not even our own. Purple for Clarity, the sense of peace in our world. Yellow for Imagination, the one place in our home where we can be care free and as crazy as we can be. Green for Normal, just being ourselves in any envoirment we enjoy. Blue Green for Relaxing, just a sense of being on a cloud, light as a feather....... The World we live in.

>.< hope that's going to work.......

Some Random Randomness
Absolutely Malignificient King o...

Old 09-04-2009, 12:04 AM

I decided to join just for the heck of it.

Title: Green is the colour of Envy.
Drabble:

Little Red giggled after hearing what little Yellow yelled about green. No WAY could that be true. “But but but!” babbled Blue “I bet you haven’t heard about what purple did yesterday.” “WHAT!?” replied Red “I am dying to know.”

At that moment Orange walked up to the sandbox Red, Yellow and Blue were playing in. “Uh hi…” Orange said as he shuffled his feet “You mind if I join in with you guys?”
Yellow jumped up while Red and Blue sat there giggling “Sorry, we don’t play with SECONDARIES. You want the unnecessary sandbox, it’s over there” Yellow pointed.

Nolori
Everyone's Favorite Imaginary Fr...

Old 09-04-2009, 01:09 AM

@Candy Orchid:
This is indeed the place! Thanks for your entry!

@Random:
Thanks for your entry! It made me laugh.

Chunsa-chan
Sarang hanindea yo~

Old 09-04-2009, 06:42 PM

*sneeks in an entry* :3
title- Swingswing
Drabble-

Swinging was perhaps her most favored pastime. A pump of her legs could send her swinging up into the blue sky, little girl curls flaring out behind her head like a dragons red tail, while tucking them under her tush brought her crashing down to the grassy green earth, her curls tangling around her face and ears and into her mouth, only to start the process all over again.

Kicking her plastic pink shoes in the air, she started pumping, bringing the world out of focus. She laughed in glee as the world turned into a swirling vortex of color.

Nolori

Old 09-04-2009, 07:07 PM

Yay! More entries! This is turning out far better than I'd hoped for!

You guys are awesome.

Amelyani
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Amelyani

Old 09-04-2009, 08:43 PM

Because the edit feature doesn't really work well on my end, I'm posting my fixed entry here. Thanks for the word count link. ^^

---

Primary colours. Essential for a visual artist using colour. Red, yellow and blue. That is what most think of when someone mentions 'primary colours.' But what about light? The primary colours of light are red, green, and blue. I don't know why I also think of the primary colours of light as well. Maybe because I work in a photo lab. When taking colour pictures, your primary colours are of light and not colour. When painting, you can use primarily red, yellow and blue. When dealing with light sensative photos, the whole 'red, green and blue' comes into play.

---

I hope this works. ^^

Nolori

Old 09-05-2009, 12:24 AM

It does indeed! Thanks for fixing it!

Amelyani
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-05-2009, 12:50 AM

Hehe! No problem.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 09-06-2009, 04:00 AM

Title:
Drabble: Through her lashes, a child contemplates a change. A changing of days, of moments in history. The birth of time for another breath, the rising of the sun. She can see a gold that is gold and pink depending on how her small head is tilted, a cloud painted whimsically crimson and purple. Red, green, blue. Cyan, magenta, yellow. Science and paints will tell her that these are the primary colors. But this child feels otherwise as she gazes, squinty-eyed, unable to stare at the sky as equals. These are the closest to being primary colors, the colors of creation.

Nolori

Old 09-06-2009, 04:19 AM

Thanks so much for your entry. I really liked your take on the prompt.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 09-06-2009, 05:14 AM

Heh-heh. Thanks. ^^ I noticed that people were taking 'primary color' literally, so I spent a bit of time trying to give it a new spin.

Crimson Blossoms
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-09-2009, 09:45 PM

Woah, nice thread. ^^
I'd enter, but I suck at writing.. :/ So yeah.

Amelyani
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-09-2009, 10:40 PM

Awww entering doesn't hurt.

Hehe figured out how I can edit here. Yay!

Last edited by Amelyani; 09-09-2009 at 11:10 PM..

