p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 04-14-2012, 06:54 PM

A Planet in Darkness; The Uprising

In 2012 the world was covered in a blanket of smoke and ash when the largest of volcanoes erupted, killing millions and wiping out continents. By 2022 the remaining people of Earth had discovered a way to power the world through generators for energy, light, etc. But in the shadows lived a world of blood thirsty vampires.

The vampires were tired of living in hiding, second to humans, so the most wicked of the vampires formed an alliance to take the world from the wretched and weak mortals. Now generators everywhere are mysteriously failing and there aren’t enough knowledgeable mechanics to fix them before more and more are being tampered with, sending the world into random periods of darkness.

People live fairly normal lives, working, attending schools, seeing movies and having dinner, etc., until the lights go out. When a generator fails leaving a city in darkness, bad things happen. Groups of people are rising against the vampires hunting them and destroying them, some vampires even fight against their own kind. Everyday more of your friends and family go missing...

Who’s side will you be on?

The volcano is still active, sometimes erupting mildly causing the ground to shake before a rain of new ash begins to fall from the sky like snow.

Facts about your world:
-The smoke creating a thick blanket between the sun and earth allows for vampires to be able to travel whenever they please, although most prefer not to as they don’t want to get spotted by hunters. When the generators go out, all of the lights/power are out, so visibility is rough, if it’s day time and the sun is high above the smoke, a human would be able to see slightly as there would be very little light reflecting around. If it is night and the generators go out, humans wouldn’t be able to see at all without flashlights, candles, etc.

-There are some buildings and homes of the wealthy that have back-up generators for their own means of lighting as well as artificial light for growing trees and flowers that have been deemed extinct. The lighting in such places would be harmful for vampire’s skin and eyes.

-Cars are rare, only the very rich can afford to keep cars running on what it takes to run them now, and few older men out there still have gas running cars hidden away. There are subway lines below the cities but they are no longer used as they had become unsafe for human travel.

-When the generators go out and people are killed in the streets, dump trucks drive through the city upon the return of the lights, throwing bodies into garbage bags and hauling them off to the ferry that takes them to the rumored ‘Incinerator Island’. It can be seen from the beach, a constant odd colored smoke and smell emanate from the island, people don’t speak of it.

If you have any further questions about this world, as there are probably things left un-noted, don’t hesitate to ask! :)

--Rules--
-Follow Menewsha rules and TOS first and foremost.
-To join, PM me the profile with the subject line "I will follow the rules" and wait for an approval to begin, do not post profiles here.
-Romance and violence are strongly encouraged, but keep it PG-13.
-You must be at least semi-literate for this thread and post in paragraphs, with capitalization, punctuation, etc. No one is perfect, but this isn’t a text message.
-No God-modding.
-Your character needs to be diverse. I know there will be many vampires and humans, but we don't need ten characters who all have the same abilities. Also keep in mind that if we have too many of one gender already, you will be turned away until we can close the gender gap.
-I don't expect you to post all day everyday as I will be gone from time to time as well, but please keep in mind that I will summon you if you've been gone too long. You need to post once a day to once every other day.
-Please keep OOC in the role-play to a minimum, if you feel you need to have a conversation, take it to the OOC Thread linked above.
-I reserve the right to remove you from the role-play if I see fit and to revise the rules at any time I see fit.
;)

Profile Skeleton: Copy the text inside this box, fill in the information in the appropriate places and send me a personal message with the info. Wait for my response to begin the RP.

PHP Code:
[LEFT][SIZE="3"][FONT="Garamond"][B]INSERT USERNAME[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[
CENTER][IMG]insert URL to your character's appearence. ANIME PICTURES ONLY NO DESCRIPTIONS[/IMG]
[COLOR="INSERT POST COLOR HERE"][FONT=" Garamond "][SIZE="5"]CHARACTER NAME[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

I am [color="INSERT POST COLOR HERE"] CHOOSE: Human, hunter, vampire, other (explain). [/color].

[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] People call me ____. [/size]
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] I am ____ years old. [/size]
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] I am male/female. [/size]
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] I can ____. (Erase this if your character does not have any special abilities.) [/size]

[/CENTER][JUSTIFY][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]
[B][SIZE="4"]‡ My story;[/SIZE][/B][INDENT][size=1]
Write everything you want us to know about your character here. Ideas: background, mission, scars, likes, hates, etc. 

[/size][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/JUSTIFY][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT] 
Character Profiles:

Quote:
Kya Katsumi

Tessa Malone

I am a human vampire hunter .

People call me Tess.
I am 22 years old.
I am female.
I have telekinetic powers as well as the power to "heal".

‡ My story;

When I was 17 my brother, James, and I came home from school to find two vampires draining the life from our parents. Before the vampires fled, my brother and I each memorized a face. Our parents being too far gone, died. James and I vowed to hunt down every last vampire and destroy them until we found our parents murderers. Last year James and I were separated.

I'm on my own now, hunting vampires and searching for my brother. I have a tough outer shell and an attitude to match it, but it's a front to hide how scared I am alone. I haven't killed any vampires since James dissapeared that weren't out of self defense. I have telekinetic powers, but don't really know how to control them. They appear when I'm backed into a corner, scared or angry and I tend to black out if they're too intense.

I also have the power to heal. But only in the sense that whatever wound I'm healing, I take onto myself. I've only done it a handful of times with minor injuries and don't care enough about others at this point in my life to do it again. These things were passed onto me through generations from ancestors I've learned to be witches. I hate the term and refuse to call myself a witch.

Quote:
Kry

Kerian Hughes

I am an Energy vampire..

People call me Kerian or Keri.
I am 17 years old.
I am male.
I can sense other people's energy and emotions. I can withstand sunlight better than other vampires, and I have enhanced senses like most other vampires.

‡ My story;

I was made a vampire when I was only 15 years old. I can't remember anything of my life before I was turned, and I know that I am a rare breed of vampire. The vampire that created me was not an energy vampire, nor was the older gentleman who saved me from him.

No one can explain why I am an energy vampire when I was not turned by one.

For two years I lived in a large mansion with the wealthy vampire Sir Albert Alexander Hughes. He taught me many things and the things he could not teach me were taught to me by private tutors. Though my memories do not seem like they will return to me, Albert treated me as if I were his own son.

One night I awoke to the scent of smoke in the air, and the sounds of angry shouts from the yard. An angry mob had set the manse ablaze. Were it not for Albert Alexander Hughes, I would have not made it out of the burning mansion alive. My adopted father was not as lucky as I, he died that night, so I could continue to live.

With the exception of sunlight, I suppose my weaknesses are the same as other vampires. A wooden stake through the heart, or a piece of pure silver. Silver burns my flesh severely wherever it touches me.
Quote:
ChiNoMizuumi

Arlotte Belle Rozen

I am a vampire that hunts other vampires.

People do not know what to call me, thus they call me Kaonashi.
I am about 200 years old.
I am female.
I can see ghosts and other spirits. I also have all normal vampiric abilities.

‡ My story;

I was born about 200 years ago to parents that I have never known. I remember quite well my life as a human. It was a horrible life, in reality. I was abandoned as a young toddler by my so-called parents. For several years, I roamed the streets of 19th century Britain, thanking kind strangers for their thoughtfulness as they gave me scraps of food to eat or places to stay for several nights.

When I was probably about ten years old, an inn-keeper and his wife took me in as their child -- they were both incapable of having one, and I just happened to come along. It was a godsend for me. Finally, I had a place I could call home, and these people could have a daughter. The first thing they did was give me a name: Arlotte Belle Rozen. I never had a name before that, so, as you may expect, I was enthralled. Of course, the only thing they could not give me was a birthday. Since I did not know it myself, I took it upon myself to read books about the stages of maturity of the average human being. With those readings, I was able to determine my age at any period of time.

At the age of seventeen (presumably), I had grown to be a quiet and introverted girl that was deemed "beautiful" by the many suitors of the country. At this age, I was courted by someone who seemed to be a wealthy individual. My parents were both extremely excited -- I was to have a lovely life for once. However, I was immediately put off by this man. His eyes gleamed with knowledge from too many centuries past, and his eyes were an unexplainable color. This was not a man who I wanted to marry. Nevertheless, I ended up being set as his fiancee, to my extreme displeasure.

In one day, my world was shattered. As I returned home one day, I heard a scuffle in the inn. There were voices yelling and screaming. Then, there was a bloodcurdling shriek and something to lines of "monster". I bolted into the room, only to see my dear parents and the rest of the customers in the inn scattered across the floor in bloodied lumps. My fiancee stood above them all with eyes that glowed a deep scarlet. My anger shot through the roof, and I lunged at him with all my might. A short fight ensued, which ended in my loss, of course.

I don't remember what happened during that time. I recall a sharp pain in my neck, but then I'm sure that I blacked out. When I awoke, I was not in the inn anymore but in the middle of a forest. My clothing was absolutely tattered and blood-stained -- my own blood. I could sense the change in me right away. All of my senses had been heightened, and the sun burned my skin. I knew that I'd become a monster of myth, a vampire. There was no doubt or denial.

