The Star Eater
NPC
NPC

Old 08-08-2009, 02:51 AM

Event Guide and FAQ

Don't know where to go to get the event item rares? Not sure how to collect the star currency? Confused about how the event works in general? This is the thread where you can find the answers to your questions - or, if you're still unclear, please feel free to ask in the thread and get help from others. :)

Please note that this thread is for questions and answers, bug reports and event feedback only. General chat should be kept to the main event thread or user created threads. If you are simply chatting in this thread, it will be considered spam and removed.

The Celes Paradi 2009 event runs from August 8, 2009 - August 16, 2009, ending at approximately 12pm (noon) Central Time Zone. (Click here to find out what time it is in Central Time Zone right now!)

To access every aspect of the event, click here to go to the event overview page.

Table of Contents
0. Introduction & Table of Contents
1. Collecting Currency & Event Items
2. Clues & Event Items
3. Performing Overview
4. Overview & Frequently Asked Questions
5. Important event links

Last edited by Mr. Mayor; 08-15-2009 at 10:26 PM..

The Star Eater
NPC
NPC

Event Currency Overview
You will notice that there is only one event currency this event. Don't worry - that's exactly right. :) You're not missing where to find the event store currency - there simply isn't any! Some events will have event store currency, and some will not.

Stars: How to collect them
There are several ways to collect the Star currency:

1) Post in the forums.
You will earn 0.50 of a Star each post you make in the forums. (Meaning for every 2 posts you make, you earn 1 Star.)
Spamming will not be tolerated, even if it is an event. Warnings will be handed out the same as on non-event days.

2) Petition the Goddesses.
Every 30 minutes, the goddesses will grant you one full star each. Remember to visit them!
Note: This is on a "personal schedule". Meaning, if you petitioned the goddesses at 9:33 the next time you could petition them would be 10:03.

3) Train with your Goddess.
Spend 0.10 of a Star each time your chosen Goddess is willing to take a pupil and after a few training sessions (ten for each level), you can level up in dancing, singing or cookery to earn an extra fraction of a Star piece each time the goddesses grant Stars! (That means if you level up the first time, each goddess grants you 1.10 stars when they grant stars.)
Don't bother trying to practice with the other goddesses - they'll take your 0.10 stars as a gift and won't train you!
PS: Training with your goddess only affects the star pieces the goddesses give you. It gives you no other advantage.

4) Perform to other users!
Successful performances will earn you 0.40 Stars. For more on Performing, please read the FAQ section on performing.
Please note that you will only be successful when performing to a user who has posted within the last 30 minutes.

The Star Eater
NPC
NPC

Clues Overview
The Star Eater has hidden himself in six different common areas of the Menewsha website. You will have to follow the clues and find where he waits for you before you will be able to trade Stars for event item rares. Though the image is the same as the Star Eater's NPC image - the event rare locations are not related to his posts or profile.

Clues will lead to places on Menewsha - anywhere from a thread to a site feature. Some clues may be easier than others. But more likely than not, the hardest part is "over-thinking" the clue! :)

It will take the Star Eater a day to get into the first location - so the first event rare item won't be able to be found until August 9th.

When you go to the page you think the clue leads to, scroll to the very bottom of the page and find the picture of the Star Eater. Click that image and then head to the Gift Exchange!

If you have problems solving the clue, please feel free to ask for help here. That's part of what this thread is for! Please be specific about which clue you are having problems with. "Help me find the item!" doesn't help at all! "I'm having trouble with clue number two." is much better. :)

IMPORTANT: No one will be able to tell you exactly where to go. Do not ask for the answer. It is not allowed to simply give you the answer. Helpers can only assist by giving you a different clue. Posts with direct answers to the clue will be deleted and you will lose the gold you earned for that post.

Clues
These are the clues that lead you to the Star Eater! Find the Star Eater at his hidden location, click on him, and then visit the Gift Exchange page to trade stars for items!

