p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-21-2012, 09:37 PM

When Darkness Falls

In 2012 the world was covered in a blanket of smoke and ash when the largest of volcanoes erupted, killing millions and wiping out continents. By 2022 the remaining people of Earth had discovered a way to power the world through generators for energy, light, etc. But in the shadows lived a world of blood thirsty vampires.

The vampires were tired of living in hiding, second to humans, so the most wicked of the vampires formed an alliance to take the world from the wretched and weak mortals. Now generators everywhere are mysteriously failing and there aren’t enough knowledgeable mechanics to fix them before more and more are being tampered with, sending the world into random periods of darkness.

People live fairly normal lives, working, attending schools, seeing movies and having dinner, etc., until the lights go out. When a generator fails leaving a city in darkness, bad things happen. Groups of people are rising against the vampires hunting them and destroying them, some vampires even fight against their own kind. Everyday more of your friends and family go missing...

Who’s side will you be on?

The volcano is still active, sometimes erupting mildly causing the ground to shake before a rain of new ash begins to fall from the sky like snow.

Facts about your world:
-The smoke creating a thick blanket between the sun and earth allows for vampires to be able to travel whenever they please, although most prefer not to as they don’t want to get spotted by hunters. When the generators go out, all of the lights/power are out, so visibility is rough, if it’s day time and the sun is high above the smoke, a human would be able to see slightly as there would be very little light reflecting around. If it is night and the generators go out, humans wouldn’t be able to see at all without flashlights, candles, etc.

-There are some buildings and homes of the wealthy that have back-up generators for their own means of lighting as well as artificial light for growing trees and flowers that have been deemed extinct. The lighting in such places would be harmful for vampire’s skin and eyes.

-Cars are rare, only the very rich can afford to keep cars running on what it takes to run them now, and few older men out there still have gas running cars hidden away. There are subway lines below the cities but they are no longer used as they had become unsafe for human travel.

-When the generators go out and people are killed in the streets, dump trucks drive through the city upon the return of the lights, throwing bodies into garbage bags and hauling them off to the ferry that takes them to the rumored ‘Incinerator Island’. It can be seen from the beach, a constant odd colored smoke and smell emanate from the island, people don’t speak of it.

If you have any further questions about this world, as there are probably things left un-noted, don’t hesitate to ask! :)

--Rules--
-Follow Menewsha rules and TOS first and foremost.
-To join, PM me the profile with the subject line "I will follow the rules" and wait for an approval to begin, do not post profiles here.
-Romance and violence are strongly encouraged, but keep it PG-13.
-You must be at least semi-literate for this thread and post in paragraphs, with capitalization, punctuation, etc. No one is perfect, I frequently make mistakes, but this isn't a text message.
-No God-modding, or round-robining or whatever you want to call controlling other people's characters or the story. Please be creative in the role-play but if you want the story to be all yours and your own, re-create it on your own in your own thread, this is MY role-play.
-Your character needs to be diverse. I know there will be many vampires and humans, but we don't need ten characters who all have the same abilities and personalities. Also keep in mind that if we have too many of one gender already, you will be turned away until we can close the gender gap.
-I don't expect you to post all day everyday as I will be gone from time to time as well, but please keep in mind that I will summon you if you've been gone too long. You need to post at least once every other day.
-Please keep OOC in the role-play to a minimum, if you feel you need to have a conversation, take it to the OOC Thread linked above.
-I reserve the right to deny anyone. I also reserve the right to remove you from the role-play if I see fit and to revise the rules at any time I see fit.
;)

Profile Skeleton: Copy the text inside this box, fill in the information in the appropriate places and send me a personal message with the info. Wait for my response to begin the RP.

PHP Code:
[LEFT][SIZE="3"][FONT="Garamond"][B]INSERT USERNAME[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[
CENTER][IMG]insert URL to your character's appearence. ANIME PICTURES ONLY NO DESCRIPTIONS[/IMG]
[COLOR="INSERT POST COLOR HERE"][FONT=" Garamond "][SIZE="5"][B]CHARACTER NAME[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

I am a[color="INSERT POST COLOR HERE"] CHOOSE: Human, hunter, vampire, other (explain). [/color].

[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] People call me ____. [/size]
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] I am ____ years old. [/size]
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] I am male/female. [/size]
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] I can ____. (Erase this if your character does not have any special abilities.) [/size]

[/CENTER][JUSTIFY][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]
[B][SIZE="4"]‡ My story;[/SIZE][/B][INDENT][size=1]
Write everything you want us to know about your character here. Ideas: background, mission, scars, likes, hates, etc. 

[/size][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/JUSTIFY][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT] 

Character Profiles:
Quote:
Kya Katsumi

Tessa Malone

I am a human vampire hunter .

People call me Tess.
I am 22 years old.
I am female.
I have telekinetic powers as well as the power to "heal".

‡ My story;

When I was 17 my brother, James, and I came home from school to find two vampires draining the life from our parents. Before the vampires fled, my brother and I each memorized a face. Our parents being too far gone, died. James and I vowed to hunt down every last vampire and destroy them until we found our parents murderers. Last year James and I were separated.

I'm on my own now, hunting vampires and searching for my brother. I have a tough outer shell and an attitude to match it, but it's a front to hide how scared I am alone. I haven't killed any vampires since James dissapeared that weren't out of self defense. I have telekinetic powers, but don't really know how to control them. They appear when I'm backed into a corner, scared or angry and I tend to black out if they're too intense.

I also have the power to heal. But only in the sense that whatever wound I'm healing, I take onto myself. I've only done it a handful of times with minor injuries and don't care enough about others at this point in my life to do it again. These things were passed onto me through generations from ancestors I've learned to be witches. I hate the term and refuse to call myself a witch.

Quote:
Kry

Bell

I am Vampire.

People call me Bell.
I am 412 years old.
I am male.
I have all the normal enhanced senses and speed of a vampire. Also, every time I move, I seem the make the sound of silver bells. Only vampires can hear this noise though. I find it rather bothersome.

‡ My story;

I have honestly enjoyed my life as a vampire more so than my life as a human. It came as a surprise when I rather suddenly and rather violently destroyed my maker. She had been a beautiful woman, a creature that delivered pain, suffering and death to any human she came in contact with. No one knows what made me snap the way I did, and it's not something I like to talk about.

I refuse to tell anyone my real name, and most just assume I don't remember it. I call myself Bell, because it is what my maker called me soon after she turned me. Her reason for calling me that was, because of the sound of tiny silver bells jingling whenever I move.

There is no known reason I can find for this odd phenomena, when I was turned the sound of silver bells jingling seem to follow my every movement. However, these bells can only be heard by any non human creatures. Anything supernatural can hear my approach. Makes it hard for me to sneak around, though I'm not really the sneaky type anyway.

Quote:
Kya Katsumi

Stephanie Sinclair

I am a human vampire hunter.

People call me Steph.
I am 23 years old.
I am female.

‡ My story;

I grew up daughter to two of the best vampire hunters known to man, and vampire. Of course, my parents taught me everything. I now consider myself THE best. Then again, I have always been the best at everything I've done.

There has been any tear jerking tradgedy in my life, not that it would matter, you can't let things like tradgedy bring you down, it throws you off your game. I don't like to be thrown off my game. I'm going to exterminate every last vampire on this God forsaken planet even if I have to become a bloodsucker to do it.

Not that I need the super human abilities, I am the best don't forget.

(Stephanie has blood that acts like a drug to vampires. They want it, they crave it, and she of course, doesn't know she has it.)

Quote:
Smores

Altain

I am a vampire who seeks to seize opportunity.

People call me Altain.
I am 738 years old.
I am male.
Aside from the average vampire enhances, I can learn things about vampire and human alike through tasting their blood.

