p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-14-2011, 01:51 AM

((;) All patched up, not to worry Es! <3))

Anette watched the teen as he apologized for the feather caped man's actions. So this is a normal occurence... she thought. She didn't really seem too bothered, her uncle Bart was like that, a really touchy guy, so she didn't take much offense, and knew how to tune out the rage when it was needed. Still, he gave her the creeps, unlike uncle Bart who was just in need of a few classes of anger management.

Nodding to the boy Anette smiled again, "Yes, there was a flyer for a housekeeper, which I just so happen to be," today, she thought. Motioning towards the dancer before adding, "There was another flyer looking for women to entertain Mr. Pendragon." She thought over her own appearance for a moment before feeling slightly self conscious compared to the beautiful dancer. She never would have even thought of coming here as entertainment. She pushed a stray piece of hair off of her forehead as she answered his second question. "I just moved here, to help take care of my grandmother. We live," she paused again, almost embarassed to say they lived in the bad part of town, "just a little ways from here." She left it at that, before prodding him a little with her own questions. "What is it you do here if I might ask? And who is Howl Pendragon, I'm curious to know... he has to be someone important," she said refering to the huge home.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 10-26-2011 at 04:45 AM..

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 10-14-2011, 02:20 AM

(>.>" lol you do know that there is only on spot to hold the srowd at right? cause it looks just like the one in his picture that has the blade down lol)

Zane listened intently to what she said before he sighed, letting his anger go as he set his injured hand into her hands so that she could see the many stab wounds from him gripping the wrong part of his sword handle, which he did a lot when he was trying hard not to hurt someone else. "Cal......i can understand the house keeper......but why must you higher an entertainer? Not like she is going to be much use other then to take up space and give Markhel a reason to neglect his duties." he mumbled as he watched her play with his injured hand, his free hand going up to his chest once more to rub the black stone that was there as he tried hard to be as calm as possible, even though he was very angry that she wanted to higher some one to entertain a heartless person.

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 10-14-2011, 03:28 AM

"Entertainment for Master Howl?" Markhel's brows rose and he looked to the dancer for a moment. "That's the first time I've ever heard of such a thing." Slowly looking from Lys to Anette, he listened to her vague explanation of where she lived. He'd been about to inquire about it further when she started shooting questions of her own out.
"I study here," he said, smiling a bit. "Master Howl has knowledge that my aunt thought I should learn from." Markhel then laughed, his golden eyes brightening. "Who is Howl Pendragon? Why, only one of the last nobles of his bloodline." Slowly looking around the room, he seemed to find what he was looking for. The youth gestured to a dusty family portrait that took a large portion of the wall nearest to them. "Master Howl inherited this place from his family. They always told him he would do great things with his power and wealth."

There was a moment of silence before Markhel's voice dropped dramatically. "But then the rumors started. The curse fell upon Master Howl, and now he never leaves the estate. His wealth is for nothing, and his power is over few." The auburn-haired teen kept a slight smile on his face; obviously he was playing up the story of what had become Howl Pendragon.

((:lol: Weeeeell . . . they took turns or something. :sweat: Point being, they got the sword out. HAHA!))
-

"My nephew has too few duties in this household. I'm sure he can find a way fit them into his day." Cali pulled a white cloth from her pocket and dabbed at the bloody gashes on the man's palm. She acted as though this were a normal occurrence; she'd seen it many times before. "I hired her because it is time for this household to move on. The Pendragon bloodline will die if we cannot come up with a better solution."
Cali's cold gaze flickered up to Zane's face for a moment before she tied the now crimson cloth about his hand. "I have made room for them already. The plans have been made; everything is taken care of." Releasing Zane, her hands clasped behind her back once again. That was Cali - ever dignified and composed. "They will be no trouble to you." Her gaze moved to the trio out in the main hall as Markhel seemed to be grinning about something (again).

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-14-2011, 03:55 AM

The pink haired girl stood off watching the two converse among each other. She knew she was clearly not part of their conversation at the moment and it didn't bother her what so ever. She was content with merely listening and gaining the little information she may need in order to know things about the others she would be around while on this job. Though she didn't know if she exactly wanted to get along with the dark haired man that she had recently encountered. It wasn't unusual for her to clash with people such as him. They were everywhere out on the streets, but he was somewhat eerily different than them. She couldn't exactly pin point what that might be, but she knew it was there. Though it would never be a thought to let him control her.

