Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 05-16-2013, 01:46 AM

@Sleepy anarchy: oh god, i agree with you. Duodecim's name is just...dsgfdfkahgfkghl;. i could never get it right, haha.

Sleepy Anarchy
Mad King - Sass Queen

Old 05-16-2013, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
Welcome, Sleepy Anarchy. :) That's an ambitious list!
Damn right it is. I have a bad habit of starting games and not finishing them. At least that's only the list of games i've started. If I gave the list of ones I have and never played, It would be much longer.

Aoi: I typed it out about 6 times, trying to figure out which way looked right. I ended up leaving it like that, just because I couldn't be bothered typing it again.

EverlastingRitz
puppytier

Old 05-16-2013, 09:51 AM

hopefully you aren't as bad as me.
sitting at the computer and being like 'hmm, I should finish <insert game> and then I open sims or minecraft instead ahahaha

wagon
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-16-2013, 08:25 PM

Too bad I just noticed this thread, I literally just finished getting 100% on Yakuza 4. I have about a month off from school, so I'm going to be gaming it up the whole time.

Goal: 100% 10 games in a month
Start Date: 5/16/2013
End Date: 6/16/2013

Games to choose from:

PS3:
Valkyria Chronicles
Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3
Resistance, Resistance 2, Resistance 3
Resonance of Fate
Warriors Orochi 3
Way of the Samurai 4
White Knight Chronicles
Devil May Cry HD Collection
Yakuza: Dead Souls

Xbox 360:
Dead Space, Dead Space 2
Bioshock 2
Dark Souls
Nier
Bayonetta
Vanquish
Catherine

PC:
Borderlands 2
Alan Wake
Bastion
Dishonored
LA Noire
Mafia 2
Max Payne 3
Metro 2033
Overlord, Overlord 2
Portal, Portal 2
Risen
Serious Sam 3

Some of these I've started but never finished, some I've never even played. 100% includes doing everything possible and getting all trophies or achievements that are reasonably attainable (I'm not going to bother with multiplayer-only ones, for example). Seems pretty reasonable, I'll update with what I choose to play and my progress in a few days.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-17-2013, 05:02 PM

Welcome to the madhouse, wagon! :) 100% completion on 10 games in a month.. I think your goal might be the craziest one yet.

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 05-18-2013, 11:25 AM

Ok so I actually made a blog like a month ago in an effort to essentially play every game I have bought in chronological order and then review it etc. I just keep buying games. :/ It didn't last long because I didn't have any followers so maybe there will be a motivation factor if other people see how I am progressing? I hope so. This will be much easier to update too.

My ULTIMATE Goal: To complete every game I own which is 43 completable or objective games (non simulation, board game style games and racing etc) and probably increasing knowing my habits. They spans over 6 platforms. (Backwards compatible consoles are lumped together). There is no time limit but I'd like to get it done within 3/4 years at least HAHA. I am so bad at estimating. I also have a few games that I completely REFUSE to touch due to them being completely boring, not my thing eg. Rapala Fishing or full of problems e.g Carmageddon 64 *shudder*. I do not wish to ever waste my time with that or Superman 64 EVER AGAIN.

I still haven't decided whether I will replay games I have already finished or if I will restart games I've already started because I haven't touched some in years.. Nah, I might just kick off where I left off to make it a bit quicker.
Summary: All completable games, 3/4 years. *crazy laugh* (Will I still be on mene in three years..?)

Current Goal: Complete half of Nintendo 64 list by my birthday (october). I'm a busy/lazy gal.

What I'm Playing at the Moment: Banjo Kazooie

THE LIST!