‡ My story;

The Earth has forever struggled with balance between its human and vampire inhabitants. For as long as I have lived have I watched the struggle. The days split amongst day and night - day to the humans and night to he vampires.

It is now that the earth has made her choice, she has covered the earth in a blanket of darkness, an eternal night, forever the time of the vampire. My vampire counterparts for the most part have seized opportunity and taken to the humans a fight they can not hope to win. Though they lack the foresight I posses, the chance of a true vampire regime. Of course I will be its ever living ruler.

I will bring the vampires under my rule, I will show them the existence that will keep them content for as long as they do exist. All they must do is allow me to bring them to this way of existence, and keep me at the helm of power. With this goal met I will show them how to bring the humans under our control, to keep them living only where we allow them - and to feed us with there blood as we see fit.

The planet has chosen the vampires as the dominant race. Who are we to disagree?
Quote:
PapillonCameo

Lucrese Judith Clearwater

I am a vampire .

People call me Lucrese or Judith (when I'm trying to hide who I am).
I am much older then I might seem. (175 years old)
I am female.
I can sense emotions. (but not thoughts or who they are directed towards) and have a small ability with earth.

‡ My story;

Lucrese was turned from a shy young woman by complete accident after being captured by a vampire. She ended up killing him once her first few months had passed after realizing that her old life was behind her and she could reinvent herself completely. The new vampire enjoyed the act so much that she went out in search of someone else to teach her so she could kill other powerful vampires in order to drink their blood.

Sure it was taboo to do so, but Lucrese found that the more vampiric blood she drank the more powerful she became. Her murderous personality is hidden behind a sweet and caring demeanor. Somehow she manages to emanate a sweet innocence that often fools people into underestimating her at every turn.

It's all part of her plan to take over the world, seriously ... That's her plan.

Quote:
Smores

Melena

I am a vampire who seeks truth, regardless of what it may be or where it takes me.

People call me Melena, or those who knew me before the vision of change... Malice.
I am an old vampire, roaming the earth before even the invention of the calendar.
I am female.
I can see visions of the future, and have a strong control of my vampire instincts.

‡ My story;

I have been along for quite some time. I still remember when the vampires followed some form of laws. Though as the times of humans changed, so did we. We became aggressive and mad with power, solving problems with death rather then words.

In that world did I become the highly fashioned killer that I am, through out my existence and time on this earth did I learn to embrace patience. Though my appearance shows the battle hardened woman inside, the one who killed many of her kin to survive. I believe in a balance of human and vampire alike. Living side by side, and having them ignorant to our existence.

Sadly everything has been ruined. I once envisioned the end of the human race, and fear that time has come. Now I roam the earth and wait for visions to come to me. What I shall see is unknown to me... but I feel that this period of time will test all of us. I wish to know the truth of these actions...

I wish to know what we are meant to do, and do not what I please. I have tried to enlighten myself in a way to avoid violence, but does that in no way mean I do not recognize that sometimes - a woman must resort to force to get her point across.
Quote:
Kya Katsumi

Lord Cyril Bauquemare

I am a vampire.

People call me Cyril or my Lord.
I am 870 years old.
I am male.
Aside from the regular vampire abilities, I can cause pain throughout the body of another being with my mind. I can enter the dreams of any who sleep and manipulate them into what I want purely to toy with others. I recently also became aware of an ability called mind compulsion and have been spending much of my time trying to perfect it. For now, it only works on those who are weak minded or younger.

‡ My story;

Cyril is old and pure evil. There isn't a thing that could change his wicked ways. He has many followers, most of whom follow out of fear. He lives for the soul purpose of toying with others. He loves the thrill of the game and a chase. He chose to become a vampire 870 years ago so that he would live forever and have power over all. He isn't trying to take over the planet, just merely toy with it.

Quote:
AmaniIshtar

Kale Syn

I am an apprentice mage-hunter.

People call me Kale.
I am 21 years old.
I am male.
I can cast fire spells of all kinds and a few healing. Just not so great at the healing.

‡ My story;

I was found as an orphan by my Mage Master, who raised and taught me. It was from him that I found I had an affinity for the fire element, ranging from weak orange flames to the brightly dangerous blue and white flames, then the greatest form of the fire element; lightning. I'm good at the spells, but sometimes they can still go wrong, and my control towrd the higher spectrum becomes shaky, so its almost never a good idea to be within range if I cast a lightning spell and I can't control it. I like all kinds of foods, but I have a weakness for cold sweets like ice cream.

(It's not shown in the pic, but his eyes are purple, hair is blonde, and he's got a tan.)

Quote:
ChiNoMizuumi

Cipher Iridian Lorraine

I am a a shaman that has taken the path of a vampire hunter.

People call me Cipher or "Sly".
I am 23 years old.
I am male.
I can summon the powers of the elements through symbols and parchment.

‡ My story;

Many years ago, when I was just an adolescent, my town up in the mountains was ravaged by a pack of vampires. Most of the townspeople were killed during the first attack, and many were assigned statuses of "missing" and such. By the time the second attack rolled by, my parents and the other shamans had gathered together the youth and sent us to an underground bunker. I, being a very curious youth, snuck out of the bunker during the fight and witness the vicious slaughter of my fellow brave shamans and spell-casters.

With a heart filled with rage and angst, I returned to the bunker and then led the other children to safety at the bottom of the mountain. Silently, I cursed those filthy bloodsuckers and vowed to get my revenge somehow.

For the next decade, I tried to hone my skills. In the dead of night, I would escape to the forest and practice sutras, spells, and summons until my body became so sore that I could hardly make it back to the town by sunrise. Even then, I always failed somehow -- I lacked physical strength, and I lacked the motivational support that most teenagers need during those years of crisis. To most, I was a wreck -- emotionally and physically.

Now, I still harbor my hate of vampires, but my hate is now geared more towards their behavior and sudden urge to take over the world. There is no way that I'll accept that without a fight.

Quote:
Kiyoto

Zander Kumori

I am a being of the mind, who seeks a reason for existing.

People call me Zander.
I am eighteen years old.
I am male.
I am able to get inside people's heads. In this manner I am able to feed off of their thoughts, emotions and memories, which drains them of life force and energy. I have the ability to 'crush' or destroy people's minds which renders them like pupets for me to do with as I please. I have the psionic abilities of: empathy, Apportation, Astral projection, Energy medicine, Mediumship, Psychokinesis, Scrying, Telepathy, and Transvection. The explinations for these abilities can be found here .

‡ My story;

I prefer not to talk about my past, where I come from is not really anoyone's business. I am here now, and that's all that matters. I love to play the piano, and am a painter as well. I usually spend my nights at a club down in the less desireable part of town. I hate people who try and take advantage of, or control me. I also have a slight weakness for passion and the physical touch of others. I have never had much of a close relationship with anyone.

Quote:
ChiNoMizuumi

Arlotte Belle Rozen

I am a vampire that hunts other vampires.

People do not know what to call me, thus they call me Kaonashi.
I am about 200 years old.
I am female.
I can see ghosts and other spirits. I also have all normal vampiric abilities.

‡ My story;

I was born about 200 years ago to parents that I have never known. I remember quite well my life as a human. It was a horrible life, in reality. I was abandoned as a young toddler by my so-called parents. For several years, I roamed the streets of 19th century Britain, thanking kind strangers for their thoughtfulness as they gave me scraps of food to eat or places to stay for several nights.

When I was probably about ten years old, an inn-keeper and his wife took me in as their child -- they were both incapable of having one, and I just happened to come along. It was a godsend for me. Finally, I had a place I could call home, and these people could have a daughter. The first thing they did was give me a name: Arlotte Belle Rozen. I never had a name before that, so, as you may expect, I was enthralled. Of course, the only thing they could not give me was a birthday. Since I did not know it myself, I took it upon myself to read books about the stages of maturity of the average human being. With those readings, I was able to determine my age at any period of time.

