Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 04-23-2012, 01:43 AM

As they moved out into the hall, Virgil silently kept ahead of Scarlett. He wasn't sure if he liked having her at his back with a blade, but he figured that the more distance he kept between them the harder it would be to stab him without being noticed. The male flattened his ears against his head, his lips parting as he breathed in deeply. He couldn't smell anything living . . . but then again, his sense of smell was shot due to the scent of the dead all about them.

Instead of acknowledging what the woman suggested, he stepped toward the stairs. Their best bet was finding the food stores before anyone else had time to move. They would be fighting for any kind of sustenance they needed, but it didn't look like Virgil had a problem with that.
Avoiding a few steps that were stained with something that looked suspiciously like blood, Virgil tried to ignore his partner.

Their journey downstairs was quiet, and Virgil's eyes were strangely narrowed. His slight ability to see in the dark wasn't working. Something about the light must have altered his sight. It was the most annoying thing he'd experienced thus far besides waking up to find a girl in the Horror Games with him.
Wrinkling his nose, Virgil's pale hair was tossed from his eyes in irritation. "Have you ever killed anyone before?" he asked in a whisper, sending the briefest glance back to Scarlett.

TheNewCSLewis
TheNewCSLewis

Old 05-10-2012, 11:54 PM

((Soo....I haven't been on in a couple of months and it looks like no one has posted on her for a couple of weeks...I kinda feel like waiting for the okay to keep this going. Sorry I haven't been here to start this but to be honest I didn't think this was gonna happen...if it is still going then I will happily post. But if not, sorry for leaving ya'll hanging xD))

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-10-2012, 11:59 PM

(well CS lol i been waiting on you to post so i can post lol)

Katie Scarlett Divine
"Life never favored weakness. On...

Old 05-11-2012, 12:00 AM

((Yes this is back up and running but so far no ones posted.. xD))

TheNewCSLewis
TheNewCSLewis

Old 05-11-2012, 12:23 AM

((AH!!! Okay! SORRY! I will have my post up sortly! XDDDDD))

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-11-2012, 12:31 AM

(yay!!!! lol)

TheNewCSLewis
TheNewCSLewis

Old 05-11-2012, 12:48 AM

Charlie stirred as she heard a voice above her and she slowly opened her eyes. To see the shirtless man above her gave Charlie quite a start but she didn't move from the spot she was lying, she didn't make a habit of showing when someone had nearly scared the living daylights out of her. "Alright, you?" she asked him as she pulled his shirt from behind her head as she sat up and handed it to him. "Thanks, but I think you might need this more than me, however much it would pain me to see you cover up," she joked as she rubbed her head realizing that he to fancied a hat. Hers was lying by her feet and she quickly scooped it up and placed it on her stright, blonde hair. She looked at the bags lying next to him that had both been disturbed, one with her name and the other with the name Colt. "Well, you must be Colt...looks like you have already gotten down to buisness," she stated as she slowly stood to her feet and looked around the room. All of this seemed like a dream, or a nightmare, and she had a hard time convincing herself that this was real. Never in her young life did she ever guess that she would wind up right here in the middle of the Horror Games, not until recently.

Adrian slowly woke up and looked over at the girl sitting on the floor, biting her nails. "That's a terrible habit, you know?" he asked her as he sat up and stretched his back. He looked around the house and felt a slight twinge of dread, this was actually happening. At first when he had been told about the horror games he took it as a joke, but he could no longer bring himself to laugh now. Now it was the time to do all it took to keep himself alive, whatever the cost, so he could when that money and bring his life around. "So, you must be my partner," he said to the girl with a grim smile. "It's a pleasure. Let's hope you quick enough to keep up." This girl didn't seem like a whole lot to him, a bit pampered and obviously a little freaked out, but looks are always a tad deceiving.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-11-2012, 01:28 AM

"Decent enough." Colt said to her as he smiled slightly, taking his shirt back from her, just holding it as he looked her over, adjusting his hat once more as he thought about what to say to her, he chuckled a little at her joke. "Nah, i was worried that something bad happen to ya. Thought i would look for some medical supplies in the bags. Yes, ma'am Colt is my name so that must leave Charlie as yours." he said to her as he chuckled, taking his hat off as he tugged his shirt back on, not minding have been shirtless considering he did go most days on the ranch with out one. He sighed heavily before standing up and swinging the bag with his name onto his back before handing her the one with her name on it to her. "So partner, what'cha reckon we are doing here and where here is?" he said to her, clearly clueless about where they were and what was going on.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-11-2012, 04:01 PM

((wow,we're up again? nice.))