1) Cornucopia (yellow star)
Value: 30 stars
Release date: August 9th
Clue: On Menewsha, this would be considered the Land of Plenty.
Preview:

2) Dance's Sky Sash (purple moon)
Release date: August 10th
Clue:
When this word lights up, you know someone was thinking of you.
Preview:

3) Silver Lyre & Gold Lyre (red sun) & (blue sun)
Value: 25 stars each
Release date: August 11th
Clue: Please note that there are two clues - one for each of the items released today! The clues lead to different pages.
A) A little bit of money spent here can go a long way towards helping you complete your Quests.
B) You've got your work cut out for you if you want to be a leader here.
Preview:

....................................Gold<-------------------------------->Silver

4) Lunar Belt (green star)
Value: 35 stars
Release date: August 12th
Clue: You should know these.
Preview:

5) Solar Flare Crown (blue moon)
Release date: August 13th
Clue: A place that you should check out if you want to know what's going on on Menewsha.
Preview:

6) Star Crest (teal sun)
Release date: August 14th
Clue: If there's a setting you'd like to alter, you'd find it here.
Preview:

BONUS) The Star Eater's Wig (orange sun)
Release date: When it is unlocked! Available now!
How: To obtain this item, simply visit "Gifts from the Heavens" as if you had already solved a clue. The orange/gold sun is the Star Eater's item.
Preview:

Total stars necessary for a full set:
> 215
> (245 if the Star Eater's item is unlocked!)

Last edited by wishie; 08-14-2009 at 03:13 PM..

The Star Eater
NPC
NPC

[imgleft]http://www.menewsha.com/img/1/51689b0a6718fb09d3b6b4b753e59eb3.gif[/imgleft]Performing Overview
You can perform 10 times every 30 minutes to do showy cooking demonstrations, sing a song, or dance. You may perform to any member of Menewsha, not just to those who have joined a team.

To perform to a member of Menewsha, check under their avatars in the forums and find their "Perform!" button. Click on it to give it your best! Not every performance is a successful one, however. For every successful performance you give, you will earn 0.40 stars.

Don't bother performing to those users who are bored, however. A user can only hold interest in other users' performances for ten performances every half hour. You'll notice these users are already bored by the animated overlay of the sigh and sweat drop.

Please note that you will only be successful when performing to a user who has posted within the last 30 minutes.

Please note that training with your goddess will not increase your number of performances or chances for success performing. :)

The Star Eater
NPC
NPC

Overview
A basic review of how the event works.
  • Event Items (rares) will start being released on August 9th.
  • Donating unused Stars to the Star Eater can unlock a 7th event item at any point during the event.
  • You cannot collect an Event Item until you have solved the Clue and found the Star Eater.
  • Once you have clicked on the Star Eater in his hidden position, visit the Gift Exchange page where you can trade Stars for event items.

Frequently Asked Questions

This space will be filled with commonly asked questions you guys have about the event. Staff will edit in the answers to questions that seem to be asked a lot.

Q. How long will this event last?
A. Until approximately 8pm Central on August 15th.

Q. Can you collect Stars by posting in all forums or only in the event forum?
A. You can collect them in all forums except the Word Games forum.

Q. Can I buy or trade Stars?
A. No. You'll have to earn your currency on your own!

Q. What time does the next event item rare come out?
A. We're currently aiming for around 2pm Central Time Zone, but this may vary due to unforeseen circumstances. Just hang tight!

Q. Is there a limit to how many event item rares I can collect? Do they have to be collected in a specific order?
You may collect as many of the gifts as you have Stars for, as many times as you like, whichever order or item you like. (For example, if you only wanted to collect the third item, you do not have to collect the first and second as well.)

Q. Who did the artwork for the event?
A. ToriKat did the artwork for the staff thread banners.
YanYan13 and Omi did the artwork for the event forum layout and signature banners.

Q. Who did the pixeling for this event?
A. Tre le Coco, Bisque, wish04, Some Random Randomness and ChibiTotoro222 all contributed to the lovely event item rares and commons. :)

Q. Why isn't there an event store currency this time?
A. It did not fit into our event plan this time.
Please do not expect event store currency to help you get your items every event - they're half-priced during the event itself, which is pretty generous, we think. :) If you don't have the gold, there are various staff-run and user-run contests and games to get you items that you'd like. Take advantage of those opportunities!
And don't forget that the event commons are half-price during the event... you can always get them later. :)

The Star Eater
NPC
NPC

If you have any questions that aren't answered above, now is your chance to ask them. Please make certain to read the guide before asking questions.