At the age of seventeen (presumably), I had grown to be a quiet and introverted girl that was deemed "beautiful" by the many suitors of the country. At this age, I was courted by someone who seemed to be a wealthy individual. My parents were both extremely excited -- I was to have a lovely life for once. However, I was immediately put off by this man. His eyes gleamed with knowledge from too many centuries past, and his eyes were an unexplainable color. This was not a man who I wanted to marry. Nevertheless, I ended up being set as his fiancee, to my extreme displeasure.

In one day, my world was shattered. As I returned home one day, I heard a scuffle in the inn. There were voices yelling and screaming. Then, there was a bloodcurdling shriek and something to lines of "monster". I bolted into the room, only to see my dear parents and the rest of the customers in the inn scattered across the floor in bloodied lumps. My fiancee stood above them all with eyes that glowed a deep scarlet. My anger shot through the roof, and I lunged at him with all my might. A short fight ensued, which ended in my loss, of course.

I don't remember what happened during that time. I recall a sharp pain in my neck, but then I'm sure that I blacked out. When I awoke, I was not in the inn anymore but in the middle of a forest. My clothing was absolutely tattered and blood-stained -- my own blood. I could sense the change in me right away. All of my senses had been heightened, and the sun burned my skin. I knew that I'd become a monster of myth, a vampire. There was no doubt or denial.

That man's face was burned in my memory. I knew that there was a slim chance that I'd ever find him again, so I vowed to protect other humans from my own fate.

In the year 2012, when the sky became clouded and black, my resolve grew stronger. I knew what an omen like this would mean: they were coming, stronger than ever. I only hope that I can aid the humans, at this point.

Quote:
Kiyoto

Shadow

I am a Your Worst Nightmare.

People call me Shadow.
I am forever twenty years old.
I am male.
I can grow claws sharper and stronger then any blade. I have the ability to regenerate my body from any wound, through a red electric like energy which I can also manipulate at will. I have enhanced senses, speed, strength, and agility. My bones are lightweight, but stronger then normal human's, a faster heart rate, and which allows my body to continue under extreme stress, you might say I'm a bit..animalistic.

‡ My story;

I was part of an experiment gone wrong, that the military did not want people to know about. I am a cross between human, vampire and animal DNA. Lets just say, if they thought they could control me, they were dead wrong ...hehehe. I left that destruction in my wake, and have been moving about on my own now. I am disgusted and yet amused by the pitiful life living in this sad excuse for a world. I myself can survive under harsh conditions, but these humans let a simple shudder of the ground practically whipe them out. I have never gotten over my thrill for a fight, and a taste for blood. I do not drink it, but I love to hunt my prey and watch them squirm. I have recently come to this town, to see if there is anything worth my time here. It seems like an interesting place, so we shall see if they can survive...

Quote:
Kiyoto

Eclipse

I am a vampire who seeks to to find his own path.

People call me Eclipse.
I am Ninteen years old.
I am male.
I have all the normal abilities of a Vampire. I have the ability to manipulate pure energy, which for me turns into a blue form when I do. It allows me to sense the power levels of others, as well as steal the energy of objects and living things around it to do as I please, which includes passing it to another to inhance their power. Because of my powers with energy, my blood has healing powers, as well as hightens the power of anyone who drinks it. It also allows me to create shadow beasts, who follow my every order. The last ability it grants me, is that I have an ability with bone that I hate using, it is a last resort for me most of the time, it makes me feel disgusting. I am a bone melder..I can liquify, harden and bend bone to my every whim...

‡ My story;

His powers have caused Eclipse to be the target of many hunters, vampires and more. When things turned bad, a sort of black market was formed, selling items that were usually banned by law, the market also became a center for slavery within certain groups. Eclipse avoided people most of the time, figuring he was better off on his own. Unfortunately it also made him a target. He was captured by a group within the black market, and kept under heavy sedation most of his time there, it was the only way they could keep him under control. Eclipse is not one for much following orders, but he was raised in an area where thee old ways were law. This ment that if he swore his loyalty to someone, he was bound by his word and his people's law to uphold it til he died, or his master died, or he was sold or set free.

Quote:
PapillonCameo

Gladys Belmont

I am a human.

People call me Gladys.
I am 25 years old.
I am female.

‡ My story;

I am an aristocrat, a title given to me for the fact that my family aided the vampires in their take over of the world in exchange for safety and riches. Though humans revile us now, we are safe.

I find myself feeling lonely though, and scour the streets both day and night to find myself a friend to chase away the memories of those that I knew who have died or disappeared in this strange new world.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 07-02-2012 at 03:30 AM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-21-2012, 10:18 PM

Reserved.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-22-2012, 03:03 PM

She shoved her arms into her leather jacket quickly and pulled her long dark hair from the back of it as she stepped out of her hotel building. Emerald colored eyes scanned her immediate surroundings for anything out of the ordinary as Tessa headed towards a diner just around the corner. The sun would be setting soon and humans would be taking refuge in their homes while the vampires emerged to find food and kill. That was the best time for any vampire hunter to be out and on the hunt, and that was why her day was just beginning.

This city was like all the rest; mostly dark, warm in the 'day light' and cold at night. The smoke blocking out the sun didn't allow for the planet to build up enough heat during the day, so nights were often worthy of a trench coat and cup of joe. But the nights were much more dangerous than and most people remained indoors after sunset.

When the sun was high above the smoke over the city it was warm and humid, there was a certain hue about the buildings and streets. A red-brown color tinted the world now. Trees and grass didn't grow in many places, weeds were most all that survived without the sunlight. Some buildings and museums had trees and 'exotic' flowers growing inside under specialized lighting, like artificial sun, to keep them alive as well as the wealthy, but seeing such things was a rarity to a commoner.

A couple of blocks later Tessa was in front of the diner. She swung the door open and moved inside to grab a newspaper and seat herself in a booth near the window. A short time later she was sipping a cup of coffee and reading the local news. She was shaking her head and frowning deeply. Every newspaper in every city was exactly the same. Page after page of obituaries and missing photos of mothers, children, best friends... She couldn't read anymore.

Tessa hadn't found any clues to her brother's life in the paper today, she never did. But so far as it stood, newspaper obituaries were her best chance at locating him. Was he dead? No, he couldn't be... She tossed the newspaper on the table and picked up her coffee to take a sip as she stared thoughtfully out the window watching as people scrambled to make it home before dark.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-22-2012, 05:11 PM

The young looking woman held her basket of flowers with a smile as she walked down the street nonchalantly. Though darkness had fallen into the world, she was glad of it. Of course part of that was because she owned one of the rare places that had the light needed to grow flowers, which was ironic considering what Lucrese was. For you see, despite her pink hair and pinkish brown eyes, she was a vampire. One with an agenda to take over the world, though she'd settle for having more vampiric blood.

Lucrese greeted everyone she noticed with a sweet smile and an offer of a rare flower. Though at her price it was a little hard to afford them. Inwardly the woman sneered at the humans and let her senses wander wide to find one of those others like her. The earth had a way of taking in the steps of those who walked on it, and holding a little of their signature within itself. Thirst made her throat dry, and it had been so long since she'd found a vampire to feed upon.

Smores
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-22-2012, 06:56 PM

There was no comfort in his presence, no feeling of security. Altain was a vampire like no other - he had long talked of the worlds balance. Though he could hardly take all the credit for the ideals he held. He had known a vampire by the name of Malena, she was a striking beauty with the coldness of the winter winds. The ferocity of a beast who knew no master, and the foresight that was coveted by all those who sought the truth. She always spoke of the balance in the world of humans and vampires, of day and night. Her visions went unheeded and often ignored, the vampires she stood to guide had turned on her 'old' ways and when she spoke of being ready to let the humans rule, they ganged up on her and mauled her. Leaving her to die alone. They did not want the restraints of the balance she spoke of and instead chose to turn on her and the laws of balance she believed in. Though Altain was not one of those vampires.

