KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 02-18-2011, 04:37 AM

After watching the black and white clad jester bound through the room, Kage turned back to Sara and gave another mischievous smirk, a fang showing slightly as he did. "You could have fooled me. Though I doubt you would like what I will be drinking." He said, standing and briskly walking over to the counter.

Waiting a moment, standing to the side, he watched as the harlequin jested and attempted to "woo" the blond young woman beside him. After the laughter had died down, he smiled charmingly and stepped forward. "Pardon, but I wish to order some drinks." he said, his tall frame hovering above the three people at the counter. His dark eyes rested on the woman behind the bar, and he gave a small nod. "A bottle of dark rum with a shot glass and a virgin daiquiri please."

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 02-18-2011, 04:41 AM

Sara fidgeted and her eyes wandered aout the room. She smirked at the jester's antics. What WAS he doing? He seemed fairly harmless though. Although to her, EVERYTHING was fairly harmless. She could handle anything, with ease. After all, she was going to save the world, wasn't she?

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 02-18-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Before the barkeep could answer Zea's question about whether or not they served apple cobbler, his attention was drawn to the stool next to her. Having been zoning out and dreaming of warm food, she got quite a shock as she turned around to see a rather eccentric (and terrifying) looking harlequin sitting behind her and ordering drinks, his voice slightly muffled as if he had something in his mouth. Ever since she was a little girl and her parents had taken her to a traveling fair, Zea had had a fear of clowns. At the fair, one of the jesters had kept on following her family around and even though it wasn't an all-out sinister motion it had creeped out Zea's mother, and seeing her react like that had given Zea the same unease. "U-u-uh, nevermind. Serve him f-first." she squeaked to the barkeep, sweating like a pig. To heck with it all, she thought, How can a booberry muffin be worse than sitting in here with this guy.
(In quote marks because it was the beginning of my bonus round submission in the main thread)
Just as Zea was about to exit the bar, the door opened and a winged stranger walked in and made her way to the bar in a rather nondescript manner, as if she was uncomfortable being seen or keeping to the shadows had just become a habit after having to avoid other beings for so long. This brief interruption of Zea's thought process allowed her to think clearly, Was this idiotic clown seriously going to hurt her? He may look like something out of a horror movie but his manner seems harmless enough, if not a little unstable.
After taking a few deep breaths to calm herself, Zea slowly turned around and picked an empty table to sit at, somewhere in the corner of the room. It was only now that she really had a chance to take a look at her fellow bar-goers, and avoiding the section of the bar where the creepy clown was, she scanned the area. Sitting at a table not to far away was an elf and a blonde woman talking intimately, and a couple of tables away from them was a lonely old man clutching a chicken to his chest like it was his first-born, all in all it was a pretty diverse crowd.
Calmed down a little now, Zea fiddled with the zip of her jacket as she wistfully thought about the apple crumble she could be eating right now if it weren't for that stupid- Zea! Don't think about him! she mentally kicked herself, trying to avoid dwelling on the thought that she was in the same room as a clown. In shouting distance, no less!

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 02-18-2011, 03:47 PM

Sodom leaned out a little to look around Lilith infront of him, so that he could see Kage on the other side. He gave him a sly wink and put a hand up to the side of his mouth, as if to cover what he was saying so that Lilith couldnt see, but deliberately made it so that she could. Saying loud enough that she could certainly hear it, he said to Kage "Hey! I think shes trying to play hard to get! Did you ever have trouble with her like that?"He cackled in laughter, waving a hand to signal he was only kidding about though.

He sipped some wine from his glass again then raised it and peered at the contents again intently. "So i havent slain you with my unbelievably seductive pick up lines?" he murmered to himself... "Not yet anyway... Time to break out the big guns!"

Turning to Lilith, he looked at her, his face solemn, the sincerity in his voice showing as he spoke to her. "My love for you is like diarrhea, I just cant hold it in! My lips are registered weapons, can I invade your personal space? Youre absolutely perfect, but dont speak now, you might spoil it! Though you must have fallen from heaven, that would explain how you messed up your face!" He turned back to his glass again, quiet once more, fingers brushing the bottom of the glass absently. "There," he whispered quietly, "I gave it my best shot!" He looked at the glass and its contents silently for some moments... before he lost his composure again and began to giggle, which evolved into a chuckle, and then quickly progressed to loud hearty laughter!