Esmme

Old 05-11-2012, 07:04 PM

((*purrs* Agreed! :D))

TheNewCSLewis
TheNewCSLewis

Old 05-12-2012, 07:49 PM

Charlie took the bag and slung it over her shoulder. "I appriciate it," she told him kindly. "Yeah my name is Charlie. I guess it is nice to meet you Colt, given the certain curcumstances..." Charlie gave a little sigh as she looked around. "Well, for one this is the Horror Games...or at least I am pretty sure, it seems all kinda surreal to me..." she answered his question. "All we got to do it stay alive and we have to have each others back to in order for both of us to get out of this still breathing." She moved toward the door on the other side of the room. "Now to answer your "where" question...there is really only one way to find out." She opened the door to reveal the outside world, the world that many dangers were waiting for them.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-13-2012, 03:58 AM

"Ya must be from Texas." Colt said to her in his southern Oklahoman accent as he tipped his hat to her, as he followed, opening the door before she could get to it, seeing a hallway on the other side of it, surprisingly there was a window across from the door so it almost made it seem like they were outside of the house, almost. "Horror Games? Never heard about it, well if ya say that is it then alright. I gotta get home to the ranch, ya know?" he said to her as he smiled, looking around for a moment before heading down the hallway so that he could head outside, mainly focusing on trying to leave the place though he did look back at Charlie to see if she was following him.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 05-13-2012, 02:54 PM

"Last I checked you weren't someone to trust with the skeletons in my closet." She said, glaring in his direction. She had killed before. Multiple times. But she had too much blood on her ledger to simply tell a man she had just met about. She held her knife up, ready for anything and silently followed after the male. She could tell by his movements to stay ahead of her. "I'm not going to stab my teammate. It's pointless." She said, rolling her eyes. "Why kill someone that you can use to win?" She said, her cold tone residing for a moment while she glared at the back of his head.

Esmme

Old 05-13-2012, 07:53 PM

"Because there's more to win once your companion's body lies cold." Virgil scented the air again, his features showing his annoyance. His sight and sense of smell had both been hindered. It had to be something in the air. With a sound similar to a growl, the male continued on silently. After many turns and various corners, the white-haired youth suddenly perked his ears.

"Supplies?" he whispered almost imperceptibly, his teal eyes flickering back to Scarlett curiously. Shifting his blade in his grasp, Virgil moved forward. He carefully stepped away from the cover of the wall, his eyes and ears shifting as he tried to spot any signs of trouble.

Just ahead were a few boxes. They were either useless wastes of time, or perhaps a valuable source of equipment. "Check them," he whispered, crouching near one of the larger containers. He would be keeping watch while his partner sifted through to see if there was anything of use.

((:D We should have a confrontation between pairs here. . . . LOL))

TheNewCSLewis
TheNewCSLewis

Old 05-13-2012, 11:33 PM

((I agree :D)

"Yeah, that's right, born and raised," she told him in reponse to his first question. "I can tell from your accent that you are really from the south." This humored her in a way, she spent a lot of her young life trying to get rid of her southern accent so people from the north could take her more seriously. She didn't want them thinking that she was just some dumb ol' hick, but she never really lost her accent, only smothered it a bit. "Unfortunately, I don't think you will be able to get back to your ranch, at least not any time soon..." she told him as she leaned against the door frame and looked up at the clear blue skies. "We kinda can't escape this place...not until we win."

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-14-2012, 01:24 AM

"Oklahoma to be exact." Colt said to her as he smiled, looking around once more as he jumped back as he set a trap off, oh how it was a pain that this had to happen to him. There were cows to be branded, colts that needed to be gelded, the barn needed a new roof, oh he went over the mental list as he stopped moving, not wantting to get hurt by some other trap as he turned and looked back at Charlie. "Well i don't wanna win, i just wanna go home. The cows ain't gonna milk themselves ya know?" he said as he sighed a little bit, digging through his bag to see what was exactly in it.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 05-14-2012, 03:06 AM

Akira brushed back a few strands of her hair behind her ear. Pale skin contrasted with her tattoos. There was one right above her chest, another one that took almost all of her upper back and continued to one of her arms.

She was wearing a pair of slightly baggy pants that stopped a few inches above her ankles, to give her plenty of movement. It was also what she'd come in when she herself was in the games. Her shirt was styled like a halter top showed her mid-drift, but matched the bottoms she had.

The black haired female moved across the house, making her way down one of the hallways. She was not a contestant, so she didn't have to worry about the traps. They'd do her no harm. Plus, she was more or less floating above the floor, her feet not coming into contact of the floor. They were a few centimeters off the floor, to make it seem like she was walking to the contestants, should she come across any. The games were starting yet again. While it was a good time to relieve the boredom, it sucked they couldn't touch the contestants until the time limit was up.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-14-2012, 11:10 PM

((...))

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 05-15-2012, 01:55 AM

Scarlett quickly searched through the boxes, pulling out two bottles of water, a few steak knives, and a few cans of soup. She turned back to Virgil, handing him the supplies. "Here. If your so macho then you carry them." The dark haired woman said, smirking. She then glared. "And why would I let you die when I could use you to help me win? Besides, I'm not in it for the money. I just want to get home." She said, her glaring eyes turning soft for a moment as she thought of her family. She then shook the thoughts away, giving him an icy stare again.