That man's face was burned in my memory. I knew that there was a slim chance that I'd ever find him again, so I vowed to protect other humans from my own fate.

In the year 2012, when the sky became clouded and black, my resolve grew stronger. I knew what an omen like this would mean: they were coming, stronger than ever. I only hope that I can aid the humans, at this point.

Quote:
Esmme

Nym Daemos

I am Human.

People call me Nym.
I am 24 years old.
I am male.
I can survive a vampire's venom.

‡ My story;

I didn't much care about the rest of the world when everything went to hell. I wasn't one to make long-lasting relationships, so being out on my own wasn't strange. Moving from one place to the next, I found myself in a city full of failing generators and an underlying vampire threat.
To be honest, it intrigued me. And, after my first vampire attack, I was ready to kill the damn things. The leeches left me for dead. Heck, one of them stayed with me and tried to turn me. We both found out pretty quick that I wasn't easily turned.

After that, I wanted the leeches dead. Their fangs left plenty of evidence of their feeding over my throat and one of my arms. I don't plan on letting a vampire get that close again.

Quote:
Wavi

Braith Wolf Flynn

I am a human vampire hunter.

People call me Braith, Wolf, or Flynn (original, I know).
I am twenty-three years old.
I am male.
I can sing like a canary and deafen people with my sexy voice.

‡ My story;

It is quite epic. No, really. I was raised by a pack of wolves. Let me step back and explain how this came to happen....

It was a cold winter's night and all was perfect as could be. My family and I were gathered around the fire, singing and being merry as could be. That is until those bastard fiends of the night attacked. Apparently, living on the outskirts of town was an unwise move. Apparently, living there gave those dirty blood-suckers the right to rip down my family. Apparently, being alive was good enough torture for me. Apparently, they wanted me to suffer.

With the blood of my parents and my two older siblings splashed across my face, I watched with tears in my eyes as the vampires left the way they came. Shivering and alone, I knew my end was near.

When I finally came to the next morning, I realized that I was not one with the heavens. Instead, I was surrounded by a black coat of fur and a squirming hoard of balls of fluff who were in the teething state.

At first, I was scared out of my wits. I was in the layer of a female wolf. I was, without a doubt, going to be her pup's dinner. However, when the alpha male appeared and offered me his less than fancy regurgitated food, I knew that I was in good hands... paws.

I moved in with the wolves at the age of eight and I stayed with the pack for a good ten years. It was through them that I learned to hunt and become a man of the wild, a man that needed nothing but the skin on his back and a small bladed weapon.

However, upon my eighteen birthday, my brother, who had grown to be the alpha male, decided it was time I learn who I really am. Walking with me to the city, I was awestruck by the wondrous world of man.

Not wanting to leave, I was faced with a painful decision. I was to leave my wolf brethren and become a part of the human world - the world that I belonged to.

It has been seven years since I left the pack. I still keep in touch with them, but I have begun losing the ability to read and understand them. Furthermore, my brother was fallen in a battle, so the pack I once knew... it no longer accepts me.

Needless to say, after discovering my true nature, I went under the wing of a hunter - a hunter that hunted not wolves, but vampires. I sought vengeance on the bloodthirsty thieves that stole my family. I would spend seven years in solitude with my master learning how to become the most feared hunter in the world so that, one day, I could kill the pack of vampires that killed my family....
Quote:
Wavi

Serkan Yavuz Sari

I am a bloodthirsty vampire.

People call me Serk or Yaz.
I am twenty-seven years old.
I am male.
I'm a blood-craving, rustles vampire who has an affinity to ice. What other powers or specialties could I need?

‡ My story;

Insert an overused sob story here.

Bwah ha ha. Made you get all sad for nothing, didn't I? Tch, how pathetic. You humans are all the same. So weak. So soft. So... delicious.

Anyway, my life isn't really a sob story. I just felt like messing with your little head. So what is my history? It's simple. I was a human turned vampire. Wait. What. Yeah. My mother was a whore and she was dumb enough to get with a vampire. I popped out all human-like. The father (who we're assuming is the vampire that I look nothing like) got pissed and offed my mother (so there you have it, I wasn't his kid). Instead of killing me, I converted me as the rip old age of - JUST F***ING BORN. Couldn't even make it into the doctor's hands and he was slaughtering the world and turning me all vampire-like.

So my father (I like to call him that) decided to raise me since he offed everyone else. Only, he made one lousy father. So despite living with him, I was raised by his brother - cooler vampire ever. The two of us were pals. Did everything together.

We were out stalking the delicious little humans (that's you) one day and all was going according to plan. That was until the hunters corned us. Pinned against the wall, my uncle did his best to ward off the hunters, but he just wasn't strong enough (that and he was outnumbered). So in a last ditch effort to save my life, he shoved me out of the tower and tumbling into the snow-covered world below.

When the hunters came looking for me, they never saw me. Not sure how as they were standing RIGHT OVER ME. But, whatevs. When they eventually gave up as they figured I'd died, they went home and I decided it was time to escape my frozen tomb.

Ice shattered and I was free. Free like a bird, baby! Save for the fact that I was forever stuck with this pale-ass white hair. Stupid white hair.... According to father I was, quote unquote, "Given the gift of ice and thus given the curse of white [freaking] hair."

So there you have it. Did ya learn anything?

No. UGH. Why must you all be so idiotic.

Long story short. I have the power of ice on my side. I have BLINDING white hair and sexy red eyes that turn blue when I'm using my ice abilities. I'm a haughty, cocky, loud-mouthed vampire that loves getting into trouble. I steal, lie, and cheat. I am the greatest thing ever created. I have no weakness, save for the fac that I am vampire and thus allergic to both the sun and garlic.

Good? Good.

PEACE OUT, BROSKI.

Quote:
Wavi

Calister

I am a very sexy and classy vampire who does whatever the hell I want.

People call me Calister.
I am none of your damn business years old. (One hundred and twenty-nine)
I am the hottest male you'll ever meet.
I control darkness, more specifically shadows.

‡ My story;

Vampire. It's what I am. I've embraced who I am and I let it define me. But, unlike my master, Serk, I am what a true vampire should behave like. I kill because I can. I love blood because it's just who I am. Death. It's my favorite.

In case you were wondering how I came to serve Serk the Jerk, let me tell you it's quite a long story. So long that I won't even bother telling it. A short version? It hardly seems worth it. Besides, if I were to shorten it, important side details would be left out. And, on top of that, I don't feel like sharing my personal history as it's none of your damn business.

Oh, and for the record, I hate Serk. Pepper, despite being human, I think she would make a wonderful trophy wife. Literally. I'll just lop her head off and mount it to the wall. She will be the lucky one to get mounted on gold.
Quote:
Daeman35

Nikia Daeman Hanse

I am a Seer Vampire. .

People call me Nikki or Nick.
I am 21 years old.
I am female.
I can do the usual vampiric abilities such as enhanced speed and strength, but i have one other ability that helps get me through my vampiric life. I can see peoples decisions right when they make them as if watching a video reel and i can withstand the sun better than most vampires as well.

‡ My story;
Nikia use to be such a good girl. She modeled all the time for agencies. She also acted in fanatical movies so as to make money to take care of her family. Once the volcano struck, her family perished and she was no longer taken up as an actress. In order to make money she had to do the only thing she was hired for. Stripping.

One day she was getting out of the strip club and her pocket book dropped. A young stranger picked it up for her in what seemed to be a nice gesture. He and the man were attacked by a couple thugs wanting to take his money and her body as their own. There were five of them. Two holding him and the other three holding her in place as she desperately tried to fight them off. The girl was no match for them, but the young man actually was. He had gotten beat a couple times, which had seemed to phase him, but the way he fought back showed that he had skills.

He beat all five guys before they could totally strip off her clothing. She quickly put all of her clothing back together on her and he brought her to his place to clean up her scrapes. She fell asleep on his bed by accident and the next thing she knew, she woke up to the man biting her neck. All she could feel was pain as she writhed on his bed, trying to get rid of it. It was a horrible feeling. When it was over, Nikia looked at him and he explained what had happened. He took care of her as she went through her blood thirsty stage.

With her new power due to the energy vampire that bit her, she could tell when something was going to happen with the people around her. Their decisions are what made her power work, especially if it involved her or anyone involved with her. The 2 years of her being a vampire helped her to become flexible and learn how to fight. Her weaknesses are silver and a stake through the heart as well as direct sunlight.

Quote:
Daeman35

Erol Streaen

I am a Vampire. .

People call me Master, Erol, or Stealer of Souls.
I am 28 years old.
I am male.
I can cause pain throughout the body of a person by interfering with their nervous systems and can make someone do what he wants by using this nervous system control.