Lys listened as the other girl talked about why they were both there and then of her home life. Though it would appear that the pink haired girl had more than the other in appearance; that was the all it was, appearance. She had nothing else to spare, save for her silks and jewels, which wasn't much or worth much. She looked at the auburn haired girl tilting her her head slightly at the hesitation she heard in her response. "I live in any place I can afford for a night. " She said without a hesitation. She didn't mind admitting it to people. She never had a true home to begin with, so it was nothing to be ashamed of for her. It was merely a fact and a part of her life.

The teen listened intently when Markhel spoke of Howl and his family. When he spoke the word 'Rumor' there seemed to be a lifting of some weight off her chest. 'Then my only threat at the moment is that man.' She thought to herself. "So, they are rumors? " She asked wanting to make things perfectly clear. She didn't want to get too excited over something and regret it later.

[[Awe, man you guys always seem to be on when I'm not :( Oh, well at least I'm not too far behind :D ]]

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 10-14-2011, 04:14 AM

(lol i know lol but i thought should mention it for future referrence lol)

"Then make him clean and be done with these women." Zane said to her as he growled some, his anger showing once more, his hand gripping hers in a death grip before he forced himself to losened it so that she could continue to work on his hand. "Let it die......" he grumbled, clearly talking about more then one bloodline, his light blue, steely gaze met hers once more, a dead lock seemed to happen between them.
"You haven't even asked if you could do this have you? If your so worried about the blood line.....we both know that you can solve that problem." he said to her in hushed tones before he got a sad look on his face, which was something different then the forever angry one that he normally wore. He turnned in a flurry of feathers once more, stopping at the door once more as he watched what was going on outside of it.
"Fine but you and i both know that this is a pointless task." he said to her in his angry voice once more as he looked over his shoulder at her, his hand still stroking the black gem, it seemed like a bad habit of his, stroking the gems her wore.

Esmme

Old 10-14-2011, 04:44 AM

((:lol: Sorry, Haruki! I'll do this for you: we'll only post once each and then wait for you. :heart: I'll wait for your replies before moving along with the rp so then we don't leave you in the dust (like we've been so kindly doing). :sweat:))

Markhel laughed quietly. "Are they rumors?" he repeated, brows raising once again. "Now, isn't that a good question." The youth smiled a bit before shrugging. "I'll say that yes, he's heartless. Yes, it's true he hasn't left the estate in many years. It is also true that he consumed someone's life." He then frowned a bit. "And . . . the curse. The curse is a bit theatrical in most of the rumors, but yes. I would say that Master Howl is definitely cursed."

He looked back up to the family portrait on the wall. There were quite a few children there - most of them were long-distance relatives. Howl stood beside Zane and they both looked as though they had something up their sleeve. Markhel looked at the painting a while longer before sighing and looking back to the dancer that he suddenly stood beside. "I'm glad Cypher brought you both here. It's been a long while since we've had any guests."

-

"Both you and I know what comes of Markhel's cleaning. It's obvious all throughout the house." Cali waited for him to stop gripping his hand so tightly before finishing with his hand completely. When they met gazes the woman merely gazed back at him. They held their place for many moments while sitting as still as stone.
"You know I won't let that happen." She would never let the Pendragon bloodline die. She wouldn't let any of their bloodlines die: they both knew that. "And no, I have not asked for permission." Cali let her gray eyes narrow. "Change is needed if we are to move on. Even if this does not solve our problem, there will be change." The woman's eyes reflected the deep sorrow in Zane's eyes for a moment before she looked to the ground. "I have made my choices about the people in this household, and I will stand by them."

She watched as the man turned to the glass door to look out at the newcomers. "Pointless or not, something will be different. I am looking for something to spring from that difference." Cypher slowly stepped up beside Zane and looked out at the others. "Something must change here."
Reaching forward she opened the double doors and stepped out toward the gathered three. "Markhel, why don't you find some clean glasses and bring some tea."