TheNewCSLewis
TheNewCSLewis

Old 05-28-2012, 04:05 PM

Charlie let out a deep sigh, it would be her luck that she would have to teach her partner all about the games. "Well those cows are going to have to wait, unfortunately," she told him feeling slightly sympathetic toward him, she had things on her land that needed tending too as well that she wouldn't be able to do. "We won't be going home for quite awhile. They won't let us leave until we win the games...that means we are the last ones left standing." She felt a little sick by that thought, never had she taken a man's life before. The only things she has ever had to kill was the game she hunted with her dad and brothers in the woods, deer and ducks, nothing that could even resemble a human-being. "So, can you fight?" she asked him. "Cause you are going to need to learn if you don't..."

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-29-2012, 03:48 AM

"Look miss, i beg ya pardon but i ain't sign up for this here mess and i ain't of need of any money." Colt said to her with a serious look on his face before bent down to look at the floor, he had gone hunting plenty of times, he even went trapping also, so he had a general idea of what he was looking for and sitting one place was not his style. He looked back at Charlie, before shaking his head and slowly stepping over a thin piece of wire that he would have normal of stepped on if he wasn't looking for such signs. "Darlin' do i look like the type that would just take a beating?" he asked her when she had asked about his fighting skills, he was basically the youngest out of ten kids, which included brothers and sisters, he was not the type to just get beat up and take it.

TheNewCSLewis
TheNewCSLewis

Old 06-01-2012, 07:44 PM

Charlie felt as if she had accidently insulted her partner. "Sorry, I didn't mean nothin' by that..." she told him. "I am just worried about not making it out of here alive." She thought about her dad and brothers who she might never see again and a terrible feeling filled her gut. "I ain't here for the money either...I got dragged into this somehow but my daddy made sure that my brothers and I knew how to take care of ourselves if we were chosen for the games." She leaned against the door frame she was still standing in and shook her head, she couldn't let self-pity take control over her. If she wanted to see her family again she would have to survive this. "We both are going to have to work together to get through this...maybe if we are lucky we won't have to fight anybody but no one has ever been that lucky before..."

Esmme

Old 06-02-2012, 07:05 AM

((:ninja: Where are Charlie and Colt now? :twisted:))

When Scarlett searched, Virgil's ears swiveled to take in their surroundings. When the woman offered him the things she'd found, the male stared at her for a few moments. Then, he slowly drew his bag from his shoulders and stashed the water, soup, and knives within the folds of fabric. "If I die, it's your loss." That, and he was too prideful to not accept the supplies after that kind of comment.

His narrowed eyes met Scarlett's as she went on about the games. "You want to go home?" He shook his head in partial disgust. "They just picked someone random?" Virgil's silver hair was tossed from his eyes in irritation. "A civilian?" The more he heard, the worse their situation was sounding. He didn't want some girl with him if she was a civilian. . . .

Virgil turned his eyes away from Scarlett and slid his backpack on once more. They had a small bit of food and water. Now, they needed to continue hoarding and find a safe place to stay. That . . . or they could hunt the others. The male flattened his pale ears, growling. "We kill anyone we cross. No matter who they are." He felt the need to say as much. Who knew what this girl was thinking? She was a variable: unstable.

---------- Post added 06-02-2012 at 12:07 AM ----------

((Oh, also: Daeman35: We're ready for ya! I made a male to match Demi. ;)))

Last edited by Esmme; 06-02-2012 at 07:08 AM..

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 06-02-2012, 04:46 PM

"Yes, everyone here was picked at random. That's how the games work." She said, eying him. "I'm sorry if I don't meet your standards. But I refuse to be thought of as weak." She growled. "I can promise I won't go down easily. My family needs me." She said, her eyes narrowed at his. She put a few of the supplies in her bag and then continued on, in silence. It was clear that these two had many differences. She had her knife raised, slowly letting her eyes take in the area as they walked down the hallway next to the room they had just been in. She was looking for the traps.

Suddenly she stopped and put her arm out, stopping Virgil. She kneeled down to the floor and quietly crawled down the hallway. She glanced back at him. "If you want to keep your head I suggest you do as I do." She said, her emerald eyes glancing back down the hallway. Once they reached a room to the left, she went inside, standing back up. She leaned against the old, chipped door and waited for Virgil. When he came into the room she looked at him slyly. "There was multiple traps in that hallway. If we had been standing we would've set them off." She said, peeking back out the hallway. "See those strings?" She asked, pointing to what was supposed to be invisible strings drooping from the ceiling. They were made to look like cobwebs. But if you hit them, you'd most likely have your head shopped off or a part of your body you need.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 06-02-2012, 08:24 PM

Colt snorted at what she said, having left her by the door way of the room that they had exited out of, not saying anything more as he started to make his way down the stairs as slowly as possible, hoping that he was going in the right direction. "This should be illegal......them kidnapping people to force them to fight and kill each other." he said to her as he pinned his back to the wall, keeping his eyes open for any traps since he had already set one off so soon.