‡ My story;

What is there that I can tell you about myself? I have been a vampire for as long as i can remember, growing up in the 16th century and watching as each century passed until it came to this. I was a Transylvanian fighter once. A man born and raised to kill. I never knew the softness of a woman's skin until I met a girl named Sylvia. My people were hunting all vampires in the transylvanian area. She seemed like the best bet to becoming a man. Her fair skin and white colored hair seemed like such a beautiful sight that all I wanted was to marry the woman. We slept in the same bed one night and she revealed her true nature of being the vampiric demon who took my.

I woke up to people barging into my house, trying to kill me. That was when i found out that i was able to control people and make them feel pain. OH what a joy it was to have this power. Over the centuries i have tried to find the reincarnated princess who took my soul. There have been plenty of woman who have come into my life looking like her. Unfortunately, they all died the same way she did.... With a stake through her heart made of silver.

Now in this century of darkness, I have found that woman for whom I have been searching for. She was attacked at her job and came home with me when I stopped her attackers from raping and killing her. I could not help myself in my revenge as I sunk my teeth into the beautiful sleeping girl. I helped her through the change and then made her my pet. She works at a strip club, which I allowed her to continue so as to keep up appearances of being human. My pet brings me fresh blood every night by way of persuading the human to follow her. I am her master and she serves me well.

Quote:
Esmme & Wavi

Pepper Anderson

I am human.

People call me Pepper.
I am twenty-four years old.
I am female.
I can cook, clean, sew, read, and be the most ideal housewife ever. Serk, why don't you love me? I was made for you....

‡ My story;

I've always been a human. I've always been weak. But I haven't always been so... in love.

It all started about six years ago. It was my eighteenth birthday. Everything was going grand... until they showed up. A pack of ravenous vampires. They smashed my hopes and dreams. I would never find a lover. I would never have my first kiss. I would die... alone.

Just as one of those red-eyed monsters was about to skin me, a chill ran down my back. The room had suddenly gone cold -- it was coated with a layer of ice.

Eyes wide and heart racing, I watched as a white-haired vampire walked ever so gracefully into the room. His skin was as pale as the moon and his eyes, the sparkled like sapphires. He was, by far, the most beautiful creature I had ever laid my eyes on. It was then, in that moment, that I decided I wanted to die by his hands. No, his lips.

Pulling my ginger hair away from my neck, I leaned in so he could sink his beautiful white teeth in my flesh - my neck's flesh.

But when I found his hands around my face and his nose against mine, I just about lost it.

His lips snaked back to my ears and he whispered, oh did he make my body tremble, "Join me, my love. I can make all your desires come true."

Although I had no idea what he meant, I took his hand and followed him into the darkness. There, in the middle of the streets laid at least a dozen bodies. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared. But what actually scared me the most were the eerie yellow eyes of a green-haired murderer.

Blood drooled from his mouth as his eyes seemed to stare right through me. It was as if he were going to make a meal out of me. But, before he could even take a foot in my direction, the white-haired vampire scooped me up in his arms.

"Calister, enough. We've done enough damage for one night."

"Yes, My Lord," his voice was ever so dreary sounding. He was, without a doubt, the most terrifying vampire I'd ever set my eyes on.

In the arms of this blue-eyed vampire, I almost felt at peace. But I had a million questions I was dying to ask. Mainly, "Why me?"

When we arrived at his home, I was more than shocked. Such a well-dressed man with such polite manners lived in this pigsty? I was about to comment when I felt his lips against my little finger. A light nip followed. A book was pulled from the shelf and my blood was placed in a square. As it soaked into the paper, I watched as it twisted into a very intricate heart design. I was taken back by the shape that appeared, but what really caused my heart to stop was when he purred lightly as he drew me ever closer.

His eyes -- there was a look of lust that lingered in them.

I begged to have his hands all over me. But I was denied.

It's been six years since I joined his crew. I didn't do it because I wanted to escape death. I did it so I could forever be with him. So long as I was with him, I was happy. Although I don't foresee him ever loving me, I can still cling to that hope that he might, one day, kiss me.

I have lived past the day I lost it all. My dreams and hopes of finding love were fulfilled. My desire for a kiss -- it will come true one day. Just not yet. I have to wait. Wait until the moment is just right.
Quote:
Lucrese Judith Clearwater

I am a vampire .

People call me Lucrese or Judith (when I'm trying to hide who I am).
I am much older then I might seem. (175 years old)
I am female.
I can sense emotions. (but not thoughts or who they are directed towards) and have a small ability with earth.

‡ My story;

Lucrese was turned from a shy young woman by complete accident after being captured by a vampire. She ended up killing him once her first few months had passed after realizing that her old life was behind her and she could reinvent herself completely. The new vampire enjoyed the act so much that she went out in search of someone else to teach her so she could kill other powerful vampires in order to drink their blood.

Sure it was taboo to do so, but Lucrese found that the more vampiric blood she drank the more powerful she became. Her murderous personality is hidden behind a sweet and caring demeanor. Somehow she manages to emanate a sweet innocence that often fools people into underestimating her at every turn.

It's all part of her plan to take over the world, seriously ... That's her plan.

Quote:
Kry

Bell

I am Vampire.

People call me Bell.
I am 412 years old.
I am male.
I have all the normal enhanced senses and speed of a vampire. Also, every time I move, I seem the make the sound of silver bells. Only vampires can hear this noise though. I find it rather bothersome.

‡ My story;

I have honestly enjoyed my life as a vampire more so than my life as a human. It came as a surprise when I rather suddenly and rather violently destroyed my maker. She had been a beautiful woman, a creature that delivered pain, suffering and death to any human she came in contact with. No one knows what made me snap the way I did, and it's not something I like to talk about.

I refuse to tell anyone my real name, and most just assume I don't remember it. I call myself Bell, because it is what my maker called me soon after she turned me. Her reason for calling me that was, because of the sound of tiny silver bells jingling whenever I move.

There is no known reason I can find for this odd phenomena, when I was turned the sound of silver bells jingling seem to follow my every movement. However, these bells can only be heard by any non human creatures. Anything supernatural can hear my approach. Makes it hard for me to sneak around, though I'm not really the sneaky type anyway.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 05-10-2012 at 02:36 AM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 04-15-2012, 01:46 AM

Reserved for updates.

April 15th - *Cuts the red ribbon* We're open! You can begin posting!

It is currently sunset in the role-play and humans are scurrying to get to their homes before nightfall.

May 2nd - It is currently night time in the role-play. Most humans have taken refuge in their homes or other buildings as it's hunting time for vampires. Vampire hunters/police are out and around the streets hunting vampires.

Character Updates:

Tessa Malone (Female human/vampire hunter) - Tess is currently, under, Calister in a dark alley.

Kerian Hughes (Male vampire) - Kerian is currently in Arlotte's apartment, carrying the injured Nym in his arms.

Arlotte Belle Rozen (Female vampire/vampire hunter) - Arlotte is currently with Nym, Braith, and Kerian in her apartment.

Nym Daemos (Male human) - Nym is currently in the arms of Kerian, badly injured and inside Arlotte's apartment.

Braith Wolf Flynn (Male human/vampire hunter) - Braith is currently with Arlotte, Kerian, and Nym inside Arlotte's apartment.

Serkan Yavuz Sari (Male vampire) - Serk is currently inside his apartment with Pepper in all of his glorious shirtless sexiness.

Calister (Male vampire) - Calister is currently with Tessa in a dark alley, also gloriously shirtless.

Nikia Daeman Hanse (Female vampire) - Nikia is currently in a dark alley with a mysterious and dangerous vampire.

Erol Streaen (Male vampire) - Erol is currently alone in his apartment sucking someone's blood.

Pepper Anderson (Female human) - Pepper is currently with Serk in his apartment.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 05-02-2012 at 08:33 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 04-15-2012, 05:59 AM

She shoved her arms into her leather jacket quickly and pulled her long dark hair from the back of it as she stepped out of her hotel building. Emerald colored eyes scanned her immediate surroundings for anything out of the ordinary as Tessa headed towards a diner just around the corner. The sun would be setting soon and humans would be taking refuge in their homes while the vampires emerged to find food and kill. That was the best time for any vampire hunter to be out and on the hunt, and that was why her day was just beginning.

This city was like all the rest; mostly dark, warm in the 'day light' and cold at night. The smoke blocking out the sun didn't allow for the planet to build up enough heat during the day, so nights were often worthy of a trench coat and cup of joe. But the nights were much more dangerous than and most people remained indoors after sunset.

When the sun was high above the smoke over the city it was warm and humid, there was a certain hue about the buildings and streets. A red-brown color tinted the world now. Trees and grass didn't grow in many places, weeds were most all that survived without the sunlight. Some buildings and museums had trees and 'exotic' flowers growing inside under specialized lighting, like artificial sun, to keep them alive as well as the wealthy, but seeing such things was a rarity to a commoner.