Nintendo 64X

Donkey Kong 64
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
Super Mario 64
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Pokemon Stadium
Tony Hawk Pro Skateboarder
Toy Story 2
Yoshi's Story
Bugs Life
Pokemon Snap
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

PS2X

Simpsons Hit and Run
Tony Hawk's Underground 2
Ratchet and Clank 2
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Grand Theft Auto III
God of War
Futurama
Guitar Hero III
Kingdom Hearts
Odin Sphere
Soul Calibur II

*PS1*
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee

NDS/N3DSX

kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Super Mario 64 DS
Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice
Pokemon SoulSilver
Super Mario Bros. 2

WIIX

House of Dead Overkill (refuse maybe?)
Madworld
Conduct
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
Epic Mickey

*Virtual Console*
Sonic Spinball

*Gamecube*
Luigi's Mansion
Pikmin
Starfox Adventures

GBCX

Pokemon Yellow
Oddworld Adventures

XBOX 360X

Bioshock 2
Skyrim

I won't be doing PC games since I have a macbook now and my PC runs slow. :< I didn't have many anyway.

Details
Xbox Gamertag: krautruck
3DS FC to come (Can I get a hell yeah for the new animal crossing game coming out?!)

Last edited by Wonderlands; 06-02-2013 at 06:58 AM..

Sleepy Anarchy
Mad King - Sass Queen

Old 05-18-2013, 02:19 PM

Well, despite going to a friends place today, I made good progress on Hyperdimension Neptunia. beat about 20% of the game. Still a long way to go though.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-19-2013, 03:04 PM

I beat Walking Dead last night.. oh, Clementine.

Welcome, Wonderlands! :) I too am looking forward to the new AC. :D

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 05-19-2013, 10:54 PM

Updated my list a bit. Particularly added Portal 1 & 2, because damn, it is silly that I haven't played either of those yet. I've known about the awesomeness that is Portal for years and still haven't gotten around to it.

wagon
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-19-2013, 11:55 PM

Welp, that's a quick way to get the wind taken out of my sails. PS3 keeps freezing on the last chapter of Uncharted, was hoping to finish it up today. I'll move on to something else I guess, hopefully it's just overheating and not something more serious.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-20-2013, 03:02 PM

Oh no, wagon! Twice we've had our drives fail in PS3s such that they cease to be able to play bluray discs first and then freeze up on any disc. Hope that's not what's happening for you. :(

wagon
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2013, 03:27 AM

BellyButton: I hope not either. It looks like it was just that game, but it's brand new and doesn't have any scratches or damage to the disc. It looks like several people online have had similar issues, I'll try what they did after I finish up Uncharted 2, which is playing just fine.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 05-22-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlands View Post
(Can I get a hell yeah for the new animal crossing game coming out?!)
Gurl I'm not even going to bother making myself any goals cause I am going to spend every day past June 9 playing that game.

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 05-22-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
I beat Walking Dead last night.. oh, Clementine.

Welcome, Wonderlands! :) I too am looking forward to the new AC. :D
It looks amazing and I can't wait to see all the new characters. I see that there's a deer and it looks SUPER CUTE! Thankfully the 3DS wifi system is much smoother running because in wild world I could never get my old DS to connect to wifi. No Nookingtons for me. :<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risque View Post
Gurl I'm not even going to bother making myself any goals cause I am going to spend every day past June 9 playing that game.
Hahaha, true! I am so screwed because it comes out during my final exams week. I won't have the willpower to not play it!

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 05-26-2013, 04:45 AM

Just finished playing Botanicula! I stated playing it a while ago and got stumped on some of the puzzles and just came back to it. I admit that I had to consult a walk-through to get me past a few sticky spots that I just couldn't figure out, but overall I though it was really fun and cute. Amanita Design always makes super cute, quirky games.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-29-2013, 05:03 PM

Botanicula looks neat, great visuals.

I just picked up Skyrim again, and am working on the main storyline. Trying not to get so distracted this time by side quests, but so far it's not looking good. They've got to run out eventually though, right??

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-31-2013, 08:38 PM

Still plodding through Skyrim, alternating between main storyline and side quests. Just finished the Dawnguard DLC questline. Something strange has happened with one of my adopted kidlets (Hearthfire stuff) ~ she's going around in her underpants using her new magic dagger on things. I think it's some glitch with that particular dagger model not letting clothing equip. I'll try giving her a plain wooden sword again to see if I can fix it, but for now it's pretty funny to have a grubby, half-dressed murderous savage for a daughter (quite appropriate given my character's behavior).