Jezriel
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 09-10-2009, 03:59 AM

I should try writing little things using prompts more often. This was fun! ^_^
Using that word counter, I had a challenge trying to juggle some words around until it hit 100 exactly. :XD

----------------------------------
Title: Treasures of Children
Drabble: A mother sat on a bench watching her daughter. The young child ran around the park, giggling with the exuberance of the young. She ran back and forth, gathering treasures to give to her mother. A handful of fresh green grass. A bright yellow dandelion. A lost red button that had seen better days. A blue pen lid, never to see its mate again. Her mother smiled at the handful of odds and ends. Some might consider these offerings to be trash and weeds, but they are a rainbow of treasure to a child. A gift of lovely primary colors.

Nolori

Old 09-10-2009, 04:02 PM

@Crimson:
Thank you! You should totally try though! There's never any harm in that!

@Amelyani:
Yay!

@Jezriel:
I'm glad you liked it! I'll have this contest open with the prompts changing every two weeks, so I hope you come to enter again! Thanks for entering.

Nalah Sin
Mostly harmless

Old 09-13-2009, 11:23 AM

Hi, Nolori! I've never done a drabble before, but it was quite a lot of fun to give it a try.

Please bear with me for any grammar mistakes you might find, I'm still trying to polish my English skills and have to admit that getting all poetic and soppy in a foreign language can be quite a challenge. :D

Title: Nature's true beauty
Drabble: Mbali took Mathews hands in hers and smiled. „I can see your reservations, dear. You're a true-bred, pure-blooded, immaculate like a primary colour. But look around you, and tell me what you see. The beauty of green surrounding us, the lush grass and majestic trees? The golden glimmer of sunset we're bathing in? The myriads of colours greeting us from these fields of flowers, filling our hearts with joy? Don't you see that the true power of primary colours lies in the capacity to mix and match them, to create whole new worlds of vivid colours by blending them?“

Nolori

Old 09-13-2009, 06:01 PM

Thanks so much for the entry Nalah! I didn't actually see anything glaringly wrong with it. You did a great job getting all poetic and soppy!
May I ask what your native language is?

Nalah Sin
Mostly harmless

Old 09-13-2009, 06:32 PM

Especially soppy, I fear. :D

Normally I'm writing in plain old German, though I've never done something like this in German, either. I quite enjoy the challenge of adding, relocating and withdrawing words in order to match the limit without breaking the whole thing.

Thanks for the fun, and I hope I may enter again next time? =3

Nolori

Old 09-14-2009, 01:32 AM

I think German is a beautiful language. I tried to learn a bit in highschool, but our teacher didn't care enough to teach us anything and the textbook was falling apart.
That aside, I really do like hearing it spoken.

Of course you may! In fact, I really hope you do! The new prompt should be up some time tomorrow.

Nalah Sin
Mostly harmless

Old 09-14-2009, 05:32 AM

It does have a few advantages over English (namely the wide range of synonyms for most words), but I have to admit I somewhat prefer the speech patterns of British English. And English just has a lot of words to describe more complicated concepts that you need a wall of words to put across in German. :D

If you ever feel like getting into the language again, a friend of mine swears by http://www.livemocha.com/ - I've never come around to get an account for myself, but she says it works wonders. And I think it has a fairly huge community of both German learners and native speakers.

Looking forward to the new prompt! It'll be a pretty busy week, but I'm sure I'll hop in somewhere around Friday. =3

Nolori

Old 09-14-2009, 03:38 PM

@Nalah:
Thanks so much for the link. I'll take a look at it and hopefully be able to start learning some German again when school stops eating up all my time.
I can't wait to see your next entry!

The new round is UP! The winner has been chosen (Congrats to Chunsa-chan!), and all the gold has been sent out. Thanks to all who entered in the last round. I hope to see you again in the next two weeks!
My explanation for the winning drabble can be found on pg. 1.

Some Random Randomness
Absolutely Malignificient King o...

Old 09-14-2009, 04:52 PM

Congrats to Chunsa for winning! :D

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 09-14-2009, 06:25 PM

Congrats, Chunsa! :D The new theme sounds interesting...

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 09-14-2009, 06:31 PM

Well done Chunsa ;]
Great idea for a contest Nolori. I'll have to think of something to write about, I want to take part!

Nolori

Old 09-14-2009, 08:12 PM

I'm glad you think so lunanuova! I hope I get to see your entry soon!