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 10-14-2011, 05:05 AM

"It isn't like he is learning anything either." Zane said to her in a blunt and vicious voice as he glanced down at her when she stood next to him once more, his hand that hung by his side twitched as if it was aching to hold his sword once more. "You should have let what happened solve the problem for good." he said low enough for her to hear, and her alone to hear after she had tossed the doors open once more, he frowned as he thought about something.
"Which wing will they be staying in?" he said to her, avoiding the statement about change being needed and the choices that she had made, out of eveyone in the house, he felt as if he was the one hurtting the most. "They can stay but you know what two wings they are not allowed to ever set foot in......those have always been the rules....even Markhel follows that one." he said loud enough for them all to hear, it still seemed as if he was permenately angry as he walked out next to Cali. The wings he was talking about was Howl's wing and his own wing, after all there were things that niether of them wantted anyone to see, the only exception to the rule was Cali only because she looked after them both.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-14-2011, 05:18 AM

((Yes good idea Esmme, we'll post once and wait :yes: Sorry HarukiAi, I get antsy and excited and can't help but post post post! Lol :sweat:))

Hearing the dancer speak of sleeping wherever she could, Anette couldn't help but feel bad for the girl. In a way though she respected her for at least trying. That was a lot more than most people would do. Anette's eyes found the family portrait as she listened to Markhel. The feather caped man was in the photo standing beside the man she had seen leaning over the railing. So one of them was Howl then.

When Lys asked about the rumors, Anette's eyes looked to Markhel again. She had tried to inquire about the rumors with Cali, but before she could respond, Anette had been ushered from the room. She was curious and anxious now to know. His answer was vague, much like a psychic reading. He said just enough to make you wonder, believe and then leave you hanging. So he hadn't actually eaten a heart, right? And this curse was more of a self given curse than like, witches doing... right? Anette didn't question it, it was really none of her business, clearly.

The doors opened again as Cali suggested Markhel to fetch some tea. Anette took a step back to be sure she wasn't in any path the feather caped man might be taking out of the room. In all honestly, he was rather intimidating and Anette wanted to try and stay on his good side, if he had one of those, for all she knew, he was Howl himself. She frowned slightly when he spoke of two unaccessable wings. Well that was going to make her job hard, but if they didn't want her cleaning those wings, then she simply wouldn't, it was their choice. But for now, it wasn't something she dwelled on, she didn't even know for sure yet if she even had the job. She was staring at the feather caped man now, not even realizing it, as she took in his appearance and felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand straight.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 10-14-2011 at 05:23 AM..

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-14-2011, 05:27 AM

[[Oh, you don't have to do that for me :/ If it's only a few post like it has been I can keep up. Then I know I'm gone for long periods of time because of work and school, so I wouldn't want to hold you up. ^^ I'd feel bad if I made you guys do that for me.]]

Lys frowned at his response to her question and reached up to touch the the flower on her chest gently with her finger tips. She did it purely out of habit and when she realized what she was doing she let her hand drop from her chest. 'What have I gotten myself into?' She thought to herself. 'I need this job...Yet, I could hardly say it is worth dying...' Lys looked up into the other teens eyes and slightly smiled. "I can hardly see why not." She said with a bit of sarcasm. The teen's gaze drifted over to the women, who entered the room. The little smile that had been on her lips disappeared and she stood there with a blank face. She wondered what had been discussed while the two hand been in the room alone together. Whatever it was she still seemed to have the job. Though it clearly wasn't what the other man had wanted. She raised an eyebrow at his mention of wings that were off limits to them. 'Good, I surely have no need to set foot in them. Nor would I ever want to.' She thoughts as she looked upon the two of them. She to a step back to move out of the way of Markhel so he could get to where he needed to.

Esmme

Old 10-14-2011, 05:51 AM

((:3 Aw, but we just might! Or . . . at least limit ourselves to 2 posts each. I know what it's like trying to keep up with an rp and read a ton. It's just not very fun or interesting. :sweat:))

Markhel nodded and rushed off to do just what Cypher asked. It would take a while to find clean dishes . . . but he would do it, nonetheless. Muttering his thanks to Lys for stepping aside, the teen stepped into the adjoining room.