I think I'll be done with Skyrim soonish. BUT, there's a Steam sale! Famous last words, riiight? Alan Wake is just 3 bucks this weekend. Not sure if my laptop will cooperate but I can't pass that up, thing's been sitting on my wishlist forever.

Sleepy Anarchy
Mad King - Sass Queen

Old 06-01-2013, 12:24 PM

So... I'm a bit of an idiot. Haven't even made it through one game on my list. And then I went and bought Borderlands, Persona 4 Arena and Halo 3.

wagon
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-01-2013, 07:27 PM

Little bit of an update/modification to my goal... Personal/family things and a non-cooperative PS3 have cut some serious time out of my challenge period, I think I will change my goal to just "Beat 10 games in a month while 100%ing as many as possible." Lost about 200 hours worth of saves and 2 platinum trophies due to a PS3 freeze leading to a corrupted file system that could only be fixed with a reformat.

Current progress: Uncharted - 100%
Uncharted 2 - 100%
Uncharted 3 - completed on hard, working on Crushing
Portal - completed, still have time trials and challenges if I want to 100% it
The Walking Dead - completed, I'm not sure what else I would have to do to 100% it? Maybe a playthrough where I make the exact opposite choice at every juncture just to see how the story changes?

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 06-02-2013, 02:28 AM

I deleted WoW from my computer the other day, which cleared up a TON of space, so I downloaded all the Humble Bundle games I have that I haven't gotten around to playing yet. (It's a long list.) I probably wont end up liking and playing through all of them, and some of them are "endless" sorts of games, but I'll count them as played if I've played through most/all the major content.

On that note, I played a few rounds of Atom Zombie Smasher and won, so I added that to my finished list. Raining down death on zombies from the skies is a great way to spend a Friday night when you are home sick. XD

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 06-02-2013, 06:57 AM

I'm changing my currently played game to Banjo Kazooie instead of Donkey Kong as I bought the Xbox 360 version so I didn't have to drag out my nintendo. Too lazy! I am about a quarter of a way through I think.

wagon
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-18-2013, 12:45 AM

So, my challenge period officially ended yesterday. I'm quite disappointed that I was not able to achieve my goal, but there were a number of unavoidable obstacles that prevented me from reaching it. My final progress for my "month" of gaming is:

Uncharted - 100%
Uncharted 2 - 100%
Uncharted 3 - completed on Hard, 33% of the way through 2nd playthrough; roughly 66% completed
Portal - finished the main story, did not complete challenges or speed trials
The Walking Dead - completed the story once, did not complete a second playthrough with all the opposite choices
Infamous - 100%
Infamous 2 - 66% of the way through first playthrough
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne - 75% of the way through normal playthrough

As you can see, nowhere near 100% completion in 10 games. However, I think that if I did have an actual month of no obligations and no sudden surprises I could have easily completed my challenge. Life happens, sometimes the games have to be put on hold no matter how badly they need to be completed :D

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 06-18-2013, 03:50 AM

I thought you had a really fantastic result though, your goal was very ambitious. Well done!

As for me, playing through my list has been put on hold because I'm up to a level I REALLY hate and as you probably know, Animal Crossing has come out so I kind of have been sidetracked by that.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 06-19-2013, 03:39 AM

wagon, I'm impressed by how thoroughly you play games! I don't have the patience for completing every side quest or speed runs or anything like that. Once I get through the main story, I'm pretty much done, unless there are particular end-game quests.

Speaking of which, I finally finished playing Fable 2 last night. The ending was really upsetting for me! I dabbled around with some of the end-game quests, and I might play a little more, but I probably won't do completion stuff with my current character.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-19-2013, 03:05 PM

I think you did great too, Wagon! 100% is a lot harder to achieve than simply finishing the storyline. Feel free to set a new challenge for yourself if you wanna. :)

While my laptop was defunct I did finish Skyrim finally. Got a few achievements left to get but I'm not sure if I'll bother because ANIMALCROSSINGOMG .. tee hee

---------- Post added 06-19-2013 at 08:11 AM ----------

Oh! Just updating my list post and I forgot to report that I finished Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Inifinity as well. Super cute little bastards, those pokemon. -- but this brings me halfway to my goal of 12 games, yay!