A couple of blocks later Tessa was in front of the diner. She swung the door open and moved inside to grab a newspaper and seat herself in a booth near the window. A short time later she was sipping a cup of coffee and reading the local news. She was shaking her head and frowning deeply. Every newspaper in every city was exactly the same. Page after page of obituaries and missing photos of mothers, children, best friends... She couldn't read anymore.

Tessa hadn't found any clues to her brother's life in the paper today, she never did. But so far as it stood, newspaper obituaries were her best chance at locating him. Was he dead? No, he couldn't be... She tossed the newspaper on the table and picked up her coffee to take a sip as she stared thoughtfully out the window watching as people scrambled to make it home before dark.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 04-15-2012, 06:52 AM

Kerian had no problem with walking the streets before actual night fell upon the city. Sunlight didn't bother him the way it did other vampires, and even if it did, there was still that cloud locking the world in a perpetual almost dusk like sense even in the middle of the day. He didn't have much trouble blending in with humans either, Kerian had fangs like other vampires, they just weren't quite as prominent as in his blood drinking counter parts. His skin wasn't as cold or quite as pale as theirs either.

Sometimes other vampires even thought him human. It didn't matter, not really. He didn't fight for or against the vampires, nor did he fight for or against the humans. Kerian fought for himself, even though it was humans that had burned his home and murdered his 'father', Kerian held no grudge against them. His guitar was slung across his back, the dark brown strap going across his chest, Kerian had a bit of money, what he had managed to take with him when he fled the burning house, and he found that sometimes he could earn a bit of coin by playing his guitar on the sidewalk. Humans could be generous creatures sometimes.

He ran a hand through his hair, black and bright pink. His eyes a dark brown color, unless he was very hungry, when that happened they tended to glow a lavender color. Kerian moved down the street easily, the humans would all be going to their homes, they didn't like being out at night and Keri didn't blame them. Sometimes even he didn't like being out at night.

Kerian slipped into the small diner, he was hungry but not hungry enough to make his eyes change color. It was always best to feed early, when the hunger was just beginning. He slipped into an empty booth, ordering a hot chocolate when the waitress came over, then he scanned the people that were still in the place. All the emotions and energy was the same, humans were scared and anxious, even a little excited.

It didn't matter who he took it from, anyone would do. Kerian licked his lips and closed his eyes for a moment. With his own energy he reached out to his intended victim, a man sitting not to far away, ever so gently Keri's energy would entwine with the man's. The vampire gave a very slight tug and the energy came to him. It was unnoticeable, even to the man Keri was feeding from. Unnoticeable to the untrained eye at least. Still the only way his victim would know, was if he took too much of their life energy and left them nearly dead or all the way dead. Keri didn't do that. He tried hard not to kill when he fed, and his hunger wasn't great, so he only pulled a little bit from the man. Absorbing it into his own body with a light sigh of contentment.

Somehow it always felt so good to feed no matter how little or much he took. Kerian opened his eyes. The feeding only took about less than a minute, and the waitress was already returning with his hot chocolate. He thanked her with a smile and put both hands around the mug, and just stared at the contents. Last time he'd tried to put something in his stomach, it had made him sick. He was reluctant to try again, but Kerian was trying to appear human.

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 04-15-2012, 06:35 PM

"I'll stay with him. He'll make a good addition to the coven."

Nym shivered. The voice was of a female - and she was far from human. The lulling musical quality to her words was followed by a strange coldness that spread over his neck and shoulder. It felt like icy fingers were reaching for his heart - and they were succeeding. The searing pain that followed washed out that cold touch, and it brought Nym back into consciousness.
With a cry, the blond stared up at the woman who leaned over him. Her fiery red hair matched the blood on her lips. His blood. The vampire looked just as startled as Nym himself was, only she moved recovered first. Her lightning-fast strike knocked the gun farther from Nym's touch. With a crushing grip, she slammed his arm down again. The male fought back, but a vampire's strength bests a human's at any given moment. The blond found himself pinned painfully to the alley's pavement.

"Why are you awake, hun?" Her glowing eyes scanned over the multiple wounds on the man's neck, frowning in confusion. "You replenish quickly, don't you?" The purring voice she used seemed to calm Nym, and as she brought his arm to her lips, he allowed it without any resistance. There was a sharp pain as he fangs dug into his wrist, and then it cooled - and Nym began to relax. The cold feeling spread, reaching for his heart once more. It burned like hell.

Nym jerked back, trying to get his wrist away from the vampire. Still pinned, he didn't have much room to move. But . . . perhaps he could get to his weapon. Struggling with as much strength as his partially drained body could muster, he fought to reach the gun. The vampire was far too intrigued with his blood to notice - until the round clicked into the chamber. "Back off, wench."
The gunshot echoed through the streets, and Nym kept still as he tried to regain his breath. The ice in his veins seemed to be fading, but slowly. It ached like he'd been frozen - and it hurt like hell to even think about moving. Get up, Daemos. Others would come. If he didn't leave now, he'd be dead soon. Even as he thought of leaving, the woman he'd just shot was writhing about. The bullets weren't silver.

Nym took a good few minutes to get to his feet. Bleeding like he was meant he was a walking liability. Vamps from all over the city would smell him from miles away. Still . . . he wasn't going to lie down and die. Gripping his gun and stumbling from the alley, Nym spat blood from his mouth. It was a miracle he was still moving, let alone walking through the city.
Surely there were humans somewhere. The sun was setting. He needed to get to cover now.

((:ninja: Hey, guys! Kry! Haven't seen you in a while! :poke:))

Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to ex...

Old 04-15-2012, 07:50 PM

His day had started off peaceful. A bit too peaceful, perhaps, but Braith wasn't about to let the tranquility of the day be shattered by his realistic mind. Not only would such deary thoughts cause a grimace to ruin his pretty face, but it would also finish the day off on the wrong foot, which would result in going to bed moody and waking up moody.

Chuckling to himself, Braith realized how foolish he must have looked standing there with his eyebrows displaying at least a dozen expressions. Oh how I love being the mad man. Another chuckle pursued his lips.

On the move, Braith wondered where he ought to go. The cafe down the road seemed like a nice way to start off his evening. He would slip in and order the usual - hot chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles. Oh was that delicious. Mouth watering and body slouching its way toward the quaint little diner, Braith almost toned out the ghastly sounding boom of a gun being fired.

It finally clicked, though. Eyes peeled and his nosed turned up to sniff out the trouble, the redhead peeled on down the road toward the dying echoes of the gun. Those brilliant red eyes of him scanned the skyline in search of crows or other birds that might flock to a body. His ears, they listened for the moaning sounds of a man or even the cackling laughter of a vampire. His tongue, which was poking from his lips, tasted the air for the scent of blood. Growing up with the wolves left Braith with heightened senses and the keen ability to use them. Although he looked foolish standing there with his tongue rolled out of his lips, Braith knew that he was a good a tracker as any dog.

Veering down a back alleyway, Braith wondered if he was being too hasty with this pursuit. Perhaps the shot fired came from the enemy - a vampire. Not wanting to doubt himself, the wolf-raised boy slowed to a near halt. Turning his flared nostrils to the darkening sky, he sniffed about, trying to discern whether it was friend or foe.

The fear of arriving to the aid of a fallen human soon entered his mind. Hating the idea of charging in recklessly, Braith made sure his axe and shotgun were handy, should he need to use some force.

Picking up his pace, the crimson eyed male soon found himself looking down at a crippled creature. From the bite marks that marred his pretty body, he immediately pegged the lad as a victim to the vampires; thus, making him human.

"We need to get you out of here," he whispered as he crept to the male's side. Still wary of him, Braith waited to see what the injured male would say and do. If he were lunge at him, Braith would slam his axe into the creature's face. If he didn't attack, Braith would cup the male into his arms and carry him to safety.

Last edited by Wavi; 04-15-2012 at 07:53 PM..

Esmme

Old 04-15-2012, 08:11 PM

Though Nym had the intentions of leaving the alley, his body had other intentions. He'd fallen near the entrance, unable to lift himself again. Staring up at the sky above him, he wished he would just die. Nym barely registered the sound of light footsteps approaching, and by the time he did someone was already in sight.
Forcing his eyes to stay open, Nym growled under his breath. He didn't need another vampire sucking him dry. Stubbornly rolling onto his side and forcing himself up onto one elbow, Nym lifted his gun. Despite his shaking arm, his aim was true. "Back off," he rasped, trying to figure if the boy was human or not. He held the weapon steady for a few moments before his aim started to drop. It was hard to focus. Everything was starting to blur again. Breathing took too much effort.

Still, Nym was a stubborn ass. With a growl, he brought his other hand up and steadied his aim. The action brought his gloved hand into contact with the bloody marks on his forearm and wrist, but he growled the pain away. It was keeping him awake, anyway. "Are you human?"
Eying Braith for a few moments, he decided he wasn't in the right state to tell.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 04-15-2012, 08:36 PM

Her coffee cup clinked into the tiny plate it had been brought to her on. Darkness had fallen. Tessa stood from the booth and left some cash on the table and turned to leave the diner. As she turned to face the rest of the diner, she was surprised to see anyone there besides the staff. Almost no one remained in public at this hour by choice.