Altain had nothing but respect for this vampire named Melena. She was a vampire whos age far outlasted his, and one who was infinitely wiser. The vampires had turned on her when she spoke of a great incident that would decided what race the earth would favour. They like it at first, but did not like the alternative she spoke of. She explained to them that when the earth did choose one race over the other, it was the duty of the chosen race to oblige to her demands. To fulfill them. This meant if the earth chose the humans, the vampires should oblige and let themselves be ruled or rid of. This is what pushed the vampires to attack her, for even suggesting vampires could be the inferior race.

Altain too never did imagine that the humans would ever rule vampires, but he longed for her vision to come true - for her tales to be true. When the volcano did erupt and it became clear to him the earth had chosen the vampires, he ran to the woman he had long spoken with. Though she had already gone. The vampire had healed her wounds and became the apex predator she once was - not a note left behind but the scent that always lingered to her.

For a time he thought to give chase, but if she wished to be alone there was nothing he could do - he stood no match to a vampire of her power. Not to mention he had much to do if he was going to seize the chance to rule the world that was now blanketed in shadow. He would first have to unite the vampires under him, to bring them together to reach a common goal. Dominion over all living things, dominion over the humans.

These thoughts enticed him to action and as of such he had left the place where he stayed so long with Melena and looked for a place to begin. It was harder then he thought, most of the vampires he approached had turned on him for his words of leadership and preferred a life of chaos and slaughter. It was in those words that drove Altain to slaughter those vampires himself. The humans paid no trouble to him, though the odd vampire slayer came to him from time to time. The humans showed a will to live, but Altain had a will of a man that would live forever. He would see his goals achieved.

He traveled aimlessly at the time being, searching for but a small band of vampires to be his start - convinced if just a few would follow, others would surely lead. He hated to admit it to himself, but if he had Melena things would have been at much more ease. Her strength and visions would have played an immense role, but alas she was gone. Altain stood alone at the time being with nothing but ambition and opportunity before him. The world would be his, that was fact enough for him, it was the start that proved most difficult.

As his journey continued he came upon a small band of vampires that he tried to enlighten with his ideals. Once again did they turn on him, and once more did he spill their vampire blood and drain them of their uninspired lives. "This is why they turned on you, isn't it Melena." Altain crushed the skull of a vampire under his foot as he gazed the horizon for any signs of movement. "These short sighted creatures are a disgrace. It is a wonder you stayed with me in one place as long as you did." Grinding the fragments of bone under his foot further into the earth he spat out his words. Melena must see nothing but disgust in the vampire race that has proceeded her time. The next generation was short sighted and mindless, not far from the next generation of the humans.

Altain then turned his attention to a glimmer of light in the distance, what was surely some human compound where they thought themselves safe. No doubt did they have vampire hunters, because undoubtedly vampires must be flocking to that sign of life. Altain decided upon that direction, for maybe if he was lucky he would find some vampires who had vision beyond that of their next meal.

As much as he hated to think it, maybe he would happen upon Melena.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-22-2012, 07:43 PM

Hunger burned in his veins, fueled him onward. At least for the moment, he never let the hunger take over completely. He did enjoy it, the slight madness of the hunger, but he feared it as well. Bell did not want to become a mindless vampire that desired nothing but a constant feeding frenzy. He moved or rather, slinked up the alleyway, staying in the shadows. Humans wouldn't hear him, at least not the jingle jangle of tiny silver bells that accompanied his every movement. Other vampires could hear it, he could hear it.

A woman was walking passed that alleyway, and suddenly hands shot came forth from the shadows, Bell's hands. Grasping her, she let out a scream of pure terror before he could clamp a hand over her lips. That didn't really matter. He was bored and it was more fun when the hunters came to give chase. Effortlessly he dragged her a few feet into the shadows. His arms slipping around her waist, letting her mouth free so she could scream.

Bell did so like to play with his prey, male or female. It didn't matter. One hand slipped down into her pants and the other up her shirt. Soon her screams turned to moans and that was when those fangs slid almost gently into the soft, delicate flesh of her throat. He pulled at the blood eagerly, drawing it into his mouth, savoring the taste before he let it slide down his throat. Every mouthful was the same. Eager, but slowly. It was best to savor a delicious meal. The woman writhed in his arms and soon she began to still. His arms the only thing keeping her up now and then he pulled away from her.

'Never take the very last drop, lest you be pulled into death.' That was what he was taught, and it was the only stable rule he lived his life by. So he pulled from her, and he watched that last droplet of blood leak from those puncture wounds. He felt her life slip away, and he released her. Letting her body fall to the ground in a crumpled heap. Let someone else clean up the mess. All of that, hadn't taken maybe a minute. Bell was quick, efficient and he savored every single moment of it. No doubt some one would come, would be there soon, but he was already leaping up onto a rooftop.

Bell wasn't the sneaky type, he didn't meld into the rooftop shadows like most would. It was just surprisingly easy to sneak up on humans, even though they were paranoid, knew the vampires were out and about, they just never seemed aware enough. Pathetic and weak. Bell flexed his hands, curled his fingers into fists and uncurled them. He had been a weak human once, now look at him. Far superior to any human. He grimaced lightly, deciding to watch the area for a few more moments. Just curious. He stood, still as a rock. That sound of bells he emitted was getting to him tonight.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-22-2012, 07:56 PM

The smell of fresh human blood slammed into her nose, making the vampire falter slightly as she walked. Well now, this would be interesting. Maybe she'd be able to feed soon upon blood more potent then that of any mortal being. Her smile widened slightly as she continued walking and weaved a pattern of humanity into her mind. Lucrese wasn't sure if she could hide what she was completely, but it was the best she could do.

There were ruined buildings around, blocking what moonlight filtered down trough the clouds. Purposefully, she shifted her basket to let a few flowers drop to the ground. It was supposed to look as an accident, and excuse for her to stop and bend down. Vulnerability and innocence, that was what Lucrese tried to seem like she had in order to draw in her prey.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-22-2012, 08:17 PM

Someone did approach. Bell peered down from his rooftop perch and watched the girl bend down to pick up some flowers she had dropped. He didn't move. He had already fed once, but he could go for a little more. Still, something felt a little off, she seemed human, but something just didn't feel quite right. Well, maybe he'd just snack on her a little and let her go. With a soft jingling, Bell leaped to another place, and then down, behind the girl.

"Lovely ladies ought not wander alone when the sun is setting, has set..or..whatever." He glanced up at the cloud covered sky. Sometimes he just could not tell if the sun was done setting or not, mostly that came for a lack of paying attention to that sort of thing. It wasn't important. Not really. Those purple eyes dropped from the sky to the pink haired girl. No. She definitely smelled like a vampire, but she had felt different. She felt almost human. A trick? It had to be, but why trick other vampires? Well there were plenty of reasons for that.

Bell shook his head, causing a clamor of silver bells to heard in their ears. It made him grimace. Damnit. After this, he was going home and he was going to just lay in his bed, stare at the ceiling and not move. At all. No moving. It was just to damn annoying. "Your a tricksy little thing, aren't you?" He watched her almost warily. Not quite sure of her age, and not quite sure he could move faster than her if she were to strike.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-22-2012, 08:30 PM

Bells, silvery and tinkling, reached her ears just as she heard the sound of someone landing behind her. With a sweet smile, Lucrese stood and turned to peer at Bell. Darn it, working on her hiding technique was definitely on her list of things to do. O well, at least it had drawn him in and brought her prey closer. Though maybe a different approach was needed with this one. Lucrese hadn't yet found a vampire willing to share their blood, and she doubted things would be any different this time.