After a moment, he got a hold of himself and looked at her more seriously. "My dear, if i was in need of company, i can always talk to one of the other voices in my head, or even go and annoy some one else, but unfortunately, seduction is useless on me, and i have little interest in trying it without wanting to experience it... again" The last word came out belatedly and rather quietly, as his mind tripped back to the last time that he had truly ever felt attatched to some one. That some one had been the last of the Karni Freaks, oh so, so many years ago now. He could barely remember her face, but the little things about her he remembered vividly, the way her hair smelled after she had washed it, or the way her eyes glinted mischeviously on a bright day when they had some time alone, even the way she used to walk, that her hips had an alluring rhythm to them that transfixed his gaze and mesmerised him more than once. These were the things that he remembered about his wife. Even as she aged and withered and died as he never seemed to. That was the hardest part of all for him. That she had been allowed to go to the next life, and yet he was forced to endure this one. Stuck here, on this rotting world, where its inhabitants were merely a passing amusement for him.

His thoughts progressed as he tripped back down nostalgia lane, revisiting memories that had happened lifetimes ago it seemed. Suddenly he realised that he was sitting in a public place again, and that people were watching him, looking at him strangely, expectantly, curiously. He looked around at their faces, blinking, remembering again who they were and where he was, and more importantly and profoundly more sadly, that he wasnt with his wife any more.

He looked down at the floor a moment, avoiding everyones gaze for a brief second as he realised he had been silent and far away for much longer than he had realised. He needed a distraction. And quickly.

"Well! Would you look at that!" He said excitedly as he pointed to the floor and then quickly bent down to pick up the object that had miraculously caught his eye and saved the awkward moment from becomming worse. "A lucky penny!" He let it slip from the sleeve of his black and white sleeved shirt and caught it deftly in his white gloved left hand and the held it up for all to see.

"Who would like to see a magic trick with this here lucky penny?" He asked everyone, standing and turning to face the room more fully. "I might even need a volunteer for this trick!" he said with a mischevious glint in his eyes. His mind had already moved on from thoughts of his wife as he focused on the tasks at hand, no longer concerned with nostalgia, but with who and what feats he could pull off infront of this crowd.

He looked from face to face: The woman behind the bar, the one infront of it next to him, the man on the other side of her, the woman sitting at the table who was acquainted with the one next to him, the younger woman sitting on her own at the table the male had come from, looking decidedly nervous, and the one at the back in the corner, looking slightly distressed for some reason, the woman of the mist who stood near the door along with the other figure with the wings. Any one of them could provide amusement and merriment, not just for him, but for others present too. Which of them would be game to become one of his puppets, his play things, as part of his antics though, he wondered?

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 02-18-2011, 04:08 PM

Lilith stuck out a hip and placed her hand on it. She tried to look cool and keep a straight face but within moments had broken out into hearty laughter. "The big guns? Diarrhea? A messed up face?" She bent over from laughing. It had been a long time since she had laughed this much. Lilith straightened up and wiped her eyes.

"Well I'm sure the voices in your head are never lonely or miss out on a laugh." She noticed that his expression had changed. It was almost a sad look on such a happy face.

She watched him bend down to pick something up and saw how he dropped the penny from his sleeve. She smiled knowing he was trying to make everyone forget that sad look.

Lilith knew she would regret it but fun was fun right? And if things went to bad she could always run off to another inn. "I'll be your volunteer. I hope there are no plans to cut me in two or make me into a chicken. That is of course if there are no other volunteers that would like the job more." She paused and looked around. She had seen the look the jester had placed on everyone here and she doubt many would be open for such a job. Especially her friend back at the table.

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 02-18-2011, 10:09 PM

Zea took a deep breath, and tried to calm herself. Sooner or later she was going to need to confront her fear, so now was as good as ever... Shakily, she locked her eyes onto the harlequin who was now attempting a coin trick at the table with the blonde and the woman with tree-green hair. Zea began to hyperventilate again, but forced herself to watch on as the jester showed everyone the coin, revealing that it was not rigged or wired but just an ordinary coin.

Zea kept her eyes locked onto his monochromatic figure as she stood up and returned to the bar, only when she sat down did she turn to look at the barkeep. Again. "Sorry to bother you again, but... Would I just be able to order an apple cobler?"