The man had a guitar and some crazy colored hair. Her first assumption was that he was a vampire. But all the signs said he wasn't. She'd never met a vampire who'd be having a normal drink, in a diner, at this time of night... He was either an ignorant human, or a vampire hunter like her. Still, she got the nagging feeling that there was something off about the man.

As she passed by him she pretended to trip, reaching down to grab onto his wrist. The touch of his skin would give him away immediately, should he be a vampire. "I'm sorry," she said, "Two left feet." She gave him a sweet smile. He was warm. Too warm for a vampire.

Tessa didn't stick around to make conversation with the either very unwise man, or other hunter. Making friends wasn't what she was in this town for. A shadow moved passed the diner at incredible speed and mere seconds later a shrill scream could be heard. Tessa took off in a run towards the door, swinging it open and stepping out onto the sidewalk.

Her eyes searched for signs of the vampire, but neither it nor the unlucky human could be spotted. She frowned deeply. Those damn monsters. She did a mental checklist of her weapons. Tessa had a silver blade strapped to the inside of her left knee high leather boot, as well as a pistol that sat in a shoulder holster hidden inside her jacket. The thing didn't shoot silver bullets, but that was only because they were becoming harder and harder to find.

She needed to get out of the open, but to places where vampires might be lurking. It was too easy to be snuck up on standing on the sidewalk like that, but up ahead was an alley that attached to another much longer alley that ran behind the strip of shops. Perfect. Tessa walked quietly to the entrance of the alley and slipped inside, placing her back against one wall to peek around the corner and ensure she hadn't been followed by any bloodsuckers.

Tessa wasn't looking to draw attention, she was looking to sneak up on unsuspecting vampires as they fed upon the living, and sneak a peek of their faces. If it was one of the vampires that killed her parents, she would kill him. If it wasn't, she would simply disappear into the night. There had certainly been a point in time where she killed any vampire that crossed her path. But she had traveled with James then and held much more confidence. Alone, she didn't stand as much of a chance should a vampire spot her first or be of an older generation.

Leather boots padded quietly down the long alley, pausing as Tessa peeked around corners into shorter alley's for signs of vampires. She was beginning to feel a little hopeless. It had been years since those vampires had killed her parents and she hadn't so much as seen a trace of them since. For all she knew they were already dead and she could be moving on and focusing all of her energy on locating James. For all she knew, he was dead too. She shook the pessimism from her mind as she continued forward.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 04-15-2012 at 08:41 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 04-15-2012, 08:50 PM

Kerian had raised his cup to his lips, taking a very small, almost delicate sip of the warm liquid. His nose wrinkled slightly, it was too sweet, too..Just..wrong. It tasted wrong on his tongue. He frowned slightly as he set the cup back down. His guitar was propped up on the bench beside him, the strap hanging loose. Keri wrinkled his nose again as the cup settled gently on the table. Had he even liked such a drink when he was human? He didn't know, probably but for now it tasted wrong. Just wrong.

Kerian was staring at the cup with a slight frown when the woman tripped and grabbed his wrist. Startled brown eyes found the woman's eyes for a moment, then concern flickered in them. Before he could ask her if she was alright, she was making her apologies and leaving. He shook his head lightly, ignoring the sound of a loud scream somewhere outside. It was dark, the vampire's were feeding. Kerian had no intention of leaving the diner at the moment, he frowned slightly as the man he had fed on, one of the last customers in the diner stood and left. The fool probably wouldn't make it home alive.

That girl that had tripped and grabbed him probably wouldn't either. It was none of his business though. Let the humans and vampires kill each other, as long as they left him alone it didn't matter. Both hands were closed around his mug again and he stared down in the dark contents. Kerian wished he was back at the mansion, it had been safe. Well, as safe as any place could be that belonged to a vampire in times like these. Still, Albert Hughes had never bothered the humans, so why had they turned on him?

Kerian shook his head. A simple answer, he was a vampire and that simple fact frightened the wits out of the humans. So they did what they thought they needed to to continue surviving. Even though it had been Albert himself that had protected many of them from the vampires that posed a real threat. Kerian shuddered lightly, trying not to think about that night..or had it been day..the mansion was set ablaze. He licked his lips and his gaze turned to stare out the window.

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-15-2012, 09:29 PM

Arlotte ran through the streets with increasing speed -- the slaughtering was finally beginning tonight. This town was to be in shambles very soon, covered with corpses and blood. Even though the scent of blood permeated the air heavily, the vampiric vampire slayer did not have the tiniest urge to feed herself. The smell of blood was extremely repulsive. It had been somewhere around 200 years since she'd been changed, and never had she fed from a human. If she was desperate, she'd go for a small animal, but nothing more.

Sprinting faster, she could smell gun power and residue in the air. Someone probably shot a vampire. Following the scent, Arlotte eventually met a wounded, whimpering, and writhing vampire. She seemed to be hit with a normal bullet -- it wasn't anything that was supposed to kill her. "Let me... end your suffering, you wretched creature," she cooed quietly. Swiftly, the girl drew her silver blade -- an old katana she'd stolen from a shop over a century ago -- and pierced the monster's chest. Immediately, she stopped moving. It was over. Dead. "May God have mercy on your empty soul," Arlotte mumbled, her light British accent echoing through the air for a few seconds. That phrase was like her prayer. No matter who she killed, she would always chant that one phrase in a soft voice -- perhaps she hoped that God would have mercy on her when she was killed, or perhaps she truly wanted these creatures, who used to be human, to have another chance.

Sighing, Arlotte sped out of the area, down a littered alley, and placed the blade back in its sheath. The smell of human blood was now too much to ignore. That vampire must have attacked someone. At the same time. the scent of other vampires filled the air -- Shit, they've come to finish the job.

In no time at all, Arlotte was met with two other humans -- obvious human since she could smell their blood, hear it pumping through their veins. Her heightened hearing could make our quickening footsteps behind her. "You both need to get out of here. Trust me or not, you have to go." She stared at the two with scarlet eyes before turning around and drawing her sword again.

Wavi

Old 04-19-2012, 04:01 PM

No. He was a vampire that just wanted to help him to safety. Yes, that's exactly what he was. A blood-thirsty, stalker of the night that was offering this fallen human a hand toward salvation. He wouldn't even deviate from the course and bring him into his layer and gobble the pretty boy up. No, no! That was too rude. Braith would do actually as expected, save the human.

Riiiiiiiight. Because that's how vampires are in this day and age. Kind, wonderfully helpful beings that are always looking out for the betterment of humankind.

Rolling his eyes, Braith wondered how people like this got by. He was fully aware of the fact that vampires lied about their nature and all, but it was too much of a lie for Braith to even pull off, especially on his own.

About to stammer out some quirky comment about being a vampire, the redhead was interrupted by the actions of a woman who now stood at this side. Blinking a few times, to take in her beauty, he wondered why he had never meet this diamond in the rough before. Offering her a sincere smile, he nodded in agreement, deciding that now was the time to move. With this woman being on the offensive, Braith would be able to go about transporting the injured blonde.

"Thanks, partner," rolled off his tongue as he wrapped his arms around the bleeding male. "The name's Braith, by the way." Shooting his eyes down to the blonde, he chuckled. "And, yes. I'm as close to a human as I could be. Erm, that came out bad. Yes. I'm human, despite being raised by wolves."

Scooping Nym up, Braith grunted as he swung the male over his shoulders. Making sure he supported the male, his arms crossed behind his back, locking together to secure the hold. Growing up with the wolves was probably the only thing that kept him from falling over or growing fatigue from the male's weight. Not that Nym was heavy, but, being a full-grown male, he was still heavy enough to break a sweat over. Thankfully, Braith was used to the manual labor and, with ease, was able to stand upright and even begin to get his breathing back under control.

Once certain that the handsome blonde was ready for transport, his crimson eyes drifted toward the slender woman with the sleek, black, short hair. She was, without a doubt, one of the most beautiful woman he had ever laid his red eyes on. If the scene were different, he would have asked her out to lunch, but, since Nym was bleeding all over the ground, the date request would have to wait. That and Braith wasn't certain about the woman's status -- was she single, taken, widowed, or not interested.

Recalling the mission - the rescue mission - he diverted his attention to the woman and away from his fantasies.

"I'm ready when you are," he muttered, trying to keep his usually loud voice from attracting more vampires.

The little hike back to town or a citadel wouldn't be easy, but at least he wasn't trekking out into vampire territory alone. Not that is was vampire territory. It was human land that just so happened to be crawling with the lowly fiends.

Last edited by Wavi; 04-19-2012 at 04:08 PM..

Wavi

Old 04-19-2012, 04:29 PM

Buttoning the final button on his white dress shirt, the pale-haired male cast a glance outside his bedroom window. The view was quite marvelous. It overlooked the city and the looming forest that was slowly creeping in on the city and its delicious people.