"I will show you both to the rooms you will be staying in," Cypher said in response to Zane's question. "The rooms have been adequately prepared." Looking first from Markhel to Lys, and then to Anette, the woman took a breath and started walking toward the stairs with her hands ever clasped behind her. "If you'll please follow me."
There were four wings in the household: one for each point of the compass. Howl had the North wing while Zane had the South. The East wing was used for storage and . . . studies. It was in the West wing that everyone would be staying. Both Cali and Markhel also stayed in that very wing, so it wasn't like the girls would be left entirely alone. Cypher didn't look back as she reached the top of the stairs and started to walk around the balcony (which circled the entire room) until she was at the entrance to the West wing. It was there that she stopped and waited for the girls to catch up with her.

-

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-14-2011, 06:14 AM

[[Oh, well if you insist then I guess it's okay... ^^ Just don't wait forever on me, go on without me if I don't make an appearance within a day or so. ]]

Lys inclined her head to Markhel as he walked past her to tell him that he was Welcome. She then proceeded to allow Anette to go before her as they both were indicated to follow Cypher. She walked up to the stairs slowly looking around her at the room they had just been in from the balcony. 'If the other rooms are as filthy as that one then she has her work cut out for her.' She thought. Though she knew that the girl seemed to be capable of doing it. Lys was a bit concerned with how she would do with her own job. Entertaining Howl hardly seemed as easy as the crowds on the streets.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 10-14-2011, 06:37 AM

A tall male with golden eyes had just entered the house through the kitchen door with a couple of bags worth of produce, and his own bag of necessities. He'd been on a trip for a few weeks, and he knew by this time any food would have probably been used up, or would have been about to run out. What he was not prepared for was the absolute mess his kitchen was in. A small scowl appeared on his once cheerful face. Placing the bags on a spot that was clean, he inspected the damage.

Dirty dishes piled high in the sink, dust, rotten food out. Who knew what else. His eyes landed on a certain red haired man. Almost muttering a low curse, he glared. "Markhel, would you please tell me what the hell happened to my kitchen??" he asked, almost a low dangerous tone. It'd been a clear thing. And one of the only rules he'd put for them. Keep the kitchen clean. Or else.

Esmme

Old 10-14-2011, 05:21 PM

((Hahah! Great intro. :3 Welcome to the rp, Asca!))

He'd just set the kettle on the fire and was setting a few clean teacups on a tray. Markhel started when he heard his name; he hadn't realized anyone else was in the kitchen. "What happened?" he repeated, licking his lips as he nervously thought over what had . . . happened. "Well . . . no one . . . I mean, we didn't have time to clean . . ." His gold eyes met those of the cook's matching orbs. "We have guests," he blurted, hoping that would distract the man from the
kitchen.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 10-14-2011, 06:25 PM

He kept a steady glare as he scowled at the other man. "No one had time to clean.. its enough that the rest of the house is dirty, but here too? What is a basket of laundry doing here anyways??" He asked, trying to not lose his temper. What was worse, there were guests. And the kitchen was unpresentable. "I was gone, for a week... this looks like the place was abandoned for months." He pointed out, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

Why would anyone want guests in the house, while it was in this state. "You, will help clean up.. or else I might slip some herb in your food tonight.." he warned, narrowing his eyes as he tried to pick some trash off from the table. It would take the whole day, or more to fix this up halfway. It was a mistake for having thought the other three could try to clean up after themselves.

Lol thanks? XD and thank you. <3 this shall be fun.)

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 10-14-2011, 10:15 PM

(four dear lol but yesh lol anyways lol)

Zane watched as the girls went up stairs to their wing, he just sighed and rubbed his face as he grabbed his sword from where it was, knocking things down before he made his own way up the stairs, going to change into something less flashy, considering he had been home after he had gone out to take care of the financial part of their home. He looked to the North wing where he was staying at, he blinked before turnning and going down his wing, entering the dark place which was just as dark as the man. It seemed as if there was no lights in the area, where as it seemed as if Howl's wing was the completeposite of his, it took him a few minutes but he finally changed into a completely black outfit, his long hair was down as he made his way down the stairs once more, going to see what was taking Markhel so long with the tea.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-14-2011, 10:30 PM

Smiling to the dancer as she'd let her pass first, Anette made her way up the stairs behind Cali, taking in the intricate design of the railing and marveling at the pictures that hung from the walls in desperate need of dusting. Making her way around the large hall to stand before Cali, Anette stopped, staring down the long wing, she waited. She felt almost anxious to get to work standing there among the mess, she certainly couldn't live in a mess like this, good thing it was her job to clean it cause boy was she going to give this place a new look.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 10-26-2011, 03:47 AM