"Why thank you for your concern, but I think I'll be alright." Tricksy was she? He hadn't an idea of what she planned to do. There were so many options too, with all these buildings just waiting to collapse all around. Playing with food wasn't something she usually did, but just this once Lucrese was ready to make an exception. It was easy really, to find the already crumbling supports of a nearby building with her senses. "Tricksy, maybe but .. I'm so weak compared to other vampires that I have to be.Then it was just a matter of weakening the cement and everything came toppling down.

She pretended to be afraid, her eyes going wide and a scream leaping from her throat. Of course, no harm would befall either of them as the building crashed down, but the purple haired vampire didn't know that. The materials making up the building seemed to just miss them both by inches, though really it was all because of the pink haired woman using her powers gently. She'd really need to feed after this use of her powers. Then her lie would be all too real.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-22-2012, 08:38 PM

"Weak? Then hire a bodyguard." Bell smiled, almost a charming smile as if he were selling himself as a bodyguard. He wasn't really. Something about her made him uneasy. Something told him he should flee from her. She was more dangerous than she looked. Of course. Bell almost never listened to his own common sense, besides, the building had begun to crumble and fall around them before he could even really listen to his common sense at all. Bell sprang into action, the sounds of falling building and jingling bells made a terrible noise in his ears as he sprang forward the short distance between them. Arms reaching out to grasp the girl and hold her close. Shield her body with his own.

His body had moved before he'd even considered trying to save her. Everything had happened so fast, and now the dust was settling down around them, and he blinked his purple eyes to look down at the pink haired girl he held so close against him. "You alright, lady?" Bell mentally kicked himself. She was a vampire, she probably would have been alright without him playing a hero. Sometimes he could act like such a human. It was almost pathetic. His eyes were on her though and his arms still around her. Funny how he hadn't let go yet, still being this close to her, he couldn't help but think how pretty she was.

Smores
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-22-2012, 08:51 PM

Altain had made haste towards the lights now, and he could see it was indeed a place where the humans had set up some sort of town. He was excited by the idea that vampires may be around - but aware he may have to kill them once again if they were dim witted. Which, considering his track record, was quite the real possibility. As he got closer the lights of the disgraceful place almost annoyed him. Why the humans bothered to hold on anymore was beyond him, but they did. Not that it mattered much, once he united the vampires crushing the humans would be child's play.

As he came upon the town he could hear the ringing of, bells? What a stupid thing for someone to do. It was probably an idiotic human child. With dumb parents to match for not even trying to keep their child out of harms way... he could pinpoint the bells location almost instantly. What a stupid thing... though it made the hunt much easier.

As he silently approached the ringing he could hear the sound of rubble hitting the ground. Peering around some destroyed home he could spot two vampires. Those idiots... they were doing what? Hugging in the open? For their sake Altain hope they would be smart enough to join his cause. He would enjoy killing them way too much. As he made a silent approach to the duo he stopped once more, using his trained hearing to listen in on their conversation.

The first thing he noticed was that, clearly, the man was an idiot. He had either poor senses and did not notice the woman was a vampire or he was just plain gullible. Both which meant that he could easily be recruited my Altain. Though that woman was, strange, did she love this man? Were they joking around? It was almost painful to watch and Altain had to stop himself from letting out a sigh - as to not give away his position with such a silly sound.

Though, of all silly sounds, that male vampire was making that bell like sound. That was probably the single dumbest thing he had ever heard - and it came from a vampire. Was it a bell he was wearing? Could everything around him hear it? Regardless... Altain was almost hopeless at the sight of the vampires of the future. How these two had even made it this far along in their existence was a surprise.

Though only by tasting their blood could Altain learn everything there was to know about these two. Then true judgement could be passed on them.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-22-2012, 09:09 PM

She hadn't expected him to try and protect her while putting himself in danger, nor had she expected him to keep holding her. It was so unusual for others to do that, despite how she looked, that Lucrese wasn't quite sure what to do anymore. Maybe ... maybe just this once her prey would cooperate? She found herself hoping her would. "Thanks to your valiant efforts." A bright smile crossed her features as she debated between taking blood by force or for once asking for permission to do so.

Absentmindedly, she noted the trembling of the earth as of someone's footsteps. But that was probably just some remnant of the building, still falling and settling down. "I have a strange request. I heard somewhere that when a vampire drinks another vampire's blood, they become stronger. Would you let me have some of yours?" It wasn't just a rumor, it was true. The trouble was, it was kind of addicting. At least, to Lucrese it had been.

She licked her lips, and looked up hopefully at Bell. She hoped he said yes, that he wouldn't struggle. Otherwise she'd have to take what she needed by force. It'd be interesting to pit herself against Bell of course, but he had shown more decency to her then anyone had in years. For that he'd earned her respect.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-22-2012, 09:19 PM

Popping the cap back onto her fire engine red lipstick, Stephanie rubbed her lips together and smirked into the mirror. She turned on her heel and exited the hotel room bathroom. Within moments she had everything she needed to exterminate any vampire that so happened by her tonight.

Not everything was so well hidden, but she didn't intend it to be. She didn't need to hide her weapons from vampires, most of them knew exactly who she was. That caused her a cocky grin as she pulled on a black leather jacket that ended a few inches below her ample breasts. Her red lipstick and black leather accented her long blonde hair and olive green eyes perfectly.

Stephanie's black leather knee-high boots were pulled over her skin tight jeans and held her up on a five inch heel. Most women couldn't walk properly in heels like them to get to their mailbox and back. But Stephanie could walk in them perfectly, as well as run, jump fences, fight and kill vampires.

Within moments she was on the bottom floor of the hotel and sauntering out into the night. It was really sunset, but who could really tell anyway? She'd been walking for a few short minutes, watching people as they passed. So far it didn't seem any vampires were out and around this area, for now anyway. But the night was very young.

Just as she was starting to get annoyed, the ground under her feet began to rumble the slightest bit. Was the volcano erupting again? No, up ahead she could see dust and debris flying into the air from around a corner. With expert silence, Stephanie moved to the side of the building. There was a slim chance that the building itself had just collapsed on it's own like that, she knew.

She peeked around the corner as the dust began to settle. Immediately she picked up on the words of a female. The pink-haired woman, no doubt. She was asking to drink the blood of the male she was with, and he was a vampire, too? Oh this was rich. Stephanie smirked. In less than a second she had two pistols, one in each hand and was no longer hidden behind the building.