The burly man nodded and scribbled something down on a piece of paper, and Zea looked around the room for somewhere to sit while she waited for her order. It looked like the table with the clown at it was accepting new members readily, so Zea balled up her fists and stiffly made her way over and grabbed an empty seat. "Mind if I sit here?" she said a little shakily, avoiding eye contact with the clown.

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 02-19-2011, 02:08 AM

Iltu had sat, for the most part, frozen, watching the events involving Sodom and Lilith, though she did manage to look appalled when he cat-called her way. When Lilith accepted the role of volunteer, however, she gasped and shot to her feet. Ooooh, she thought she might have finally made a new friend, and now she was going to get herself killed by this crazy and unsanitary clown! Upon standing, however, Iltu realized she had not the foggiest idea of what to do. She had read many online articles about how to behave in social situations, but 'what to do when an acquaintance that offers to buy you a ginger ale volunteers to be a part of a possibly depraved clown.' I mean, what's the protocol for that?" she thought desperately.

She stood there looking something of a fool until she saw another woman approach the jester and the table now occupied by him and a slowly growing audience. Biting her lip nervously (she wasn't prepared to interact with more than one person at a time, she needed practice!), Iltu took several tentative steps in the direction of the table.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 02-19-2011, 02:22 AM

Lilith looked over and saw Iltu jump up and remembered the drinks and her stuff. She saw them sitting on the bar. "If you would mind waiting one second I'll be right back."

She grabbed their drinks and ran back to Iltu. "Sorry about bolting on you. I really didn't mean to get involved. Sometimes I just can't keep my mouth shut. Oh, here's your drink." Lilith handed Iltu the drink. "I would stay with you but I think that jester plans on having someone to make a fool of and I would rather it not be you or that poor girl who seems terrified of him. I have the feeling he would drag one of you up. Don't worry I should be fine. I happen to be a daredevil. I should be getting back before he forgets I volunteered. Are you alright with that? If you would rather me stay here I will."

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 02-19-2011, 02:33 AM

Iltu took the offered ginger ale from Lilith and looked at her, wide-eyed. "Oh, um, thank-you, for this! For the drink!" she said quickly. "Um, don't worry about, um, bolting, you didn't, not really. Things happen. And, um, I'm fine with it, I'm not your um, boss or something! I-I'll come with you, though. For moral support. Erm, that is to say, um, I'll be your moral support, not so you can be mine," she clarified unnecessarily.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 02-19-2011, 02:41 AM

Lilith smiled. She didn't think she would find anyone so nice here. "Sure you can come back. Thank you. Oh let me grab my stuff." She ran back to the table, placed her drink on the table then pulled her quiver, bow, and bag out from under the bench and table. She swung the quiver on her back and then the bow and dangled the bag off her arm. She grabbed her drink then headed back to Iltu. "Ready to go."

Flink
FRINKZIRRA
Send a message via AIM to Flink Send a message via MSN to Flink Send a message via Yahoo to Flink

Old 02-19-2011, 07:32 AM

"If he turns you into a chicken and cuts you in half, I'm sure you'd make an excellent stew, dear." Flink said this whole thing with a straight face as she looked up from her notes. She nodded to the barkeep when he looked to her about the apple cobbler. Poor thing wasn't confident in his cooking, it was a shame really.

At the mention of voices she looked at Sodom, shaking her head, "Admitting to hearing the voices is never a good thing. The younger people think they're scary."

After a few moments Flink put her clipboards up and turned her full attention to the jester, then to Zea, "Spare your fear for real clowns, dear. They're the ones who eat little children."

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 02-19-2011, 07:59 AM

Zea turned back to look at Flink, scowling. "That's not really helping!" She cried back over the general hubbub of the now chock-a-blocked Inn, taking a seat at the crowded table since no one had rejected her yet. Just as she sat down, the woman that the clown appeared to be flirting with stood up and walked off. "Oh, did I make her leave?" she asked no one in particular, staring at the center-point of the table unblinkingly, as she tried to stop herself from standing up and running from the Inn.

Last edited by zeapear; 02-19-2011 at 09:49 PM..