"Scrythe." Zane said in a very atthoritive voice when he had entered the kitchen, his nose wrinkled as he looked the place over, it was obvious that this was the first time that he had ever enter the place. "We have a housekeeper now.......and a entertainer.......so you better worry about this later and prepare tea and come to greet our new housemates." he said to him in just as dark of a voice as his clothes, it was clear that he did not like the fact that there was an entertainer or housekeeper but he none the less had to accept the fact, his eyes then landed on Markhel. He never questioned the fact that Cali was his Aunt, he did look like her, but he also saw Howl in him, even a bit of himself. He knew it was apart of himself that he had tried to kill off long ago that was thinking like that. He shooked his head before he looked out to the parlor once more, wondering if Howl was going to show himself, if he was then he would take the hidden staircase that lead from the kitchen to his wing to avoid the man. "Get to work the both of you."

(Ascadellia: Esmme: i am talking to you both here!!!!!!)

Esmme

Old 10-26-2011, 04:15 AM

((:sweat: SO SORRY, everyone! It's been dreadfully busy for me. -_-'))

"Herbs? Blegh." The threat from the cook made Markhel shudder momentarily, wrinkling his nose. The teen then smiled a bit and nudged the other male with his elbow. "You should see the guests. They're delightful!" Of course, at that moment Zane entered the room (and brought a violent storm cloud with him). Markhel listened with a calm expression to the words that were offered to Scrythe, and then heard the demand to get back to work.
"Sir!" Markhel nodded once, suddenly seeming a bit more comfortable. The moment he'd acknowledged the "order," he moved toward his previous task. Certainly Zane wouldn't be terrible to him with Scrythe around. Looking a bit confident with that fact the auburn-haired youth swiftly went about digging the assortment of teas out of the cupboard. It wasn't long before he'd found a few small containers and packets. "Should they go on a . . . tray?" His golden gaze flickered back to Scrythe as his brow creased. "I've never served tea before. . . ."

-

Cali slowed her pace as they stopped before two doors. They were side by side, and across the rather wide hall was another room. "This is where I stay," she calmly indicated the lone door, "and these are the rooms that have been prepared for you." Her gray eyes flickered from one girl to the other, and then she nodded. "The two of you have met the standards I have listed. Choose whichever room you'd prefer and make yourselves comfortable." Clasping her hands behind her back once again Cali narrowed her gaze.
"The tea will be brought to you and you will be fetched when it is time for dinner." Standing there with her long coat and high boots she looked the part of a military commander - but (slightly) less strict. "Do either of you have questions about your duties here or how you are expected to perform?"

Each room was completely unique. One room was decorated with cream-based furniture with dark purple rugs and coverings while the other was silvery blues and whites. Each were exquisite: there was an unhealthy amount of wealth put into each room. Fully clothed beds, a desk with a chair, a dresser and wardrobe, a closet . . . the only things that the rooms were missing were the bathroom (which they'd passed coming into the West wing) and a kitchen (which remained downstairs).

-

Slowly stepping toward the stairway Howl looked into the West wing just in time to catch the last step of the ladies. As they disappeared around a corner the blond sighed and began his decent to the lower level of the estate. He could see the drops of blood where Zane had stood; the marks on the chair were also fresh enough to be noticed. Howl didn't seem to care about the disrepair of anything. Instead, he made his way toward the kitchen.

The moment Howl's blue eyes met Zane's he paused . . . and then continued walking until he could reach the cupboards. He withdrew with a crisp apple and then regarded Zane out of the corner of his eye. His ever-present slight smile was in place when he took the first bite of the fruit.
From where he stood Markhel glanced from one man to the other. Hurrying to get the kettle set on the fire, the youth swallowed and glanced to Scrythe worriedly.

Last edited by Esmme; 10-26-2011 at 04:17 AM..