Instead she now faced them both, pearly whites gleaming in the streetlights as she pulled her triggers. She knew vampires were fast, but that's why she'd trained to be a silent and quick exterminator. Two silver bullets sped towards the pair at a speed much quicker than your average vampire speed. Of course, she had no way of knowing how average they were. Time would tell.

~~~*~~~*~~~

Tessa rubbed at her temples. As more time passed since the last time she'd seen her brother, the less she slept at night and the harder she tried to find him or the vampires who killed her parents. She sighed and scooted out of the booth, leaving some money on the table.

Her flat soled leather boots were silent as she moved through the now empty diner. The only other person left inside was the poor nervous owner who was the only one left to close each night after his employees had scurried home to avoid becoming a late night meal. She didn't smile at him or offer him any signs of friendship or hope in this dark time, she just looked away and pushed through the diner door and onto the sidewalk.

A distant scream could be heard. Was the ground rumbling? No, just her imagination. Tessa was too far from the crumbling building to realize what was going down around the two vampires. Unknowingly, she headed in the opposite direction, pulling her hands into the sleeves of her leather jacket for warmth. It wasn't this cool in the day time, but it never got hot, not since the sun disappeared behind all of that ash and smoke.

At night, it became a new world. A frightening, deserted and cold place. Taking a shortcut through an alley that she was sure would get her back to her hotel where she could make some phone calls, Tessa became lost in her own thoughts, mostly unaware of her surroundings in the long and dark alley as she thought of her dear brother, James. Was he looking for her, too? Had he been... killed?

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 06-22-2012 at 09:30 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-22-2012, 09:39 PM

"Valiant? Maybe. I just moved without thinking really." Bell muttered the words softly, almost whispering in her ear. She really was a pretty girl, and she saw him as valiant. Well, that had to count for something. He lifted his head for a moment, looking around for a few seconds. He almost felt as if they were being watched, maybe they were. Bell didn't really care, let people watch. What this girl said next though, made his eyes widen slightly. "Uhm..What?" That was a strange request and a stranger rumor. He'd heard whisperings of something like that before, but never put much stock into it. He didn't believe it for a moment.

Bell was starting to move, about to push the girl away from him and jump away from her himself. Jump away and run. Somehow, having a vampire ask him for his blood frightened him. Before he could do that, something else caught his attention. A slight sound, maybe. He couldn't say exactly what it was. Not exactly a sound, maybe just a feeling. He was in danger, they were in danger, then he did hear the sound, a gunshot, two gunshots maybe. Bell did shove the girl now, as quick as he could, he shoved her hard and then, he hit the ground with a grunt. Bell fell straight down on his butt. Hissing, the scent of burning flesh in his nose, the smell of his own blood in his nose.

None of that he paid attention to, the smell was nothing. It was the pain he could only focus on. The burning, horrid pain. The person's aim had been off, or maybe it was because he'd been moving, pushing the girl away. Whatever it was, that bullet had barely missed his heart. Bell had never known a pain like this before, his hands reached up for the wound, fingernails ready to dig the painful bullet out. He had to get it out. But his eyes were dancing. Filled with pain and very alert, he glanced towards the pink haired girl long enough to see if she was dead or hurt, then those eyes were searching for the attacker. Bell was struggling to stand, one hand groping at the wound, as he tried to fight through the pain engulfing his body enough to move. To function.

Then he was on his feet, and his eyes were on the hunter. It was hard to focus, sharp fingernails dug into the flesh around the bullet, but he couldn't quite grasp it. He took a staggering step towards her and fell. Gods the pain. Damn silver, damn that pure metal to hell. Bell growled.

Of course, as always with every movement he made, the other vampires could hear silver bells jingling. The sound was lost to humans though.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-22-2012, 09:51 PM

Her hope fell, though she couldn't really blame him. That look in his eyes had warned her even as he shifted. Then she felt metal streaming towards them as she heard the shots. A wince crossed her features as the silver sliced a line across her arm, diverted by her abilities. Darn that hunter was good! Worriedly, Lucrese shifted her eyes to catch sight of Bell. The scent of his blood tempted her so, but that wasn't what she needed to think about.

Instead her senses narrowed and focused until the only thing she could feel was the silver bullet lodged in the other vampire. She was weakened already from her earlier exertions, but this much she could do. The pink haired vampire dislodged the silver from Bell with care not to harm him anymore then he'd already been, and threw it towards the blonde woman trying to kill them.

As she did so, she moved fast to offer up silent support to Bell by leaning slightly against his side. Blood dripped down her arm, weaving into a pattern all it's own. It took all of Lucrese's will power not to shift to the side and plunge her fangs into Bell. So she distracted herself by concentrating on the woman, and sending what of her power remained into a web of thin lines trough the surrounding ground. She'd be able to make it tremble and shift a little, but nothing more. Maybe it would be enough to get the hunter to stumble as she tried to hurt them again.

Smores
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-22-2012, 11:01 PM

Altain listened as he heard footsteps off in the distance, though those two vampires were still playing around like idiots before him. His eyes quickly scanned the area around him when he heard the gun shots and caught sight of what was clearly a huntress. One with decent aim at that, not that he could truly judge her aim while shooting at those two disgraces to the vampire lineage. "Idiots..." Altain spit his words out under his breathe, the first vampires he could convince to join and they are already going to die. Though upon closer examination he could see their flesh burning - clear sign of silver bullets. At least they would not die at the hands of a novice huntress.

Backing away from the area he was prepared to leave when that male had moved around, it was those bells that gave him away so clearly that might have just convinced Altain to stick around and save him. Even that pink haired vampire had survived - though after asking to drink the mans blood Altain debated killing her himself. Altain's blood tasting to learn of an individual was one thing, drinking blood was another. It was disgusting to drink the blood of your kin, disgraceful. Still he felt he should save those sorry vampires from being annihilated at this human woman's hands.

He quickly sprinted forward out of the darkness and found himself in between the pink haired woman and that strange bell sounding man. He pulled them apart quickly and took hold of the strange man, grabbing him tightly and then holding him up like some newly wed human woman. "Try not to die girl." Altain mumbled his words under his breathe and dashed off in and amongst the rubble, hiding the mans body in a spot where Altain could pick him up later. Though the temptation was great, he could not resist but to taste the mans blood. Dragging long talon like nails on the skin of the young vampire male he allowed the blood to coat his claws before bringing them to his mouth and licking it off his talons oh so slowly. Savoring not the taste, but the memories and experience - the story's - that his blood had to offer.

He gave a quick smirk after learning about the man, his name, his strange bell sound. If vampires could hear it then Altain would have to rethink letting him along at all. That could pose a problem to being stealthy amongst the other vampires. Still the time to debate usefulness was not now. He turned his attention back to the direction of that pink haired women, and no sooner then he turned was he off. Though he intelligently took shelter behind some debris near her.

Glancing over in the hunters direction he turned to the pink haired vampire who seemed to have the mildest of wounds. "Can you fight girl? Or must I carry you away like the other?" Altain did not bother to be too quite with his words, he had assumed the hunter smart enough to realize he knew somewhat of battle. "So what will it be? Take the fight to her? Or live another day?" Altain grew impatient and hissed at the end of his sentence, despising the fact he had to save two vampires from but one huntress. No matter her skill, it was still a sad thing to see. Embarrassing on their parts.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-22-2012, 11:28 PM

Something was happening, footsteps too quick to be human neared making the ground vibrate. It made her lose her concentration, making her powers snap back into her harshly. Lucrese winced, but kept her eyes on the hunter while the purple haired vampire was carried away by another of their kind.

He was so quick! Maybe someday she would be that powerful, for she knew he was. There was just something about the vampire that emanated age and power. "Run. My powers need to recover, I'm in no shape to fight." Survival was after all what she wanted, to prove to those who had once shoved her aside so easily that she was stronger then any of them!