Event Links
  • If you haven't already, join a team here.
  • The overview page is here - which includes team stats.
  • Don't forget to petition the goddesses here.
  • When the gifts start being handed out, visit the Gift Exchange to trade stars for items.
  • Feed the Star Eater any unused stars here to unlock the 7th event item.

Staff Events
Places to Chat

Last edited by Tre Le Coco; 08-09-2009 at 09:07 AM..

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 08-09-2009, 09:04 AM

May I point out that the link that states "The overview page is here - which includes team stats." leads to a site named "..." and asks for your username and password.
I`m just concerned that others may fall into the trap so I thought I`d bring it to your attention. x:

Last edited by Tre Le Coco; 08-09-2009 at 09:08 AM..

Tre Le Coco

Old 08-09-2009, 09:08 AM

All fixed!

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 08-09-2009, 09:09 AM

Hooray~ Thank-you. C:

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-09-2009, 09:18 AM

Sorry - must have missed that url! Thanks Tre!

Tre Le Coco

Old 08-09-2009, 09:25 AM

no probs ^^

Chunsa-chan
Sarang hanindea yo~

Old 08-09-2009, 10:06 AM

A technical question. You practice with your goddess, and after 10 practices, you go up a level, and gain a star and a star fraction. Correct?

How many levels are there, is there a way to tell, will there be an acknowledgment to gaining a higher level, and after each level, how big is that new star fraction?

Thanks!

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-09-2009, 10:10 AM

Yep - after ten practices you earn 1.10 stars from your goddess each time you petition her. (Then you level up again and it's 1.20... and so on.)

The levels are limited to the number of hours of the event, I suppose. o.o

I'm not sure if there will be acknowledgment once you've "leveled up" - I forgot to ask Insomniac and it seems he's gone to bed. ^^;

Chunsa-chan
Sarang hanindea yo~

Old 08-09-2009, 10:44 AM

Thank you CK, much appreciated!

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-09-2009, 10:45 AM

Not a problem. :) If anyone manages to level up their skills before I remember to ask Insomniac, I hope they report it. XD

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 08-09-2009, 11:43 AM

To earn a star from the Goddess, we're told to visit them. I tried that, but didn't receive a star. Are they just not here yet?

Chunsa-chan
Sarang hanindea yo~

Old 08-09-2009, 11:53 AM

When you visit the goddesses, all three are there with a 'petition' and a 'practice' button on the bottom of thier picture. Hit the petition to get a star.

And since your in feast, hit feast practice button. It'll help in the long run.

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 08-09-2009, 12:02 PM

Thanks Chunsa-chan!

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-09-2009, 02:17 PM

Hello. I am suspecting there is some bug or glitch or mistake here.

It is about the performing.
I found out that, I can never get the same person to listen to me for the second time even though it is another 30 minute round.

They are always interested in something else.
I am sure they are posted within 15 minutes. But the response they gave is just like I already clicked them for that round.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-09-2009, 02:21 PM

Whether they like your performance or not is completely random. I wouldn't have thought it would be a glitch, but it might be better to try different people whenever you can :)

wish

Old 08-09-2009, 02:24 PM

i dunno if i'm spazzing though, or what but i can't seem to go to a person a 2nd time (i've tried lots of times) and get a successful performance because it always says that they are bored even when they don't have the sweat drop. .-.; i can only ever get a successful performances out of someone that i've never clicked on before.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-09-2009, 02:25 PM

erm... I am getting running out of people to perform.
and the message of "You do not have any energy left." has not appeared. So I already click more than 10 people.

wish

Old 08-09-2009, 02:33 PM

i dunno. xD perhaps i'm wrong. ;-; i will try it out again more later when i wake up!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-09-2009, 02:43 PM

The sweat drop means they're out of energy, doesn't it? The boredom message is just random, it's just the luck of the draw whether someone enjoys your performance or not.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-09-2009, 02:49 PM

They don't have sweatdrop.
I have waited for around 30 seconds for the sweat drop. (firefox's loading sign indicate finish loading)
But now you mention it... I have not seen sweat drop for a loooong time.

and few hours ago, it loads pretty fast when the event 1st started. hmmm...
But for the people in the same thread I am always on... it is not likely I will neglect the sweat drop.

So, the performing times do not include those who we have clicked on that round, those who are bored?
Because I clicked a lot of person only I reach 'out of energy' status.