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 10-26-2011, 04:38 AM

Blue eyes met light blue eyes, sparks seemed to be flying between the two of men, Howl had came up when Zane was distracted with other thoughts. It was clear that the two men were completely different from each other, despite how the seemed very simular. Zane seemed to growl a bit as he made his way to an empty wall, his eyes still locked on Howl, one hand was on the wall finding the switch for it while the other one seemed to make a grasping motion for his sword that was left in his room. He didn't say a word or reply to Scrythe when he had entered the room. He finally managed to find the switch that swung the wall open, he steped through the door way, closing it behind him. Just when he was finally trying to be normal for once, his enemy had shown up, he sighed and a ran a hand through his long black, silky hair as he walked up the steep steps to his wing.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-26-2011, 04:45 AM

Glancing towards the rooms Anette responded, "No ma'am." When Cali finished she responded again with a smile, "Thank you." She was anxious to get into her room and look around, but more importantly to locate a phone where she could contact her grandmother, and then a nursing service to schedule a full time nurse, and company. She wondered about her belongings, but it was short lived, she would fetch them before dinner, or shortly after.

Smiling at the dancer, Anette went ahead and picked a door, opening it to find deep purples and cream colored furnitures. Her eyes widened at the sight, it was beautiful, and clean, which she had not expected. Closing her door behind her she dropped her bag onto the floor as her eyes scanned the room, a smile lining her face as she felt almost giddy. Making her way to a tall mirror, her smile slowly faded, how underdressed she was in such a place, in such company. She wrinkled her nose at the sight of herself, she would need to get her things sooner than later.

Turning to face the room once more, Anette realized there was no phone, and more importantly, that there was no bathroom. Oh well, she had noted the one on the way in, and who could complain in a place like this anyway? Hearing the hall now empty, Anette grabbed her bag and made her way out of the room, closing the door quietly behind her as she made her way back down the tall set of stairs and into the entryway once more. Locating a phone near the chair that had recently been killed, she looked around for someone to ask permission to use it. When she found no one, she promised herself she would make it quick as she sat in the chair with the stab wound and dialed her grandmother's house. After a few rings the phone was answered, "Hey Nana. Yes the place is wonderful, I definitely have my work cut out. Yeah. Listen Nana, they require a live in maid. Yes. I'll visit you everyday after lunch and we'll walk to the park like we always do, I promise. But I'm going to hire someone to look after you while I'm away ok? Yes. Would you like a live in companion, or someone to check in throughout the day? Ok, I'll take care of it. I love you too Nana. Bye."

The conversation had indeed been short. Anette still needed to pick up her belongings and she could continue the conversation then. After another couple of minutes, she had dialed information, been transfered to the hospice office and scheduled a nurse to visit and care for her grandmother throughout the days. Sighing, Anette leaned back in the large chair, closing her eyes for a moment in deep thought. It had already felt like such a long day, and it wasn't nearly over.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-26-2011, 09:22 PM

"No, Ma'am." The pink haired girl replied when asked if she had any other question. She offered the two other girls a smile before offering a 'Thank you' to Cali before entering the room that Anette had left open for her. The room was far better than she had been expecting. It was far better than anything she could have afforded out on the streets too. She stood in the doorway for a moment peering into the room with a look of awe.

Once she gathered herself and entered the room closing the door lightly behind her she placed the small bag that she had onto a beautiful wooden desk. She hardly had anything to place into the wardrobe or the closets. She looked around the room with her sapphire eyes and they brightened up at the sight of a window. She quickly walked over to it and opened it sticking her head out the window. "I suppose this will not be too bad..." She said to herself as she looked out the window. She could see a small garden from her room's window, but it looked a little under kept. "I wonder how I can get down there?" She thought. Though she still had some worries about Howl, but she was trying not to let it get to her. She didn't want to be caught wondering around this early, but she would go searching for a way down. For now though she turned around and sat on the bed picking up some of the silk she was wearing and running her hands through it. She didn't quite know what to do with herself while she waited. This was hardly her home or a place she felt comfortable with. She a gave a little sigh and fell back on to her bed looking up at the ceiling.

Esmme

Old 10-29-2011, 03:53 AM

"Good evening, Master." Markhel glanced at Zane as he left hurriedly. The youth pulled out a third cup for tea; he knew Howl would want some as well.

"Get the sugar, Markhel." Howl's voice was smooth and low, husky and emotionless as always. The slight smile on his face kept it friendly sounding, and his blue eyes filled with amusement as he regarded the wall sliding back into place behind Zane's swiftly disappearing form.
When the teen nodded once and went in search of the sugar bowl, Howl looked to Scrythe. "Perhaps we should have dinner at an earlier hour today." Usually the meal was served around nine in the evening - indecently late for some, but Howl didn't seem to mind. He preferred the later hours, really. "I don't want our guests feeling uncomfortable."