Though of course, Lucrese thought, they were already all dead. "You don't need to carry me though, I can run well enough. It's my arm that's hurt, not my legs." With that she was off, running away towards the scent of vampiric blood. It pulled her like a flower called to a bee, though she had no intention of taking Bell's blood without his permission. He'd saved her again, for truth this time even if by accident. She owed him for helping her.

This other vampire on the other hand didn't really much matter to her as her feet pounded against the ground. It was exhilarating in a way to be running for her life like this. Times like this made Lucrese feel alive again, truly so.

Smores
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-23-2012, 12:24 AM

Altain watched the pink haired vampire run off, at least she knew when it was best to run. That was about the only nice thing Altain could say about the girl. Both her and that boy had made him do more then he had liked, he also did not like to play around with the hunters. The odd one was quite strong and he rather liked being 'alive' - besides he had big plans. "Guess we will have to play some other time huntress." Altain yelled from behind the rubble then proceeded to jump straight up onto the ruined roof and as his foot touched the rubble, propelled himself back to that wounded man. he would have liked to see what the huntress was made of but he had lost the element of surprise in saving these two fools.

He watched as the pink haired woman ran, easily over taking her and making it back to the wounded man. She too had exhausted herself it seemed, and it showed. The both of them would need rest, and at least if the pink haired vampire was foolish enough to come for his blood - ripping her head off would be that much easier.

Approaching the downed man, he picked him up once more and ran off. This time further out of the town and away form that huntress. That pink haired wench seemed to be capable of at least trailing the scent of this mans blood. Good for her because Altain was done with baby sitting. "Get up." Altain nudged the mans body with his foot and glanced over at the direction of both the pink haired vampire and the huntress. Leaning in closely, quite enough so that vampire woman could not hear, Altain whispered in the mans ear. "Is she trying to kill you as well?" Altain could not help but smile, pleased with the fact he had saved these two failures - now they owed him. Whats more, Altain was now playing with the man, he knew that the pink haired girl did not try to kill him - the blood told him that. Knowledge truly was power, and that mentality made his power the ultimate power. Now he would taste that pink haired ones blood, only then would he be open to letting the both of them live.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-23-2012, 01:26 AM

Stephanie smiled. Her targets had been hit. It was clear the two vampires weren't younglings. Had they been they both would have had a single silver bullet through each of their hearts and never known what hit them. Still, they were wounded and that would make the execution easier now that they knew she was here.

The male vampire was trying to move towards her but he was badly injured. As he fell to the ground, she couldn't help but laugh out loud. Some superior race they turned out to be. It would only be a matter of time before she, the best vampire hunter now known to this planet, would exterminate them all.

She took a step towards the pair that were together again as one tried tending to the other. She put away her pistols before pulling a silver dagger from it's hiding place. Just then the ground began to tremble and crumble under her feet. Her cocky grin faltered for a moment before she realized it was that pink haired vampire.

Stephanie was annoyed now. Something like this wasn't entirely unexpected, she just didn't want this game to drag out like it sometimes did. Unlike most vampires, Stephanie didn't like to play games, she didn't like the thrill of the hunt, she merely loved the thrill of the kill, and the more, the more the thrill. If they put up much fight, she wouldn't get many kills tonight and that thought annoyed her.

Grounds shaking and crumbling, Stephanie continued moving forward effortlessly, even in those heels. She pulled one pistol from it's holster. She'd intended on staking the both of them with her silver dagger, but the pink haired one appeared to have powers different from others she'd encountered. Best not to get too close to that one.

Raising her hand, she pointed the pistol right at the male's heart intending to put him out of his misery first. Right before she pulled the trigger, another vampire appeared, spoke quickly to the woman, and disappeared. Stephanie was so taken aback from his speed that her eyes widened slightly and for a split second she wasn't sure what to do. He'd come and gone so fast, even her trained eye hadn't seen him come or go.

Quickly she regained her wits and pointed her pistol at the pink haired woman's heart. This one had abilities like she hadn't seen before. Maybe she was older than Stephanie had originally thought. Maybe this vampire knew of the one Stephanie hunted, the reason she came to this city in the first place. "What do you know of Lord Bauquemare?"

Before she could even get her full sentence out the other vampire had returned and they were disappearing. Damn. Stephanie was ultra annoyed now. We'll have to play again some other time? Pfftt. All she needed was one more time... But, that vampire was strong, she knew. He could have just been fast, but Stephanie knew better and vampires like him had to know something about this Bauquemare character.

((Okay, I have to stop, my daughter is driving me nuts. It'd be nice to get a little help watching her from time to time considering I'm not a single parent. Sure feels like it sometimes. -_- I don't even know what I've written at this point, I've had to stop so many times. Ridiculous. I hope this makes sense.))

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-23-2012, 01:59 AM

Something had happened to the bullet, it had moved out of him and the pink haired woman was trying to support him. Then she was gone and a man was picking him up. Picking him up and carrying him away. The wound still hurt, still burned but the bullet was gone. He wriggled and thrashed against the man. "No..I'ma kill that human!" Then he was being dumped on the ground and the man darted off. Bell growled, he growled dark and deep in his throat and struggled to his feet. Up on his feet and then he promptly sat back down, a hand over the wound. His finger poking at it. Why did it still hurt? He couldn't even tell if it was healing properly, was it? He'd never been injured with silver before, but he knew the metal for what it was.

He grunted lightly, looking up just as the man returned. The man hadn't killed the human, he knew, because he couldn't smell her death on him. Then that man was picking him up again. "Damnit. Put me down! Gods curse you a thousand times over. I want to fight. I want to fight!" Bell struggled but this vampire, he was much stronger than Bell. He wasn't sure how far they had gone, or where they had gone. Only that he'd been dumped on the ground again and now the man was nudging him and telling him to get up. Well fine. Bell grunted, and growled as he got to his feet. And came face to face with a very pretty male vampire. Bell was sure if his heart actually beat it would have skipped a few.

"..uhm.." For a moment Bell didn't realize the man was speaking, he was leaning in so close. Then he blinked and seemed to come back to his senses. "Iunno. Said she wanted my blood cause it would make her stronger." He raised his hands, put them on the stranger's chest and shoved. This man was too damn close and too damn pretty. Bell nearly wanted to kiss him. Bell also wanted to knock the shit out of him for carrying him away like some helpless pathetic human. Right. Hang on to that anger.

Bell growled as he shoved the man. "You stupid bastard. I could've killed that woman, and I would have. No one asked you to interfere. I'm not some helpless fledgling." He hissed the words out. Glaring. "I bet you think you saved me, huh? Well you didn't, you just pissed me off, and now. I'm gonna...I dunno what I'm gonna do." Bell sighed, took a step back and crossed his arms across his chest and pouted. He really could've killed that woman, and he really wanted to. This man had robbed him of his revenge. And damn those bells, every time he moved. He growled again but mostly just out of frustration and annoyance.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-23-2012, 02:11 AM

She ran faster then she ever had before despite her state and yet Lucrese still fell behind. If it hadn't been for the scent of Bell's blood hanging in he hair she'd have lost the two of them. As it was, the young vampire arrived just as Altain was shoved by Bell. She wouldn't have dared do such a thing to someone who seemed so powerful, at least not until she knew of a way to stand as his equal in battle.

So she turned her attentions to Bell and moved forward with one hand stretched out to probe lightly at his wound. A hiss escaped her lips as she found a single sliver of silver lodged within the skin. In her haste Lucrese had missed it with her powers, now she yanked it out mentally and it shot into her own hand. "There's no more silver, that was the last bit. You should be feeling at least a bit better now. By now she was too exhausted to get the annoying thing out of her own hand, so the pink haired woman settled for turning around and sending a glare at the newest vampire in their little group.

"I don't suppose you had a reason for saving us? Vampires as powerful as you are usually ruthless to the core, and never do things without reason." It had been simple with her five hundred year old creator, he'd wanted food. This man, well he was unfathomable. It set Lucrese on edge.

Smores
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-23-2012, 02:33 AM

Altain listened to both of the young vampires babble on about not needing to be saved and what not, it honestly did not bother him and he paid little attention - mentally organizing a plot of world take over. The man seemed to be interested in him, though Altain pretended not to notice. Mostly it was the irritating bell sound he created - though maybe, that would help attract the attention of Melena. The thought seemed interesting but possibly dangerous, at the moment it was almost certain he would do it.