Delicious? Oops, that wasn't supposed to slip out. But, now that the cat's out of the bag, it might be wise to let you in on a little secret. His secret.

Serkan Yavuz Sari. That was the name he was given as a child. It was the name he grew to simply adore, too. The name of a cold-blooded, blood-drinking monster. A vampire by birth and a vampire by choice.

Batting his lashes, the handsome male flicked the twisted fringe from his porcelain face.

"Calister," his voice rippled down the hall, "Would you be a dear and get me my vest. I want to look my best when I go out tonight. I can just feel it in my bones. Tonight, I will have a feast."

Moments later, a male just as slender as Serk entered the room with vest in hand. "I assume you want this vest as it suits you best," he said while offering up the outfit.

"Preposterous! I want to look my best! Not my worst," he hissed. "Get me Pepper, she, unlike you, understands style and fashion!"

Snapping his fingers and shooing off the butler Calister, the snobby Serk's patience began to draw thin with each lapsing second that Pepper did not enter the room.

On the verge of blasting a hole through the wall, he stomped out of the room to topple the ginger with his full-on force.

"Pepper," he grasped the woman's neck, "what in the blue-blazes took you so long! You worthless wen- you found it! My vest! My beloved vest. But how? It was ruined in the last fight?"

"Oh, Serk. I can sew, you know this."

"Since when?"

"Since you ruined your vest," her blue eyes locked with his for a second before the peeled away. Blush lingering on her face a bit longer, Pepper stepped away from the male and sent her eyes to the window. "Are you sure you want to go out tonight?"

"You're a party pooper, Pepper. Pepper the party pooper. That is you." Jabbing the woman in the back of the neck, Serk splashed his usual cocky grin on his face. "Don't worry about me. I'm Iron Man."

Smacking her forehead, Pepper moved away from the male and made a bee-line for the door.

"Tch, women," he scoffed as Pepper vanished out of sight, "they are always trying to rain on my parade."

With that comment coming to an end, Serk flipped on his vest and re-brushed his silky locks. "Serk, you look sexy as ever!" Arms crossing over his chest, he eyed his pieces and wonder which he should bring with him tonight.

Old Faithful. She would do.

Pistol attached at the hip, Serk hoisted open the window and thrust his face into the chilly night sky. Raising his nose to the wind, he picked up the scent of fresh blood, but turned away from it for he wanted to kill his own human.

Pushing himself from the window, the silver-haired male gracefully fell from his tenth story pent house. Landing with a light thud on the concrete below, he pushed a cocky grin on his face.

"Run, run as fast as you can. I swear I'll catch you, my little gingerbread man."

Last edited by Wavi; 04-19-2012 at 05:01 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 04-19-2012, 04:35 PM

As long as they left him alone, it didn't matter. But they hadn't left him alone, not really. The humans had burned his only home and killed the closest thing he had to a father. Like it or not, Kerian was already slightly involved, but he did not want to take sides. Humans were easy to frighten and when frightened they did things like burn innocent people's homes down. He grit his teeth. Vampires weren't innocent, they were guilty just by being a vampire.

Kerian growled lightly and squeezed his mug of hot chocolate for a moment, then relaxed. He was sure he hadn't asked to be a vampire, and he was sure others hadn't asked for such a fate either. Those things didn't really seem to matter though, not to humans and not other vampires. Kerian stood, leaving a bit of money on the table to pay for the hot chocolate he hadn't drunk, and a little more for a tip.

Kerian stood and picked his guitar up hanging it across his back. He loved that thing, but he also wouldn't hesitate to use it as a weapon. Brown eyes flickered over the employees still in the diner before he made his way out. A light shiver ran down his back as something quick slipped past him, just inches away. Vampire. Keri shook his head and sighed.

This was not the ideal life. Perhaps it was for the murdering vampires, though Kerian liked to think of them as mostly psychopaths. Well, they were acting psychotic. He shoved his hands in his pockets, the scent of blood was already heavy in the air, coming in from several different directions. It made him wrinkle his nose in disdain.

For a few moments Keri just stood there, in front of the diner's door. He heard it click behind him. He had been the last customer and now that he was outside, the employees didn't intend on that door opening again, at least not while the vampires were running around being psychotic. Kerian shook his head and started in a random direction.

The scent of blood seemed to be stronger the more he walked in this particular direction. He should turn back and go a different way, but he didn't. His lips slightly parted as an annoyed sigh left them. Kerian would help if he chanced upon an injured human. He might even help if he chanced upon an injured vampire, if that vampire could prove he wasn't a psychotic one.

His eyes downcast, and he was watching his feet, not really watching where he was going.

Esmme

Old 04-19-2012, 04:55 PM

((*bursts into laughter* Oh, Wavi!! I love Serk!!! :rofl: HAHAHAH, his story is just priceless!!

Kry: :drool: Your energy-vamp thing is awesome. That is the coolest idea I've seen with vampires. :insane:))

"As close as you'll ever-?!" Nym's gun lowered as the man approached. He wasn't sure if the guy was joking or not, but it sounded like he'd been raised by wolves. The thought was laughable . . . but Nym wasn't the humorous sort. Not with his lifeblood pouring out around him like a ripped IV bag. "Braith." He nodded, and was about to give his name when the situation changed.
His blue eyes darted over to the woman who appeared seemingly out of nowhere. Arlotte was certainly an attention getter. With a scowl, Nym was about to refuse the help that was suddenly being thrust upon him . . . but he really was in no position to do so. Instead of protesting, the blond swiftly holstered his pistol and eyed Braith for many moments.
The guy was about his age, and despite his build he carried a strange amount of strength. His auburn hair seemed to light up whenever his red eyes glittered with a smile. Braith looked like a strange sort - and Nym wasn't usually in the company of that particular type.

He tensed when the other male lifted him, and was surprised with the ease that the action was performed. He has strength, I'll give him that. Nym hissed in pain as he was secured over Braith's shoulders, gritting his teeth as the world spun and blacked out momentarily. It was out of sheer stubborn willpower that Nym opened his eyes again.
Still, everything was blurry and covered in patches of darkness. Weakness was clawing at Nym, constantly draining what energy and strength he had left - which wasn't much. He was bleeding out. Hell, he'd die from blood loss instead of vampire venom. Ironic.

Nym did what he could to stay awake. Still . . . even with Braith and Arlotte's presences being there, he couldn't stay alert. By the time they started moving, the blond was unconscious.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 04-19-2012, 06:19 PM

"Of all the damned luck," Tessa mumbled under her breath. Here she was in one of the biggest cities with one of the worst vampire problems, and she was standing in a back alley, vampire-less.

She began to sulk. Maybe the rumors were just that, only rumors. After all, she had been here for three days now and hadn't seen a single vampire. So she'd thought anyway. It wasn't like they weren't around, their presence was clear. Maybe these vampires were just too good. Maybe Tessa's skills were slipping.

I need a new strategy, she thought. Tessa made her way out of the long alley, still sulking. She would never avenge her parents or find her dear brother at this rate. Once she stood on the sidewalk once again, she stopped and listened. Surely she would hear a not so distance scream, or something to point her in a better direction.

After a few moments of silence, Tessa rolled her eyes and sighed. There were three directions that she could choose from now. She lifted her hand to point at each of them as she whispered, "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, catch a vampire by his toe, if he hollars, let him go, eeny, meeny, miny moe."

Tessa didn't know why she used that rhyme for decision making. It would seem more practical to actually weigh out her pros and cons to make some sort of educated decision. Plus, she almost never caught vampires by their toes, and she would certainly never let one go.

She headed down the sidewalk now, almost hoping to draw attention to herself. As she rounded a corner she was mumbling something about this dreadful city and these stupid vampires when one fell from the sky. A pale haired vampire with a large grin on his stupid vampire face. What? She was in a bad mood.

Quickly she disappeared back around the corner, back to the wall as she wondered if she'd been spotted or heard. Her heart raced slightly and she wished James were here. He was the one who did all the vampire killing really. But she had to man up if she was ever going to get her brother back.

Tessa reached down and grabbed the silver dagger from her leather boot and put her game face on. She took a deep breath and sneakily peeked around the corner, hazel eyes expectant to see the vampire once more, hoping that finally she'd caught one of her parent's murderers.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 04-19-2012 at 06:21 PM..

Wavi

Old 04-19-2012, 06:53 PM

"Boo."

A pair of icy blue eyes looked right into hers while his cold as ice nose rested against her own nose. Oh how he loved to invade that thing called "personal space."

Before he devoured his pray, the white haired male liked to examine his catch. Sometimes, if they were pretty enough, he would let them run back. This was Pepper's case, save for the fact that Serk didn't let her run back home (or so he likes to tell people). No, in all reality, Pepper wanted to stay with Serk. To this day, he still doesn't know why. Maybe it had something to do with his oh-so-charming personality? Nah.