The blond took the kettle off the fire as it started to whistle, pouring a graceful arc of boiling water into one of the cups. He took it, as well as a small saucer and a packet of tea, with him as he stepped past the piles of dirty dishes and other . . . unmentionables. Despite the disarray of his estate Howl seemed not to mind or notice.
Leaving the kitchen and heading up the stairs once again Howl met Cypher on her way down. "I would appreciate it if you gave me a bit of forewarning in the future."

Cypher inclined her head, accepting his request with narrowed eyes and a cold look. "Of course."

Howl held the woman's pale gaze for many moments before continuing up the stairway. When he got to the top he looked to his left - the West wing. The young lord stared down the hallway for a few moments, the steam from his tea flickered through his vision. It was roughly a minute before Howl turned and went back toward the North wing. Dinner would be ready soon enough.

((Sorry I haven't involved your characters yet, Kya and Haruki. :sweat: I'll do it in my next post!))

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 10-29-2011, 06:02 AM

Scrythe almost rolled his eyes. "I can meet the guests later. Right now, I'm going to try and get some form of order to this damn room." He was already working on cleaning some of the trash off the table, so paid no mind to Zanes mostly useless order. No need to get back to something that he hadn't stopped. The tea was already being made, so he had no need to be of service. It seemed Markhel was good to do it. He felt the tense air when Howl entered the room. Giving a brief nod, he threw more trash into the almost overflowing trash bin. They hadn't even taken out the trash. Typical.

"Dinner early?" he asked, frowning. The purple haired male was obviously not happy about the change of time. "As you wish. I'll prepare it." Taking out a clean tray out of somewhere, he placed some cups for Markhel and handed it to him. "Here. You'd think by now you'd have learned by just seeing the tray and all." It was a light jest, but he was serious. "What do you think I should make?" He didn't know what the girls liked, nor what the master was in the mood for.

Esmme

Old 11-01-2011, 04:33 PM

Markhel slowly filled the cups with boiling water and assorted the tea on the tray so it looked decent. "Maybe we can have some city meal. What's popular in town? Chicken, or something?" The auburn-haired youth smiled a bit and lifted the tray. "You're a good cook. I'm sure you'll figure it out, Scrythe." Bumping the male's arm with his fist, Marhel grinned and left the kitchen. "As long as it's edible, we'll love it."

He made his way up the stairs and toward the West wing slowly, trying to make sure no tea spilled onto the clean tray. By the time he got to Lys and Anette's rooms, he'd been successful in keeping all but a few drops from assaulting the silver. His knock on Anette's door was first, and then Lys'. "Tea's ready."
Taking a step back and waiting, he looked over the hallway. This place really is a mess. . . .

-

Cali had left the girls' rooms once they'd closed the doors. The woman glimpsed Howl near the stairway and chose to walk past him anyway. They had a brief conversation before Cypher managed to get downstairs. Her gray eyes were full of emotion as she made her way toward the "meeting room" where she'd interviewed Anette. Forcing herself to sit down, her fingers went up to massage her temples. Keep it together.
The woman felt her throat tighten . . . but she slowly reigned the emotion in. Why did this household have to be so . . . tormented? Cali pulled a paper from the neat stack on the tabletop and reviewed it. She was guardian of the estate, so it was her job to take care of the affairs of the outside world. It was always an excellent escape from human emotions. Sometimes Cypher just felt so . . . weak. Her strength came from her will to survive and keep the Pendragon household from falling apart.

I will not let these men destroy their bloodlines. They will live.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 11-01-2011, 09:13 PM

Scrythe nodded as he thought about what he could make with the materials he had, and the ones that he had brought home. There were a couple of options. "Alright then. See you in a bit." he muttered before he started to clean out the rotten food out of the refrigerator. In a way, it was a good thing they finally got some help for the house. They had a lot of work ahead of them however. Cali has to pay them damn well for the cleaning of this house.

It would take a whole fleet of cleaning ladies to get the job done. The tall male wasn't happy about getting help from more girls though. Zane hated other females with a passion. If the girls were staying, it'd be hard for him to keep his cool even less. What was Howl thinking? He didn't know.