Turning his attention to the male he just smiled and placed his hand on the side of his face, "I saved you, make no mistake of that. She would have killed you both." Altain gave a cold smile, something his company got use too. Warmth was not really a word associated wit the vampire. Manners, well that depended on who you asked. Turning to the pink haired vampire he glanced her over, "You have a taste for vampire blood? That is quite.... rare." Licking his lips slowly he gave a much more, hungry kind of smile. If it could be called that. "That is something we have in common. Though maybe to different extremes. Though you are clearly the more level headed one." Altain had sat down on a large cement pillar, all together ignoring the ramblings of the young man. He would speak to him once he calmed down a little.

The pink haired vampire did notice his power, that was usually the way into Altain's good books and it had yet to change. "Well thank you for noticing my, talents. Though I am sure the three of us can use our words, unless of course... should I be more ruthless right now?" Altain shrugged his shoulders to the girl and began to lick all of the blood off of his hands. It bothered him he missed any information the girl may have been carrying but that time would come soon enough.

"Bell is your name?"
Turning his head to Bell Altain stood up and dusted off his shoulders. "You need to calm down kid, I just wanted to keep you two alive. Hate seeing vampires getting wasted by the humans. Its despicable." Taking his hands off of the man he still looked into his eyes, the guy was a little weird. That chime that followed him even weirder.

"If you want to fight so bad boy lets make it beneficial to the lot of us."
Altain rolled his wrists and flexed, then his talon-ed fingers loosen up. "We can kill a vampire." A large smile crossed Altains lips, there were the odd vampire whom had some decent power. If they died, well Altain would not be very torn up about it. "You get a fight, she gets her blood... and Its less work for me." Altain brushed the dust off his body from all the debris in the area with a smile, he hoped these two would be up for the fun. Besides the boy seemed like he wanted to prove himself.... and the girl was twisted. Admittedly Altain enjoyed that. You both up for some fun or what? I mean.... unless your scared. Altain gave a small grin and waited on their replies, he was ready for a quick 'fight' if they decided upon it. Though neither looked to be that stupid in their current wounded state. Though while he wanted to throw saving them in their faces a little more, it was sometimes bet to let others think they had done more then they really did.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-23-2012, 02:50 AM

Bell hadn't noticed. Well he had noticed when the pink haired girl showed up, he just hadn't paid any attention to her, until she probed at the hole in his chest. He hissed at her and glared a little, then that tiny sliver was pulled out of him. Bell only flinched a little bit while that was happening. It hurt. It really had hurt. "Warn me before you go poking at my injuries, lady." His glare did soften the tiniest bit, and he turned his attention back to the male. Bell knew the man was strong. Very strong, and Bell knew it would be a bad idea to get on this man's bad side, and he knew if he got into a fight with this man he would not survive. But none of that frightened him. Not really.

Then that man was speaking his name, and Bell glared menacingly. Or as menacingly as he could at Altain. "Lucky guess." He muttered the word lightly, his eyes flashing angrily when the man called him 'kid' and he growled. Hands clenched and unclenched into fists. For a few moments it looked like Bell wanted to pounce on Altain and bite his throat out. "Look, old timer. I don't want 'a' fight. I wanted that fight. I wanted that human's death, and stop patting yourself on the back for saving us. You sure as hell didn't save me, you just interfered and kidnapped me."

He turned his nose up, and shook his head, making those bells jingle noisily. "Besides, I don't hunt vampires. If they mean me harm, then I'll kill'em. But I don't go looking for them just to slaughter them. I'm not a vampire hunter, I'm a fucking vampire." This man, Bell was sure, had a few screws loose. It happened sometimes he supposed. He'd probably end up crazier than this guy in a few hundred more years or something.

Bell chose to ignore that comment about being scared. He knew he wasn't scared, and in knowing that, meant he didn't have to prove it to this guy.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-23-2012, 03:10 AM

She watched as Bell ignored her blatantly in favor of the older vampire. A sigh escaped Lucrese's lips, though soon enough a spark had entered her eyes. With a tinkling laugh, she grinned at Altain. "Does this mean you would let me take a taste of your blood sir?" Then he was laying out his plans, and Bell was acting like a fool.

Just because they were vampires didn't mean that they wouldn't want to kill each other. In fact, killing her creator had given her the taste for blood of her kind. "Bell, you aren't asking the right questions. What I would like to know, is why you want this vampire dead." The pink haired woman shifted to sit down beside Altain.

Looking up at him with her eyes, she offered up a smile. "And then there's the matter of letting us recover from our wounds." Unless he wanted them to bleed so he could take their blood? Bell didn't realize it yet, but he had an ally in Lucrese. In fact, he was the only reason she'd followed Altain. A life for a life, she owed him.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-27-2012, 05:47 PM

((Sorry for the delay everyone, we were at the beach, then I got food poisoning and had a migraine until this morning... It's been quite a trial. But I'm alive and I'm posting!))

Tessa's boots padded silently down the alley. It was much darker than she'd anticipated it would be so she was walking slowly, squinting into the darkness around her for signs of movement or danger. As she walked, the ground began to tremble once again. At first it was just a mild vibration, then, it became more violent.

The volcano was erupting again. It had been months since the volcano last erupted and Tessa didn't want to be caught outside in the smoke and ash when it began to fall. She started to run, praying that she wouldn't trip and fall on anything in the alley as she headed for the other end.

As she burst out of the alley, thankful to have not fallen or had her life stolen by some vampire, Tessa's stomach sank. This wasn't the street her hotel was on at all. In fact, she was closer now to the crumpled building than she was before, yet still unaware of what had happened to cause the collapse of the building, or that her long time foe, Stephanie was nearby.

Hazel eyes searching frantically for signs of her hotel or the street it was on, Tessa struggled to keep her balance as the ground below her rumbled and shook. With each passing second, Tessa became more and more worried. The last few times the volcano erupted hadn't been this violent, and she didn't know what to do or where to go in this unfamiliar city.

Up ahead, in the center of the road a large crack formed. It began to grow until it was at least three bus lengths long and then half of the road crumbled and sank into itself, sucking a car and a bicycle into the abyss it had created. Car alarms were sounding left and right. Screams could be heard at various distances and a window above Tessa shattered, showering her with glass.

Her heart was racing and she began to run. She wasn't sure where she was going, but she needed to get somewhere safe. But where was safe? The ground was opening up and collapsing and surely buildings would begin to topple as well. She cursed under her breath at the thought of how many humans this would kill, while vampires would be able to survive the ordeal easily.

She took a step and the ground beneath her foot gave way, sending her falling towards the pavement. She reached out instinctively to catch herself as she grasped at air. Landing hard on her left knee and hands another window above her blew out and she lay on her stomach to cover her head.

When the rain of glass stopped, Tessa sat up to asses the damage to her hands. They were throbbing and stinging and covered in scrapes and bits of debris, and blood began to trickle down her right wrist. Her knee wasn't so bad, but she was sure there would be a bruise there tomorrow.

As Tessa pushed herself to her feet, determined not to let a stupid volcanic eruption a half a planet away get the best of her, the street and building lights began to flicker. In another moment, they were out. Tessa's eyes widened as they tried to adjust to the sudden and complete darkness, but it was no use. There was no light anywhere now that the sun had set.

Heart beating from her chest, blood seeping from her hands, Tessa backed up to the building she had fallen beside as she prayed that it wouldn't collapse on top of her and that the lights would return soon. She knew both of those things were not in her favor. The scent of her blood would normally catch the attention of unwanted company, but would it in a time such as this? She hoped not...

Sitting against the building, Tessa rested her head on her knees with her arms over her head to protect herself the best she could. Tessa prayed to whatever Gods there may be that she would live to see another "day" as ash began to fall from the sky, slowly blanketing the city in a layer of dust and grime. It would be many minutes before the ground stopped rumbling and opening up and buildings would stop crumbling and there would be great loss of human life.

((Let's just say Stephanie made it to cover in time. I don't feel like writing out a sentence for her escape. Lol I'm just hungry and need a lunch break. :sweat:))