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 02-19-2011, 03:36 PM

"Sorry I was gone. Didn't want to be rude to my friend I left." Lilith turned to look at Flink. She really hoped she was joking. She didn't want to be made into stew. "Well Flink if he does I would prefer if your cooks didn't make me into stew. Never liked it that much. I prefer soup so much more."

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 02-20-2011, 06:38 AM

((Ill post a response in about 4-5hrs time all, sorry im so late, my last post was lost because i hit the wrong button and refreshed the page instead and i dont have time to retype another one right now! SORRY ALL! :( ))

((EDIT - My brain refuses to function and allow me the creativity to come up with something decent. I shall try and get up early to make a post in the morning! Sorry again everyone! *head desk*))

Last edited by Drop Bear; 02-20-2011 at 01:28 PM..

FidelisRaor
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to FidelisRaor

Old 02-20-2011, 09:51 PM

((For the record I don't usually roleplay like this. I just think there's good times to be had when your life is swamped by college.))

She walks in and sits down, looking around. Wow, this in is really small, and there are a lot of people here. She thinks to herself. Her black hair is all down her back and seeing a lot of people she walks over and sits down at the bar too. "Hi." She says to the person next to her. "My name is Eleanor Potato Fryzbee."

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 02-21-2011, 05:13 AM

((Epic FAIL! Sorry, guys, I got a little confused as to where everyone was in the bar. Just for the sake of making it easy, I've sat down at the bar with Sodom and Lilth as opposed to the table I thought they were at :sweat: Sorry about the brain fart.))

Zea glanced up at the dark-haired stranger, glad for the distraction to ease her taught nerves. "Oh, hi. I'm Zea," she said in greeting, holding out her hand for Eleanor to shake. "You have a rather interesting name there, Ms. Potato Fryzbee." she continued on, eying Eleanor's rainbow hair-streak, mauve eyes and pointed ears.

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 02-21-2011, 02:13 PM

(( YAY! BRAIN IS WORKING NOW! ^_^ ))

Sodom nodded to the woman who had approached and wanted to sit with them at the bar, the one from the back of the room who appeared quite distressed. "A fawn amongst lions?" he asked, more to himself, "Or perhaps, a lion who does not know it is a lion?" He had seen people afraid of who and what he was before. He recognised the signs, the aviodance of the eyes, even the curious side glances, the quivering voice, all of id and more. Whether she chose to be the lion inside that he saw she could be, or whether she would let her fears rule her for the rest of her life, was up to his actions, and her reactions tonight, here, in this Inn. He then noticed from the corner of his eye sight, the other woman approaching alongside his rather open female volunteer who he had yet to decide to accept or reject. This was the woman who seemed disgusted and appauled by him.

He immediately recognised his position here. Of the two woman before him, one was near mortally afraid of clowns, the other looked down on them. On one hand, he could try and alleviate the fear of Karni Freaks in one, and on the other hand, he could create a fear of Karni Freaks in the other. He would take great delight in both, yet, to do one, would maybe bring the other undone and he would end up with a result that was a dead loss instead of a partial victory.

He chose not to decide about Ms. Haughty-Taughty right there and then, instead deciding that her reaction to his display would tell him what he needed to do. This other one though, was another story, they were sometimes easy to work with, sometimes, he could never get through to them and they would instead be afraid for life of those who were Clowns.

In the split second that it took him to evaluate, rationalise, and plot in his head, he knew at least one course of action for the night. His good deed so to speak. He looked to the woman now sitting with them, looking her straight in the face, and gave her a smile. Not a cheesy beam, a smutty smirk, or a mischevious grin, but a genuine, open, happy and acceptingly warm smile. "Welcome to the Tea Party!" he said to Zea, giving her a quick bow of his head and spreading his arms wide while citing an Alice in Wonderland refrence that he hoped she would understand.

He then turned his attention to Ms. Haughty-Taughty and the volunteering one. "YOU!" he cried out, pointing an almost accusing finger at her, before cracking a big cheesy smile. "Come join the merriment and watch your friend as i perform the impossible, defying the possible to do the improbable and achieve the unquantifiable, that you shall find undeniable in its nature that is highly questionable!" He called out loudly to her, patting his lap. "I have just the seat for you... If you dare?" he finished suggestively, giving her a mischevious grin. "Wait, how can you sit on me, and still watch my show, if i cannot sit down to watch myself perform?" He questioned of himself, apparently suddenly realising the impossibility of his predicament, before rectifying the problem. "Oh well, maybe another time you and i can sit together and talk about the first thing that pops up?" He laughed bawdily at the innuendo in his statement and then stood up from his seat, picking up the shiny penny.