Needless to say, Tessa was a cute little mouse; Serk would admit that much. But a mouse, she was not. A mouse, after all, would have been far more stealthy. If it were wise enough, it wouldn't even have crossed the line that led to Serk's building. But, hey, not all mice can be geniuses for if they were all that smart, the cats wouldn't get fed.

Popping backwards so that he was now towering over the woman, Serk slapped his tongue across his pearly white teeth. Head cocked to the right and then to the left, his once cheeky face soon shifted to a smug look. Lower jaw sliding outward and lips drawn tight, he rolled his eyes around before pivoting on his heels.

"I wanted a gingerbread MAN," he moaned before looking over his shoulder to spy on the pretty little thing that stumbled into his web. Under his breath, he continued to mutter, "Why do I always wind up bumping into girls half my age. Wait... she has breasts. She's good."

Those once blue eyes suddenly shifted to a crisp red color. The coolness that seemed to surround him vanished, too. The haughty demeanor, on the other hand, remained in tact.

"Run along, little girl," he said shooing her like he shooed Calister. "Run along before I decide to slit your throat and lap up your beautiful liquids."

Would she run or would she stay, that was the question that was racing through his mind. If she stayed, Serk would have no choice but to play with her. To start the game, he would let her know of the first rule of strip poker and that is, of course, to strip. She would be allowed to keep one article of clothing on and, since she wasn't in a dress, Serk would get to see some goods.

Now, if she ran, he would have no choice but to punish her for no one was allowed to run away from him. Running just pissed him off. The other thing that pissed him off was the green-haired suit-wearing Calister. Seriously, who the hell names their kid Calister? He was just annoying.

Oops. His mind had gone off on a tangent, again.

Snapping his eyes about, he looked around for the girl. Did she run away? No, her sickly sweet scent was still lingering in the air. Well then, where was she? Hiding, duh. But Serk knew that. It was just finding her that would prove annoying. So another annoyance can be added to the list. Running, Calister, and hiding. Those things just pissed him the hell off.

A sigh pursued his lips as he nonchalantly cast the woman a "you have got to be kidding me" look. This chick, Tessa, was really starting to toy with his nerves. In no time, he would have to crack out his Iron Man suit and curb stomp her cell phone. Don't question him. He knows what he's doing, despite what you might think.

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-19-2012, 10:02 PM

Smiling slightly, Arlotte sighed in relief -- this man was the first to actually trust her. Many others had not heeded her warnings and proceeded to attack her. She never attacked back, but the other vampires did, and that sight was never a pretty one. Peeking at the two men once again, glancing over them with her piercing red eyes, the vampire nodded and stood her ground. "No problem... Braith," she replied smoothly. That British accent of hers was to die for -- it sounded so much like an old 1800s accent.

Prepared to fight, Arlotte reached behind her and pulled out a small mask that was hanging on one of her belt clips. Part of it had broken off in her last fight, leaving her left eye exposed. But that was okay. The enemies still would never be able to see her entire face -- she was Kaonashi, after all. Faceless.

Just as she was about to rush forward and barrage the on-coming vampires with her blade, she felt something tug on the edge of her dress. When she looked back, there was a tiny girl standing there with blood splashed all over her. Several other people were standing behind her, all in the exact same state. Ghosts... Half of them poltergeists... Arlotte mused. She'd never seen so many at the same time. I guess this skill comes in handy. "They need to be protected," the young one breathed out. "Go with them. We'll hold them off." Arlotte smirked and then ran a hand through the girl's hair -- being able to touch ghosts was another interesting development that she discovered.

Quietly, the British vampire gave her thanks to the child and the others who were brave enough to step forward. It was best not to start talking to what seemed like nothing in front of these humans, granted that they'll think she was more insane than she already is. Still holding onto her sword, Arlotte ran a few steps ahead of Braith and waved for him to start moving. "We all have to go. There are... some others who will fight the vampires off. I'll explain how I know that later. For now, it's run or die, lads," she explained curtly, staring at them, waiting for their replies.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 04-19-2012, 10:59 PM

As their noses met and his voice was heard, Tessa's eyes widened and she blinked owlishly into the blue eyes staring into hers. So she took it her presence was certainly noticed. That was unexpected. Well, mildly unexpected. Well okay, Tessa wasn't the best vampire hunter so she'd been almost sure he'd at least heard her. Vampires did have super spectacular hearing, or whatever.

When he popped back and swiveled around talking something about a gingerbread man and breasts, Tessa raised an eyebrow. This vampire hardly seemed dangerous. In fact he just seemed more loony than anything else. He hadn't even tried to attack her.

On top of all of that, he didn't look familiar to her. Then again, she'd only memorized one of the two faces of the vampires who killed her parents. James was the key to the second. She opened her mouth, but before she could speak he was telling her to run.

The sound of his voice had so suddenly changed and the tone immediately struck fear into her heart as it began to beat faster than ever. She stood there for a moment. Was he serious? And was he really going to let her go?

Well, she wouldn't. She was a vampire hunter! Her knuckles were white as she gripped her dagger. She'd taken a step back already and was trying to talk herself into staying and fighting the vampire, like a good vampire hunter would. When he didn't turn to attack her, she decided that she would hide. If he decided to come after her, she would stab him with the silver blade. If he was really letting her go, then she would simply wait until he left to come out and pretended the whole hiding thing never happened. Vampires? Pfftt, have seen any tonight!

She quietly turned around and slipped into the alley she'd previously come from, tiptoeing until she found the back door to one of the shops. She shoved the dagger into the space between the door and the jam, gave it a little jab and the door popped open. Piece of cake.

Tessa quietly closed the door behind her and turned to face the store. It was completely deserted and pitch black. Her hazel eyes squinted hard hoping they would adjust from the dim lighting to the total darkness, but her human eyes were just no help. She kept the dagger in one hand, as she reached out to feel her way through the store, her leather boots silent as she walked.

Her best guess was that she'd found her way into a clothing store. She must have been in the storage area as she felt over boxes, and then a rack of clothes, and... Tessa's hand brushed over a face and she gasped. Immediately she realized it was a mannequin. Duh. She laughed nervously before quieting herself to listen.

When she heard nothing she continued feeling along the wall of mannequins that would surely guide her to the other side of the storage room and to another exit. Still she couldn't help but feel creeped out by having to feel over the plastic bodies to find her exit.

((I really hope that made sense and was at least somewhat good. I'm so distracted, I don't even remember what I wrote at the beginning when I started writing an hour ago. -.-))

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 04-20-2012 at 06:44 PM..

Esmme

Old 04-20-2012, 02:39 AM

((:lol: Well, I thought it was a great post. ;)

Waaaaviiiii . . . . :drool: I love your crazy vampire. LOL))

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 04-20-2012, 02:46 AM

][-hugs Esmme- Wavi's vampire is pretty crazy and entertaining. You should come hang out with us in the OOC thread.][

Wavi

Old 04-20-2012, 01:01 PM

Damn, Braith thought to himself. It was always a struggle to carry a wiggling person on his back, but, to have dead weight from an unconscious man, well that just made things all the harder. It now meant that Braith would have to watch his steps and tend to Nym's every need. He would need to know when to pull tight and when to let his slid back. A conscious person would have known when to press their head against his neck and when to duck his nose out of harm's way. But this man, this non-responsive one, he was left in the care of the redhead. Thank god he had help warding off the vampires!

Speaking of his helper, he immediately shot the woman a semi-concerned grimace. She was talking crazy right now. Very crazy. Granted, the look that kept flickering in her eyes was just as insane, too. Actually, it might have been even weirder, as he was pretty sure she was talking to herself without talking to herself. (The only reason he believes this is because he, too, talks to himself within his own head and he, one day, decided to monitor his expressions in a mirror. He observed that he is, without a doubt, a very expressive man, especially when thinking.)

Needless to say, Arlotte was insane. Her words still echoed in his mind but, of course, there was some commentary on Braith's behalf.

Run. Right now. With this guy on my back. Easier said than done, love.

Eyes rolling and a snort escaping his lips, Braith gave the raven a quick nod, agreeing to her terms. Although he was curious as to why she was suddenly leaving the vampires to… well, he didn't see anyone so… it had to have been the boogie monster. Yes, the boogie monster would ward off the vampires.

THUD-DING!

A pole. Who was the genius that placed that lamp post in the middle of the road. Oh, wait. He had veered off the road and was now on the sidewalk. Heh, that makes sense.

Head spinning, forehead throbbing, and nose sore, Braith took a wobbly step away from the damned thing. "I swear," he said while wiggling his nose to make sure it wasn't broken, "these things are out to get me. It might have something to do with… always forgetting to turn my lights off." The latter part of his comment trailed off.

Recollecting himself, Braith was on the move again, only this time he was following directly behind Arlotte and never strayed away from her shadow.

----- Above post is Braith. Below post is Serk. -----

Really. She was going to do that. Hide. In the store over yonder. Run into all the pots and pans, too. She was slick. Real slick. Smooth like a criminal. Not.