As he turned to walk towards his possible volunteer he noticed another female had walked in and was joining them. Hrm, so many faces that he knew not the names to, nor for that matter, even the name of his victim... or volunteer, which ever she turned out to be...

He turned then, standing next to Lilith and facing everyone infront of him. "Ladies and Gentle-ladies. Men, and Not-So-Gentlemen!" He said, raising his voice above that of the din of the Inn to get their attention at the table. "Since we are all here, and you may have heard who i am, but i do not know who you all are, maybe we could start with introductions so i can know who you may or may not be? I shall start!" he said loudly, clearing his throat to begin.

"I am the great, the amazing, the sensational, the seasonable, the fashionable, the unfashionable, the mystifying, the mesmerising, the hypnotising, the mys- no, wait, ive already said that one... Oh to heck with it," he said with a chuckle, "I, am Sodom The Clown!" he announced with a flourishing bow to the table. He then turned to Lilith, asking "So, lass with the great wood," He paused, winking at everyone and nudging Lilith in the side comically because she had her bow with her. "Who would you be then? Victi- I mean, Volunteer or Assistant?"

He went around the group, making comments about them all, flattering and unflattering both, and learning all their names. At last though, he finally knew who they all were. "And now that we are all well enough acquainted, id like to see some of you after the performance for a private showing!" He anounced to them all, grabbing his crotch and winking at them all like some sort of dirty, decrepid figure before laughing and letting himself go. "Ahh, but the show awaits us all!" he said, remembering that there was a performance that he was supposed to begin. He looked about quickly at the tools at his disposal and the people with him.

"SLAVE!" he called to Lilith, "No, wait... erm, Wench? Nooo, erm, Woman? Lady? LILITH!" he said, remebering her name like he had forgotten. "Come with me, i need you to hold some things briefly." he said as he took her by the shoulders, leaving her things at the bar with Flink and walking them to a spot on the floor a reasonabe distance from the others and moving some tables to make room.

He then unclasped his cloak from around his shoulders and got her attention, motioning like he was about to give it to her to hold. When she reached out for it, he looked away for a split second as though he hadnt seen the gesture, looking instead at the others seated before him, and shrugged, throwing the cloak up in the air and out, almost like he was going to drape it over her shoulders, but instead, the cloak covered her head. Mysteriously, it seemed to become much larger than it had been on Sodom, and though it covered her head, the back of it fell to the floor.

At her yelp of surprise, he quickly looked back at her, a look of shock passing his features. Quickly he pulled at the cloak, yanking back like he was trying to pull it back over her. It seemed to grow even more and covered her entirely. Comically, her figure could now be seen, completely covered under a massive, furry, black and white cloak, unable to get out. Sodom looked at Liliths figure like she was the one playing around with him and tapped his foot while she poked and prodded at the cape, trying to get out from under it. Getting impatient and looking at his imaginary mime-watch, he shook his head and then leaned forward, grasping the cloak and reefing the top of it back to help her. The cloak flew away, billowing out and swishing around as Sodom held it, but lo and behold, there was no longer any Lilith under it!

"HEY!" he called out to the Inn in general, "Get back here! Im not finished! HELL! I havent even started yet!" To which he heard a muffled cry in response from behind one of the curtains on the wall where he had entered. "What the HECK are you doing over there?" he called to her, walking over to the curtain and lifting it to peer behind. He looked back to the others still sitting and watching him. "Hey! Where are you?" He called out again, lifting the curtain higher and leaning in to look about. A muffled cry in response could be heard from behind another curtain on the opposite side of the room, but Sodom walked in behind the curtain still looking as it fell closed behind him.

For the next few minutes, a comedy, something akin to 'marco polo' was played out, Sodom calling out to Lilith from behind one curtain, only to have her respond from behind a different one, on occasion they could be seen pawing through the curtains underneath them. Suddenly, there was a muffled scream from behind the first curtain and they both tumbled out from behind it in a tangle of legs and arms that seemed to go everywhere other than where they were supposed to.