Massaging his temples, Serk wondered if it was even in his best interest to pursue the lass. She clearly had nothing going for her. She was clumsy and annoying. Thank god she had breasts. Nice, bouncing breasts.

Finger to his lips, Serk strummed it across those pale pink parts for a few seconds as he waited for his light bulb to turn on. When it finally happened, he smirked. His idea was brilliant and, surprisingly, kind. He was going to… put her out of her misery.

Although it went against everything he stood for, Serk was going to slaughter the weaker being. Now Serk, he usually only sought out the strongest, pitching himself against the most worthy foe. To him, Darwnin's "Survival of the fittest" was most fitting. He wanted to not only prove his strength, but he also wanted to prove his wits. To survive, you must be strong and smart. Serk was strong, he had no doubts about that. He was also smart. Correction. He's not just smart, he's a genius. Why if he were any smarter, he would have created his own armor suit. Granted, he didn't have the resources to do such a thing.

Needless to say, Serk was fed-up with Tessa. If she wanted to play a game of cat and mouse, he would engage her and show her why she should have just begged for his mercy (Serk's a sucker for groveling and pleading).

Not really given his moment and ounce of concern, the lengthy vampire strolled up to the quaint little run-down shop. Rapping his finger on the door, he pushed it open and let his eyes do their thing -- glow that eerie red they always glowed.

"You do realize hiding is pointless. Just because I can't see you doesn't mean I can't smell you. It doesn't mean I can't hear you. And it certainly doesn't mean I can't… taste you."

Perched on a nearby box, the white-haired male crossed his arms over his chest and starred in the direction of Tessa. "Now why don't you come out from behind that box WITHOUT tripping over the grating and that pan?" Blinking, he added, "And pocket your weapon. It'll do you no good."

Last edited by Wavi; 04-20-2012 at 01:14 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 04-20-2012, 03:19 PM

Kerian moved smoothly down the street, the scent of blood coming to him stronger than before. As if it were heading in his direction and hurriedly. Human blood. Most likely an injured person fleeing a vampire. They wouldn't make it, of that Keri was certain, at least until he lifted his eyes from his feet to actually look before him. Two people came in his direction, a female with red eyes and a male with red eyes. A man slung over the red eyed man's shoulder.

At first Kerian thought both of them vampires, taking their victim off to play with him somewhere else perhaps. Though as they neared he realized only the female was a vampire. Kerian knew, because he could sense the energy around the three individuals. He tugged slightly at their individual energy, just getting a feel of it. The way a dog familiarize itself with other scents by sniffing at the air. Kerian didn't take any of their energy, and he certainly wouldn't have taken any from the female vampire or the injured male.

He stopped in his tracks. Why was the human with the injured man following a vampire? It seemed obvious to Keri that the injured male had been attacked by a vampire, so it didn't seem to make sense that the humans would follow a vampire. Then again, she didn't look insane, at least not to Kerian. He stepped to the side slightly as they neared him, and he just watched them.

Should he say something? Brown eyes narrowed slightly with indecision, those eyes were also on Braith, watching the human curiously. It wasn't often you saw a human with red eyes. Kerian's lips parted and his tongue flashed out to moisten them a bit, but he said nothing. Keri would let this odd group pass by him. It was none of his business, unless they somehow ended up getting him involved.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 04-20-2012, 06:43 PM

Tessa nearly jumped out of her skin at the sound of the vampire's voice. So he had followed her. Damn. She'd instinctively ducked behind a stack of boxes when she'd heard him speak and was shaking her head angrily.

Some vampires were reckless and young. In fact, most of them were. Those were the ones that were easy to kill and outsmart. But this vampire didn't seem to be either of those things. Stupid dark storage room! What a dumb idea this had been.

She put on her game face once again and stood. It was smart not to move at that moment, but instead listen. She squinted through the darkness. His voice was coming from... there. Yes, she could barely make out his figure and the eerie glow of his eyes.

Tessa was frowning deeply. "You don't get to tell me what to do," she snapped angrily. Who did this big headed vampire think he was? She was Tessa Malone, vampire... hunter, well tracker and sometimes killer, but not usually. That wasn't the point! She was no helpless lamb!

Luckily for her, she'd had plenty of practice using her pistol and within a matter of what may have only been a split second, it had been pulled from it's holster inside her leather jacket. Immediately and without hesitation she pulled the trigger. Once, then twice, and a third time.

Had she hit him? She couldn't be sure. Either way, the bullets would only slow him down, as they weren't silver. She continued holding the pistol with two hands outstretched in front of her. A strand of her dark wavy hair fell over one eye, but she disregarded it, not wanting to let her guard down in the least.

Wavi

Old 04-20-2012, 08:43 PM

This girl had guts, he would give her that much. A bit impressed as to how to semi-collected herself, Serk considered clapping, but opted for something else.

Flicking his eyes from red to blue so that the eerie red glow was no longer visible (essentially making him impossible to spot), a smirk crept onto his face.

Warmth flooded him for a moment, but his cool body probably frightened her more. His arms, like snakes, wrapped around her tiny frame and helped direct the gun at a rat that was scurrying about the perimeter. "Aim, point, and shoot. Only a vampire can point and shoot, as we know that our eyes can be deceiving."

BANG!

Still holding Tessa in his not-so-warm embrace, he brushed his cheek against hers before taking a full step away from her. Not saying a word, he pointed the now crippled rat. But just as soon as he had pointed to it, he had moved his hand to another rat that was roaming the rafters.

"Your turn. Aim. Point. Shoot."

Serk was certainly an odd vampire. Teaching his hunter how to hunt and all. Despite the oddness of the situation, there was reason behind his madness for he wanted to make sure that, if he died, he died by the hands of an expert marksmen. To his distaste, Tessa was far from that. So, to his own prideful ego's desire, the pale creature decided he would take the woman under his wing and teach her the ropes.

"No, no, no," he mocked while stepping toward her. "Weren't you listening? I told you that eyes deceive. You need to taste the rat, feel the rat, hear the rat, and smell the rat. Until you can master the five senses, you'll always be a mediocre vampire hunter." A paused followed, but only for a moment. "There's a look in your eyes that hints that being average just doesn't cut it for you. You seem to have a… certain aura to yourself. Are you… on a personal mission? Perhaps… looking for a comrade?"

His fingers danced across her cheek for a moment. Nose near hers again, Serk's blue eyes shifted red again, as he wanted Tessa to see him. He had something to say. It was something so life-changing that Tessa would need proof of his word by staring into his eyes (too bad Serk has an excellent poker face).

"If it's someone you seek, you will need to mow down my kind. You will need to kill me. But before you can ever do any of that, you need to be trained. I can teach you how to kill in cold murder. I can teach you how to be a stalker of the night."

Serk would stop there, for now. The girl had been through a lot and she probably needed a moment to think and plot her next move.

OOC // I was going to have him got shot, but that didn't seem very realistic. He had the advantage and all. So, instead, he's going to be all UP IN HER FACE. And then be all like, "You suck. You need a master. I will teach you."

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 04-21-2012, 12:20 AM

((Totally fine Wav :yes: I'm open to run with whatever you throw down!))

She was still squinting through the darkness for any signs of the vampire when she felt his arms around her and guiding her gun. At his initial touch, her eyes widened in a split second of fear that had her thinking he was about to finish her off. At the sound of the gun shot, her heart raced.

What game was this vampire playing? His cold cheek against hers caused a chill to run up her spine, and then he had moved away. She glanced towards those glowing eyes and frowned. How was she supposed to see a rat in this kind of darkness!?

Determined to prove herself a bad ass, she pointed the gun towards the rat, at least, where she thought the rat was. The second she heard the tiniest scuffle, she pulled the trigger. Had she gotten the nasty thing?

When the vampire mocked her she frowned again. She was no vampire, how was she supposed to shoot a rat in the dark!? She certainly didn't want to taste any rats, or feel any for that matter. Wait, did he just call her a mediocre vampire hunter? Hey! That was rude. True, but rude.

Tessa was pouting on the inside. He was right. She was little more than just another regular person with a gun. When Serk asked her about her personal mission, she immediately pictured her parents, and then her brother. She wouldn't give this vampire any information about herself though.

She turned her head away from him. If he was going to kill her, she was beginning to wish he would just hurry up and do it rather than toying with her like this. It was almost humiliating.

When she felt his fingers on her cheek she instinctively moved away. At his words, her eyes widened slightly and she frowned. Was he, serious? She would never associate with a vampire. Never.

But, maybe, it would teach her things about their kind that she could use against them. Maybe he really could teach her to be a better hunter. But why? Finally, Tessa spoke. "Why would you help me, a human?" She'd yet to meet a vampire who would help a human.

"What's in it for you?" That was an appropriate question. She doubted he needed her to kill off his kind, then why did he want to teach her to hunt them better. She was feeling confused. Intrigued, but mostly confused.