Straightening his Fools Crown, Sodom said to her "Now dont go wandering off again or the gummy bears will get you!" He turned back to them all again at the bar, dusting himself off and then walking back to the cleared area to perform again. "Can we continue now please?" he asked Lilith as she joined him again. At her nod to proceed he chuckled and then reached for his Scepter that was ever present at his waist.

"Id like you to hold this end please," He said, holding the wand with the little skull wearing a three pointed jokers cap on its head. As she reached for it, the solid scepter, no longer than his forearm, suddenly became limp and fell away as she tried to grab it. When she reached lower to grasp it, it became solid again and stood back up, avoiding her hand once more. "Quickly please!" he said like she was fooling about, "We dont have all day for your shenanigans!" Finally, on her third attempt, she grasped the scepter and held it firm. "Thank you!" he said, before continuing, "Now, hold it firm, and dont let go, what ever you do!" he said with a mischevious grin as he grasped the bottom end and began to pull on it in earnest.

Exaggeratedly, he struggled and pulled in a mime-like fashion for some moments, Lilith standing there one handedly and looking at him confusedly. Was she even trying to hold the Scepter? Then, suddenly, Sodom slipped and tripped forward, and the Scepter went with him, though Lilith kept standing where she was. When he stood back up, the foot long Scepter was now a six foot long staff. "Ahh! Much better!" he exclaimed after having apparently 'stretched' the staff out.

"Now, where did i put that penny?" he questioned, patting at his pockets as he searched himself. Spotting his cloak still on the floor, he picked it up and looked under it futilely. He shrugged and walked back to the bar, looking on it for the coin as he dropped his cloak on it absently. He then spied Zea eating her apple cobbler while sitting next to Ms. Potato Fryzbee. He canted his head to one side and said "Excuse me for a second," just as she was about to take another bite and grabbed it from her hands. He looked under the bottom of it, shaking it just slightly incase the coin was located on it somewhere, but to no avail. Just before he gave it back though, he smiled, winked, and took a small bite, then handed it back, talking around the mouth full of food saying "Thats good cobbler that is!" before chewing and then scratching his head as to where the coin could be. In seconds a look of surprise appeared on his face and he abruptly stopped chewing, pulling an odd face. He turned back, looking suspiciously at Zea, while apparently chasing something around in his mouth. After a few seconds, he produced a perfectly clean penny from between his black lips and gave her a grin, saying "Oh, I see what you did there!" implying she had secretly stuck it in his piece of apple cobbler!

He turned back to Lilith, throwing the coin to her that she caught deftly, then belatedly calling out "Catch!" He then took the now much larger scepter from her and placed it upright in the middle of the room, making minute adjustments to its balance until it stood freely on its own. "Right, now, im going to do a flip onto that pole and land on one foot, ok? And when i do that, ill tell you to throw the coin up REALLY high in the air so that as it falls i can catch it, right? And while im waiting, ill juggle some of these juggling balls too," he said, reaching into his pockets and pulling out a half dozen juggling balls and holding them. "Then, when that penny comes down, ill catch it on my forehead, ok?" he instructed Lilith, informing her what he needed to do. She seemed to doubt his ability to flip from the floor, and land on an inch thick wooden pole on one foot, and then to juggle and catch a penny on his forehead that she threw to him, but she nodded all the same.

Sodom took a breath, and walked back to the bar, enough room for him to get a run up. He noticed his cloak on the bartop and put it on again. He looked at Zea, saying "For luck!" as he winked and patted his cloak fondly. "Ive only done this thrice," he said calmly to them as he focused his mind on the task ahead, "The second time, i ripped the back of my pants open," he took a deep breath, breathing in and out slowly, "The third and last time, i got it perfect..." He breathed deeply once more, unblinking as he focused on the top of the staff and the small skull he had to land on. "But the first time i tried it... well, i ripped far more than my britches! Nearly ripped off something that shouldnt be ripped off infact!" he said, his voice rising in intensity until, the moment he finished his sentence, he launched forward, taking two quick strides, leaping into the air, and landing on his hands deftly. He then pushed off hard from the ground and launched himself feet first even higher into the air than before, and somehow seemingly defying physics and the laws of nature to land deftly on top of the skull at the top of the staff.

Wobbling only slightly, arms outstretched for balance, the tension was high enough that if he fell, it wouldnt cushion his fall in the slightest. "HA!" he said in excitement and reached into his pockets for the juggling balls. Withdrawing the half dozen juggling balls, he began to throw them up and catch them, all the while, standing on one foot on the pole.

"Right, Lilith, when i say now, i want you to throw that lucky penny up high into the air, higher than the juggling balls, ok?" he called down to her below, but without waiting for her answer whether she was ready, he called out "NOW!" Belatedly, she launched the penny high into the air, her aim, as he predicted, was spot on, sailing high up and comming back down towards his forehead.

Just before it reached him though, his foot slipped and he fell backwards, his concetration lost like his footing! With an obscene cuss of alarm that is far too depraved to even write, he fell backwards from the pole and it teetered away from under him. But as he fell, all of the black and white quartered juggling balls exploded into a massive shower of black and white confetti, raining down on everyone in the inn and obscuring Sodom from sight as he fell.

Strangely though, there was a strange lack of impact when he should have hit the ground. Yet in the confusion of the raining confetti, this little fact was overlooked. Moments later, as the last of the confetti was settling to the floor and it was apparent to the onlookers that Sodom was not on the floor injured at all, a voice was heard on the other side of the bar saying to Flink "Hrm... he makes a mess that one... And hes a bit strange in the head too, if you ask me..."

Startled, Flink would turn to look at the figure that had silently appeared next to her dressed in black and white, leaning on the bar, head resting on one hand casually as it watched the last of the confetti settle to the floor. Sodom turned to regard Flink's startled expression. "What?" he asked in alarm.

On his forehead, was stuck a nice shiny penny.

Down At The Billabong
Drop Bears Hangout thread!
And my strength? Is that I have some!

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 02-21-2011, 03:04 PM

((That was great. Very fun to read))

Lilith followed along with everything the jester asked. The show behind the curtains had been reasonably fun if a bit weird. Suddenly appearing behind a curtain was kind of weird. When they had finally tumbled out of the curtain all tangled up she was suprised that he didn't take the chance to cop a feel. His actions and words had implied that he was a perv but it looked like he wasn't.

Everything that followed was suprising but oh so fun. While most of this would scare or confuse others if they were in her place, it did not really bother her. She had always believed in magic. She was a elf after all.

When he jumped on the staff she was amazed. When he started to fall she started to dodge over to catch him but then the confetti burst out and covered everything. When he appeared back at the bar she clapped. This was some of the most fun she had had in a long time. She had made friends and had been involved in a great show.

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 02-21-2011, 06:38 PM

Kage, a bit disgruntled at the lack of polite service, was waiting patiently for Flink to fulfill his request. He quirked an eyebrow as the strange jester addressed him, but did not respond. He remained standing at the bar, and was about to repeat his inquiry when the clown went off on another outrageous tangent, ending with a tumble and burst of thin paper strips floating about. Being quick enough to catch all of the movements, he was unsurprised when the clown seemed to appear on a stool at the bar, penny in place. He couldn't help but quirk a bit of a smile at Sodom's antics, the strange man was quite good at what he did.

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 02-22-2011, 05:09 AM

((That is quite possibly the longest post I have ever seen. O_O))

Zea shrunk back slightly as Sodom smiled at her, it seemed a little different to the one he'd used before though. Less forced and more genuine, like he was actually trying to make her feel better. As she was beginning to feel a little less terrified, Sodom grinned rather maniacally and began a whole magic show involving the woman apparently called Lilith as his assistant, and all in all, the show was actually rather entertaining and well done. Zea even smiled as Sodom took a bite of her cobbler and went on to find the coin apparently 'hidden inside', even though Zea was more than positive that he'd been hiding it in his mouth or used magic.

As Sodom winked at her and shrugged on his cloak, telling Zea about his past failures with the particular trick, she smiled genuinely back at him. "I hope that you're wearing a crotch guard under there Sodom, you might need!" she called out of the roaring crowd as he landed deftly upon the top of his staff, and gasped with the rest of the crowd as he appeared on the other side of the bar.
Zea clapped hard and catcalled, momentarily forgetting her fears as she was caught up in the excitement of the moment. "That was amazing!" she said loudly over the bar, leaning in to alert Sodom she was talking to him. "How did you do that?"